New 2014 Mustang V6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-06-2014, 11:46 AM   #1

Region: New York
New 2014 Mustang V6

Hi guys.

I'm new to the Mustang Evolution community and just bought my new mustang. Completely in love with it and owning a true piece of American machinery.

I am wondering what types of initial upgrades I should make appearance and performance-wise?

I liked the MMD classic window louvers from AM and thought about buying the "3.7" fender emblems or the Pony & Tri-bar logo to give it a more retro look.

Thank you all for your time!

-Nick
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1402073148.785710.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	790.5 KB
ID:	158687
ligonnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2014, 11:54 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
As everyone would agree with me, welcome to the addiction Nick! I bought my first one a year ago and my list of items I want for it grow each day, lol. I myself am focusing more on appearance mods first since certain performance mods may void warranty. I personally started with these following mods in order from 35% and 20% window tint, axle back exhaust, billet grilles, taillight trim, blacked out all side marker and third brake lights, upgraded the interior map lights and license plate lights. Long story short American Muscle is my new best friend. Welcome and keep us updated on your mods, looking forward to seeing more pics.
rringler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:11 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Welcome to the poor house!!

I have a 14 as well. So far Ive done Mac axle back, MMD louvers, GT500 spoiler,Eibach Pro Kit, 20" Niche wheels with Nitto 555's, new stereo and speakers and my next project is cross drilled and slotted rotors.

Its all up to you what you want to do. Some care more about power and some about looks. Im more about looks. I have a 85,000 mile warranty so I dont really want to jeopardize that so my go fast goodies will be a minimum. There is a lot you can do and unless youre rich do one thing at a time until you get where you want it to be.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2014, 12:50 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ligonnp View Post
Hi guys.

I'm new to the Mustang Evolution community and just bought my new mustang. Completely in love with it and owning a true piece of American machinery.

I am wondering what types of initial upgrades I should make appearance and performance-wise?

I liked the MMD classic window louvers from AM and thought about buying the "3.7" fender emblems or the Pony & Tri-bar logo to give it a more retro look.

-Nick
Attachment 158687
Welcome and grats on the new stang!
Looking at your car my first mod would be a GT500 rear spoiler, that will drastically change the look of your car for the better.
Second I would go with an axleback exhaust to make your car sound as mean as it would look with that spoiler.
Plastidip those rims black, get some tints and you have an awesome looking and sounding black on blue stang for under $1,000, and what will feel and look like a totally different monster to you.
If your budget is a little larger, grab a tuner (voids warranty), headers, and an x pipe for some big power boost.
Another great mod (my personal favorite) is a strut tower brace. Cheap, easy, and your car handles 1000000x better than before
Old 06-06-2014, 01:00 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Nice looking car it's looks familiar and welcome to the forum. If your car is a manual by a Barton shifter bracket before your second tank of gas. This is from personal experience. Cheap easy mod and will keep you away from the mt82 shifting problem threads searching for answers
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:29 PM   #6

Thank you all for welcoming me and offering your advice. I really appreciate it and I can tell that I'm going to love being a part of this group!!

Can't wait to get started. My first order to American Muscle is in!
Old 06-06-2014, 01:56 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

What did you buy from am?
Old 06-06-2014, 01:58 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygaga View Post
What did you buy from am?

+1

What did you get?
Old 06-06-2014, 02:02 PM   #9

I just started with the Classic MMD Window louvers and the Tri-bar pony fender emblems.

Next I'll do the trims for the brake lights and side marker.

I really want fog lights but don't know if I should go with the GT style or lower valence like on the pony package.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Nice start. I wanted to add the window louvers but was afraid if visibility issues. Let me know how they are. I will be adding fog lights soon myself. I'm def leaning on the lower valance ones from Raxiom on AM.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:28 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rringler View Post
Nice start. I wanted to add the window louvers but was afraid if visibility issues. Let me know how they are. I will be adding fog lights soon myself. I'm def leaning on the lower valance ones from Raxiom on AM.
Your best bet for louvers if you are concerned with visibility are the ones that replace your quarter windows altogether. Meaning that you actually remove the glass and replace it with the louvers. This set is angled perfectly to where you can see out the passenger side rear quarter window from the drivers seat, I've heard. (pic at bottom)

Also, to the OP, another great and very cheap appearance mod you can do that will make your car look much more aggressive is to black out the chrome on your grille with plastidip. Also blacking out the badge on the back of your car makes a big difference. I did both of these. All in all it cost me 10 dollars and about an hour and a half.

Old 06-06-2014, 02:38 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Hey mike,

I'll look into those louvers, haven't seem those ones before. Question for you...
How did you black out the front grill surround? I already installed a black billet grill but still have that chrome surround. Should I take everything apart again to plasti-dip it or just tape off the grill and bumper around it?
Old 06-07-2014, 01:00 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
To the OP, turn into a post whore until you get 50 posts, then contact Dan or 1 of the other American Muscle people that post on here and it saves you 6% on your stuff from American Muscle.
I myself don't like the Grille mounted Fog lights, so I say go with the Starkey Kit for the bumper, comes with the OEM Fog Lights, OEM Switch (Also Gives your car Auto Lamps) and the complete wiring harness with instructions. Mustang OEM Style Fog Light Kit – Fits V6 and Boss 302 (2013-2014) - Starkey Products
They also have the Grille Fog Light setup that comes with the GT Grille.
You also need to find out what your dealer is cool with with performance upgrades, none that I have done have voided my warranty with the dealer I go to is why I said to find out.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:03 PM   #14

Thanks for the advice. Like you, I much prefer the lower fog lights over the GT style. I won't try doing much performance-wise this early on. Just work on appearance things.

Hopefully I'll find a regional MCA chapter when I move for grad school in August and get some help with it.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:44 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Welcome! Nice looking stang!!!! That's a good looking mustang!! This was my mod experience lol..

Tint -> pype bomb axel back -> bbk intake -> bama tuner -> bbk short headers -> removed pype bombs lol!! -> replaced with borla stinger cat back and I am one happy camper.. If I could do it again I wouldn't change a thing.. 9k miles on my car and I am doing what makes me happy with my car not what ford recommends me to do lol enjoy your car buddy!
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:25 PM   #16
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Hi guys.

-Nick
Attachment 158687
Congratulations on your new Mustang! Welcome to the Forum. You're going to meet a lot of great people and find a ton of awesome reads on this forum. Get out there and enjoy it!

I think you're on the right track. The MMD louvers are going to look great on your Mustang. I would recommend throwing a set of Raxiom headlights/taillights and a nice set of lowering springs as well! That will give your Mustang a really aggressive look and stance.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future. We'll gladly help you out!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 03:48 PM   #17

Thanks guys. It's a great group and I love the community already. Hoping that my louvers come tomorrow. Bought the led interior dome light conversion too.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:42 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I just joined and within the first minute of poking around, I found the auto headlight mod. Ordered the switch from Amazon right away. Good luck and great color stang!

2008 Roush 427R
2014 V6 Prem
rmb427r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:45 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb427r View Post
I just joined and within the first minute of poking around, I found the auto headlight mod. Ordered the switch from Amazon right away. Good luck and great color stang!

Welcome! I would have never known about the Auto switch either without these great people on this great forum. Fast, easy and cheap mod. I love mine.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:09 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by rringler View Post
Welcome! I would have never known about the Auto switch either without these great people on this great forum. Fast, easy and cheap mod. I love mine.
+1 I read the same thread and ordered mine from ebay. Now my car is one step above the base model. Lol
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:36 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I have only had my 2014 v6 for 3 months but I have magnaflow competition axle backs, bbk tb, airaid cai, bama tunes, and 3.73 gears. Now for ur first mods I would go with 3.73 gears and a tuner. Those 2 r the beat mods in my opinion and I'm sure some would agree

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 06-14-2014, 11:24 AM   #22

I just put on the quarter window louvers and added the pony emblem. Also swapped out the dome lights for LEDs.

Only mishap installing the louvers was that it's really windy and it took one side (still in package) into the road. It has a nick in the paint less than half the size of a dime. Do you think the Ford dealership can easily paint/fix this?
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1402762992.070306.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	912.1 KB
ID:	159235
Old 06-15-2014, 07:31 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow14 View Post
+1 I read the same thread and ordered mine from ebay. Now my car is one step above the base model. Lol

My base came with auto lights? From canada tho ehhh lol
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:35 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hi guys.

-Nick
Attachment 158687

Niiiice!! Deep impact blue is my fav by far! I suggest gettin a spoiler! Put one on mine a few weeks ago and i love it! Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1402835752.308228.jpg
Views:	776
Size:	808.1 KB
ID:	159288 black spoiler, blacked out emblem, and smoked brakelight tint. DO IT
Old 06-15-2014, 08:23 AM   #25

I like that spoiler! Deep Impact blue is definitely my favorite color
Old 06-15-2014, 03:54 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I like that spoiler! Deep Impact blue is definitely my favorite color

Its the rear oe spoiler from AM
Old 06-16-2014, 09:17 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

That's a good plan. Nothing wrong with starting with appearance mods.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
texaskilowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:21 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

The exhaust tips are an amazing upgrade no matter what you choose over the stock tips. Your Mustang is always more visible from behind.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
texaskilowatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
2014 mustang