BAMA service - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-10-2014, 06:16 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
AJcruz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: OKC
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 503
See Dan this is the awful customer service I was talking about with Bama. It wasn't this bad with me but I've seen this happen to many times on the forums with Bama and someone having problems with them. I have nothing but good customer service from A.M. and it seems like it's time for some in house training on CS with Bama. OP, I have had nothing but good customer service with MPT. You made the right choice.

Just ordered my first MPT tune.
AJcruz1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-10-2014, 06:26 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
OP- Glad to hear someone finally got in touch with you and you are getting compensated in some way. Also glad to hear you get a different tune that hopefully is a little stronger. And you ended up with (kind of ) a free MPT tune which is great.
I as well will be going with MPT, unless Bama can really work some magic and get back to their old ways.
Customer service is the most important thing to many people, especially when it comes to their beloved mustangs. We know AM cares, we also know Bama couldn't care less.... and that impression will take a lot of work to rectify.
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline  
Old 07-10-2014, 06:33 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
paintmann111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New London
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 549
I am in the same boat. Looking to get a tuner and tune in a few months and am now looking at MPT seriously. I am also looking a Steeda for a "safe" tune option. I bought my mustang in January of this year and from that time until now I've seen bama go from the go to option to not recommended. Everything I've bought from AM has been great, but since my car is a DD its scary to see some of the issues people are having with Bama. Sure, if my car wasn't a DD I could stand to wait a few days to iron out problems, but I can't afford to have my car not run well from the get go.
paintmann111 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-10-2014, 06:50 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
ArtU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NW Ohio
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMustang12 View Post
I am so happy i went with MPT. I haven't received any calls yet. This shows the BAMA service. Good luck Alex and Dan on getting BAMA to call me. Absolutely Ridiculous.
I had the same problem when BAMA came out with the Diablo early last year, with lean codes. AM Was great and gave me a SCT3 in replacement for it. It worked great. However as time went on it seems that BAMA is overloaded and several techs are video game jockies, except one that I talked to that really knew and understood tunes.[mike?]I would get bad files that would not load, missing issues in comments like factory rev limiters must be left in place (If you don't know FoMoCo black boxes over speed events, that is what they are very concerned with in warrentee, over rev/speed/timing/lean events)

So I got a Steeda safe tune and MPT rad performance tune on my past 2013 V6. Both did just what they say they would do, and when I asked for a slight change, they read my comments and actually did the changes. MPT was even 2 extra questions on my request for factory rev limiters just to be sure they did what I wanted, as with their rad tune, they had to feather down their shift table "custom" for me. I think the issue is Bama is now fast food, not gourmet choice. I don't want fark ups in files and tables in my past 25-32K car or my 30K-38K car. Its not an Xbox i'm playing with and hacking CPU and memory mods.

I Love AM and they are great and I am on my second 2013 mustang in two years and buy all the parts I need that AM sells from AM, they are great.

But I want to tell them, slow down the BAMA fast food line and get the tunes under control....
ArtU is offline  
Old 07-10-2014, 07:00 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
OP, thanks for the heads up. Been looking at tunes and I can now cross a brand off my list. Sorry you have had the trouble, but your advice is well taken, and the final nail in the coffin for bama(in my book). There are too many tuner services to go through all of this, and the response of paying for that tune? Why, when you will still be safer/better off with the MPT? Lol

Sent from my XT1049 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline  
Old 07-10-2014, 09:05 PM   #41
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
MustangDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lake Forest
Region: California
Posts: 726
How about this:
American Muscle cuts Bama loose and makes a deal with MPT as their go-to tuner.
Perfection
__________________
2013 V6 Auto Premium | Sterling Gray | Pony/Comfort/Security Packages
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is online now  
Old 07-10-2014, 09:22 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
AJcruz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: OKC
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
How about this:

American Muscle cuts Bama loose and makes a deal with MPT as their go-to tuner.

Perfection

Arnold voice: "DO IT!" Now!
AJcruz1 is offline  
Old 07-10-2014, 10:02 PM   #43
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
MustangDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lake Forest
Region: California
Posts: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
Arnold voice: "DO IT!" Now!
Arnold voice: "Hasta la vista, baby."
__________________
2013 V6 Auto Premium | Sterling Gray | Pony/Comfort/Security Packages
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is online now  
Old 07-10-2014, 11:47 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
7,000 miles to go before I get a tune. I'm really excited. But not for Bama. Thanks, OP, for sharing your misery and informing your fellow consumers. This is what capitalism is all about! Sorry you had to go through this, I do hope it gets resolved soon. But it will take a heroic effort by Bama to change the minds of whoever read this thread.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline  
Old 07-11-2014, 07:18 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ann Arbor
Region: Michigan
Posts: 189
Well thank you everyone for their support. Well Bama has to realize that we live in an age where internet is an integral part of our lives and about 70% of Mustang owners might be following mustang forums. They just cant ignore people or be rude and cold every or anytime they want. There are plenty of better tuners that we can opt for and threads like these can certainly cause their reputation to go down the drain. If they are giving free tunes get few more employees to work on it and before they release the new tunes that they are talking about they need to fix their customer service.

Shakespere said, "Whats in a name?". Bama or MPT ? We like the name MPT better.
FordMustang12 is offline  
Old 07-11-2014, 09:15 AM   #46
Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Malvern, PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
They need some new employees. I will be taking my business elsewhere. I was going to purchase a bama tuner next month, as was my uncle for his mustang. We will go with MPT or wait to see if Bama gets their s%$t straight... which I doubt they will after reading this. That's $800 to their competition, and like I said that number will QUICKLY go up... still can't fathom that a business could treat a customer this poorly... I get a day or two delay but weeks?! I would demand a refund or some compensation for having to endure this.. they should at least attempt to make it right, not ignore you...
Grabber-I'll tell you what-I'm happy to send you an SF4 with our newest tunes and if you don't like it we'll cover the shipping and have it returned no questions asked and If you like it we'll have it sold with a steep discount. You mentioned $800 worth, were you looking for a kit with an intake?? Shoot me a PM and I'll have this set up if you're interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Imagine the Bama guy doesn't contact him AGAIN? lol. Or calls him and isn't polite\apologetic? If that was me I would FLIP out. I hope he gets compensated somehow, like a coupon or free tunes or something. Hoping for the best for the OP.
We did have our lead calibrator contact OP last evening to get him set up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
Right now, this is a big friggen thorn in AM's side. I've been watching Bama slide since I bought my Mustang last April of '13, and now it appears to have slipped off the ledge. I do know one thing, customers usually vote with their stongest tool, their wallet. At $400 a pop, this can get costly to AM. I just don't think it's right that Bama should be able to hurt AM and the OP in such an irresponsible way
I 100% agree with you-We're in the process of overhauling a lot of aspects with Bama as we speak and this was a massive miscommunication on our end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I have noticed the same thing. More and more complaints about Bama come up everyday. They are almost at the point when asked what tune should I get, the response is "anything but bama". From poor customer service to weak tunes, I haven't heard a positive thing about them in a very long time. I love AM, they are the only people I buy from for my mustang. Its a shame that they are associated with Bama and have to apologize for them. Idk if its different employees or they're just not up to scratch anymore, it sure is disappointing though, and you have to feel bad for people who thought they would be getting AM-level customer service and product, and instead are stuck with this.
Grabber-Again just to touch on this we're overhauling a lot of variables on business here from the customer service aspect to the tunes themselves. We're here to ensure that our customers are having the best experience possible and I would personally bend over backwards to make sure that you're happy with our parts and service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
Man, you hit the nail square on the head. You said exactly what I've been thinking for quite some time. Excellent observation
I hope AM can get Bama's act together, but I'm still going with MPT!
I would personally assure you that we're in the process of changing a lot of the day to day operations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMustang12 View Post
Okay here's an update. I finally received a call from bama and it was not mike Wilson it was Paul and he said he is pretty new there as a lead calibrator. They are changing their tunes and they should be able to get it right. He said he will compensate me by getting crediting me 75$ that I paid for the mpt tune.

He said he will send me a tune by tomorrow or Monday and then I can give him a feedback since it is a beta version and it is not yet released to public. I will keep you guys updated.
I spoke with Paul and he had said we're going to be getting you set up with a new batch of tunes and we're going to knock your socks off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
See Dan this is the awful customer service I was talking about with Bama. It wasn't this bad with me but I've seen this happen to many times on the forums with Bama and someone having problems with them. I have nothing but good customer service from A.M. and it seems like it's time for some in house training on CS with Bama. OP, I have had nothing but good customer service with MPT. You made the right choice.

Just ordered my first MPT tune.
AJ-I agree-I don't know where the disconnect was or how it occurred but this is not how we operate here. We're here to help and the miscommunication was pretty paramount in this instance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
OP- Glad to hear someone finally got in touch with you and you are getting compensated in some way. Also glad to hear you get a different tune that hopefully is a little stronger. And you ended up with (kind of ) a free MPT tune which is great.
I as well will be going with MPT, unless Bama can really work some magic and get back to their old ways.
Customer service is the most important thing to many people, especially when it comes to their beloved mustangs. We know AM cares, we also know Bama couldn't care less.... and that impression will take a lot of work to rectify.
Grabber-As I had said-I'm so confident that I'll send you a Tuner and CAI kit to test out-If you like it we'll have it sold at a discounted rate and if you don't I'll cover the return shipping back no questions asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintmann111 View Post
I am in the same boat. Looking to get a tuner and tune in a few months and am now looking at MPT seriously. I am also looking a Steeda for a "safe" tune option. I bought my mustang in January of this year and from that time until now I've seen bama go from the go to option to not recommended. Everything I've bought from AM has been great, but since my car is a DD its scary to see some of the issues people are having with Bama. Sure, if my car wasn't a DD I could stand to wait a few days to iron out problems, but I can't afford to have my car not run well from the get go.
Our tunes are incredibly safe-I've run them on both my 2 and 3V for a very long time and my cars been used extensively for development work. My car is a daily as well and I've had zero hiccups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post
I had the same problem when BAMA came out with the Diablo early last year, with lean codes. AM Was great and gave me a SCT3 in replacement for it. It worked great. However as time went on it seems that BAMA is overloaded and several techs are video game jockies, except one that I talked to that really knew and understood tunes.[mike?]I would get bad files that would not load, missing issues in comments like factory rev limiters must be left in place (If you don't know FoMoCo black boxes over speed events, that is what they are very concerned with in warrentee, over rev/speed/timing/lean events)

So I got a Steeda safe tune and MPT rad performance tune on my past 2013 V6. Both did just what they say they would do, and when I asked for a slight change, they read my comments and actually did the changes. MPT was even 2 extra questions on my request for factory rev limiters just to be sure they did what I wanted, as with their rad tune, they had to feather down their shift table "custom" for me. I think the issue is Bama is now fast food, not gourmet choice. I don't want fark ups in files and tables in my past 25-32K car or my 30K-38K car. Its not an Xbox i'm playing with and hacking CPU and memory mods.

I Love AM and they are great and I am on my second 2013 mustang in two years and buy all the parts I need that AM sells from AM, they are great.

But I want to tell them, slow down the BAMA fast food line and get the tunes under control....
Art- Sorry to hear about the trouble you had-I can't stress enough the changes that are being undertaken as we speak. Our tunes are being overhauled from top to bottom to ensure that our customers are beyond ecstatic with our product. We can absolutely make changes like these as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
7,000 miles to go before I get a tune. I'm really excited. But not for Bama. Thanks, OP, for sharing your misery and informing your fellow consumers. This is what capitalism is all about! Sorry you had to go through this, I do hope it gets resolved soon. But it will take a heroic effort by Bama to change the minds of whoever read this thread.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
You let me know when you're ready and I'll get you set up-I'm overly confident that you would be blown away with our product and If need be I can arrange to have you setup with a trail run just like I'm offering for grabber above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMustang12 View Post
Well thank you everyone for their support. Well Bama has to realize that we live in an age where internet is an integral part of our lives and about 70% of Mustang owners might be following mustang forums. They just cant ignore people or be rude and cold every or anytime they want. There are plenty of better tuners that we can opt for and threads like these can certainly cause their reputation to go down the drain. If they are giving free tunes get few more employees to work on it and before they release the new tunes that they are talking about they need to fix their customer service.

Shakespere said, "Whats in a name?". Bama or MPT ? We like the name MPT better.
We understand and I apologize again for the miscommunication on our end-I don't know where the break in the chain was but we're going to get you set up. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to let me know either here or PM.

"Once more into the breach, dear friends
__________________
Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline  
Old 07-11-2014, 09:43 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Thank you Alex I appreciate the offer and you AM guys on here going above and beyond as always. However, my warranty is not up yet (SOON!!!, so excited) so I can not tune it now. I am currently in a warranty battle with my dealer over a few things (Ford is getting involved and I am finally seeing solutions thank god), and the last thing I need to give them is an excuse to void me(tune). If the offer still stands in the future then I will gladly take you up on it. I'm glad Bama is overhauling, it needs to be done. Since 2012 I have always wanted a bama tune on my mustang, but in the past year or so that has changed. As myself and others stated, you guys go above and beyond for us and it is amazing. You shouldn't have to stick up for Bama though, it's not your guys fault! I hope they will follow in your example and learn from this and the other recent examples. Here's to hoping Bama gets it figured out, and thank you again for showing us forum guys love, you have won customers for life.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline  
Old 07-11-2014, 09:50 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ann Arbor
Region: Michigan
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post


We understand and I apologize again for the miscommunication on our end-I don't know where the break in the chain was but we're going to get you set up. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to let me know either here or PM.

"Once more into the breach, dear friends
Alex you have apologized enough for this even though its not yours or AM's fault. Thank you for all that you have done for me. You guys at AM are phenomenal when it comes to customer service. Thanks again.
FordMustang12 is offline  
Old 07-11-2014, 10:00 AM   #49
Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Malvern, PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Thank you Alex I appreciate the offer and you AM guys on here going above and beyond as always. However, my warranty is not up yet (SOON!!!, so excited) so I can not tune it now. I am currently in a warranty battle with my dealer over a few things (Ford is getting involved and I am finally seeing solutions thank god), and the last thing I need to give them is an excuse to void me(tune). If the offer still stands in the future then I will gladly take you up on it. I'm glad Bama is overhauling, it needs to be done. Since 2012 I have always wanted a bama tune on my mustang, but in the past year or so that has changed. As myself and others stated, you guys go above and beyond for us and it is amazing. You shouldn't have to stick up for Bama though, it's not your guys fault! I hope they will follow in your example and learn from this and the other recent examples. Here's to hoping Bama gets it figured out, and thank you again for showing us forum guys love, you have won customers for life.
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
You're very welcome-This thread and I aren't going anywhere fast so when you're ready you let me know! I'm the only Alex here. You're definitely going to see some big changes coming as well as a lot of cool projects coming down the line soon, so keep your eyes open. I'm a car guy by nature and I pride myself on being as helpful as possible. I hate to hear our customers having a bad time. If there's ever anything I can personally do for you to help out, hell, even if it's a question on something that wasn't even purchased here shoot me a PM. I have posts pushed to my phone and I'm pretty much an insomniac so I'll see it wherever I am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMustang12 View Post
Alex you have apologized enough for this even though its not yours or AM's fault. Thank you for all that you have done for me. You guys at AM are phenomenal when it comes to customer service. Thanks again.
You're very welcome- Don't hesitate to let me know if there's absolutely anything I can do or help out with in the interim or if you have any questions.

Laz
__________________
Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline  
Old 07-11-2014, 10:43 AM   #50
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
MustangDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lake Forest
Region: California
Posts: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMustang12 View Post
Alex you have apologized enough for this even though its not yours or AM's fault. Thank you for all that you have done for me. You guys at AM are phenomenal when it comes to customer service. Thanks again.
+1^^
__________________
2013 V6 Auto Premium | Sterling Gray | Pony/Comfort/Security Packages
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is online now  
Old 07-11-2014, 01:51 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
mikeygaga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Long Island
Region: New York
Posts: 556
I really feel bad for AM man. I cringe when I see threads like this because I hate that AM's name has to be associated with Bama. To be honest I personally don't think Bama is SO bad like everybody is saying though. Sometimes I think people here get that gang mentality going where everybody jumps in on them. They have their flaws, but I feel a lot of people like to rip on Bama just because its the "cool" thing to do. Sure i advocate for MPT alot on this forum but i enjoyed my Bama tunes for a while before I got the itch for more power and jumped to MPT. My hat goes off to Alex, Dan and the other AM guys on here for being so patient and doing their best to make everybody happy.
__________________
2016 GT- Lund tune, jlt intake, mbrp catback.
2014 3.7 - SOLD
mikeygaga is offline  
Old 07-11-2014, 02:15 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Alex, PM sent.
Mikey, I do see what you're saying about people ganging up on Bama. In my case however, I only imagined that being my car (which is my DD) and that would be unacceptable to me and I would be outraged. Maybe some cases and examples on here were unwarranted or brought up from frustration, but in this case the Service received by the OP is so horrible you would think it was a joke. I will take what you said into consideration however, and if Bama revamps their tunes I would try them before knocking them.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline  
Old 07-11-2014, 02:28 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
AJcruz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: OKC
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 503
No one's ganging up on them we are saying these things from experience and because they have crappy service and there tunes are sup par to everyone else. Do I think they will get it together..maybe...as I've seen this same thing happen on another forum about 4-5 months ago and A.M. said they were going to clean up Bama but here we are. Even after all this I MIGHT give them a try after A.M. works out the kinks because I really like A.M. and what they do for the Mustang community as a whole but it will be a few months before I do and I hope to see good reviews about Bama during that time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
AJcruz1 is offline  
Old 07-11-2014, 03:17 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
smurf stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,341
I think that Bama needs their own representation on these forums instead of an intermediary.


Who is the lead tuner?


Who is on that staff?
__________________
2016 VW GTI 2.0 Turbo

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline  
Old 07-11-2014, 03:30 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
AJcruz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: OKC
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf stang View Post
I think that Bama needs their own representation on these forums instead of an intermediary.


Who is the lead tuner?


Who is on that staff?
It's my understanding that they have all new staff within the last month or two but they are not new to tuning. Maybe the A.M reps will clarify.
AJcruz1 is offline  
Old 07-11-2014, 04:09 PM   #56
Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Malvern, PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygaga View Post
I really feel bad for AM man. I cringe when I see threads like this because I hate that AM's name has to be associated with Bama. To be honest I personally don't think Bama is SO bad like everybody is saying though. Sometimes I think people here get that gang mentality going where everybody jumps in on them. They have their flaws, but I feel a lot of people like to rip on Bama just because its the "cool" thing to do. Sure i advocate for MPT alot on this forum but i enjoyed my Bama tunes for a while before I got the itch for more power and jumped to MPT. My hat goes off to Alex, Dan and the other AM guys on here for being so patient and doing their best to make everybody happy.
Mikey-

Thanks for the kind comments-Again I want to stress that there was a large miscommunication here on our end and the chain had a sizable break. We're putting into place many initiatives as we speak to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Alex, PM sent.
Mikey, I do see what you're saying about people ganging up on Bama. In my case however, I only imagined that being my car (which is my DD) and that would be unacceptable to me and I would be outraged. Maybe some cases and examples on here were unwarranted or brought up from frustration, but in this case the Service received by the OP is so horrible you would think it was a joke. I will take what you said into consideration however, and if Bama revamps their tunes I would try them before knocking them.
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Received and Replied-Running our tunes on my daily (You better believe I run my car in the snow!) I too would have a less than perfect taste in my mouth and I would be vocal. I'm here to make sure that this doesn't happen again and I can't stress this enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
No one's ganging up on them we are saying these things from experience and because they have crappy service and there tunes are sup par to everyone else. Do I think they will get it together..maybe...as I've seen this same thing happen on another forum about 4-5 months ago and A.M. said they were going to clean up Bama but here we are. Even after all this I MIGHT give them a try after A.M. works out the kinks because I really like A.M. and what they do for the Mustang community as a whole but it will be a few months before I do and I hope to see good reviews about Bama during that time.
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
It's a public forum and it's beneficial for everyone to voice their experiences. Not to sound like a broken record but we're in the process of making sizable changes and we have some very cool stuff in the pipeline. I'd love for you to give us a try and if you're going to shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do to help out every step of the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf stang View Post
I think that Bama needs their own representation on these forums instead of an intermediary.
Who is the lead tuner?
Who is on that staff?
Smurf-We've previously and will continue to represent Bama across the forums as needed and to answer Aj's comment below we still have some of the original tuners here that have consistently made power. We did recently bring on a new lead calibrator as the OP had mentioned. We will not bring on tuning specialists that don't have their feet wet!
__________________
Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline  
Old 07-11-2014, 08:03 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Chicago
Region: Illinois
Posts: 147
Does anything with the letters "Bama" in it work as promised?
chitownpete is offline  
Old 07-11-2014, 08:30 PM   #58
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
MustangDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lake Forest
Region: California
Posts: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownpete View Post
Does anything with the letters "Bama" in it work as promised?
Oh Dude, let's not go there. One Bama on this thread is more than enough to deal with, but I hear ya, LOL
__________________
2013 V6 Auto Premium | Sterling Gray | Pony/Comfort/Security Packages
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is online now  
Old 07-12-2014, 12:47 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular
 
mikeygaga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Long Island
Region: New York
Posts: 556
Alex,

When these revamped bama tunes are available, since I have free tunes for life from you guys does that mean I can try them for free? Thanks.
__________________
2016 GT- Lund tune, jlt intake, mbrp catback.
2014 3.7 - SOLD
mikeygaga is offline  
Old 07-13-2014, 12:54 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
mrcronin04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Peru
Region: Illinois
Posts: 28
Felt like this was the proper place to post my issue. Just received my 93 tunes for my 2012 V6. After installing my tune I drove it for about a day and went to fill up.

Left the car running as I pumped and it started to die. It would idle at 650-700 and then drop to around 300-400. Then bounce up to around 900-1000, sit again around 650-700 and drop again.

Could this be due to bad tunes?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2012 Performance Package V6
Airaid CAI
93R BAMA tune
14.432 @ 103.34 mph
First time ever running a 1/4 this was my second pass. 60' times were pretty high. Will only get better with practice!
mrcronin04 is offline  
Old 07-13-2014, 01:16 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
You left your car running.... as you filled it up with gasoline....? Not the best idea. I know there is only a small chance of something going wrong, but still...not the best idea. Always turn it off, fill up, then turn back on. Safe as possible for yourself and others. What do you mean it started to die? Battery? Or your RPMs dropped and climbed and thats what you mean by die. It sometimes happens on a small-scale range, and putting gas in while running may have contributed to that.
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline  
Old 07-13-2014, 01:23 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
mrcronin04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Peru
Region: Illinois
Posts: 28
RPMs would drop. Also did it at the 4 stoplights after I pulled out of the gas station.

Pulled over and went back to stock and it ran fine. So I changed it to my 87 street and it was fine.

I just didn't know if it could be "bad tunes" as you guys have been talking about in this thread. Not a huge car guy so my knowledge is limited. But it definitely felt like my preloaded 87 performance tune ran better than my 93 race tune that I got about a week after I received my X4 with the aforementioned 87 tunes on it.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2012 Performance Package V6
Airaid CAI
93R BAMA tune
14.432 @ 103.34 mph
First time ever running a 1/4 this was my second pass. 60' times were pretty high. Will only get better with practice!
mrcronin04 is offline  
Old 07-13-2014, 01:29 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
14mustang v6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: dallas tx
Region: Texas
Posts: 539
Lol did u put 93 octane in?

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2014 v6 blacked out.. the only way to do it. Airaid cai, bbk tb, 93htune, 3.73 gears, and magnaflow competition exhaust
14mustang v6 is offline  
Old 07-13-2014, 01:53 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcronin04 View Post
Felt like this was the proper place to post my issue. Just received my 93 tunes for my 2012 V6. After installing my tune I drove it for about a day and went to fill up.

Left the car running as I pumped and it started to die. It would idle at 650-700 and then drop to around 300-400. Then bounce up to around 900-1000, sit again around 650-700 and drop again.

Could this be due to bad tunes?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I'm gonna take a stab at this but do you have BBK long tube headers?

Sent from my little Johnson.
2011 Kona Blue is offline  
Old 07-13-2014, 02:10 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
mrcronin04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Peru
Region: Illinois
Posts: 28
Aweful BAMA service

No I put diesel in... Ha

No I do not. Only exhaust upgrade I have are Ford Racing axlebacks.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2012 Performance Package V6
Airaid CAI
93R BAMA tune
14.432 @ 103.34 mph
First time ever running a 1/4 this was my second pass. 60' times were pretty high. Will only get better with practice!
mrcronin04 is offline  
Old 07-13-2014, 06:43 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
AJcruz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: OKC
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 503
mrcronin04, is this a joke? why would you leave your car running while filling up with gas? I've never heard of anyone doing that. That's probably your issue.
AJcruz1 is offline  
Old 07-13-2014, 06:47 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
mrcronin04, is this a joke? why would you leave your car running while filling up with gas? I've never heard of anyone doing that. That's probably your issue.
+1 that's what I said. It's dangerous and irresponsible. It's like smoking while you fill up your tank. Not to mention bad for your car.
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline  
Old 07-13-2014, 07:05 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
 
mrcronin04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Peru
Region: Illinois
Posts: 28
Aweful BAMA service

Thanks guys for input on my question.

Very helpful.

2012 Performance Package V6
Ford Racing axleback
Airaid CAI
BAMA 93 performance tune
__________________
2012 Performance Package V6
Airaid CAI
93R BAMA tune
14.432 @ 103.34 mph
First time ever running a 1/4 this was my second pass. 60' times were pretty high. Will only get better with practice!
mrcronin04 is offline  
Old 07-14-2014, 01:13 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Hey guys, so I decided to take up Alex's offer and try the Bama tunes out for myself. Big thank you to him and the rest of the AM guys on here for always going above and beyond for us all on here. I had a quick and painless 10 minute phone conversation with Bama, the person who answered the phone was nothing but polite, and even helped me find the 4 digit computer code in my engine bay. I was pleasantly surprised by the experience. I told them I wanted something a little more aggressive than the 93R, comparable performance-wise to MPT, and he said he would inform the lead tuner and set something up for me. I am hoping it will be to my liking. I asked for an 87 street, 93 performance, and the 93 race with an extra kick in it. Hopefully I will be running the tunes this weekend. I will post a FULL review on my entire experience with Bama, their customer service, data logging, their tunes, basically the entire process. This will be to prove/disprove anything said about Bama on this forum, positive or negative. I'm hoping I will enjoy the tunes, as my phone conversation with them provided me with some hope, and I was pleasantly surprised by the customer service I received. Again, big shout out to Alex and AM, and look forward to my whole experience with Bama documentation being posted in the near future.
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline  
Old 07-14-2014, 01:24 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular
 
AJcruz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: OKC
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 503
That's awesome. Let us know if they have improved and from the sound of it they have. I wouldn't say there is anything to disprove per se but to see if everything is better. That being what you described. I really hope so.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
AJcruz1 is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bama race tune > bama hybrid tune 13 stang22 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 11 04-16-2013 06:26 PM
Check Fuel Cap & Service Engine Soon Light??????? mattstang Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 8 12-25-2006 02:33 PM
copy of the 98 service manual on CD Danger Dude Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 0 10-13-2003 08:09 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



10:11 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.