Which Exhaust - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-27-2014, 12:04 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
Borla Stingers FTW, baby

Those and some short tune headers and man it's orgasmic.. And if you want deeper and louder you go H pipe mid.. I'm still waiting to finance my next mod... Wanted Mac chambered but dosnt come with cats.. So gonna probably go MRT H pipe..
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2014, 02:20 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Lol, I guess I am the one of the few who have the obnoxious Roush ones. Have a long trip coming up to go to mustang week. Based on what I've been listening to, I'll probably be deaf by the time I get there. 😁

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
UB2PED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:21 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB2PED View Post
Lol, I guess I am the one of the few who have the obnoxious Roush ones. Have a long trip coming up to go to mustang week. Based on what I've been listening to, I'll probably be deaf by the time I get there. 😁

You are correct Sir!!!!!!! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2014, 03:24 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Driving long distance is fine just have some music on, but when i am just in the neighborhood, windows down and no music love the sound

Black Stallion!
IanTheFancy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:27 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanTheFancy1 View Post
Driving long distance is fine just have some music on, but when i am just in the neighborhood, windows down and no music love the sound

Black Stallion!

Amen!

Old 06-27-2014, 03:47 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

I love mine! Obnoxious all the way! Lol

2013 3.7 Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:50 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
I love mine! Obnoxious all the way! Lol

2013 3.7 Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.

Hell yeah!

Old 06-27-2014, 04:58 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylg86 View Post
Those and some short tune headers and man it's orgasmic.. And if you want deeper and louder you go H pipe mid.. I'm still waiting to finance my next mod... Wanted Mac chambered but dosnt come with cats.. So gonna probably go MRT H pipe..
Jaylg86...Your exhaust sounds great. I Just installed the BBk shortys and have been trying to decide on the muffler. I thought it was going to be the Borla Touring but I'm now leaning towards the Stingers.

I have to ask though, do you feel the CAI makes a difference? The reason I ask is because I've heard that the OEM intake is the same as the GT and flows plenty of air, so I thought I might skip CAI or just put in a drop-in. But if it helps with the sound (and I know it does on my Charger) I will have to plan on it.
Thanks.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:19 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Jaylg86...Your exhaust sounds great. I Just installed the BBk shortys and have been trying to decide on the muffler. I thought it was going to be the Borla Touring but I'm now leaning towards the Stingers.

I have to ask though, do you feel the CAI makes a difference? The reason I ask is because I've heard that the OEM intake is the same as the GT and flows plenty of air, so I thought I might skip CAI or just put in a drop-in. But if it helps with the sound (and I know it does on my Charger) I will have to plan on it.

Thanks.

Thank buddy! Ok if your going the shorty header route deff get the stingers cause I think the tourings would be way to quiet.. Just my opinion.. I some times even think my exhaust is quiet lol and contemplate the borla attacks.. But in all reality the stingers are plenty loud..

In terms of CIA.. You are correct you don't really need one.. The OEM Is plenty strong.. The only difference between the two is 2 things.. 1. Looks way better 2. The sound is pretty mean lol I like it to be honest.. The CIA will only make a real difference when you then your car though.. So if you havnt that is a good next investment
Old 06-27-2014, 08:20 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Dang auto correct.. At the end I was trying to say that the CIA works best when you have the car TUNED..
Old 06-28-2014, 11:32 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylg86 View Post
Dang auto correct.. At the end I was trying to say that the CIA works best when you have the car TUNED..
Thanks for the input. I think definitely the Stingers! The tune will be down the road a bit along with the CAI.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:30 PM   #47

Region: California
borla stinger axlebacks just installed on my '13 v6

i cannot comment on the other brands, but after extensive research decided to go with the stingers. absolutely no regrets and super happy. looks great with the pair of shiny 4.5" tips and sounds even better. no drone and fairly quiet just cruising, but comes alive when you gas it. nice throaty almost 'exotic' sound. i'm an old guy so i prefer a more distinctive note over all out loud. it does pop/fart when you really step on it a la the jag f-type. i personally like it, others might not.
13rrstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:40 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13rrstang View Post
i cannot comment on the other brands, but after extensive research decided to go with the stingers. absolutely no regrets and super happy. looks great with the pair of shiny 4.5" tips and sounds even better. no drone and fairly quiet just cruising, but comes alive when you gas it. nice throaty almost 'exotic' sound. i'm an old guy so i prefer a more distinctive note over all out loud. it does pop/fart when you really step on it a la the jag f-type. i personally like it, others might not.
I sure wish I had an oppurtunity to hear both the Touring and the Stingers in person. I keep bouncing back and forth between the two. None the car shows I go to have late model 3.7L Mustangs. Anyone around eastern Mass or southern NH area with Shortys and Borla axle backs, without x-pipe?
Old 07-10-2014, 09:07 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

I did not modify the mid pipe, but did install mufflers only today, and new tips.

Wow it sounds good! Not raspy like so many systems out there, nice and deep, definitely close enough to pass for V8 sound in most anybody's book, unless a total motorhead geek like most of us are, LOL, but would definitely fool 98% of most any crowd.

Magnaflow Competition Mufflers part number 14415 that are 14 inch round body, 2.25 in and out, along with with Different Trend 24113c Polished Stainless 4 inch double wall slant beveled cut tips that just could not look any better.

I could not be happier with how looks, how it sounds, and how it all turned out!

Thanks to all who pitched in with great info, many thanks!

GT 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:53 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
As everyone else have said, you cant go wrong with the borla-s, definitely turns heads.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:19 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I sure wish I had an oppurtunity to hear both the Touring and the Stingers in person. I keep bouncing back and forth between the two. None the car shows I go to have late model 3.7L Mustangs. Anyone around eastern Mass or southern NH area with Shortys and Borla axle backs, without x-pipe?

I have the set up your looking for and trust me when I say it's an orgasmic sound.. Great combination but I'm far far far far south lol
Old 07-11-2014, 04:05 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I live in mass and I have Mac ceramic shorty and borla touring axle back. I love the sound of mine since I'm not looking for loud exhaust, just deep smooth sound but if I gunned it., it roars.
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:40 PM   #53

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
I live in mass and I have Mac ceramic shorty and borla touring axle back. I love the sound of mine since I'm not looking for loud exhaust, just deep smooth sound but if I gunned it., it roars.
touring is nice as well, same 4.5" beautifully polished tips. imho, can't go wrong with any borlas.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:51 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sounds like what I'm after.
Are you located any where close to the north eastern part of the state?
Old 07-11-2014, 04:59 PM   #55

Diehard, seems like we have a similar stang, except mine is a 2013 manual.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:11 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Diehard, seems like we have a similar stang, except mine is a 2013 manual.

Funny...I didn't know they had different exhaust sounds between the auto and the manual.
I love it.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:47 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sounds like what I'm after.
Are you located any where close to the north eastern part of the state?
I live in leominster.. The boring part of the state lol.. Where you at? I have a video of my car just look up my threads this is right after I installed the headers..
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:15 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's how my single tip GT500 mufflers sound! Great
burble at cruising speed/light acceleration, and an absolute exotic roar under WOT! For fraction of the price of Borla stingers. I can only imagine how they nice they would sound when paired with shorties.

Quote:

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:26 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I live in leominster.. The boring part of the state lol.. Where you at? I have a video of my car just look up my threads this is right after I installed the headers..
I'm in North Reading. Maybe an hour away.
Saw your video. Your car sounds great.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:33 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
That's how my single tip GT500 mufflers sound! Great
burble at cruising speed/light acceleration, and an absolute exotic roar under WOT! For fraction of the price of Borla stingers. I can only imagine how they nice they would sound when paired with shorties.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Yeah...I've seen a couple of videos with the GT500 muffler. Only thing that's stopping me to consider that is the size difference. Don't want to get into any cutting/welding stuff. Just want to do it myself.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:20 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
GT500 mufflers FTW!!!!

I just purchased mines and cant wait to install them .

Sound is similar to borla s type but with more rumble, like the gt500.

Go to you tune and search for mustang v6 gt500 mufflers.

Ranger052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:06 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah...I've seen a couple of videos with the GT500 muffler. Only thing that's stopping me to consider that is the size difference. Don't want to get into any cutting/welding stuff. Just want to do it myself.
Trust me they will be worth going to a shop and paying 60-80 bucks for welds. All they have to do it swap the inlet pipes from your stock exhausts and then basically they will bolt right up.

Or here's another tip: take off your stockers, go to a welding/exhaust shop and ask em to put the stock pipes from these mufflers onto your gt500 ones. At least this way you can still install em yourself and save up on instalation money.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:34 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger052 View Post
GT500 mufflers FTW!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
Trust me they will be worth going to a shop and paying 60-80 bucks for welds. All they have to do it swap the inlet pipes from your stock exhausts and then basically they will bolt right up.

Or here's another tip: take off your stockers, go to a welding/exhaust shop and ask em to put the stock pipes from these mufflers onto your gt500 ones. At least this way you can still install em yourself and save up on instalation money.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Thanks for the Info and tips!
Decisions, decisions!
Old 07-12-2014, 09:32 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

I want to buy borla s-type too(after watching many utube videos) but before that want to hear them in person, unfortunately, I could not find a v6 mustang equipped with it around MA...
dibstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:49 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I just recently put the Roush Axel Backs on mine. It definitely woke it up.

rlapointjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:01 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlapointjr View Post

I sold mines to get GT500 Axle Back, Loved the sound of roush but hated the extra vibrations and drone inside the car.
Old 07-13-2014, 12:16 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
BORLA ATAK ALL THE WAY ha I love mine I have a vert and just love putting the top down and turn off the radio and cruise it's great they are nice and quiet when cruising and when that ricer comes up just drop the gear and let them have it I plan on doing the Borla x pipe and long tube but been debating back and forth if I want long tube or shorties I love it loud
Old 07-13-2014, 10:54 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger052 View Post
GT500 mufflers FTW!!!!

Don't you have to get a GT500 rear diffuser as well for the axle backs?
Old 07-13-2014, 11:53 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlapointjr View Post

+1

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:17 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Don't you have to get a GT500 rear diffuser as well for the axle backs?

Nope, i got 2012 gt500 mufflers

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

They cost 300 brand new at AM

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust