lowering springs with panhard bar? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-21-2014, 04:46 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Look no one here is telling you that its bad to do everything at once, it just, and I mean this with no disrespect to you or anyone here, but it just takes a little common sense on the application, age, and state of the vehicles current suspension. If its going to be a track car or weekend track car then hell yeah do it all to get maximum performance. If the Car has many miles on her or the suspension isn't in good current condition, then yes it would be a good idea. If the car is relatively new with little suspension wear you'll be fine with what the op has planned. He has a 13, and unless He's got a tone of miles on it , there is no real "must replace now" components, and can always be done down the line. Again I don't want to argue we are just passionate mustang enthusiasts.

2013 V6, Candy Apple Metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2014, 05:13 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Agreed u dont need cc plates or a uca.. I am running sr on my 10 gt with just springs, pan bar and camber bolts, my alignment is perfect and have no problems or noises. I did buy lca just to prevent wheel hop but it wasnt needed
G3ARH3AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:34 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Personally I'd err on the side of being safe, plus I'd want them anyway. EVENTUALLY I'd like to replace the panhard bar with a Watt's Link . This is the Suspension kit I have in mind. I don't like a large drop and this has ALMOST everything you need.

Eibach Mustang Pro-System-Plus 35125.68 (11-14 GT, V6) - Free Shipping
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2014, 07:41 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Of course you don't absolutely need anything more than lowering springs to lower these vehicles (the vehicle will drive per se). I understand where you and possibly others are coming from, for sure.

It's just who I am man. I don't like taking shortcuts and believe these cars are built to take a beating (to an extent) and that's how I like to drive them. So when the time comes for mods I want to find top-notch parts/setups that will be able to handle a beating as well. I also like to have the peace of mind at the end of the day.

Like I said earlier, to each his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3ARH3AD View Post
Agreed u dont need cc plates or a uca.. I am running sr on my 10 gt with just springs, pan bar and camber bolts, my alignment is perfect and have no problems or noises. I did buy lca just to prevent wheel hop but it wasnt needed
I have no doubts towards you, I am just curious... How much of a drop did you opt for? How did you check your alignment? Eibach bolts?
Old 05-21-2014, 07:45 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Personally I'd err on the side of being safe, plus I'd want them anyway. EVENTUALLY I'd like to replace the panhard bar with a Watt's Link . This is the Suspension kit I have in mind. I don't like a large drop and this has ALMOST everything you need.

Eibach Mustang Pro-System-Plus 35125.68 (11-14 GT, V6) - Free Shipping
I almost went with an Eibach kit on my V6 last summer and they seem to get decent reviews, but I found alternatives that I feel a little more comfortable with purchasing. I'm sure you can't go wrong with Eibach though.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:48 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
I almost went with an Eibach kit on my V6 last summer and they seem to get decent reviews, but I found alternatives that I feel a little more comfortable with purchasing. I'm sure you can't go wrong with Eibach though.
Indeed. I'd rather pay a little more up-front for quality and reliability. Do it once. Do it right lol

As a side note, why don't they make this kit for V6? Good lord....

Hotchkis Stage2 TVS Track Pack Mustang Handling Kit 80118-2 (11-14 GT) - Free Shipping
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:52 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
While we are on the subject of suspension, any reason why the Steeda adjustable sway bar would not fit a '14 V6 auto? The 13 and 14 are not listed on the fitment guide. P/N 555-1073: Steeda 2005-14 Mustang Adjustable Rear Swaybar - Made in the USA 555-1073 - Free Shipping!
paintmann111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:00 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

2 stangz i have the sr and there rated for 1.5, but after a month i have an over all of roughly 1.35ish, i did use the eibach bolts and bmr panbar i set my own alignment at work -.5 degrees and so far tires r wearing well wanted to make sure i had everything right b4 i put my new tires on and I'm running 255/40/19 i did also install sr lca solid non adjustable and did not use relo brackets pinion angle is ok i checked b4 and after install n only shifted by 1.2 degrees since i still have a 2 piece drive shaft
Old 05-21-2014, 09:14 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
I've got around 2500 miles on my SR springs and J&M adj panhard bar and have had no issues. Yes I'm planning on uca and lca but for now it's fine. My tires aren't showing any signs of wear and my car handles and rides 10x's better. I've had eibach, bbk, frpp, springs and these fit in well. These are perfect for a dd, don't let the price scare you. For the record I agree with 2 stangz, but you can have a good suspension without going broke.
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:18 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Yes not disagree either the more supporting parts the better depending on what ur plans are
Old 05-22-2014, 03:29 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
2 stangz i have the sr and there rated for 1.5, but after a month i have an over all of roughly 1.35ish, i did use the eibach bolts and bmr panbar i set my own alignment at work -.5 degrees and so far tires r wearing well wanted to make sure i had everything right b4 i put my new tires on and I'm running 255/40/19 i did also install sr lca solid non adjustable and did not use relo brackets pinion angle is ok i checked b4 and after install n only shifted by 1.2 degrees since i still have a 2 piece drive shaft
Excellent information, appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow14 View Post
I've got around 2500 miles on my SR springs and J&M adj panhard bar and have had no issues. Yes I'm planning on uca and lca but for now it's fine. My tires aren't showing any signs of wear and my car handles and rides 10x's better. I've had eibach, bbk, frpp, springs and these fit in well. These are perfect for a dd, don't let the price scare you. For the record I agree with 2 stangz, but you can have a good suspension without going broke.
Never said the SR springs were bad, good to hear more feedback on them.

Quote:
Yes not disagree either the more supporting parts the better depending on what ur plans are
Agreed.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:45 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Paintman,

I just checked the site & it shows the following:

2014 Mustang GT Automatic
2014 Mustang GT Manual
2014 Mustang GT500 Manual
2014 Mustang V6 Automatic

Does that answer your question?

Best Regards,
TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:49 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Man I must be blind. I could of sworn it didnt. But yes that does. I knew it had to fit, but wanted to be sure. Thanks for the help.
paintmann111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:34 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
You don't "need" cast/camber plates. If anything you might need camber bolts with an adjustable pan hard bar. And "it may be ideal to go to an alignment shop" , no you'll need and should always get an alignment any time you do suspension work. Your not going to cause 1000s$$$ in damages if your lowering only 1.5 or less if its a dd. I car pool every third week with three adults in one of the most notorious pot hole filled roads (Quebec) and my car, other than being a little stiffer than stock, has almost stock feel to it. Add on suspension parts will come down the line but absolutely not necessary to do all at once. This info is just not mine but the many people from the AM reviews of the lowering springs and the AM reps them selves. They will tell you the exact same thing, would be nice to do everything but not necessary. Have you lowered your ride?

Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.
thank you. I do hope to do the full set up in the future, but if not needed right away that would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisBlackGT View Post
+1
Lowering 1.5" you don't need cc plates
thank you.

Quote:
You'll be fine, the panhard bar is something you can do in your driveway if you install the springs first. I did me the opposite lol, not on purpose but because the shop that was doing my gears were doing the springs at the same time a month later so I did the panhard bar first, then a month later when the springs and gears were done I just adjusted it to correct the axle, literally a 20 min job. Good luck its going to look great!

thanks! nice to know the panhard is that easy.

Quote:
SR springs adjustable panhard bar with 19's IMO a perfect drop, not to much but got rid of the 4x4 look.

that's what i'm hoping for. nothing drastic, just to make it look like a Mustang. lol

Past: 13 V6, 11 MCA V6, 89 GT, 88 GT, 04 V6
13BKV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:38 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Look no one here is telling you that its bad to do everything at once, it just, and I mean this with no disrespect to you or anyone here, but it just takes a little common sense on the application, age, and state of the vehicles current suspension. If its going to be a track car or weekend track car then hell yeah do it all to get maximum performance. If the Car has many miles on her or the suspension isn't in good current condition, then yes it would be a good idea. If the car is relatively new with little suspension wear you'll be fine with what the op has planned. He has a 13, and unless He's got a tone of miles on it , there is no real "must replace now" components, and can always be done down the line. Again I don't want to argue we are just passionate mustang enthusiasts.

glad you made that point. my car is right at 15k miles. Granted, i'm expecting the struts to take a beating and need replacement sooner than anything normal.... but they should be fine for now.

Quote:
thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow14 View Post
thanks! glad to hear of someone in the same situation

Old 05-22-2014, 03:46 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

I have eibach sport springs and lower control arms with relocation brackets...going to get adj panard bar in the near future but dont have it now. It's not necessary but good to get.

rockhillgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 04:18 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhillgt View Post
I have eibach sport springs and lower control arms with relocation brackets...going to get adj panard bar in the near future but dont have it now. It's not necessary but good to get.
thanks!

Old 05-28-2014, 12:39 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

finally installing springs today any hints or tips for the install?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang