Bit the bullet and.. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-27-2014, 06:37 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Bit the bullet and..

Went back to stock ride height today. Suspension couldn't handle the lowered stance anymore, and I'm f***ing done with shops beating me around the bush on my camber and giving me excuses to why they can't achieve accurate numbers. When the last shop I went to said that I needed to cut and grind away at my strut housing for the cam bolts to have any effect, I was done.
Swapped springs and honestly, I was not disappointed. To me, it rides A LOT better. Even performance has changed significantly. I don't know how, but I can feel it. Dropped the car after reinstalling the springs and I saw what I've always wanted. Perfect camber, or, at least much better than the negative I've been riding around on. Even left the cam bolts in for the alignment shop to utilize, told them that there was NO excuse to achieve factory camber. They came back after looking at it, said I was able to get it within specs by just putting stock springs on, just a few adjustments to toe and caster, and now she drives like a beaut. This six month suspension battle is now over, shoulda done this weeks ago.
StolenSinner09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2014, 06:39 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
When you put the springs in did you change any other part of the suspension? Panhard bar for instance?

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:43 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I didn't, and that was my mistake that I realized months ago. I ordered it, but all that's going to do is center my axle, my main focus was the struts, they were just crying when I drove, again, I should have replaced those but I can't afford such parts right now. I'm going to put the panhard bar on when it gets here, and I kept the springs, so when I do eventually get more suspension parts, I'll do them all at once and do it right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2014, 06:46 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Bit the bullet and..

The thing with the S197 chassis is you can't just throw a set of springs on, like you said you found out. You need a bunch of supporting mods for it, once you can get all of the supporting mods on the car put the springs back in and you should see a big increase.

Also..... Ditch the camber bolts and just get plates.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Lesson learned. Maybe I'll just fake the funk, get some bigger wheels to fill up the empty wheel space and ground effect. Lol
Old 06-27-2014, 08:15 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Dude that sucks to hear. There are many that have done just springs and adjustable pan hard bar, not even camber bolts with zero problems, myself included. What was the drop? Who did you have do the install? My car rides beautifully considering I've only done springs and panhard bar. Confused.

2013 3.7 Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:47 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Dude that sucks to hear. There are many that have done just springs and adjustable pan hard bar, not even camber bolts with zero problems, myself included. What was the drop? Who did you have do the install? My car rides beautifully considering I've only done springs and panhard bar. Confused.

GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.

And I'm just as confused as you, I've read tons of reviews and threads where people have done the springs and panhard bar and zero problems, like you said. Again, my mistake was not getting the panhard bar to go with the initial install. I just got sick of the constant excuses shops where giving me about my front wheel alignment. "You put the bolts on the wrong hole" "you put them in backwards" "you need to cut away at your strut housing" "you need to buy our $350 caster plates" "you didn't buy the parts from us, we can't work on it"

The list goes on.

Six months I've fought this problem. All I put on was the SR performance lowering springs. 1 1/2" drop. And I've really that for just an 1" and a half drop, all you need to correct your camber was the bolts.

I did the install myself at a do-it-yourself shop on fort hood. I even had experts who worked there to help me. Everything was done by the book, took 7 hours. I took my time, making sure everything was correct. I just don't get why I had such sh***y effects after...
Old 06-27-2014, 10:19 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
When dropping the car more then 1" it's probably a good idea to invest in caster camber plates... camber bolts aren't gonna cut it dude

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:24 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Not true. SR springs gave me 1.4" drop, camber was -1.7° and camber bolts allow me to get as far as -0.5° which is in factory tolerance. If you are racing then I definitely agree with CC plates but for a DD camber bolts are fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 06-27-2014, 11:31 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

And I'm just as confused as you, I've read tons of reviews and threads where people have done the springs and panhard bar and zero problems, like you said. Again, my mistake was not getting the panhard bar to go with the initial install. I just got sick of the constant excuses shops where giving me about my front wheel alignment. "You put the bolts on the wrong hole" "you put them in backwards" "you need to cut away at your strut housing" "you need to buy our $350 caster plates" "you didn't buy the parts from us, we can't work on it"

The list goes on.

Six months I've fought this problem. All I put on was the SR performance lowering springs. 1 1/2" drop. And I've really that for just an 1" and a half drop, all you need to correct your camber was the bolts.

I did the install myself at a do-it-yourself shop on fort hood. I even had experts who worked there to help me. Everything was done by the book, took 7 hours. I took my time, making sure everything was correct. I just don't get why I had such sh***y effects after...
Old 06-27-2014, 11:35 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Sport bout the duplicate repost. iPhones suck.

---------- Post added at 04:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 AM ----------

Sorry*
Again. iPhones suck.

---------- Post added at 04:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------

Sorry*
Again. iPhones suck.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang