Boss foglight delete questions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-21-2014, 09:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Boss foglight delete questions

I installed the Gt upper and lower grille on my car with the intention of using the Boss foglight delete plates. So I purchased the mmd brand from AM and when they arrived the instructions stated that i need to have the foglight brackets to install them. Does anyone know if the Ford oem Boss plates will work with the Gt grille only. Looking at the pictures the oem plates have different clips. Thanks!!!
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2014, 09:26 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow14 View Post
I installed the Gt upper and lower grille on my car with the intention of using the Boss foglight delete plates. So I purchased the mmd brand from AM and when they arrived the instructions stated that i need to have the foglight brackets to install them. Does anyone know if the Ford oem Boss plates will work with the Gt grille only. Looking at the pictures the oem plates have different clips. Thanks!!!
Bump
Old 06-26-2014, 09:37 AM   #3
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow14 View Post
If you're running the GT grille on your Mustang you shouldn't have any issues. We installed these on a few different 11+ GT's here without any issues. The Brackets may be different but with some slight custom work you should be able to make it work.

Feel free to hit our CS team up and they'll help you troubleshoot! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2014, 11:52 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks I returned them yesterday I'm going to buy the ford oem they have different plates that don't require the brackets.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:11 PM   #5

I have a GT grille on my V6 (without fog light brackets). Is there a way to make these deletes work on my setup?
jsullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:29 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I have the gt grille on my 2014 and dont have fog light brackets. Used a ton of adhesive to get the boss style deletes on. It worked out well and i got the stuff that could withstand high temperatures.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
45thMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Not sure if thats the answer you wanted but i think the brand i used was j-b weld. I was skeptical about it myself but its on there pretty good and i trust it

Old 11-19-2014, 12:21 PM   #8

I may just buy the brackets off eBay for like $35. I'll look into both options. Thanks, brother. I'm assuming you took the front bumper cover off?
jsullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 12:51 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I would recommend the brackets. No i bought the grille and fog light deletes at the same time so i used the adhesive first and let it dry then i just pulled out the old grille and pushed the new one in. The cdc grille install video on youtube showed me that i didnt have to remove the bumper.

Old 11-19-2014, 08:29 PM   #10
rob.james.arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thMustang View Post
I would recommend the brackets. No i bought the grille and fog light deletes at the same time so i used the adhesive first and let it dry then i just pulled out the old grille and pushed the new one in. The cdc grille install video on youtube showed me that i didnt have to remove the bumper.

I superglued my set in. Waited an hour for it to cure. Took an old soldering gun and on the backside of the grill heated the contact points where the covers and fog light cut outs met until the plastic fused. I believe they are now "permanently" installed. From the front or outside view of the grill there is no visual residue from the glue or fusing of the plastic. Just need to take your time and be careful.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:34 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.james.arias View Post
I superglued my set in. Waited an hour for it to cure. Took an old soldering gun and on the backside of the grill heated the contact points where the covers and fog light cut outs met until the plastic fused. I believe they are now "permanently" installed. From the front or outside view of the grill there is no visual residue from the glue or fusing of the plastic. Just need to take your time and be careful.
And I thought I was the only one who used adhesive instead of buying brackets haha

Old 11-19-2014, 08:36 PM   #12
rob.james.arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thMustang View Post
And I thought I was the only one who used adhesive instead of buying brackets haha

Heck no, I have glued and jb weld'ed so many things its shameful... Sometimes the most important question you can ask yourself is "to glue, or not to glue". LOL
Old 11-20-2014, 06:24 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Strangely, my V6 came with the foglight brackets hiding behind the grill. I found this out when I pulled my original grill out to install a GT minus foglight grill. Now I get to pull the whole front end of the car apart to remove the brackets, as they are creating some issues with routing for my brake ducts.

Proving to my fellow racers that the disdain that some GT drivers have for V6 drivers is unfounded, one results archive at a time since 2013.
jande063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:57 AM   #14
rob.james.arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by jande063 View Post
Strangely, my V6 came with the foglight brackets hiding behind the grill. I found this out when I pulled my original grill out to install a GT minus foglight grill. Now I get to pull the whole front end of the car apart to remove the brackets, as they are creating some issues with routing for my brake ducts.
Are you the original owner? Perhaps they are left over from a previous owner.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:13 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I purchased the car new in May, probably what happened is that they had a part shortage on the line, and needed to use a GT bumper support, hence why I have the foglight mounts. Not the worst screw up on the line, a friend ended up with a 7.5 axle without an LSD on his 2012. He found out when he took the car to the dealer to have them install a set of 8.8 gears, and the tech went wtf...

Proving to my fellow racers that the disdain that some GT drivers have for V6 drivers is unfounded, one results archive at a time since 2013.
jande063 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang