First door ding - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-12-2014, 09:43 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
First door ding

So I came out into my garage today and noticed a small dent in the right corner of the drivers door.(my car is 3 months old) I don't know when it happened but am pretty OCD about my car and it's really bothering me... Anyway am wondering how the dealer will take car of this (I have a door ding warranty) there is no paint chip it's just a simple dent. Does anyone know what kind of tool they use or how they repair this?
Bama Performance Tune
Raxiom LED licence plate bulbs
Black GT500 style spoiler
Will2329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2014, 09:47 PM   #2

Region: California
I believe if you look on YouTube you can find some ppl taking out dents with a heat and one of those compressed cans of air used to clean laptops and what not. If you try it and it works tell me!
cortjester08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:49 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
My neighbor gave me a door ding not 3 weeks after I got my car. It's really small but I always see it and it bothers me so much.. I need to get that fixed. He doesn't know that I know he did it.. maybe I should have said something but I guess it's too late now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2014, 10:50 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Try parking your car outside in the sun. After two or three hours, take an ice cube and rub it over the area. The heat combined with the cold should pop the dent out.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:13 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Try parking your car outside in the sun. After two or three hours, take an ice cube and rub it over the area. The heat combined with the cold should pop the dent out.
Interesting.. never heard of this. I'm going to give it a try this weekend.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:15 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
First door ding

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygaga View Post
My neighbor gave me a door ding not 3 weeks after I got my car. It's really small but I always see it and it bothers me so much.. I need to get that fixed. He doesn't know that I know he did it.. maybe I should have said something but I guess it's too late now.

My car came with a door ding warranty from the dealer. If I were you I would give them a call and see what they say. Am going first thing tomorrow morning I'll let you know how it turns out.
Bama Performance Tune
Raxiom LED licence plate bulbs
Black GT500 style spoiler
Will2329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:03 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Take it to a paintless dent removal shop. No ice or sun or chicken bone necklace is going to remove that dent.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-13-2014, 07:11 AM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Seems the OP has door ding coverage

Just take it to the dealer and they will take care of it. They probably removed a lot of the dings and will fix it properly.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:58 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ13GT View Post
Take it to a paintless dent removal shop. No ice or sun or chicken bone necklace is going to remove that dent.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
+1, I had hail damage just two months after I bought my car, I'm guest a mating about 100 dents ranging from very small to a couple of large marble sizes. My insurance company sent me to a paint less dent repair shop. The car looked perfect after it was done (2 days) and not a drop of paint or body work required. Find some where around you that does this if your ocd about your car like I am its the best way to go about it. You can YouTube "paint less dent repair" to see how it works.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:08 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I worked on a TV commercial at the Chevy Silverado plant in Indiana and learned 2 things: 1) many new cars have damage before they even leave the factory, 2) they have two guys who spend their days fixing small dings by pressing out the dings using custom bent golf clubs with the heads cut off and the end of the shaft rounded out on a grinder along with a small fluorescent black light. These guys let me watch them and it was just amazing, they pressed out the dings and you would never know they were ever there.
chitownpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:11 AM   #11
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
OP, they have Elfs that use tools made of Unicorn horns....just bring it to the place that you've given $ to for things like this.

side note my 9 year old Tacoma just got it's first.....yep, I try to be that carefull

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

Oh yeah, PDR is a skilled trade.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:15 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownpete View Post
I worked on a TV commercial at the Chevy Silverado plant in Indiana and learned 2 things: 1) many new cars have damage before they even leave the factory, 2) they have two guys who spend their days fixing small dings by pressing out the dings using custom bent golf clubs with the heads cut off and the end of the shaft rounded out on a grinder along with a small fluorescent black light. These guys let me watch them and it was just amazing, they pressed out the dings and you would never know they were ever there.
+1, when I dropped my stang off they were working on a car roof that also had hail damage, they let me watch them remove two or three of the dents and I was truly amazed how fast they did it and how it looked perfect!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:08 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I bought the car with one! Its got a big
Paint chip in it. Haha
WipeYourEyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang