Borla Stingers installed! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-11-2014, 11:41 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Borla Stingers installed!

So I was super excited to install my borla stingers! And they are finally on my baby Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1402504688.015501.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	868.6 KB
ID:	159053

I was a little disappointed on how quiet they are at idle lol.. My prior set up was
Bbk intake bbk short tune headers bama 93 R and pype bombs.. Man my exhaust was loud and furious.. But drones a good amount.. My new set up with stingers literally dosnt make a gurgle noise like my pypes at idle and only makes any noise when on the throttle.. My exhaust is deff a lot more quiet.. It sounds super nice when I press on the gas.. Super nice but I want it a tad bit more louder.. Any tips or recommendations appreciated..
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2014, 11:44 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Oh and 0 drone BTW
Old 06-11-2014, 11:48 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Off road x should wake that ***** up. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2014, 11:50 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Off road x should wake that ***** up. Lol

I need it to be emission friendly as well, I live in texas :/ do the X have a lot of rasp? Any recommendation on what maker or x pipe
Old 06-11-2014, 11:54 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylg86 View Post
I need it to be emission friendly as well, I live in texas :/ do the X have a lot of rasp? Any recommendation on what maker or x pipe
Then it would have to be catted. Yeah the x do have quite a bit of rasp. I was going to go with a bbk catted x but I'm so disappointed in the quality of my headers that I refuse to drop another dime on a bbk product. Any suggestions on a different brand?

Old 06-11-2014, 12:13 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Then it would have to be catted. Yeah the x do have quite a bit of rasp. I was going to go with a bbk catted x but I'm so disappointed in the quality of my headers that I refuse to drop another dime on a bbk product. Any suggestions on a different brand?

High flow cats could be another option to make it loud. But it be really freaking loud!!

Quote:
So I was super excited to install my borla stingers! And they are finally on my baby Attachment 159053

I was a little disappointed on how quiet they are at idle lol.. My prior set up was
Bbk intake bbk short tune headers bama 93 R and pype bombs.. Man my exhaust was loud and furious.. But drones a good amount.. My new set up with stingers literally dosnt make a gurgle noise like my pypes at idle and only makes any noise when on the throttle.. My exhaust is deff a lot more quiet.. It sounds super nice when I press on the gas.. Super nice but I want it a tad bit more louder.. Any tips or recommendations appreciated..

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:30 PM   #7
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
So I was super excited to install my borla stingers! And they are finally on my baby Attachment 159053

Awesome! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the new Borla Muffler. A Pypes Bombo is definitely going to drone pretty bad. Borla is known for having 0 drone!

As far as making it louder, all i would recommend is changing the mid-pipe. Do you still have cats?

Thanks for sharing this with us!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:33 PM   #8
Site Sponsor

Looks like Dan beat me to it!
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:35 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
Awesome! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the new Borla Muffler. A Pypes Bombo is definitely going to drone pretty bad. Borla is known for having 0 drone!

As far as making it louder, all i would recommend is changing the mid-pipe. Do you still have cats?

Thanks for sharing this with us!

-Dan

Yes my exhaust is completely stock and still have the cats. I have the stock H and I love the tone of the H heard the X was super raspy.. Wanna stay away from rasp and just have a deep tone..
Old 06-11-2014, 12:47 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Quote:

Even a catted X pipe wont pass emissions, at least here in Cali it wont. They use high flow cats and here those are
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:48 PM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Looks like Dan beat me to it!

It looks like we have a new AM person here, thats always a good thing.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:50 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Mac Pro chamber and weld in cats😉
colemaneric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:53 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

AM is the best company I have ever dealt with but yea like some one stated.. I don't think I will buy any bbk products for a while lol.. My bbk intakes o2 sensor plate is loose lol and my bbk short headers came rusted.. Nothing to do with AM they rock does anyone know of the high flow cats are legal in texas lol? I know we are a lot more lenient then Cali... I need something to waken up my exhaust just a tad bit lol
Old 06-11-2014, 01:03 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Yes they are! I'm from Texas and I was at cars and coffee talking to mustang owners and a couple of them had the bbk high flow x and they all said they passed emissions and inspections
Old 06-11-2014, 01:12 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

So recommendations as of right now are a high flow cated x pipe? Anyone have any sound clips?
Old 06-11-2014, 01:13 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

If you want to pay like $100 more. I think it's the mrt max flow catted h pipe
Old 06-11-2014, 01:14 PM   #17
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemaneric View Post
Mac Pro chamber and weld in cats😉

This.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:21 PM   #18
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Yes my exhaust is completely stock and still have the cats. I have the stock H and I love the tone of the H heard the X was super raspy.. Wanna stay away from rasp and just have a deep tone..
Sounds great! Yeah. Some sort of cat delete or high-flow cat set up is the next step for you. That will definitely take your exhaust to the next level! I would recommend checking with a local inspection shop and see if you will have any issues in TX. From what I understand, you should be okay!

Let us know what else we can do!

-Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
It looks like we have a new AM person here, thats always a good thing.
We do! Alex has been with the company for a long time now. He just joined our team a week or so ago and we're really excited to have him with us. He's a true Mustang guy and knows our product very well. Feel free to hit him up directly if you have any questions at all!

I'm obviously also here to lend a hand! So feel free to fire away with any questions, concerns or just mustang chat.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:38 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Did he replace Shane
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:40 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Do you like the Borla S's more or less than the pype bombs? I have the pype bombs now and love them. I was thinking of selling them and getting the Borla's, but for $600+ will it really be worth the difference? Or should I stick with the pypes and grab a ford racing x pipe.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:59 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Do you like the Borla S's more or less than the pype bombs? I have the pype bombs now and love them. I was thinking of selling them and getting the Borla's, but for $600+ will it really be worth the difference? Or should I stick with the pypes and grab a ford racing x pipe.

Give me at least two days to answer this since I'm at work and haven't really tested out the exhaust.. I drove it back during lunch but didn't get much play time lol I'll keep you posted. And AM thank you all I am gonna go with my inspection shop and see what mods I can do to mid pipe
Old 06-11-2014, 02:40 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
Even a catted X pipe wont pass emissions, at least here in Cali it wont. They use high flow cats and here those are
......but don't we have catted x/h pipe stock? Cali's got some f' up emission laws! Lol. What i meant to the op was high flow catted x. Are you guys allowed to fart in your car.....lol

Old 06-11-2014, 02:47 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Just took my lunch and drove for like 20 mins lol one thing I noticed off the bat was lower end power!! I really do think it has to do with the fact of back pressure.. But I can be wrong but my car does feel more responsive (auto relearn was not reset) so that wasn't what increased throttle response.. I really do think the air flow evened out.. Once again my opinion on this.. But the car is loud when I want it to be and quiet when I want it to be.. I actually really like this axel back! And that's cause I still have a lot of playing to do with it.. I haven't even really floored it lol
Old 06-11-2014, 02:52 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just took my lunch and drove for like 20 mins lol one thing I noticed off the bat was lower end power!! I really do think it has to do with the fact of back pressure.. But I can be wrong but my car does feel more responsive (auto relearn was not reset) so that wasn't what increased throttle response.. I really do think the air flow evened out.. Once again my opinion on this.. But the car is loud when I want it to be and quiet when I want it to be.. I actually really like this axel back! And that's cause I still have a lot of playing to do with it.. I haven't even really floored it lol
Worth the $600+ pricetag? My pypes were under 300 brand new, but I have heard such amazing things about the Borlas... double the price = double the product? I'm young so I don't mind the super-loudness or drone.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:57 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

What I love most about these axel backs is that they hold an amazing tone! My pypes would hold a good tone but after higher RPM's it just losses that fierce roar and is like a sputter lol.. These sound mean.. But I know for a fact my short tune headers are quieting them down a lot.. I think the attacks would of been a better option but I still love the sound these are high quality pipes! Deff worth the 600 IMO.. I love loud too but I like it to sound loud and good not just loud.. These are worth the $$ the attacks are probably awesome as well
Old 06-11-2014, 03:06 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

I just ordered a Ford racing x pipe to see if that will help my Pypes sound better... If no change then I will get the Borlas. My neighbors and girlfriend do not like the pypes lol.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:07 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Jay, another thing to keep in mind is that they still need time to break in. It's been about 2k miles since I installed my stingers and they are a good amount louder and deeper sounding now then the day I first installed them.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:10 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemaneric View Post
Yes they are! I'm from Texas and I was at cars and coffee talking to mustang owners and a couple of them had the bbk high flow x and they all said they passed emissions and inspections

Were you at the cars and coffee this past Saturday in Plano?
Bama Performance Tune
Raxiom LED licence plate bulbs
Black GT500 style spoiler
Will2329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:50 PM   #29
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygaga View Post
Jay, another thing to keep in mind is that they still need time to break in. It's been about 2k miles since I installed my stingers and they are a good amount louder and deeper sounding now then the day I first installed them.

Break in? Whats breaks in on a muffler?
Old 06-11-2014, 04:51 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

The inside of the muffler gets coated in the carbon i think it is and gives it a slight different sounds
Old 06-11-2014, 05:14 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Not exactly sure what it is that breaks in but I know there is a break in period. And they definitely sound different from when I first bought them.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:31 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygaga View Post
Not exactly sure what it is that breaks in but I know there is a break in period. And they definitely sound different from when I first bought them.

Yea my pypes bomb were obnoxious loud when I first installed lol after a couple miles on them they got deeper and better sounding! My stingers at idle make no more noise then the stock exhaust, but step on it and you have awoken a giant lol but then again I've only put like 20 miles on my stingers lol i am from Texas as well but deep deep Texas lol
Old 06-11-2014, 05:34 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I just ordered a Ford racing x pipe to see if that will help my Pypes sound better... If no change then I will get the Borlas. My neighbors and girlfriend do not like the pypes lol.

Yea my wife hated my pype bombs lol cause of the vibrations and drone and well they just sound beast lol! Hence why she left me spend 600+ on the borla lol so her and my neighbors are happy campers.. At least till I break these bad boys in or upgrade my mid pipe lol
Old 06-11-2014, 05:41 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Yea my pypes bomb were obnoxious loud when I first installed lol after a couple miles on them they got deeper and better sounding! My stingers at idle make no more noise then the stock exhaust, but step on it and you have awoken a giant lol but then again I've only put like 20 miles on my stingers lol i am from Texas as well but deep deep Texas lol

Sounds pretty similar to the Magnaflow Streets.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:53 PM   #35
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:

Just wait about 3 to 4 weeks after they're broken in and you'll be surprised. Great idle sound, bad a$$ at WOT, very pleasant while cruising. Trust me, be patient and you'll be pleasantly surprised. Excellant choise, I just love mine
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang