New Front End and Lights - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-21-2014, 08:16 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
New Front End and Lights

I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger for a 2011 Gt bumper cover, saleen grille and gt/cs lower valence with fogs. Im pretty sure my current fog light wiring will be able to plug right up to the new gtcs but not 100%. I'm not planing on getting new headlights anytime soon but what do you guys think about the fogs that come with the gtcs valence. Should I get them so both my fogs and headlights have the same light. would I be able to change the bulb out to hid. I'm not experienced with lighting.
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2014, 08:17 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1403356655.865396.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	489.2 KB
ID:	159723
Old 06-21-2014, 10:53 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
^^^^ That grill is very nice , do the proper research for the electrical mod
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2014, 09:35 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I agree. That looks good. Good luck in your quest

2008 Roush 427R
2014 V6 Prem
rmb427r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:44 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs View Post
I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger for a 2011 Gt bumper cover, saleen grille and gt/cs lower valence with fogs. Im pretty sure my current fog light wiring will be able to plug right up to the new gtcs but not 100%. I'm not planing on getting new headlights anytime soon but what do you guys think about the fogs that come with the gtcs valence. Should I get them so both my fogs and headlights have the same light. would I be able to change the bulb out to hid. I'm not experienced with lighting.
As to whether your stock fogs will fit in the valance? Unlikely. The harness and connectors? Probably so. At worst, maybe some stripping and soldering if you're comfortable with that.

As for the HIDs, just about any foglight can be converted to HID buuuuut I would advise against it. It's a halogen housing, which means it has reflectors for the halogen bulb to produce light. Factory HIDs use a projector to focus the light in one direction.

That's why ******bags that put HIDs in halogen headlights are hated. The light is very intense and just bounces around those reflectors. Blinds other drivers and your USABLE light output will be crap.

I would just find some blue-ish tinted halogen bulbs like Silverstars instead for the fogs. Also saves you the trouble of running ballasts and a relay to the battery.
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
As to whether your stock fogs will fit in the valance? Unlikely. The harness and connectors? Probably so. At worst, maybe some stripping and soldering if you're comfortable with that.

As for the HIDs, just about any foglight can be converted to HID buuuuut I would advise against it. It's a halogen housing, which means it has reflectors for the halogen bulb to produce light. Factory HIDs use a projector to focus the light in one direction.

That's why ******bags that put HIDs in halogen headlights are hated. The light is very intense and just bounces around those reflectors. Blinds other drivers and your USABLE light output will be crap.

I would just find some blue-ish tinted halogen bulbs like Silverstars instead for the fogs. Also saves you the trouble of running ballasts and a relay to the battery.

I was talking about my current fog light connectors plugging into the new fogs for this kit. So I'll try to look this up more. I think I'll stay away from hids then

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang