Dallas area shops that install vinyl stripes - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-03-2014, 11:02 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Dallas area shops that install vinyl stripes

If you are from the Dallas area and you know of a place that installs vinyl racing stripes let me know... I can buy them from AM (gt500 style metallic) just need them professionally installed. Also share your thoughts on getting vinyl stripes will they deteriorate? If I remove them will it permanently dull the paint? Thoughts?
Bama Performance Tune
Raxiom LED licence plate bulbs
Black GT500 style spoiler
Will2329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2014, 11:46 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I installed my own gt500 stripes and rocker panels.. It's not to hard just the tail light.. Bumpers weren't to bad either..
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1401943232.468296.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	361.4 KB
ID:	158612Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1401943259.531527.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	387.9 KB
ID:	158613

If you look for someone to install your looking at prices between 150-250$ I live in Harlingen, Tx and those we're the quotes they gave me.. And don't even go to ford lol they were like 400$ if your gonna blow that much cash buy two sets of stripes lol and learn on the first set and pro by the second.. If your near my area I'm down to help..

Oh and AM gives you a lot of extra stripe.. Or at least I have a lot of extra... But all in all I like my stripes Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1401943564.334223.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	352.2 KB
ID:	158614
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:53 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will2329 View Post
If you are from the Dallas area and you know of a place that installs vinyl racing stripes let me know... I can buy them from AM (gt500 style metallic) just need them professionally installed. Also share your thoughts on getting vinyl stripes will they deteriorate? If I remove them will it permanently dull the paint? Thoughts?

Sorry dude didn't even answer ur other questions lol!! AM uses 3M vinyls and they are too quality. My stripes have been on for 2-3 months and so far they are still perfect.. I've removed other vinyls and they do not damage the paint.. If anything the paint is protected..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2014, 12:26 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylg86 View Post
I installed my own gt500 stripes and rocker panels.. It's not to hard just the tail light.. Bumpers weren't to bad either..
Attachment 158612Attachment 158613

If you look for someone to install your looking at prices between 150-250$ I live in Harlingen, Tx and those we're the quotes they gave me.. And don't even go to ford lol they were like 400$ if your gonna blow that much cash buy two sets of stripes lol and learn on the first set and pro by the second.. If your near my area I'm down to help..

Oh and AM gives you a lot of extra stripe.. Or at least I have a lot of extra... But all in all I like my stripes Attachment 158614

Your car looks very nice! My car is the same color/body and that's exactly how I want mine to look. Can you put the link from AM on here of the exact stripes you bought? You are over 400 miles away from me lol so I'll probably be calling some local shops.
Bama Performance Tune
Old 06-05-2014, 10:15 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1401980949.707843.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	295.9 KB
ID:	158625

It wouldn't let me copy link cause I'm on mobile and the link never changed but it's easy. Go to American Muscle look for exterior styling, then racing stripes, and then look for the GT500 10inch. stripes gloss black.. NOT the Matt black.. The gloss matches the black I have on my spoiler and rear view mirrors.. You can do Matte black but it's not as shiny.. When you get them installed make sure you tell the people to not run the squeegee over the stripes with out having something over the strip because they will scratch the stripe.. I learned the hard way lol so I took it off and re did it.. If you end up doing it your self let me know I'll give you some tips to make it super easy.. Good luck bro!
Old 06-09-2014, 09:08 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Attachment 158625

It wouldn't let me copy link cause I'm on mobile and the link never changed but it's easy. Go to American Muscle look for exterior styling, then racing stripes, and then look for the GT500 10inch. stripes gloss black.. NOT the Matt black.. The gloss matches the black I have on my spoiler and rear view mirrors.. You can do Matte black but it's not as shiny.. When you get them installed make sure you tell the people to not run the squeegee over the stripes with out having something over the strip because they will scratch the stripe.. I learned the hard way lol so I took it off and re did it.. If you end up doing it your self let me know I'll give you some tips to make it super easy.. Good luck bro!

Hey can you take a picture of the back of your mustang? I have finally found a good shop to install.
Bama Performance Tune
Old 06-09-2014, 09:17 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

What was the quote amount?

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1402366643.266546.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	311.4 KB
ID:	158957

Hope this helps! If you need any info hit me up.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:25 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Dallas area shops that install vinyl stripes

I was at a car show this weekend and this guy gave me the number to the place that did his. So I will call tomorrow and get the quote.. Couple more questions though, I have the same front license plate frame as you, and I was wondering if these stripes would cover up the two holes that the dealer drilled? Also idk how long you have had these on your car but have you noticed anything negative? Do you still wash your car the same?

*never mind I thought you had a front plate?. Did you have one when you bought the car?
Bama Performance Tune
Old 06-09-2014, 09:42 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will2329 View Post
I was at a car show this weekend and this guy gave me the number to the place that did his. So I will call tomorrow and get the quote.. Couple more questions though, I have the same front license plate frame as you, and I was wondering if these stripes would cover up the two holes that the dealer drilled? Also idk how long you have had these on your car but have you noticed anything negative? Do you still wash your car the same?

*never mind I thought you had a front plate?. Did you have one when you bought the car?

I do have a front plate, I just remove it for shows and pics.. And yea the strip will go over the holes but the indentation of the holes will be visible so once you put the stripes it's best to poke the holes for the screws for license plate. The stripes are very strong they are holding up really strong but if you wash your car or run anything over the stripes that is rough it will scratch the stripes.. I clean my car normally I just don't put a lot of power washing the edges of the stripes but they are stuck down pretty good. I have had them for a couple months now and the quality is still holding strong.. You don't have to worry about hurting the stripes while washing but just don't be all hulk with them. Lol

One negative thing is wash any bird droppings or instructs off of the stripes because if left over night or in the sun they will leave a mark on the stripes that will be hard to remove.. Won't be easily visible but I am OCD and love perfection
Old 06-09-2014, 09:47 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Oh forgot.. The stripes get dirty really easily so buy a micro fiber cloth that will be used specifically for the stripes.. So you can wipe them down.. They collect dust easily.. And I use a leather dry towel to wash them when they dirty with insects or w.e.. Oh and don't wax stripes they fade faster..

One last thing.. These vinyls don't last for long periods of time I would highly recommend you use excess strip and become familiar on applying it.. So down the road you can avoid installment fees and do it yourself.. It's actually a lot of fun.. And pretty easy
Old 06-09-2014, 10:51 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh forgot.. The stripes get dirty really easily so buy a micro fiber cloth that will be used specifically for the stripes.. So you can wipe them down.. They collect dust easily.. And I use a leather dry towel to wash them when they dirty with insects or w.e.. Oh and don't wax stripes they fade faster..

One last thing.. These vinyls don't last for long periods of time I would highly recommend you use excess strip and become familiar on applying it.. So down the road you can avoid installment fees and do it yourself.. It's actually a lot of fun.. And pretty easy

How long before replacing if taken care of?
Bama Performance Tune
Old 06-09-2014, 10:55 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I am sure after 1-2 years you may see some discoloration or just your everyday wear and tear.. I know I will I wash my car like twice a week lol I like keeping my baby clean.. Your gonna have excess stripe you might as well have some fun and make some hash markers and see how you ca. Put them on if they come out bad just remove it's super easy and it won't hurt the paint.. I've done a good amount of striping and the paints still good
Old 06-10-2014, 08:38 AM   #13
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Try a Window Tinting shop

I know here in Daytona there are a few Window tinting places that install vinyl stuff on cars. Just be sure they do have a good reputation for doing quality work.
They may charge a little more but you get what you pay for.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang