lowering springs with panhard bar? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-21-2014, 12:41 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
lowering springs with panhard bar?

I just ordered the SR lowering springs and panhard bar for my 2013 V6. the springs should be in this Friday, but the panhard bar is on backorder

can I install the springs and run that way for a while until the panhard bar comes in or should I wait until the panhard bar arrives to install the springs? I heard that anything over 1.5 drop needs the bar, but this one drops 1.5 in front and rear.....

Past: 13 V6, 11 MCA V6, 89 GT, 88 GT, 04 V6
13BKV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2014, 01:16 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Oh lawdy, another one. Sure, you can install the springs without the adj. panhard rod. Your new camber un-alignment with those springs is going to love eating through tires as well.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:26 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
Oh lawdy, another one. Sure, you can install the springs without the adj. panhard rod. Your new camber un-alignment with those springs is going to love eating through tires as well.
this is why i'm asking. thanks for the rude answer that I needed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2014, 01:31 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Youll be fine. Obviously, you dont want to drive it like that for a long period of time.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:32 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
Youll be fine. Obviously, you dont want to drive it like that for a long period of time.
thanks. it would only be until the panhard bar comes in.. I know I'll be super anxious once the springs come in...

Old 05-21-2014, 01:32 PM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Perhaps 2 Stangs was eluding to the search feature, just sayin
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:34 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

For a 1.5" drop, you'll need caster/camber plates. I'd wait to install the springs until the adj. panhard rod arrives. An adj. UCA will also help with rear alignment. After everything is installed, it may be ideal to go to an alignment shop to make sure everything is set right.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:34 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
Perhaps 2 Stangs was eluding to the search feature, just sayin
that is why I mentioned that I read that anything over 1.5 needs the panhard... I did use the neat search feature. my question isn't whether I need the panhard or not, since it is on order....

Old 05-21-2014, 01:35 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
For a 1.5" drop, you'll need caster/camber plates. I'd wait to install the springs until the adj. panhard rod arrives. An adj. UCA will also help with rear alignment. After everything is installed, it may be ideal to go to an alignment shop to make sure everything is set right.
thank you.

Old 05-21-2014, 01:38 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I take a rude approach because many people fall for the low price of the SR springs and don't do enough research and end up taking the 'cheap way out' whether they know it or not. Going that route could result in $1,000's in damages and of course I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:42 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I take a rude approach because many people fall for the low price of the SR springs and don't do enough research and end up taking the 'cheap way out' whether they know it or not. Going that route could result in $1,000's in damages and of course I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone.
understandable, and of course I want to avoid that route. are the SR springs not good, or do you only mean when they are installed without the c/c plates and panhard bar?

Old 05-21-2014, 01:43 PM   #12
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:

+1

Don't risk or cheap out on anything like suspension which is constantly working to keep you on the road.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:50 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13BKV6 View Post
understandable, and of course I want to avoid that route. are the SR springs not good, or do you only mean when they are installed without the c/c plates and panhard bar?
Any lowering to our S197's will require a handful of supporting mods. The more severe the drop, the more they're going to cost.

SR seems to be a company with one goal in mind - Cheap, okay-quality parts that "get the job done," ... Saying that there's most likely better alternatives on the market, but I'm not dogging the company.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:55 PM   #14
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Ideally if you want to lower your car right the first time you need:

Springs (obviously)
Shocks/Struts
CC Plates
Adj. Panhard Bar
Adj. Upper Control Arm
LCA relocation brackets.

HID end all thread
Old 05-21-2014, 02:02 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Ideally if you want to lower your car right the first time you need:

Springs (obviously)
Shocks/Struts
CC Plates
Adj. Panhard Bar
Adj. Upper Control Arm
LCA relocation brackets.
+1 as well.

I've got a ~$1,600 suspension build (springs/shocks/struts/cc plates/adj. panhard/adj. UCA/LCA's/LCA brackets) that I plan to work for, purchase, and install this summer. Should be a lot of fun and great final result.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:11 PM   #16
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I've got just about $1,200 into my suspension right now and i haven't even lowered it yet, i'm saving that for when everything else is already in place. Which is coming up very soon, as soon as i have the money for the coilovers.

HID end all thread
Old 05-21-2014, 02:13 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I've got just about $1,200 into my suspension right now and i haven't even lowered it yet, i'm saving that for when everything else is already in place. Which is coming up very soon, as soon as i have the money for the coilovers.
Damn. Ah, coilovers, a territory I haven't ventured into yet.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:17 PM   #18
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Damn. Ah, coilovers, a territory I haven't ventured into yet.
You get to pick your ride height, and how stiff or soft they are.... Whats not to love?!?!?!!!

HID end all thread
Old 05-21-2014, 02:18 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You get to pick your ride height, and how stiff or soft they are.... Whats not to love?!?!?!!!
Interesting, I'll have to look into it. I bet they aren't cheap.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:21 PM   #20
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Depends. You can get a full kit for $3k, or you can do what i'm doing, get a conversion kit from Maximum Motorsports, they have a conversion for name brand shocks and struts like KONI or Bilstein, so if you get the shocks and struts then the kit it will come with anything those name brand coilovers will have, and you get to pick the spring rates also. Still not "cheap", but its not like KW expensive.

HID end all thread
Old 05-21-2014, 02:49 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
You don't "need" cast/camber plates. If anything you might need camber bolts with an adjustable pan hard bar. And "it may be ideal to go to an alignment shop" , no you'll need and should always get an alignment any time you do suspension work. Your not going to cause 1000s$$$ in damages if your lowering only 1.5 or less if its a dd. I car pool every third week with three adults in one of the most notorious pot hole filled roads (Quebec) and my car, other than being a little stiffer than stock, has almost stock feel to it. Add on suspension parts will come down the line but absolutely not necessary to do all at once. This info is just not mine but the many people from the AM reviews of the lowering springs and the AM reps them selves. They will tell you the exact same thing, would be nice to do everything but not necessary. Have you lowered your ride?

2013 V6, Candy Apple Metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.
FastFord13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:05 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
You don't "need" cast/camber plates. If anything you might need camber bolts with an adjustable pan hard bar. And "it may be ideal to go to an alignment shop" , no you'll need and should always get an alignment any time you do suspension work. Your not going to cause 1000s$$$ in damages if your lowering only 1.5 or less if its a dd. I car pool every third week with three adults in one of the most notorious pot hole filled roads (Quebec) and my car, other than being a little stiffer than stock, has almost stock feel to it. Add on suspension parts will come down the line but absolutely not necessary to do all at once. This info is just not mine but the many people from the AM reviews of the lowering springs and the AM reps them selves. They will tell you the exact same thing, would be nice to do everything but not necessary. Have you lowered your ride?

Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.

+1
Lowering 1.5" you don't need cc plates
Old 05-21-2014, 03:37 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
If you all are looking to order suspension parts & save some money in the process ... Steeda is currently holding a 20% off memorial day sale.

You can always reach me at tim@steeda.com if you have any questions or are seeking feedback / advice.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:45 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

To each his own. However, my research doesn't come from amateur customer reviews and representatives trying to make as many sales as they can.
Old 05-21-2014, 03:48 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

I apologize if you took my informative information as a representative trying to get as many sales I can.

You are free to go with any company you choose ... I simply offered an opportunity to take advantage of suspension parts from a leading manufacturer in suspensions.

Best Regards,

TJ
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
Old 05-21-2014, 03:53 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Haha, no, Tim that was not directed towards you...

Whether you remember or not, you have helped me multiple times before. I'm a large fan of Steeda and especially the Steeda blog (which I have learned a lot from). Most of that $1,600 suspension build I mentioned a few posts prior actually contains Steeda parts... Except I just don't have the money yet to take advantage of that sale.
Old 05-21-2014, 03:54 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
To each his own. However, my research doesn't come from amateur customer reviews and representatives trying to make as many sales as they can.
Your clearly set in your ways. All good. Bit those "amateurs" are mostly mustang enthusiasts who I will always welcome their experiences and views like your own. And for myself I'll always welcome Shayne and Dan's input anytime, even though I feel very comfortable with what direction I'm going with my car, it never hurts to have an experts view on things. If they were trying to get there hands into my wallet don't you think they would agree and say yes its necessary to replace all of those parts? I believe that's why they are so well respected on here because they will help you with their own experiences and tell you what works and what doesn't.

Old 05-21-2014, 03:55 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

No worries ... I just wanted to make sure I didn't "cross the line".

Thank you for being a Steeda supporter.

Hopefully next time we can find a sale that is aligned with your purchase period!

TJ
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
Old 05-21-2014, 03:56 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
I apologize if you took my informative information as a representative trying to get as many sales I can.

You are free to go with any company you choose ... I simply offered an opportunity to take advantage of suspension parts from a leading manufacturer in suspensions.

Best Regards,

TJ
Please don't take offense, his views don't reflect all on this forum. I myself always welcome your input on whatever topic is being covered!

Old 05-21-2014, 04:03 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Your clearly set in your ways. All good.
Yes. I was taught by mentor and experience to do things right the first time.

Quote:
Please don't take offense, his views don't reflect all on this forum. I myself always welcome your input on whatever topic is being covered!
You missed one of my posts, bud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
No worries ... I just wanted to make sure I didn't "cross the line".

Thank you for being a Steeda supporter.

Hopefully next time we can find a sale that is aligned with your purchase period!

TJ
Any sales going on in July/August?
Old 05-21-2014, 04:07 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes. I was taught by mentor and experience to do things right the first time.

You missed one of my posts, bud.

Any sales going on in July/August?
Lol. OK.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:15 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I just ordered the SR lowering springs and panhard bar for my 2013 V6. the springs should be in this Friday, but the panhard bar is on backorder

can I install the springs and run that way for a while until the panhard bar comes in or should I wait until the panhard bar arrives to install the springs? I heard that anything over 1.5 drop needs the bar, but this one drops 1.5 in front and rear.....
You'll be fine, the panhard bar is something you can do in your driveway if you install the springs first. I did me the opposite lol, not on purpose but because the shop that was doing my gears were doing the springs at the same time a month later so I did the panhard bar first, then a month later when the springs and gears were done I just adjusted it to correct the axle, literally a 20 min job. Good luck its going to look great!

Old 05-21-2014, 04:17 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

SR springs adjustable panhard bar with 19's IMO a perfect drop, not to much but got rid of the 4x4 look.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1400707021382.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	208.7 KB
ID:	157475  
Old 05-21-2014, 04:28 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
that is why I mentioned that I read that anything over 1.5 needs the panhard... I did use the neat search feature. my question isn't whether I need the panhard or not, since it is on order....
I completely forgot to address this. Any lowered S197 (even if it's a 0.1in drop, for example) you're altering the factory suspension geometry and appropriate aftermarket parts to correct the geometry will be necessary for optimal performance and less problems down the road.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:33 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Lol, yes your obviously correct, when I sit my *** in the car Im technically altering the cars geometry, lmao.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang