Saving stock tune - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-24-2014, 04:29 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Saving stock tune

Just recently purchased the SCT x4, wanted to know before I start tuning is there a way to copy and creat a backup file of the stock tune to a computer from the SCT tuner. Has anyone done this....
epit2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2014, 06:46 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by epit2me View Post
Just recently purchased the SCT x4, wanted to know before I start tuning is there a way to copy and creat a backup file of the stock tune to a computer from the SCT tuner. Has anyone done this....
Sure is. The stock file is stored locally on the device but if you want to make a copy you just download the updater software from SCT here (grab the USB cable your device came with, plug it in and get the serial # from Device Info)

SCT Performance - More Power! Less Fuel!

Then once you install the software on the left hand side click "Get Stock File From Device"
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:50 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I researched it there, it said it could be downloaded to the computer but that file couldn't be loaded back to the tuner. You would have to contact SCT. I guess what I'm trying to figure out, when I transfer the file to the computer is that a copy? Would I still have a stock file tune on the SCT tuner itself for whenever I want to swap out or when transferring to the computer would it totally remove off the tuner all together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2014, 06:56 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I researched it there, it said it could be downloaded to the computer but that file couldn't be loaded back to the tuner. You would have to contact SCT. I guess what I'm trying to figure out, when I transfer the file to the computer is that a copy? Would I still have a stock file tune on the SCT tuner itself for whenever I want to swap out or when transferring to the computer would it totally remove off the tuner all together.
Yes, it would be a copy. They say it wouldn't be able to load right back onto the tuner because it saves in a .ibu format rather than the .cef format of the tune files. So you would have to contact SCT and send them the .ibu file to switch it over to the .cef.

Why this is, I would assume is so people don't go manually altering the tune file then load it up on their car and royally eff something up.
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
Old 05-24-2014, 07:00 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Ok so even after doing the computer backup the original will still be usable on the SCT tuner correct?
Old 05-24-2014, 07:05 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok so even after doing the computer backup the original will still be usable on the SCT tuner correct?
From what I saw on their site, correct. Worst case scenario you have the file on your computer and just have SCT convert the format and load it back onto the tuner.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:43 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

The tuner saves a copy of your stock file for you.. And at any point you can switch back to your stock tune.. I have the SCT 4 as well
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang