Tunerz - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-15-2014, 07:19 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Tunerz

So my car is almost a year old now, and i've been holding back on gettin a tuner because theyre pretty strict here with the warranty and tunes. It was driving me nuts yesterday thinking about it, i'm gettin sick of the stock tune and want something different. But, i dont want to be warranty-less should anything go wrong down the road.
Pretty sure im gonna say eff it and just get one anyways since my stang is my summer DD only so i wanna squeeze as much fun out of it as i can for the 6 months a year i get to drive it.
I'm lookin for some tuner feedback, ups and downs, safe tunes vs dangerous ones, any issues you may have had with tune or motor, and recommended tune and why.
Also does anyone know what parts will get voided out if i get one?

Can they recalibrate the speedo? Pullin the trigger on 3.73s sometime after my kids birthday too and ive been told by my shop and also my dealer that neither have the hardware to do it for me.
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2014, 11:43 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
So my car is almost a year old now, and i've been holding back on gettin a tuner because theyre pretty strict here with the warranty and tunes. It was driving me nuts yesterday thinking about it, i'm gettin sick of the stock tune and want something different. But, i dont want to be warranty-less should anything go wrong down the road.
Pretty sure im gonna say eff it and just get one anyways since my stang is my summer DD only so i wanna squeeze as much fun out of it as i can for the 6 months a year i get to drive it.
I'm lookin for some tuner feedback, ups and downs, safe tunes vs dangerous ones, any issues you may have had with tune or motor, and recommended tune and why.
Also does anyone know what parts will get voided out if i get one?

Can they recalibrate the speedo? Pullin the trigger on 3.73s sometime after my kids birthday too and ive been told by my shop and also my dealer that neither have the hardware to do it for me.
If you are concerned about your warranty u should look into steeda tunes. They are not the most aggressive tunes but are certainly much better than stock. I have heard they usually do not void out your warranty either. Another option would be to look into a frpp tune by ford, which if done by a dealer retains factory warranty 100%. Again though this tune usually is only a mild improvement over stock. If i were you i would just say screw the warranty and go mpt. Truly an amazing tune that turned my car into an absolute beast.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:45 AM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
If you do a search you can answer most of your questions. There are a ton of threads and posts about tuners. Bama is the most popular.

As far as what they can void, pretty much your entire drive train. Some dealers will give you a hard time and others will not. The dealer local to me and where I bought my Mustang tends to try and fight me. They really are very difficult to deal with. Another dealer that's around 50 miles from me is very easy to deal with. I'd suggest maybe talking to some one at the service dept. and see what they are wiling to work with as far as your mods go.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2014, 09:26 AM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Texas
Look into steeda. One of the big slogans with their tuners is "your new car warranty is safe with us"
Cise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:53 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I tuned my car and I have only had it for 4 months. I got the bama tuner and it's great no problems at all. You will get 3 custom tunes depending on your cars ecu and current mods. The tunes they put on the tuner is street, performance, and race. Currently am running the 93 octane race tune. It's awesome compared to stock. The shift times are different and also smoother, and it squeezes a little more power out of that v6 that you can definitely notice. Also it takes away the rev limiter, and gives you a ton more low end torque. ( great for burnouts) anyway if I were you I would definitely get the bama tuner it will feel like your driving a whole new mustang. And you can revert back to stock anytime. Oh and you will also get better mpg. If you don't have a CAI yet American muscle has tuner and cai combos.
Bama Performance Tune
Raxiom LED licence plate bulbs
Black GT500 style spoiler
Will2329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:55 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Here is something I read about dealers voiding your warrantyClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1402944939.087431.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	295.9 KB
ID:	159380

Check it out
Bama Performance Tune
Raxiom LED licence plate bulbs
Black GT500 style spoiler
Will2329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:27 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Yea ive gone thru the whole magnusson morris act before. My problem is, we dont have it in canada :/

My main concern is should i be worried about any long-term damage from squeezing the extra 20 or so hp out of the car? Im using long term pretty loosely here. I'd like to get atleast 200000+kms on my car before anything serious starts to happen.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:32 PM   #8
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
Dealerships can only recalibrate for gears that were a factory option. For the V6s, it's 2.73 and 3.31.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:32 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
Dealerships can only recalibrate for gears that were a factory option. For the V6s, it's 2.73 and 3.31.

I was hoping that wasnt the case lol. $200 for the calibrator from AM, and ill only use it once lmao
Old 06-17-2014, 01:20 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
You will have 0 issues with Steeda ... we have had 0 issues of warranty claims or denials when our tunes have been installed.

The same tunes we write for the customer are the same tunes we write for our serialized vehicles ... which are sold at select Ford dealerships nationwide.

Our tunes are safe, reliable & powerful ... you are in good hands with Steeda.

You can contact me at tim@steeda.com if you would like to speak off-line.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:19 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
You will have 0 issues with Steeda ... we have had 0 issues of warranty claims or denials when our tunes have been installed.

The same tunes we write for the customer are the same tunes we write for our serialized vehicles ... which are sold at select Ford dealerships nationwide.

Our tunes are safe, reliable & powerful ... you are in good hands with Steeda.

You can contact me at tim@steeda.com if you would like to speak off-line.

Best Regards,

TJ

Ive been hearing good things about steeda tunes. I'm in canada, so what do you think my dealership would say about a steeda tune?
Old 06-18-2014, 08:21 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

We have a good rapport with Canada ... we have several distributors in that region, including steeda.ca.

Be up front with them & see what they say ...

Best Regards,

TJ
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
Old 06-28-2014, 07:30 PM   #13

Region: Colorado
I have a tuner question, I have been searching the forum but can't find it. If I buy a SCT X4 Tuner from American Muscle/Bama and down the road decide that I want to try Steeda, MTP, etc can I use the same tuner? I know the tuner holds up to 10 tunes, but can it hold tunes from different companies?
Old 06-28-2014, 07:41 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Tunerz

[QUOTE=BJPGOLFNUT;2037316]I have a tuner question, I have been searching the forum but can't find it. If I buy a SCT X4 Tuner from American Muscle/Bama and down the road decide that I want to try Steeda, MTP, etc can I use the same tuner? I know the tuner holds up to 10 tunes, but can it hold tunes from different companies?[

You can have a steeda, aed, Lund, bama etc as long as you'll shell out the $$. Up to 10 different tunes if your device will hold them.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:44 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Yes, we can write you a tune for any SCT device that you purchase.

Best Regards,

TJ
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang