Flamethrower - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-23-2014, 10:27 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Flamethrower

After I install my lethal off road h pipe tomorrow will I be able to shoot flames? What actually plays apart in shooting flames. Side note I'm also running bbk ceramic shortys and roush abs
Big_red502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2014, 12:24 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
800 plus hp...lol
Bama Performance Tune
Raxiom LED licence plate bulbs
Black GT500 style spoiler
Will2329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 12:49 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
Flames from exhaust is caused by fuel being burnt inside the exhaust pipes thus creating the flame. Most likely you will not make any flames but I have heard it happening before. Maybe if the car was running rich and have extra fuel to burn.
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2014, 02:26 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

There is a guy on Instagram and he shoots flames.

@5LITERGOBLIN
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:27 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
If your car is running super rich it'll sometimes ignite and cause a flame.

Take a lesson from Voodoo Larry, and Use the old spark plug trick from the 70's.
http://youtu.be/s9KByFWsiYU
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:28 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

From his name it looks like he has a 5.0 so that probably helps his cause
Old 05-23-2014, 02:30 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Borii
I have shot flames upon wot Shifts on a bama tune. Dyno tune eliminated the occasionally flame.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:32 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Like I said it is possible, but with the ops mods and car most likely not
Old 05-23-2014, 02:51 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adogg View Post
Like I said it is possible, but with the ops mods and car most likely not
Oh, I wasn't debating your statement. Just replying in general. OP shouldn't want to shoot flames

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:53 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
lol. This post.

Just wondering though, have you heard what your car will sound like with roush and o/r mid pipe?
I really hope you have, and have bought resonators at the very least.
2014 Oxford tri-pedal 3.7L- Airaid CAI, BBK 73mm TB, MGW Shifter, DSS Driveshaft, Whiteline Bracket, BBK Shorties, Lethal O/R H-pipe with HighFlow Cats Installed, Vibrant Resonators, Pypes Axlebacks. Track Pack Wheels!
Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:58 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Flamethrower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie View Post
lol. This post.

Just wondering though, have you heard what your car will sound like with roush and o/r mid pipe?
I really hope you have, and have bought resonators at the very least.

I've heard video or 2 with close set up and actually I'm lookin to get even louder than that.
Do you have any video of yours without cats or resonators?
Old 05-23-2014, 03:04 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

youre nuts.

But i respect your preference. I just really hope you have tolerant neighbors. I ended up finally taking off my roush yesterday and replaced them with pype bombs after getting complaints from people- no regrets; better choice.
2014 Oxford tri-pedal 3.7L- Airaid CAI, BBK 73mm TB, MGW Shifter, DSS Driveshaft, Whiteline Bracket, BBK Shorties, Lethal O/R H-pipe with HighFlow Cats Installed, Vibrant Resonators, Pypes Axlebacks. Track Pack Wheels!
Old 05-23-2014, 03:05 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

My neighbors will deal...hopefully!
But you have any videos for me man?
Old 05-23-2014, 03:07 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

My neighbors will deal...hopefully!
But you have any videos for me man? Really wanting to hear your set up with roush ab
Old 05-23-2014, 03:34 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Sure thing man. The one i have posted below was my current set up until yesterday. I had bbk shorty headers, lethal h pipe (o/r) with mini flowmaster high flow cats, and roush axlebacks.
First one is my friends gopro of my car on the dyno.
Second one is off my you tube page, showing more of down low below 3k rpm. It sounded good up until then, and then got all super raspy. But thats our v6 for you. Ill post pype axlebacks instead sometime tonight. More to follow.

Old 05-23-2014, 05:59 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quick question what were your dump numbers and what mods were you running at the time
Old 05-23-2014, 06:17 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Jeeze, my setup must be louder than I thought it was. Hearing these, they're so quiet in comparison.

Back on topic though, why would you want to spit fire out your tailpipes? lol As a previous poster said that's usually a sign of running too rich.
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:28 PM   #18
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Get a turbo and an anti-lag system.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:45 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Simple nitrous

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:55 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie View Post
Sure thing man. The one i have posted below was my current set up until yesterday. I had bbk shorty headers, lethal h pipe (o/r) with mini flowmaster high flow cats, and roush axlebacks.
First one is my friends gopro of my car on the dyno.
Second one is off my you tube page, showing more of down low below 3k rpm. It sounded good up until then, and then got all super raspy. But thats our v6 for you. Ill post pype axlebacks instead sometime tonight. More to follow.

Quick question. Did you weld your h pipe together? And any instal help I'm installing tomorrow
Old 05-23-2014, 10:15 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

So, numbers with cai, tune, and h pipe with resonators and mini cats welded in: 273hp/260 tq ***However, due to governor, i couldn't get a run in 4th/5th, so dyno'd in third. =(
(total waste of cash. i thought i specified to bama to take it off.. but looking back...i didn't).
I will be dynoing again once new tires and driveshaft come in.

Next question, no i didn't weld it all together, and truthfully don't until you are sure it is the exact sound/setup you want. Only have welded resonators/ high-flow cats, but not the whole system. Especially if you plan to turbo it in the future.

As for tips, take your time and do it right. Some people are very mechanically inclined and can do things that take most people 4 hours, in a matter of several minutes. However, doing it right the first time will save yourself headaches like bad exhaust leaks, throwing codes, etc.
Remember to re torque your bolts after about 100 miles, and again at 500 if needed. Expansion and contraction can occur with heat or lack thereof.
Headers are a breeze on the drivers side, passengers side is VERY annoying, but not as bad as installing long tubes on the 5.0. (I guess having a smaller engine is good for something!)
After that, just make sure the ball and socket are well connected on the h pipe to avoid leaks.
Roush exhausts are super simple to place on, and if need be you can take the stock ones off via the black hanger attached to the frame of the car (3 bolts on driver's side, 2 on the passenger's). Make sure to align your tips with a buddy to save time, and remember you can adjust them by loosening where your h pipe and cat back system meet to save time and headaches.

If you need anymore help let me know dude, or just bump on this thread and im sure someone will chime in.

Lastly if you want flames spitting out your car, stay catless and go nitrous. A proper setup isnt cheap, but better than running hella rich. I got a link for that if you chose to go that route in the future. You can look at a kit they offer, but remember there are other things you should consider with running that route.
2011-2014 3.7L V6 Mustang Hard-line Plate System - Ford Systems - EFI Wet Nitrous Systems
Old 05-23-2014, 10:58 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
If you just want flames, I remember seeing about cars using propane to do it. It won't be the right way, but if you just want flames, it works. Make sure you are careful and do it right, though, whatever I saw was making fun and they let the car catch on fire lol. Not sure if it was Top Gear or what.

Sent from my XT1049 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:02 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
First Google result: http://www.hotlicksexhaust.com/photos

Sent from my XT1049 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:56 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Some people shouldn't have access to firearms and others shouldn't be driving on the streets.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:56 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Let's just put it this way I have. A 93 lx 5.0 with a vortec supercharger full bolt ons running 552 to the rear wheels and it barley spits flames and it's only full throttle flames
Old 05-26-2014, 01:20 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE=Georgie;2016933]So, numbers with cai, tune, and h pipe with resonators and mini cats welded in: 273hp/260 tq ***However, due to governor, i couldn't get a run in 4th/5th, so dyno'd in third. =(
(total waste of cash. i thought i specified to bama to take it off.. but looking back...i didn't).
I will be dynoing again once new tires and driveshaft come in.

Next question, no i didn't weld it all together, and truthfully don't until you are sure it is the exact sound/setup you want. Only have welded resonators/ high-flow cats, but not the whole system. Especially if you plan to turbo it in the future.

As for tips, take your time and do it right. Some people are very mechanically inclined and can do things that take most people 4 hours, in a matter of several minutes. However, doing it right the first time will save yourself headaches like bad exhaust leaks, throwing codes, etc.
Remember to re torque your bolts after about 100 miles, and again at 500 if needed. Expansion and contraction can occur with heat or lack thereof.
Headers are a breeze on the drivers side, passengers side is VERY annoying, but not as bad as installing long tubes on the 5.0. (I guess having a smaller engine is good for something!)
After that, just make sure the ball and socket are well connected on the h pipe to avoid leaks.
Roush exhausts are super simple to place on, and if need be you can take the stock ones off via the black hanger attached to the frame of the car (3 bolts on driver's side, 2 on the passenger's). Make sure to align your tips with a buddy to save time, and remember you can adjust them by loosening where your h pipe and cat back system meet to save time and headaches.

If you need anymore help let me know dude, or just bump on this thread and im sure someone will chime in.

Lastly if you want flames spitting out your car, stay catless and go nitrous. A proper setup isnt cheap, but better than running hella rich. I got a link for that if you chose to go that route in the future. You can look at a kit they offer, but remember there are other things you should consider with running that route.
2011-2014 3.7L V6 Mustang Hard-line Plate System - Ford Systems - EFI Wet Nitrous Systems
QUOTE]

Georgie. Did you get a video of the exhaust with te other abs than the roush.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:35 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Oh yea, i almost forgot. Sorry its been a real busy weekend.
Here we go.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang