My second 02 sensor gone bad in less than a year - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-15-2014, 06:45 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Hey Kona, if you had purchased a 3.7 instead of that 227, you wouldn't be having all of these problems.
You got a darn good point there. I never thought of that. I'm making mine a 225 now. Ha ha ha

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash and the moderators are complete toolbags. TMS, Go F yourselves!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2014, 12:21 AM   #37

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
First, welcome to the forum. I love old threads and yes I got the issue with my BBK extender taken care of but an unusual welcome to cars. Lol. I called BBK, explaned the situation and they mailed me out a new extender. Dealing with BBK was great and the customer reps were super nice. While waiting for the new extender I disconnected my old one off and they looked okay. I blew on the both ends of the extender as if I have some magical fairly dust and reconnected the extender.

I cleared the code and problem solved for me. Haven't gotten a check engine light since. Really odd. Lol. Your idle surging issue is common on the 3.7 when using BBK long tube headers. Been there done that although my surging issue never caused my call too stall and would only occur when the car was in park and idle. You need the tuning company to turn your idle setting up more to help solve that issue with the surging.

I have spoken directly to BBK about this surging issue and its just a side effect for the 3.7 but can be greatly reduced or stopped by turning the idle up in the tune.

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash and the moderators are complete toolbags. TMS, Go F yourselves!
Thank you so much for the information, I will contact BBK about it and see if they will send me some new ones! Hopefully I won't run into anymore issues and things will be smooth sailing. I am glad to hear that your car is fixed and thank you for the welcome.
lcouch94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:51 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcouch94 View Post
Thank you so much for the information, I will contact BBK about it and see if they will send me some new ones! Hopefully I won't run into anymore issues and things will be smooth sailing. I am glad to hear that your car is fixed and thank you for the welcome.
FYI, BBK was so nice they never charged me for the extension. A good company to deal with.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2014, 10:17 AM   #39

I have contacted BBK and they were happy to send me new O2 extenders. They were very friendly, I'm so glad I called. Hopefully the new ones will fix my problem... How rough my car has been running lately is starting to drive me nuts. Now about the idling issue. With my bama tuner, I am able to adjust the idle myself. What do you recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 10-20-2014, 03:00 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have contacted BBK and they were happy to send me new O2 extenders. They were very friendly, I'm so glad I called. Hopefully the new ones will fix my problem... How rough my car has been running lately is starting to drive me nuts. Now about the idling issue. With my bama tuner, I am able to adjust the idle myself. What do you recommend?

Glad BBK got you squared away. About the idle issue , I don't believe that's something that you can change on the SCT but maybe I'm wrong on that. I believe that's something that Bama needs to adjust for you. They need to turn up the idle command to offset the surging issue that is being caused by the long tube headers.

If my memory serves me correct I think the idle command setting you want is like 900 which Bama knows this because they did mine. It made a big difference. It still sometimes has slight idle surges but not as bad and often and never has the car stalled.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 10-20-2014, 04:18 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
I hope bbk is as kind for international customers. ..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Soon: Procharger & NOS
dubaighost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:12 PM   #42

I am unfortunately bringing back this topic because I am still experiencing issues. So it's been months since I've replaced my O2 extenders and at first my car would rarely idle rough. I received a new tune around the same time we put the new extenders on and I haven't thrown a code since. Okay so despite all that, here recently my car is starting to idle weird again. Yesterday while driving to and from work, I noticed my cars Rpm's dropped very rapidly and I have no choice but to sit there and let it do its thing. Even if I blip the gas pedal to try to stop it, it doesn't help. It pretty much happens every day now. I have my idle speed adjusted to 800. But despite that, it still drops from 800 to almost to the point of stalling. It is super annoying... I guess I am going to have to buy new o2's even though it isn't showing a code. I'm dead set on that's the issue. Does anyone have any suggestions on which o2's I should get?

Old 03-24-2015, 09:38 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
I am unfortunately bringing back this topic because I am still experiencing issues. So it's been months since I've replaced my O2 extenders and at first my car would rarely idle rough. I received a new tune around the same time we put the new extenders on and I haven't thrown a code since. Okay so despite all that, here recently my car is starting to idle weird again. Yesterday while driving to and from work, I noticed my cars Rpm's dropped very rapidly and I have no choice but to sit there and let it do its thing. Even if I blip the gas pedal to try to stop it, it doesn't help. It pretty much happens every day now. I have my idle speed adjusted to 800. But despite that, it still drops from 800 to almost to the point of stalling. It is super annoying... I guess I am going to have to buy new o2's even though it isn't showing a code. I'm dead set on that's the issue. Does anyone have any suggestions on which o2's I should get?

Lanaya, I think it may be a tuning issue tbh.. with headers the idle surge is pretty common when I was N/A and I switched from bama to mpt there was a noticeable difference. O2 sensors are not cheap for our cars because they use widebands. But if you were going to get new ones I believe ford uses bosch as a direct replacement

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:52 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011fastford View Post
Lanaya, I think it may be a tuning issue tbh.. with headers the idle surge is pretty common when I was N/A and I switched from bama to mpt there was a noticeable difference. O2 sensors are not cheap for our cars because they use widebands. But if you were going to get new ones I believe ford uses bosch as a direct replacement
Yeah, I know O2's ain't cheap... but I'm desperate. My car runs just fine except for the idling issue, which is absolutely annoying. I will look more into mpt though before I jump the gun. I hear of a lot of people switching over to them.
Thank you for the help, Mark!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

« Headers | Swerving »