Off road pro chamber - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-26-2015, 03:37 PM   #106
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by pds861 View Post
I would love to hear some more prochamber clips. Can't seem to find many samples

Sent from my XT907 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

No one uses them. Id love to hear a clip as well.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2015, 03:59 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbowman88 View Post
Thanks I've been looking for some pics. How's the fitment and did you get a decent performance increase

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 08:54 AM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I would but I had to delete 2 YouTube accounts over the years. I'll make one and show you guys.

My first muffler I had was **** (flowmaster) now o have gt500's
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2015, 09:35 AM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow14 View Post
Thanks I've been looking for some pics. How's the fitment and did you get a decent performance increase

Well they both fit on really well, didn't run in to any problems except o2 sensor extensions. Other than that it has a deep, aggressive sound to it. If its not at too high an rpm ive gone to meets where most think its a v8, so that's something.

Performance wise I can tell a difference compared to the stock setup, better exhaust flow. Reacts very well with my tune, and it is def loud!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
bbowman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:53 AM   #110
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Anybody have experience with the cut/clamp/weld pro chamber? Inspections here mean I have to leave the cats on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:32 AM   #111
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
Anybody have experience with the cut/clamp/weld pro chamber? Inspections here mean I have to leave the cats on.

Probably not. No one has them in stock. I stopped by Mac to talk to them about getting one and they don't stock them for the V6. They are made on a case by case basis. They will only mass produce if a company or store wants a bunch of them. The guy I talked to said there is little to no market for the cut and clamp. They will make one but it could take 3-4 months before they do.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:34 AM   #112
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

So basically I have to get one for long tube headers and leave off the front pipes?

Old 03-27-2015, 11:36 AM   #113
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
So basically I have to get one for long tube headers and leave off the front pipes?

If you have LT's then yes. If your stock or are using shorties they make and offroad mid pipe that deletes the cats. Id love to get one but its a huge fine here in Cali for doing that. The gains aren't worth the risk for me.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:40 AM   #114
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
If you have LT's then yes. If your stock or are using shorties they make and offroad mid pipe that deletes the cats. Id love to get one but its a huge fine here in Cali for doing that. The gains aren't worth the risk for me.

That's what I'm saying. Looks like the mid chamber section is the same on all, I just wouldn't use the front pipes and have to cut after my cats and have the shop weld it in place.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:38 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Either buy the off road or the LT. Go with the cheaper option. Exhaust shop will take care of the rest. $100 max for install

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Quote:
That's what I'm saying. Looks like the mid chamber section is the same on all, I just wouldn't use the front pipes and have to cut after my cats and have the shop weld it in place.

Yes.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:47 PM   #116
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
Either buy the off road or the LT. Go with the cheaper option. Exhaust shop will take care of the rest. $100 max for install

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Yes.

Yeah, I know. I've seen the cut/clamp version listed for $319 so I was just trying to save some $$$ since I will have to keep the cats on. Even if I ran the no-cat version I don't have a tuner and don't plan on getting one so I would have to deal with CEL.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:21 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Yeah, I know. I've seen the cut/clamp version listed for $319 so I was just trying to save some $$$ since I will have to keep the cats on. Even if I ran the no-cat version I don't have a tuner and don't plan on getting one so I would have to deal with CEL.
You must have been looking at Stage3motorsports. I just got finished searching for the cheapest place to buy them. I didn't call to find out about availability yet.

Funny I called AM and asked them if they had any plans to carry them. They suggested I buy the ones made to be used with the LT headers and cut them back. I said that would cost too much.

But like the Stangman said they're in short supply. I'll find out tomorrow when I call. I wanted to do that ProChamber next.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:23 PM   #118
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Yeah, I sent a PM to an AM rep on here with the part number and all since I wanted to support a sponsor, but never heard back...

Old 03-27-2015, 10:32 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

AM shows the Catless version as having each side one piece while I believe other sites showed separate sections.
I wouldn't want to cut the prochamber pipes as that would probably mean having to have a shop weld them on. I planned on cutting my own pipes and clamping on the prochambers.
I assume the install instructions would have directions on exactly where to cut the existing pipes. Not that I wouldn't double check it first.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:43 PM   #120
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

This is the Pro Chamber for long tubes. It looks as though the front pipes slide in. If that's not the case then it would need cutting. If they do slide then using clamps should be possible but you will still have to cut the factory pipe.

Old 03-27-2015, 11:18 PM   #121
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
You must have been looking at Stage3motorsports. I just got finished searching for the cheapest place to buy them. I didn't call to find out about availability yet.

Funny I called AM and asked them if they had any plans to carry them. They suggested I buy the ones made to be used with the LT headers and cut them back. I said that would cost too much.

But like the Stangman said they're in short supply. I'll find out tomorrow when I call. I wanted to do that ProChamber next.
Stage 3 does not have them in stock. If you find one for the V6 it's pure luck. Mac hasn't even made that many of them.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:02 AM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
AM shows the Catless version as having each side one piece while I believe other sites showed separate sections.

I wouldn't want to cut the prochamber pipes as that would probably mean having to have a shop weld them on. I planned on cutting my own pipes and clamping on the prochambers.

I assume the install instructions would have directions on exactly where to cut the existing pipes. Not that I wouldn't double check it first.

There is no one piece. It's 3 pieces. You install the O2 sensors, then bolt up the pipes loose to the manifolds, then adjust the pro chamber to the manifold pipes, then to the over axles. If it was one piece, it would have taken all day, not 1 hour.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:06 AM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Stage 3 does not have them in stock. If you find one for the V6 it's pure luck. Mac hasn't even made that many of them.

You can just order it from MAC. they charge shippig though. Just buy the LT mid pipe bro. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1427555116.598712.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	178573Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1427555130.320897.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	208.9 KB
ID:	178574

Mac direct site has it for $359. Plus shipping is like $400. Or just buy the LT version, get a shop to cut it for cheap. AM has free shippig and discount.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:10 AM   #124
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Quote:
You can just order it from MAC. they charge shippig though. Just buy the LT mid pipe bro. Attachment 178573Attachment 178574

Mac direct site has it for $359. Plus shipping is like $400. Or just buy the LT version, get a shop to cut it for cheap. AM has free shippig and discount.

That is probably the route I will end up going. Just sucks to pay extra for parts I won't use. May be able to unload the cat deletes here though since not all X-pipes come ready to delete them (FRPP for example which was the other mid pipe I was looking at).

Old 03-28-2015, 10:53 AM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
There is no one piece. It's 3 pieces. You install the O2 sensors, then bolt up the pipes loose to the manifolds, then adjust the pro chamber to the manifold pipes, then to the over axles. If it was one piece, it would have taken all day, not 1 hour.
I was talking about the difference between these two. Made for long tube but used with factory cats & resonators.
Click image for larger version

Name:	solid for long tube.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	178577

Name:	Stangmods Version.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	178578

Different look from different vendors but I believe same part #.

I guess they used the closest picture they have. Example: there are no hangers where they show the hooks.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:07 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

You will use it. You just cut off like 6" of piping.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:09 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was talking about the difference between these two. Made for long tube but used with factory cats & resonators.
Attachment 178577

Attachment 178578

Different look from different vendors but I believe same part #.

I guess they used the closest picture they have. Example: there are no hangers where they show the hooks.

Both are still a 3 piece. See the bulge in the pipe? It slides in, then clamps on to tighten the exhaust pipes together. I tack welded mine so it won't escape.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:24 PM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Both are still a 3 piece. See the bulge in the pipe? It slides in, then clamps on to tighten the exhaust pipes together. I tack welded mine so it won't escape.
Yes I see what you're saying.
In any case I'm waiting for this one....(don't want to spend extra money for piping I won't be using)

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	178606

EDIT: This thread is titled " Off road pro chamber" but somewhere started talking about leaving the cats on. Which is what I'm doing.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:01 PM   #129
Registered Member

Regular

You all keep talking about the cut and clamp, has any one verified if they are in stock? Even though Stage 3 says they do, when I called, they don't. I live right by the Mac factory so I've actually talked with them. They don't produce these. If they don't have a big enough order they won't make them. Even if some one shows them in stock, call to verify. If you find one let me know I'd like to get one too...
Old 03-28-2015, 06:12 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You all keep talking about the cut and clamp, has any one verified if they are in stock? Even though Stage 3 says they do, when I called, they don't. I live right by the Mac factory so I've actually talked with them. They don't produce these. If they don't have a big enough order they won't make them. Even if some one shows them in stock, call to verify. If you find one let me know I'd like to get one too...
So I assume they couldn't tell you anything about wait time.
Both Stage 3 and stangmods were closed today. I do plan on calling both Monday.
I'll let you know what they have to say.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:36 PM   #131
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
So I assume they couldn't tell you anything about wait time.
Both Stage 3 and stangmods were closed today. I do plan on calling both Monday.
I'll let you know what they have to say.
Yeah Mac could make you one but he told me it could take a couple of months. They would make one and fit it in between everything else they have to do. Like I said he told me there is literally almost no demand for these. They told me it could take a couple of months to make one. This is one reason I don't like Mac.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:37 PM   #132
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah Mac could make you one but he told me it could take a couple of months. They would make one and fit it in between everything else they have to do. Like I said he told me there is literally almost no demand for these. They told me it could take a couple of months to make one. This is one reason I don't like Mac.
WOW!
Maybe I'll just order it through stage3motors and hope others will order and provide more incentive for fabrication.
But I will call and hear what they have to say first.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:12 PM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Or order the LT version off American muscle, get a exhaust shop to do the rest. It's either go with cats or without.

Let me tell you all though, it sounds like I have them on at times. I've got videos on my go pro
Old 03-29-2015, 09:23 PM   #134
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Or order the LT version off American muscle, get a exhaust shop to do the rest. It's either go with cats or without.

Let me tell you all though, it sounds like I have them on at times. I've got videos on my go pro
Seems to me if these 2 versions of the midpipe prochamber were identical, with the exception of the extension for the Long tube version, that they could easily just provide that portion for use with stock cats. That is, leave off the extensions. If you know what I mean.
I think I'll call MAC tomorrow to find out if that piece minus the extensions is in fact identical to what we want. I know it looks the same, and may very well be the same, but that doesn't guarantee that it is the same.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:34 AM   #135
Registered Member
Regular

Why not buy the off road version. Add catalytic converters, your stock ones that is.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:35 AM   #136
Registered Member
Regular

If you've ever looked in one, it's an X pipe minus the center piece to connect it. Then the box/ muffler. This is why it's a X/H, but labeled as H because of sound
Old 03-30-2015, 10:18 AM   #137
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Why not buy the off road version. Add catalytic converters, your stock ones that is.
I plan on doing the work myself and am trying to keep it as simple as possible. I don't weld. Planned on cutting my existing pipes and clamping in the new stuff.
We'll see.
Called MAC...they didn't pick up ...I left message.
Called Stangmods...The didn't pick up...I left message.
Called Stage3...Keep getting the answering machine saying there're not open. ???
Old 03-30-2015, 01:31 PM   #138
Registered Member
Regular

Well I just got off the phone with stage3motorsports.
They had the "MAC ProChamber PC2205 (For Stock Cats)" in stock and will be shipping out by tomorrow at the latest.
I asked if they had any more and he thought there was another one but would have to double check. We left it at that.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:43 PM   #139
Registered Member
Regular

https://youtu.be/BUsRx9LEsuc

above is a link to a quick go pro video i did of a WOT datalog. more videos as i play with my hero 3 white. i will admit, it would benefit from shorties. this is with NO resonators
Attached Files

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang