Billet Grille and Pony Package - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-29-2014, 03:49 PM   #1
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Billet Grille and Pony Package

Pretty sure my wife and kids bought me this for fathers day:

Modern Billet Black Mustang Retro Billet Upper & Lower Grille Combo Kit - Free Shipping

The only thing is that its says its not for the Pony Package. Thats what I have, will this still work? If so what will need to be done to make it work?
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2014, 08:27 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Can maybe some one from American Muscle maybe give me some insight on this?
Old 05-30-2014, 12:25 PM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I've got the Pony Package as well and was wondering the same thing. It hasn't been a priority at the moment as I'm saving for a tuner first. Why not just pick up the phone and call American Muscle and see what they have to say. They're usually very helpful. Let us know what you find out
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2014, 01:11 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
I've got the Pony Package as well and was wondering the same thing. It hasn't been a priority at the moment as I'm saving for a tuner first. Why not just pick up the phone and call American Muscle and see what they have to say. They're usually very helpful. Let us know what you find out
Yeah I could do that but Im pretty sure its on its way. I think my wife ordered it on Wednesday. Ill post my findings after I get it. It wont be for a couple of weeks though...
Old 05-30-2014, 08:50 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
It says under the "application" section that it does not fit the pony package
2014 SGM V6 Premium Auto | Pony Pkg. | Comfort & Security Pkg. | 3:31 Rear
2008 V6 Premium Coupe (Traded)
mustangfan410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:51 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangfan410 View Post
It says under the "application" section that it does not fit the pony package
I know I'm trying to see what's different and why it doesn't fit.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:49 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Any update?
Ranger052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:03 AM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

I sent an email to AM and they said it does not fit. I was told that the PP has a slightly different shape to the grille. He also told me you might be able to get it to work with some "customization" but couldnt say for sure. Im not taking a chance hacking up my grille for this. Ill wait until I can find a direct fit one.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:09 AM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

You may want to check out the Roush upper and lower grills:

Roush High Flow Mustang Upper Grille 421392 (13-14 GT, V6) - Free Shipping

The Roush grill doesn't say anything about the Pony Package.
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
Old 06-03-2014, 11:07 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Hmmmm...... . I wanted that grille.
Ranger052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:17 AM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

I pm'ed Shane at AM for a second opinion. It absolutely will not fit. I thought it was a replacement grille but its actually a bolt over. So this is not an option for the PP.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:19 AM   #12
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
I pm'ed Shane at AM for a second opinion. It absolutely will not fit. I thought it was a replacement grille but its actually a bolt over. So this is not an option for the PP.
That's what I thought. Had to be the only reason. I know the Roush grills cost more, but they look better and I believe they will fit.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:16 PM   #13
JDM
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I love my Roush upper & lower.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1402190188.503150.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	659.1 KB
ID:	158794
JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:39 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
I love my Roush upper & lower.Attachment 158794

That does look nice!
blueprint87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:10 PM   #15
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
I love my Roush upper & lower.Attachment 158794
Did your Mustang have the Pony Package grill before you installed the Roush grills? If so, how was the installation?
Old 06-11-2014, 02:24 PM   #16
JDM
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I have a base model 2014 V6 with the performance pkg. It had the std. grille before it was replaced.
JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:43 AM   #17
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
I have a base model 2014 V6 with the performance pkg. It had the std. grille before it was replaced.
Yeah, there's apparently some installation issue with the Pony Package grill, that's why I asked. I'll have to check with AM if there's any issue installing the Roush grills. Thanks for the input
Old 06-12-2014, 10:53 AM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
Yeah, there's apparently some installation issue with the Pony Package grill, that's why I asked. I'll have to check with AM if there's any issue installing the Roush grills. Thanks for the input

The Roush grill will fit with no issues because you're replacing the whole grille assembly. The one I posted is a "bolt over" type. The Pony Package grill has those 2 extra pieces by the pony, so this wont allow you to bolt over it.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:14 PM   #19
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
The Roush grill will fit with no issues because you're replacing the whole grille assembly. The one I posted is a "bolt over" type. The Pony Package grill has those 2 extra pieces by the pony, so this wont allow you to bolt over it.
Got it, thanks, that's what I thought. Now, just gotta put a little cash together for the Roush upper and lower grills. Thanks for the advice

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang