Bama Race tune as DD - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-01-2014, 01:07 PM   #36
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
From what don told me at bama, they were putting the hybrid aspects into the basic race tune. So the race tune is the hybrid essentially

The original... Boss 227!
Excellant, good to know. Thanks for clearing that up
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2014, 03:19 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Hey! 100% My fault and I didn't meant for my response to come off convuluted in any way. We received so many requests for this that we decided to pick the best aspects from what this tune was and have them merged into our current Street, Performance, and Race tunes. Rest assured the tunes will make your car come alive and I don't want you to be hung up on this hybrid business! Let me know if you have any other questions and if you don't have our discount code shoot me a PM!

Alex
As I understand it, the Race Tune is the most aggressive of the three tunes. Now with the best aspects from the Hybrid Tune added to the others, what is a general description of the Street Tune vs. the Performance Tune? For example what are their respective strong points when considering between the two?
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:46 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
What's the concern for shortys in Mass? I just installed BBKs on my new '04 with the understanding that they were 50 state legal and didn't cause any problems.
I did them first and have an automatic so can't say I've noticed much of anything yet. (I'm in Mass!)
Not sure but coming from California im pretty cautious. I just want to make aure I can pass this State inspection. Apparently they can write you a traffic violation for not having front plates?! Cali they just give you a hard time or write you a fix it ticket which doesnt affect your driving record.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2014, 08:25 AM   #39
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
Alex;
Thanks for your informative response and that all makes perfect sense. To be clear, I wasn't "hung up on this hybrid business", but what interested me about it, and made it fairly popular, is the hybrid tune appeared to have the best of the 3 tunes in a single tune - easier to deal with - one tune and you're done. Anyway, thanks for clearing that up for us
MD-You're very welcome-Sorry I wasn't clear before, I didn't mean to shoot an answer out that sounded like a riddle! Let me know if you have any other questions, I'm always here to help out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedG View Post
So........ should I replace my current Hybrid 93 tune? Is there a better option now available?
Ted-As long as you're happy with your current tune I wouldn't see the need to do so. We eliminated the tune because we wanted to have the best aspects incorporated into our current Street, Performance, and Race tune. Again-It wouldn't think you would need to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
From what don told me at bama, they were putting the hybrid aspects into the basic race tune. So the race tune is the hybrid essentially
The original... Boss 227!
That's pretty spot on-We again wanted to take the best aspects from this tune and have them merged into the current lineup to make sure that everyone is making the best power possible.

If anyone has any other questions don't hesitate to let me know or shoot Bama a call-We're always here to help out.

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:27 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

I dont know, I have had nothing but trouble with bama tune for my 2012 v6. Knocking and jerking from 1st to 2nd gear. Had them rewrite tune 4 times and all they did was soften the hell out of it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
tthompson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:45 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthompson79 View Post
I dont know, I have had nothing but trouble with bama tune for my 2012 v6. Knocking and jerking from 1st to 2nd gear. Had them rewrite tune 4 times and all they did was soften the hell out of it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Do you have an automatic?
Old 07-04-2014, 11:01 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
I have the Bama tune as well. I had my street tune set for 91 octane, and both performance and race tunes set for 93 octane, out of all three I prefer and use the 93 Race tune as a DD. couldn't be happier with the difference it made with the smoothness of the engine. it used to hickup around 3500-4000 rpms but all 3 tunes seemed to fix the problem. much better throttle response as well. MPT may be better but dont be bumed if you already spent the money on the Bama. its still worth it in my opinion.
2012 V6 manual.
Cold Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:48 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Just loaded my 91race tune and I do feel a little more power in higher RPM range, and a little better throttle response I'll try data logging soon !

2013 Black 3.7 V6
_nathannnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:06 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Do you notice a difference between 87 Street and 91 street?
Old 08-07-2014, 12:19 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Do you notice a difference between 87 Street and 91 street?
A 91 Street tune is like a woman getting larger breasts and going size B cup. It defeats the purpose. 87 Street makes sense and is good. 91 Octane, get R or at least a P tune from AM. The idea behind higher octane fuel is to maximize a cars power. Am's street tune is the least aggressive of their tunes so why put 91 Octane with a least aggressive tune?

Sent from my naked Johnson. The thrid real non Boss 227
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:24 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Run 91 or 93 with a performance or race tune. Those shouldn't be with street tunes, only street tune should be 87.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:29 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Run 91 or 93 with a performance or race tune. Those shouldn't be with street tunes, only street tune should be 87.
You good sir are correct!

Old 08-07-2014, 02:42 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Too many names for all these minor changes in tunes. That is what freaking confuses the crap out of people.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:48 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf stang View Post
Too many names for all these minor changes in tunes. That is what freaking confuses the crap out of people.
Lmao

Old 08-07-2014, 03:13 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I want a 87 Performance Hybrid Street/Race tune that will smoke the tires but get me the best possible MPG but it has to sound like it has a cam but shift buttery smooth. Oh did I mention I want it to give me 50 hp to the wheels. Now get to it.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:24 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf stang View Post
I want a 87 Performance Hybrid Street/Race tune that will smoke the tires but get me the best possible MPG but it has to sound like it has a cam but shift buttery smooth. Oh did I mention I want it to give me 50 hp to the wheels. Now get to it.
Make that 2 please but i want a 88 octane tune . Hop to it Bama. Ha ha ha ha

Old 08-07-2014, 04:13 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
A 91 Street tune is like a woman getting larger breasts and going size B cup. It defeats the purpose. 87 Street makes sense and is good. 91 Octane, get R or at least a P tune from AM. The idea behind higher octane fuel is to maximize a cars power. Am's street tune is the least aggressive of their tunes so why put 91 Octane with a least aggressive tune?

I'm more than aware what these tunes are for Kona.
I just ment as a general speaking of the tunes based on their differences in octaine rating. Either way my point is I remember pre-Hybrid tune that their 87 performance and 91 performance tune didn't do much for me in terms of feeling any difference. As a result I just stuck with the race tune for over a year and a half, then got the Hybrid and really liked that for a while. Now I hear these new tunes are like night and day when just comparing 87 and 91 tunes of the same type.
Now that I'm in a state with 93 I plan on loading a couple to test the difference I feel from my current 87 tunes.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:37 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
For me, the race tune was a little "jumpy" around town. I currently run the street tune. It feels better to me for daily driving. Oh and I run 93 octane.

Jeremy
Old 08-07-2014, 07:38 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
I'm more than aware what these tunes are for Kona.
I just ment as a general speaking of the tunes based on their differences in octaine rating. Either way my point is I remember pre-Hybrid tune that their 87 performance and 91 performance tune didn't do much for me in terms of feeling any difference. As a result I just stuck with the race tune for over a year and a half, then got the Hybrid and really liked that for a while. Now I hear these new tunes are like night and day when just comparing 87 and 91 tunes of the same type.
Now that I'm in a state with 93 I plan on loading a couple to test the difference I feel from my current 87 tunes.
Ba ha ha ha. Lol.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:31 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Difference in BAMA Tunes

As far as I am concerned, BAMA and/or AM should have some sort of write-up attempting to describe, in detail, what to expect from their Tunes and the differences between them. I guess they feel it's not in their best interest to get into that level of detail.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:32 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

In a nut she'll it's, " What to expect over stock:
Street = fast

Performance = Faster

Race = Fastest :thumbup:"

Then you choose your octaine....
Wow...i just reread the thread and this has gone way past what the OP asked, lol.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:24 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Surprised no one jumped all over ponie for running 93 octane on a street tune.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:17 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
93 OCTANE on street tune is just plain old silly.

Remember, It's like having B cup breast implants.

Old 08-09-2014, 06:47 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That sure was a huge bus you just threw me under lmao!

Jeremy
Old 08-09-2014, 07:20 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
That sure was a huge bus you just threw me under lmao!

Jeremy
All aboard the bus. Next stop. Running over ponie. Ba ha ha ha ha

Old 08-09-2014, 07:59 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
All aboard the bus. Next stop. Running over ponie. Ba ha ha ha ha

Hahahaha too funny!
I've been running 93 ever since I read an article (one of the popular Mustang mags I believe) that showed a 6 rwhp gain (dyno proven) by just switching from 87 to 93. Now, does a tune make up for that? I have no idea. It'd be nice if we could see dyno results of each tune and each octane. Be tough to do, but would be some really good info.

Jeremy

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang