2014 v6 regrets anyone? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-14-2014, 11:59 AM   #36
Registered Member
Region: Illinois
That is a dam cute dog. Just sayin'.

chitownpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 12:49 AM   #37
Registered Member
Region: Massachusetts
Corgi's are awesome. Mine will hear me coming down the road and be in the window waiting

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1403419717602.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	159788  

tthompson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:08 AM   #38
Registered Member
Region: Canada
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
My sales guy at my dealer called me and asked if I wanted a GT the same color as my V6 2012 auto. It was a 2014 auto premium with brembo brakes. I could have had it for $10,000 out the door. I took out my title, got in my Mustang and started driving to my dealers. I got on I-95 and thought about any benefits for me to be spending ten grand when I have a car I love sooooo much. I turned around and drove home. I put my title back in the fire proof box and went to the garage and kissed my Mustang.
It was an excellent deal I was offered but when I thought about spending $5,000 a cylinder I decided to keep the Mustang I love.
I'm probably stupid for not going up two years and getting the Brembo brakes but I don't track or auto-X and only drag raced my car once, I just could not justify spending that money for a car that will cost me more in insurance and less MPG, Plus I would have to start mod's all over again.
NO, I do not regret having a 3.7 V6 Cyclone powered Mustang.
I fell in love with my Mustang the first time I seen it. ( I was looking for a Focus ) I was walking through the dealers lot and it was sitting by its self and just looked so good. A rainy day and the rain made it look perfect.I made a deal and drove my RED RYDER home. My car won at the American Muscle Show in Media Pa. ($100.00 gift certificate.) It also won two peoples choice awards at shows in Orlando Florida. Nobody has ever asked me if my car was a V6.
I not only belong to a Mustang club but also belong to a Muscle car club with my car.
I have had a great time driving and enjoying my Mustang and won't even think of anything else for a very long time.

Me, My best friend "Mario" & My Mustang at the American Muscle all Mustang show
I drove up from Daytona to Media with my dog Mario. Car had about 200 miles on it when we left and about 2,500 when we got home

Mario loves my Mustang as much as I do.
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:52 AM   #39
Registered Member
Region: Arizona
I do not have one regret on my 2014 V-6. It had the packages that I really wanted, the 6 speed manual, and most importantly the color I fell in love with. My first three Mustangs were all V-8's. The first one was a '67 Fastback with a 289 4V, never got it back on the road. My car from my Senior year in High School till my daughter was born was a '66 Fastback 289 4V 4 speed. I loved that car...I had a '95 GT Convertible for a few years. The two 289's were supposedly 225 HP from the factory. Of course that was using the old school way of figuring out the HP. The '66 was modified quite a bit over the years so it was most likely pushing 300 HP by the time I was done. The '95 was something like 210 HP.

The 2014 with the 305 HP is fantastic. I was always of the train of thought "there's no replacement for good ol' displacement..." Not anymore. Yes the Coyote sounds great. 412 HP is a lot. But, do I really need it? Nope. I am not a drag racer (anymore). I don't street race. I thoroughly enjoy just cruising around. I am a member of a very active club here in Tucson. If I wanted to and my schedule allows, we can go out cruising a couple of times a week...
It all comes down to what are you really going to do with the Mustang???

My ego doesn't really need to be stroked anymore with a car. What I fly for a living has plenty of power...27,000# of thrust X 2...

'14 Deep Impact Blue V-6 Coupe
MCA Package
V-6 Performance Package
Premium Package
SRE TUS is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang