Anyone use a dash cam? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-13-2014, 05:22 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Anyone use a dash cam?

Does anyone have a dash cam in their Mustang? I was thinking of getting one due to the shady nature of some fellow drivers in my area and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them?
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2014, 05:28 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Anyone use a dash cam?

Yep I have three, one in each of my cars. Seen to many intersection accidents where both parties claim the right of way.

My buddy's daughter just had an accident where the other vehicle went past her on a single lane road and when the driver released the light turned red he started to back up side swiping the whole drivers side of her vehicle. The other driver told her if she called the cops he would say it was her fault as his vehicle where they stood was in front. Would have made it real easy with it on video.
Batdive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:30 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

That's exactly why I am starting to look in to this as an option for my vehicle. Would you mind elaborating on what camera/model you went with and why you chose those? I always like hearing hands on experience of products I may potentially purchase.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2014, 05:35 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone use a dash cam?

Yeah i watch techmoans reviews on youtube and chose

http://www.foxoffer.com/g1wc-full-hd...ery-p-653.html

As i like the no battery due to the heat down here just kills them and i hard wired them in my f150 and explorer with

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141051844959...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

It auto turns on and records when i start car and turns off when i turn it off.

Still waiting to find time to hardware into my stang so right now using the cigarette plug that comes with it
Old 06-13-2014, 06:24 PM   #5
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batdive View Post
Yeah i watch techmoans reviews on youtube and chose

G1W-C Full HD 1080P Vehicle Blackbox DVR No battery [G1W-C]FoxOffer - Wholesale, OEM, Drop shipping from China directly

As i like the no battery due to the heat down here just kills them and i hard wired them in my f150 and explorer with

DC 12V to 5V 3A 15W Waterproof DC Converter Mini USB Car Power Adapter | eBay

It auto turns on and records when i start car and turns off when i turn it off.

Still waiting to find time to hardware into my stang so right now using the cigarette plug that comes with it
Only problem I see with that is the mounting. That's just asking for a smashed window if you leave it in the car. Also,if you get pulled over or towed the camera won't catch any video. I have a plug with a toggle switch that I can flip on if I get pulled over,the car gets towed or I leave it at a repair shop.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:29 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

What set up do you have, DDTCM ?
Old 06-13-2014, 06:43 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone use a dash cam?

Yep set up is depending on what you are needing, look at techmoans stuff on youtube he reviewed tons of them,everything from the single to a couple two cam setups. Answer a lot of your questions. I didnt do any GPS ones as i dont feel i need the functionality of it nor the ones that record the interior of car. I shut off the g shock stuff and motion, but you can wire it to always hv power and sleep and wake up on motion if you need that.

For me it was the no battery, 1080p, and auto record on power were my parameters. After you figure out what you are needn't to cover there is most likely something out there.

Lots out there just make sure to get it from a place where you won't get a cheap remake.

Good info

http://www.techmoan.com/guide-to-dashcams/
Old 06-13-2014, 06:47 PM   #8
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
What set up do you have, DDTCM ?
It's this little deal. My setup is not in the car yet but we are rounding up parts so we can do three cars at once. I've seen the quality on these cameras in person and they are real nice. The wide lens is the one to go with. They are a little bigger than a credit card.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251531465445
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:51 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone use a dash cam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
It's this little deal. My setup is not in the car yet but we are rounding up parts so we can do three cars at once. I've seen the quality on these cameras in person and they are real nice. The wide lens is the one to go with. They are a little bigger than a credit card.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251531465445

Mobius are nice and was my runner up they have a capacitor swap also to alleviate the battery issue and a couple other parts you can see below, If you look at that route

http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2014/2/...-my-ideal.html

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang