Just Purchased: Raxiom Headlights - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-25-2014, 12:22 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Just Purchased: Raxiom Headlights

So I just purchased the Raxiom Chrome Projector Headlights.

Raxiom Chrome Projector Headlights - CCFL Halo 49130 (10-12 GT, V6) - Free Shipping

I got them new for a very good price. I was wondering if anyone has these and how they feel about them? I wanted the smoked ones but I just could not pass up on the price of these. Do they offer good visibility at night? Do I need to remove the front bumper for install? (Read that you can turn your wheels all the way to one side but not sure). Any info., tips, suggestions, or just your opinion on these lights is greatly appreciated!
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2014, 12:32 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Never used them,but I can tell you that the bumper will have to come off.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:19 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I had the bumper removed when I got mine installed (smoked version). I'm not sure about the chrome one... but with the smoked ones, you definitely notice a decrease in visibility at night. But they look so bad ***! Don't forget to adjust them after installing. They'll most likely be pointing a little low.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2014, 01:26 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
I had the bumper removed when I got mine installed (smoked version). I'm not sure about the chrome one... but with the smoked ones, you definitely notice a decrease in visibility at night. But they look so bad ***! Don't forget to adjust them after installing. They'll most likely be pointing a little low.
I had read that the smoked ones really decreased visibility which is why I got the chrome ones. I was thinking about getting the H9 replacement bulbs if they are too dim. Thanks for the tip on adjusting them, I would not have thought to do that.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:42 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I don't have expierience with Raxiom, but i will tell you that i have never seen a set of aftermarket headlights (excluding custom made) that have equal or better visibility than stock headlights. I had THREE sets of aftermarket lights on my truck and i was disappointed each time. They looked great but i couldnt see more than 15 ft in front of me..ended up putting stock back on. I usually warn people against these mass marketed lights for that reason.. Now if you get a custom set from say, HIDguy that may be a different story. Good luck with them!
2013 DIB 3.7-Pypes Pype Bomb black axlebacks, BBK shorty headers, Bama & MPT tunes, Steeda Ultralite Springs, J&M steel adj. panhard, Roush hood scoop, Street scene Gen 2 chin spoiler painted to match, Custom billet grille, painted side mirror covers, 20" gloss black AMR wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos.

Follow me on instagram @that_deep_impact
Deep_Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:49 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep_Impact View Post
I don't have expierience with Raxiom, but i will tell you that i have never seen a set of aftermarket headlights (excluding custom made) that have equal or better visibility than stock headlights. I had THREE sets of aftermarket lights on my truck and i was disappointed each time. They looked great but i couldnt see more than 15 ft in front of me..ended up putting stock back on. I usually warn people against these mass marketed lights for that reason.. Now if you get a custom set from say, HIDguy that may be a different story. Good luck with them!
I feel the same way which is why I never purchased them. I always thought they looked amazing though and hate the big yellow lamp-like stock headlights in my mustang. I found these for $150 brand new never used/opened, they retail for $325 on AM. I just couldn't pass up a deal like that. I figured for the price if I didn't like them I could just sell them and still make some $.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:57 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I feel the same way which is why I never purchased them. I always thought they looked amazing though and hate the big yellow lamp-like stock headlights in my mustang. I found these for $150 brand new never used/opened, they retail for $325 on AM. I just couldn't pass up a deal like that. I figured for the price if I didn't like them I could just sell them and still make some $.
Yeah that's a good price! You should at least be able to recoup your money if you don't like them.
2013 DIB 3.7-Pypes Pype Bomb black axlebacks, BBK shorty headers, Bama & MPT tunes, Steeda Ultralite Springs, J&M steel adj. panhard, Roush hood scoop, Street scene Gen 2 chin spoiler painted to match, Custom billet grille, painted side mirror covers, 20" gloss black AMR wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos.

Follow me on instagram @that_deep_impact
Deep_Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:01 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

You wont regret it
I installed some HIDs so improve even more the light output and i love it Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1403726479.430201.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	738.4 KB
ID:	160041

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
mark_ash0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:03 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_ash0426 View Post
You wont regret it
I installed some HIDs so improve even more the light output and i love it Attachment 160041

What HIDs did you install? I see the H9's on AM, but from reviews it sounds like they are yellow not white. I know basically nothing when it comes to car lighting
Old 06-25-2014, 03:52 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What HIDs did you install? I see the H9's on AM, but from reviews it sounds like they are yellow not white. I know basically nothing when it comes to car lighting

I installed 55 W Ballasts with 6000k H9 bulbs
6000k is like white light with a little of blue. Theres different colors but i personally like the 6000k the best
You can do some research about it though

mark_ash0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:19 AM   #11
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
So I just purchased the Raxiom Chrome Projector Headlights.

Raxiom Chrome Projector Headlights - CCFL Halo 49130 (10-12 GT, V6) - Free Shipping

I got them new for a very good price. I was wondering if anyone has these and how they feel about them? I wanted the smoked ones but I just could not pass up on the price of these. Do they offer good visibility at night? Do I need to remove the front bumper for install? (Read that you can turn your wheels all the way to one side but not sure). Any info., tips, suggestions, or just your opinion on these lights is greatly appreciated!
Awesome! You'll love the Raxiom headlights. The projectors are great and they definitely look awesome! You won't have any visiblity issues with the chrome headlights. The Smoked version has a little less light output than stock but a set of HID's will fix that right up. I run the smoked version in my 2011 GT and 35W 5K HID's!

I hope this helps. Definitely post up some pictures after the installation. I'd love to check it out!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:42 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
Awesome! You'll love the Raxiom headlights. The projectors are great and they definitely look awesome! You won't have any visiblity issues with the chrome headlights. The Smoked version has a little less light output than stock but a set of HID's will fix that right up. I run the smoked version in my 2011 GT and 35W 5K HID's!

I hope this helps. Definitely post up some pictures after the installation. I'd love to check it out!

-Dan
Thanks Dan, They arrive today and I am going to see how they look installed at night, do a test drive with them, etc. Then if they are not bright enough for me I will try the Raxiom H9's from you guys. Those look like they will give me enough visibility to see and not blind other drivers, which is my main concern with white-light HIDs, since I get blinded a lot by people.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang