HORRIBLE dealership experience - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-09-2014, 05:18 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
HORRIBLE dealership experience

So I just got from my Ford dealership (Hempstead Ford-Lincoln on Long Island, NY). I have to say I have never been more frustrated and disappointed in a service place.
I love my Mustang more than anything in this world, and it received horrible treatment.
I have been experiencing a thump from behind randomly when I drive. It feels like I get rear ended the force is so strong. I have no idea what the cause is. I have brought it in 4 times over less than 2 years and everytime they say that they test drove it and did not experience the thump. The last time they kept it for an entire week and asked for permission to drive it throughout the week. I said yes, hoping this would finally solve the problem.
1 week later, I pick my car up. They said they did not experience any thump. They also replaced the rear sway bar since it had been squeaking. Furious that I was being given the go-'round once again, I drove home. When I pulled into the driveway I saw something shiny on the edge of my hood. When I looked closer there were 2 small gouges in the paint all the way down to the metal. Upon further inspection I also had 10-15 chips across my entire bumper. It seemed they drove my car through a construction zone or gravel and chipped up my entire bumper and even 2 chips to my hood. I have never been more mad in my life. I understand that I gave them permission to drive it, but the fact that my car was in this condition was inexcusable. They said there was nothing they could do since I couldn't prove that they did it to my car. I know for a fact that they did it since I wash my car 2-3 times a week and know every inch of it. It was not there when I dropped it off. The fact that they didn't have the courtesy and tell me, and denied blame for this is ridiculous. What happened to the customer is always right? They also stripped 2 of my lug nuts on my rear right wheel so badly I could not even get a socket on it.
I love my mustang. It is my baby. I know many of you who read this would be outraged if this was your car it happened to. The dealership head who I met with today said that there was nothing they could do about it since it could not be proven that they did it, but said they would replace the lug nuts. I understand that it cannot be proven that they did it, but this shouldn't have happened in the first place. If it did, they should have said something/fixed it.
If you live on Long Island, BEWARE this dealership. I am not one to complain or cause a fuss but when it comes to my 'stang I am like a momma bear protecting her cub. DO NOT use this dealership and if you know anyone that does, inform them before their car is mishandled or hurt.
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2014, 05:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
so sorry to hear of this. i've experienced similar happenings, and it just makes you sick...

Past: 13 V6, 11 MCA V6, 89 GT, 88 GT, 04 V6
13BKV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:34 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
This does suck. The Ford dealer I use always does an inspection with me and the service writer, even for a car wash. They've had multiple issues like this and were even sued once. Maybe you should start asking for this. It protects both of you. I know I really like it.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2014, 05:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
This does suck. The Ford dealer I use always does an inspection with me and the service writer, even for a car wash. They've had multiple issues like this and were even sued once. Maybe you should start asking for this. It protects both of you. I know I really like it.
They did that before they took it and reported no scratches or gouges, but they said because I gave them permission to test drive it to see if they could feel the thumping issue it's not their fault if rocks came up off the road and caused the marks.....
Old 06-09-2014, 05:44 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

So what if some one pulled out in front of them on a test drive? Thats not their fault either, but they were driving the car. Thats some BS right there!!
Old 06-09-2014, 05:47 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13BKV6 View Post
so sorry to hear of this. i've experienced similar happenings, and it just makes you sick...
I just don't get how you can do that to a CUSTOMER'S car and not even have it touched up or notify them and offer to pay for the cost. It is a small amount of money that I am able to pay but what upsets me is the shady attempt to hide it and refuse to acknowledge fault. Spend the $50-$100, fix it, and continue having my business. I understand things happen. Try to put one over on me, and lose my business and Ford's warranty money while I take it somewhere else.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:49 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So what if some one pulled out in front of them on a test drive? Thats not their fault either, but they were driving the car. Thats some BS right there!!
I brought this point up to them and they said that insurance would cover a collision or accident but since they are just dings and scratches and I cannot PROVE that they did it and not me, then it is not their fault.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:52 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Have you considered driving it thru their front door?
Old 06-09-2014, 05:58 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Have you considered driving it thru their front door?
I've considered taking the 2000 Crown Vic in my backyard and running it through their showroom. The best part was after all this the guy told me any mod's and they will void my warranty since I had "aftermarket wheels" on them. They are GT wheels plastidipped with SR center caps. What a dumba**. At least know what you're talking about before trying to threaten someone with a voided warranty, after you mess up their car and deny any wrongdoing.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:02 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I've considered taking the 2000 Crown Vic in my backyard and running it through their showroom. The best part was after all this the guy told me any mod's and they will void my warranty since I had "aftermarket wheels" on them. They are GT wheels plastidipped with SR center caps. What a dumba**. At least know what you're talking about before trying to threaten someone with a voided warranty, after you mess up their car and deny any wrongdoing.

LOL... lets not joke about this any more...

Ive said it before and Ill say it again, all dealers want to do is void the warranty, for any reason. I was having an issue and I mentioned to the service writer I plugged my code reader in, you should have seen his face. He started questioning what kind it was and how I did it? It was crazy.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:24 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
So I just got from my Ford dealership (Hempstead Ford-Lincoln on Long Island, NY). I have to say I have never been more frustrated and disappointed in a service place.
I love my Mustang more than anything in this world, and it received horrible treatment.
I have been experiencing a thump from behind randomly when I drive. It feels like I get rear ended the force is so strong. I have no idea what the cause is. I have brought it in 4 times over less than 2 years and everytime they say that they test drove it and did not experience the thump. The last time they kept it for an entire week and asked for permission to drive it throughout the week. I said yes, hoping this would finally solve the problem.
1 week later, I pick my car up. They said they did not experience any thump. They also replaced the rear sway bar since it had been squeaking. Furious that I was being given the go-'round once again, I drove home. When I pulled into the driveway I saw something shiny on the edge of my hood. When I looked closer there were 2 small gouges in the paint all the way down to the metal. Upon further inspection I also had 10-15 chips across my entire bumper. It seemed they drove my car through a construction zone or gravel and chipped up my entire bumper and even 2 chips to my hood. I have never been more mad in my life. I understand that I gave them permission to drive it, but the fact that my car was in this condition was inexcusable. They said there was nothing they could do since I couldn't prove that they did it to my car. I know for a fact that they did it since I wash my car 2-3 times a week and know every inch of it. It was not there when I dropped it off. The fact that they didn't have the courtesy and tell me, and denied blame for this is ridiculous. What happened to the customer is always right? They also stripped 2 of my lug nuts on my rear right wheel so badly I could not even get a socket on it.
I love my mustang. It is my baby. I know many of you who read this would be outraged if this was your car it happened to. The dealership head who I met with today said that there was nothing they could do about it since it could not be proven that they did it, but said they would replace the lug nuts. I understand that it cannot be proven that they did it, but this shouldn't have happened in the first place. If it did, they should have said something/fixed it.
If you live on Long Island, BEWARE this dealership. I am not one to complain or cause a fuss but when it comes to my 'stang I am like a momma bear protecting her cub. DO NOT use this dealership and if you know anyone that does, inform them before their car is mishandled or hurt.
I'd call the dealership and get both the service manager and managers names if you already don't have them, calmly. Then I'd get on the phone with ford U.S.A immediately and explain what has happened! There is now way you should get the cold shoulder like that. As for the thud have you gone with them to try and replicate the sound? Intermittent noises can be hard to replicate and the dealer should have asked you to drive the car while one of their techs went with you. That's the first thing my dealer asks while on the phone with me, because they know without the driver to help in the car, it can be like finding a needle in a hay stack. Good luck, I feel for you, I'd be soooooo pissed also!!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:31 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
I'd call the dealership and get both the service manager and managers names if you already don't have them, calmly. Then I'd get on the phone with ford U.S.A immediately and explain what has happened! There is now way you should get the cold shoulder like that. As for the thud have you gone with them to try and replicate the sound? Intermittent noises can be hard to replicate and the dealer should have asked you to drive the car while one of their techs went with you. That's the first thing my dealer asks while on the phone with me, because they know without the driver to help in the car, it can be like finding a needle in a hay stack. Good luck, I feel for you, I'd be soooooo pissed also!!!!!

I will try calling them tomorrow. The problem is that the bumper/hood marks and scratches happened back in March, so I'm not sure if I called Ford now to complain that they would do anything about it. The manager was not rude or anything, just stated that because we couldn't prove they did it he wouldn't do anything about it, and even if they did do it apparently they're not responsible since we gave them consent to drive it.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:00 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Well they can't void your car's entire warranty cause of different rims.

What kinda business threatens their customers?

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:05 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I will try calling them tomorrow. The problem is that the bumper/hood marks and scratches happened back in March, so I'm not sure if I called Ford now to complain that they would do anything about it. The manager was not rude or anything, just stated that because we couldn't prove they did it he wouldn't do anything about it, and even if they did do it apparently they're not responsible since we gave them consent to drive it.
You didn't mention that it happened 3 months ago, yeah that will be next to impossible to prove.

Old 06-09-2014, 07:06 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf stang View Post
Well they can't void your car's entire warranty cause of different rims.

What kinda business threatens their customers?
He was trying to imply that since I had different rims I had aftermarket work done to my engine. He asked what was on the car and I said an axleback exhaust, doesn't have anything to do with the engine or warranty. He said that it could possibly void the warranty because of a different amount of air being pulled from the engine could cause warranty voiding issues or some BS. I looked at him and said you can't be serious and laughed.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:08 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You didn't mention that it happened 3 months ago, yeah that will be next to impossible to prove.

I informed them about it the same day it happened literally when they gave me the car back and they said they wouldn't do anything about it/it wasn't their fault/they weren't liable. I brought it up again to the manager when I met with him to discuss my issues.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:31 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Well looks to me like your car should be going through the dealers front window! k maybe not your car. Lol. And he was really giving you a hard time about axelbacks? Its so time to change dealers! That totally sucks bro!

Old 06-09-2014, 07:41 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well looks to me like your car should be going through the dealers front window! k maybe not your car. Lol. And he was really giving you a hard time about axelbacks? Its so time to change dealers! That totally sucks bro!

Yep. I said what happens when the thumping is still happening when my warranty is almost up and he said well if we can't feel it you should get an extended warranty. I will go to a different dealer and get the part replaced instead. He said well you have 27,000 miles your warranty is up at 36,000 you should get an extended warranty in the next 6 months. I informed him that I have a 5 year, 60,000 mile warranty. How does he not even know how long a mustang's warranty is? As a manager? Ridiculous.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:55 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Im getting angry just reading this! Hang in there man itll all work out. If take pics and right some nasty reviews on the site.
WipeYourEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:55 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
HORRIBLE dealership experience

I hate to be "that guy", but NEVER leave the lot of a dealership without inspecting your car. Once you drive off your case becomes extremely hard to prove. Either way, I would try talking to someone who is a manager/owner to see if you can work something out. Hope everything works out for you!

Airraid CAI | BBK Ceramic Shorty Headers | BBK Catted X-Pipe | Ford Racing Sport Axlebacks | GT/CS Spoiler | Black GT500 Stripes
ToP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:24 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I live in miller place on long island. I'll make sure to take my business, when I make my upgrade, elsewhere.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:33 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Man I would be so mad!! I know how you feel tho bro.. My car is my baby lol.. I get mad when people even lean on it lol.. But I have been having problems with my dealership.. They know I modded my car with short headers and tune.. And they said warranty will probably be voided.. And to be honest I could care less.. I bought my car to enjoy it.. But I'm worried taking it in for service like oil change and they do something to my car.. So that I pretty much have to come back and my warranty will be out and they make money... I honestly plan on taking pictures under the hood.. Just to see if they mess with anything.. I'm worried now lol..
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:01 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yep. I said what happens when the thumping is still happening when my warranty is almost up and he said well if we can't feel it you should get an extended warranty. I will go to a different dealer and get the part replaced instead. He said well you have 27,000 miles your warranty is up at 36,000 you should get an extended warranty in the next 6 months. I informed him that I have a 5 year, 60,000 mile warranty. How does he not even know how long a mustang's warranty is? As a manager? Ridiculous.

I'm not sure when you got your car, but Ford's warranty is a 3 year, 36,000 mile warranty. For anyone on here, NEVER buy an extended warranty, they are absolutely useless. My brother was a car salesman, and he told me extended warranties are just scams to make the dealership money.

As far as your situation, it really does suck. I hate dealing with dealerships, and especially the service department. Unfortunately there is probably nothing you can do, unless you get a reasonably manager that can authorize something. Next time, take a time/date stamped picture of your car before you leave it at the dealership, and again immediately after, preferably with someone from the service department in the picture. There's your proof.
blp12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:18 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Bumper to bumper is 3 years/36K. Ford's power train warranty is 5 years, and I think 50K miles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:23 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1402370579.039662.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	158960

From my window sticker..
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:26 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylg86 View Post
Attachment 158960

From my window sticker..

That's correct. That's the standard factory warranty.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:58 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
When I bought my mustang last month(brand new), the salesmen went to get it detailed and washed while I finished the paperwork. When he brought it back, I walked around it and the detailers managed to put a deep 3-4inch scratch on the front side of the door.

after I pointed it out, they touched it up. But basically, it's still noticeable and I had a scratch on my car before I even took it home lol.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:36 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Bumper to bumper is 3 years/36K. Ford's power train warranty is 5 years, and I think 50K miles.

Well you learn something new every day. Thank you.
blp12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:53 AM   #29
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
This...

I don't know of any dealership where the service advisor does not perform a walk around with you prior to taking the car in for service.

As to getting the thump fixed, you should try another dealership. It does sound as if they made attempts to locate the source of the thump, but could not for whatever reason. It stinks though that they messed up the paint in the process.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:56 AM   #30
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post

If it's bought used, and the dealer does the "certified pre owned" certification, you net a 100K drivetrain warranty.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:10 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Never let a dealership wash your car or do anything that requires them to touch it more than necessary. A dealer cannot treat every car like a museum piece, they just do not have the time. Stuff happens. Get the thump documented on your paperwork so it will be there in the future. If extended warranties were a good idea and saved the customers money dealerships would not sell them.
chitownpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:32 AM   #32
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

It sounds like a certain Chevy dealer in my town

We have a Chevy dealer that is sooooo bad I traded my Corvette for a Mini Cooper to get away from them. I was charged $1,600 to fix a power window. I even told them when I brought it in to check to see if the cable was off the pulley. The first thing they did was replace the control box. Then a switch, Then they finally removed the drivers side panel which was the side that would not go up or down and found the stretched cable and mechanism needed to be replaced. They would not put the original control panel back in but said it was electrical and I had to pay for it. The control panel was on the passenger side.

Before that it was $126.00 to replace an oil sending unit. ( Under the intake manifold)

When the Air Conditioning started leaking under the dash they quoted $3,500 or maybe more to fix that. I went to another Chevy Dealer in Orlando and they quoted me the same thing so they were off the hook.

I stopped by the Mini dealer and they just got in the first 2009 John Cooper Works Mini and I bought it on the spot. Never again a Chevy anything for me. All of their dealers suck.

My Ford dealer is also a Roush dealer as well as a performance shop. I have not had any warranty problems with my Mustang but I do get my Oil changes and tire rotations there. I ask for the same guy and they get him to service my car every time. I have never ever heard anyone say anything but good things about this Daytona Ford dealer. Ford dealer is at the Daytona Auto Mall. ( I don't know if I can say the name on this forum)
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:37 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
12 months 12k on wearable items, 3 year 36k on bumper to bumper, 5 year 60k on full powertrain
G3ARH3AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:13 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
OP Sent you a PM.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
tthompson79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang