2014 v6 vs 2015 v6 - pros and cons - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-02-2014, 01:16 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
2014 v6 vs 2015 v6 - pros and cons

Hi,
I just wanted to get everybody else's opinion on the new 2015 mustang. I, personally, do not like the body and I also read that the new mustangs will be 200-300 lbs heavier. Does this increase in weight offset the rated hp and torque numbers? I.e. is the 2014 v6 mustang >= 2015 v6 or 4 cyl
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2014, 01:34 PM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Rumors are just that "Rumors"

Nobody knows a darn thing about what the 2015 will weigh. This is something you will have to just wait it out to see for sure.
As far a how it looks, It sure looks like a Mustang to me. Have you seen the American Muscle actual movie of the car or are you going by the still photographs? I'm thinking it is something else you can't decide on until you see one in person.
I seem to remember how bad everybody hated the Fox Body when it was first introduced. It was soooo hated that I thought that Ford would not sell any at all. Wow, was I wrong.
I know we all love the looks of the 197's and I'm sure one day the new 2015 style will be replaced and everybody will cry because it won't be around anymore.
Only time will tell if the 2015 and future Mustangs will be loved as much as we love the old one's.
Ronnie

JUST THINK, THEY COULD HAVE DONE THIS:

Instead of This:
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Steeda has 3 pre-production samples and said they DO weigh more than the S197. So, unless they make big changes to the production model, the IRS and safety gear added that much to the car.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2014, 03:57 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
My stubborn opinion is that 2014 will be the last great year for the mustang. I know in a year or two I'll be shopping around for 13' - 14' gt instead of a new one.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:34 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygaga View Post
My stubborn opinion is that 2014 will be the last great year for the mustang. I know in a year or two I'll be shopping around for 13' - 14' gt instead of a new one.
me and some friends were just discussing the same thing. I think once it is all said and done, and i can afford to move up to the GT/ Shelby, i will be investing in the 13-14 body style.
2014 Oxford tri-pedal 3.7L- Airaid CAI, BBK 73mm TB, MGW Shifter, DSS Driveshaft, Whiteline Bracket, BBK Shorties, Lethal O/R H-pipe with HighFlow Cats Installed, Vibrant Resonators, Pypes Axlebacks. Track Pack Wheels!
Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:47 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie View Post
me and some friends were just discussing the same thing. I think once it is all said and done, and i can afford to move up to the GT/ Shelby, i will be investing in the 13-14 body style.
Yea i hear ya man same here. Especially with the 2015 putting on somewhere around 200 lbs from the current generation. IMO the 2013 - 2014 mustang are the best looking ones to date.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:14 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

No one knows the weight for the 15's! That was a guess from steeda. I do think it will be very close to current weight, maybe 50 pounds either way

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:29 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Guess? Steeda has 3 mustangs. As far as their measurements go, that is fact for pre-production models.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:35 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
Guess? Steeda has 3 mustangs. As far as their measurements go, that is fact for pre-production models.
They haven't actually weighed them. They replied to several articles saying that was a guess and they haven't actually weighed them, but based on PREVIOUS mustang IRS, they GUESS it will be 2-300 pounds

Whatever though, if I was in the market for a car now, I wouldn't even consider a 15.

2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:37 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

There have been multiple sources coming out saying they are 150-250 lbs heavier not just steeda... maybe steeda is just saying it was a guess to cover it up.

Edit: plus I doubt steeda would start design for all their aftermarket parts based on a "guessed" weight. It's a pretty important factor to take into consideration. I'm sure they have the resources to weigh the car.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:39 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygaga View Post
There have been multiple sources coming out saying they are 150-250 lbs heavier not just steeda... maybe steeda is just saying it was a guess to cover it up.
Most of those sources cite steeda...

Old 06-02-2014, 09:47 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Well let's just hope you are right and its only 50lbs.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:29 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
I also subscribe as to the significant looks and retro touches made to the last run of the S197 , only made for two years with that Shelby inspire front treatment and that well executed rear panel. The 15 is IMO , a Korean looking GT aimed for the populous and a bit generic .
Old 06-03-2014, 07:38 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie View Post

+1
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:08 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
As it's already been said at this point it's pure speculation as official numbers have not been released. Regardless of which is faster shouldn't matter as both with have +\-s and the performance will be extremely similar (~305 hp for the 4 and 6 Cylinders).

One thing to consider now before the 15s come out is if you can live with a 14 and not having the "newest" body style ford is offering amazing deals on the 14s. My out the door price was close to 20% off of msrp which basically eliminated the new car depreciation as I see used 2013s selling for close to what I paid for my 14.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:25 AM   #16
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Your right on the 2014 deals

I just had a shot at trading my 2012 V6 for a 2014 GT for $10,000 out the door difference. A truly great deal. I got my title and started up to my dealer and thought about it. I could not do it after driving my Red Ryder that I like so much. $5,000 a cylinder for What? I know, Later model with everything I have but with Brembo Brakes. I have to tell you, I turned around, Drove back home, Put my title away and kissed my Mustang for even thinking about trading him in. V8 is a great engine but so is the Cyclone 3.7 V6.
I love my Mustang and have to say it is way more enjoyable to own and drive then the Corvette I had for 10 years.
I'll probably still have this car in 10 more years.

Ronnie
Old 06-05-2014, 08:26 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
You mean you thought things over and didn't rush out and buy something you didn't need because others told you to? This is very rare! I've yet to see a V8 go more than 1/4 throttle and I rarely go more than 2/3 throttle on my V6. In fact I'm almost never over half throttle. Every time I floor it I have to slam on the brakes because I wont risk a Reckless Driving ticket.
chitownpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:45 AM   #18
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

It's not that

I do like a lot of power when I need or want it. The Cyclone 3.7 does provide more then you will ever need. Of course the V8 will scare you. It is great that Ford also provides it for those who want or need it.
I think most of the guy's or girl's on our forum have not driven a late model V6 or they would know it is no slouch when it comes to performance. Nothing like the V8 but still no slouch.
I love driving my Mustang, I also love just looking at it. I just don't need to have a V8 with my driving. I can do 85/90 all day long on the interstate keeping up with the little jap cars. ( That sometimes pass me) Ha ! Ha !.
If I was still into Tracking or Auto X-ing I would probably go for a V8 even though a guy down here with a 3.7 V6 2013 Mustang seems to be tearing it up auto X-ing. I don't know what mod's he has or any details but will try to go to the next event to see what he has.

http://www.stangtv.com/news/cyclone-...with-v6-power/

Ronnie
Old 06-05-2014, 09:05 AM   #19
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

RE-Cap from "STEEDA" about 2015 weight

They admit they may have mis-informed about the weight gain on the 2015 Mustangs

http://www.stangtv.com/news/steeda-s...m-we-estimated

Like they said at the end. Nobody except FORD knows much about thi 2015 Mustangs. { I think I said that too )

Ronnie
Old 06-05-2014, 10:28 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I've only owned mustangs my whole life and on top of that V6.. I've always wanted a V8 until my recent purchase.. My 2014 V6 P has amazing styling and the perfect amount of power and fuel efficiency.. I am also never trading this car..
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang