BAMA service - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-14-2014, 01:50 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ann Arbor
Region: Michigan
Posts: 189
Okay Guys, So i did receive a tune from Paul on Friday and used it over the weekend. I wanted to write a small review after driving it for a few days before judging it. The new beta tune seems pretty good. It is linear and the issues such as rpm lagging between 2-3.5k, surge, different and weird exhaust note is no longer there.

However the tune seems to be on the weaker side as compared to MPT. MPT pulls much stronger. I'm working with the lead calibrator on fixing this or making it better. I did send him a data log today. The new tune is much much better as compared to the older ones. Rpm does not jitter as much as it would with earlier BAMA tunes.
FordMustang12 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-14-2014, 01:59 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMustang12 View Post
Okay Guys, So i did receive a tune from Paul on Friday and used it over the weekend. I wanted to write a small review after driving it for a few days before judging it. The new beta tune seems pretty good. It is linear and the issues such as rpm lagging between 2-3.5k, surge, different and weird exhaust note is no longer there.

However the tune seems to be on the weaker side as compared to MPT. MPT pulls much stronger. I'm working with the lead calibrator on fixing this or making it better. I did send him a data log today. The new tune is much much better as compared to the older ones. Rpm does not jitter as much as it would with earlier BAMA tunes.
Good! Glad to see you got a decent tune. I'm hoping mine will be good after a bit of data-logging. Bama tunes may not be as powerful as MPT, but for a lot of people, they don't want/need as strong as MPT goes, Bama is enough. I have an airaid CAI, FR x-pipe, AB's, and 3.31 gears. If my car made 280 HP to the RW I would be happy. Throw in headers and that's a pretty well-rounded set up, hopefully making 290 HP. Maybe with MPT it would hit 300? Not to sure. I definitely will datalog and get the most out of the Bama tunes as possible for a few weeks during my trial period to see what they are capable of.
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline  
Old 07-14-2014, 02:00 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular
 
smurf stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Smurf-We've previously and will continue to represent Bama across the forums as needed and to answer Aj's comment below we still have some of the original tuners here that have consistently made power. We did recently bring on a new lead calibrator as the OP had mentioned. We will not bring on tuning specialists that don't have their feet wet!
I understand you guys got a new class in there. I was only asking as I am pretty sure anyone with the original Bama team is not there so was curious who is the lead tune writer.
__________________
2016 VW GTI 2.0 Turbo

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-14-2014, 02:06 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular
 
AJcruz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: OKC
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Good! Glad to see you got a decent tune. I'm hoping mine will be good after a bit of data-logging. Bama tunes may not be as powerful as MPT, but for a lot of people, they don't want/need as strong as MPT goes, Bama is enough. I have an airaid CAI, FR x-pipe, AB's, and 3.31 gears. If my car made 280 HP to the RW I would be happy. Throw in headers and that's a pretty well-rounded set up, hopefully making 290 HP. Maybe with MPT it would hit 300? Not to sure. I definitely will datalog and get the most out of the Bama tunes as possible for a few weeks during my trial period to see what they are capable of.
Full bolt-on 3.7s are dynoing around 290-300rwhp. This is with a good tune. With Ported intakes, Ported heads or any other extensive engine mod besides FI you could see 310-320rwhp. Also depends whether you are auto or manual as autos tend to dyno lower than manuals. I hope to just be at 300rwhp with the six.
AJcruz1 is offline  
Old 07-14-2014, 02:14 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
Full bolt-on 3.7s are dynoing around 290-300rwhp. This is with a good tune. With Ported intakes, Ported heads or any other extensive engine mod besides FI you could see 310-320rwhp. Also depends whether you are auto or manual as autos tend to dyno lower than manuals. I hope to just be at 300rwhp with the six.
Yeah I was hoping to be around 290. What other bolt-ons are included in full bolt ons? BBK throttle body? I have an automatic so I was figuring I would be about 10-15 HP lower but I would just add it on at the end since It would shift better than I could with a manual every time so it would be just as fast on the street. I am going to go with BBK shorty headers for the low end power (this car lacks it bad), but wasn't going to go with the throttle body because I was skeptical about the gains it would provide. No extensive engine mods for me for now until the warranty is up, and then I will just throw a procharger in it or turbo if there is a GOOD, REAL, AND READILY AVAILABLE turbo kit out for the 6 by then.
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline  
Old 07-14-2014, 02:55 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular
 
AJcruz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: OKC
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Yeah I was hoping to be around 290. What other bolt-ons are included in full bolt ons? BBK throttle body? I have an automatic so I was figuring I would be about 10-15 HP lower but I would just add it on at the end since It would shift better than I could with a manual every time so it would be just as fast on the street. I am going to go with BBK shorty headers for the low end power (this car lacks it bad), but wasn't going to go with the throttle body because I was skeptical about the gains it would provide. No extensive engine mods for me for now until the warranty is up, and then I will just throw a procharger in it or turbo if there is a GOOD, REAL, AND READILY AVAILABLE turbo kit out for the 6 by then.
Full bolt -on would be CAI, TB, Longtubes, O/R pipe, driveshaft and a good tune. Remember get air in and get air out as efficiently as possible to increase hp. The better your stang breathes the better it will perform. After market axle-backs will flow better but don't necessarily increase hp. Gears just give better off the line performance. You can come close to those numbers with shorties and a mid-pipe with high flow cats. If you want it to still sound good I would go with a H-pipe design or a good set of axle backs.
AJcruz1 is offline  
Old 07-14-2014, 03:01 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
Full bolt -on would be CAI, TB, Longtubes, O/R pipe, driveshaft and a good tune. Remember get air in and get air out as efficiently as possible to increase hp. The better your stang breathes the better it will perform. After market axle-backs will flow better but don't necessarily increase hp. Gears just give better off the line performance. You can come close to those numbers with shorties and a mid-pipe with high flow cats. If you want it to still sound good I would go with a H-pipe design or a good set of axle backs.
My next mod is going to be BBK shorty headers. I can't go OR x since I live in NY, I have the FR x instead. After that will be Borla AB's instead of my Pypes, and then I will see if I can get a used BBK throttle body, since the $400 pricetag is way too much IMO. After that will be lowering springs, adj, PH, upper/lower arms. Last will be driveshaft since I don't track my car and I don't drive over 90 ever in my car. I don't have any knowledge on what ported heads do or how to do them, but it seems to be good gains for not too much $.
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline  
Old 07-14-2014, 03:47 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular
 
AJcruz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: OKC
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
My next mod is going to be BBK shorty headers. I can't go OR x since I live in NY, I have the FR x instead. After that will be Borla AB's instead of my Pypes, and then I will see if I can get a used BBK throttle body, since the $400 pricetag is way too much IMO. After that will be lowering springs, adj, PH, upper/lower arms. Last will be driveshaft since I don't track my car and I don't drive over 90 ever in my car. I don't have any knowledge on what ported heads do or how to do them, but it seems to be good gains for not too much $.
You have a good list and plan so I would keep to ot. I got the TB used and in great condition for $300 so you can find them out there you just have to look. I believe it was off ebay. No ported heads cost quite a bit, ~$2K. Ported upper & lower intakes don't cost that much. About ~$350 after shipping if you takes yours off and install them after the work is done.
AJcruz1 is offline  
Old 07-14-2014, 03:59 PM   #79
Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Malvern, PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygaga View Post
Alex,

When these revamped bama tunes are available, since I have free tunes for life from you guys does that mean I can try them for free? Thanks.
Absolutely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcronin04 View Post
Felt like this was the proper place to post my issue. Just received my 93 tunes for my 2012 V6. After installing my tune I drove it for about a day and went to fill up.

Left the car running as I pumped and it started to die. It would idle at 650-700 and then drop to around 300-400. Then bounce up to around 900-1000, sit again around 650-700 and drop again.
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Hey-Please shoot us a call at 888.226.9764 if you're still experiencing any irregularities!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Hey guys, so I decided to take up Alex's offer and try the Bama tunes out for myself. Big thank you to him and the rest of the AM guys on here for always going above and beyond for us all on here. I had a quick and painless 10 minute phone conversation with Bama, the person who answered the phone was nothing but polite, and even helped me find the 4 digit computer code in my engine bay. I was pleasantly surprised by the experience. I told them I wanted something a little more aggressive than the 93R, comparable performance-wise to MPT, and he said he would inform the lead tuner and set something up for me. I am hoping it will be to my liking. I asked for an 87 street, 93 performance, and the 93 race with an extra kick in it. Hopefully I will be running the tunes this weekend. I will post a FULL review on my entire experience with Bama, their customer service, data logging, their tunes, basically the entire process. This will be to prove/disprove anything said about Bama on this forum, positive or negative. I'm hoping I will enjoy the tunes, as my phone conversation with them provided me with some hope, and I was pleasantly surprised by the customer service I received. Again, big shout out to Alex and AM, and look forward to my whole experience with Bama documentation being posted in the near future.
All PM's replied to-I'm happy to hear this again. I spoke with Pat and Paul as well and they're going to get you set up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMustang12 View Post
Okay Guys, So i did receive a tune from Paul on Friday and used it over the weekend. I wanted to write a small review after driving it for a few days before judging it. The new beta tune seems pretty good. It is linear and the issues such as rpm lagging between 2-3.5k, surge, different and weird exhaust note is no longer there.

However the tune seems to be on the weaker side as compared to MPT. MPT pulls much stronger. I'm working with the lead calibrator on fixing this or making it better. I did send him a data log today. The new tune is much much better as compared to the older ones. Rpm does not jitter as much as it would with earlier BAMA tunes.
Thanks for posting this- I'm happy to hear that he reached out to get a better idea on what was going on and that it's improved. I caught him briefly not long ago and I know he's piecing through what was sent over as we speak.

If anyone has any questions in the meantime please don't hesitate to let me know.

Alex
__________________
Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline  
Old 07-14-2014, 03:59 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
You have a good list and plan so I would keep to ot. I got the TB used and in great condition for $300 so you can find them out there you just have to look. I believe it was off ebay. No ported heads cost quite a bit, ~$2K. Ported upper & lower intakes don't cost that much. About ~$350 after shipping if you takes yours off and install them after the work is done.
Ah, my mistake, I guess I meant ported upper and lower intakes, not heads. Thank you for all the info.! It gave me a little more clarity in the direction I want to go with my build, and I will follow it and be patient instead of trying to get cheaper alternatives or stray from it.
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline  
Old 07-14-2014, 04:04 PM   #81
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
MustangDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lake Forest
Region: California
Posts: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Absolutely!



Hey-Please shoot us a call at 888.226.9764 if you're still experiencing any irregularities!



All PM's replied to-I'm happy to hear this again. I spoke with Pat and Paul as well and they're going to get you set up!



Thanks for posting this- I'm happy to hear that he reached out to get a better idea on what was going on and that it's improved. I caught him briefly not long ago and I know he's piecing through what was sent over as we speak.

If anyone has any questions in the meantime please don't hesitate to let me know.

Alex
Hey Alex, thank for all your support and help on the Bama subject. I've been following this thread with great interest and hope everything gets taken care of. Thanks for helping to get the tread back on track
__________________
2013 V6 Auto Premium | Sterling Gray | Pony/Comfort/Security Packages
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline  
Old 07-15-2014, 09:24 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Good! Glad to see you got a decent tune. I'm hoping mine will be good after a bit of data-logging. Bama tunes may not be as powerful as MPT, but for a lot of people, they don't want/need as strong as MPT goes, Bama is enough. I have an airaid CAI, FR x-pipe, AB's, and 3.31 gears. If my car made 280 HP to the RW I would be happy. Throw in headers and that's a pretty well-rounded set up, hopefully making 290 HP. Maybe with MPT it would hit 300? Not to sure. I definitely will datalog and get the most out of the Bama tunes as possible for a few weeks during my trial period to see what they are capable of.
My 3.7 makes 294 rwhp with my Bama 91 hybrid tune. My MPT tune makes 297 rwhp.

Sent from my little Johnson.
2011 Kona Blue is offline  
Old 07-15-2014, 10:16 AM   #83
Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Malvern, PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
Hey Alex, thank for all your support and help on the Bama subject. I've been following this thread with great interest and hope everything gets taken care of. Thanks for helping to get the tread back on track
All in a days work! I can't stress enough how I'm here to help out no matter what so if there's ever anything that I can ever help out with or if there's an issue, problem, or question with an order I want to hear about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
My 3.7 makes 294 rwhp with my Bama 91 hybrid tune. My MPT tune makes 297 rwhp.
KB-Good numbers and that's interesting-Was this on the same dyno? Same day? Same fuel?

Alex
__________________
Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline  
Old 07-15-2014, 10:56 AM   #84
ToP
Registered Member
Regular
 
ToP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: St. Louis
Region: Missouri
Posts: 126
Interesting thread. I almost pulled the trigger on the 3.73 gears + tuner kit from BAMA last month, but held off due to all the recent criticisms BAMA has received. Looking forward to seeing how BAMA's new tunes perform.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2014 v6

Airraid CAI | BBK Ceramic Shorty Headers | BBK Catted X-Pipe | Ford Racing Sport Axlebacks | GT/CS Spoiler | Black GT500 Stripes
ToP is offline  
Old 07-15-2014, 11:04 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToP View Post
Interesting thread. I almost pulled the trigger on the 3.73 gears + tuner kit from BAMA last month, but held off due to all the recent criticisms BAMA has received. Looking forward to seeing how BAMA's new tunes perform.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I'll let you know as soon as my tuner arrives in the mail. I will do a quick test on all the tunes this weekend and do a quick write up. Then I will pick my favorite one, datalog and work with them to see if they can actually get more out of it or they don't update it at all like some have said. I will add to the review as I work with Bama. Hopefully that will help you and other prospective buyers!
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline  
Old 07-15-2014, 11:13 AM   #86
ToP
Registered Member
Regular
 
ToP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: St. Louis
Region: Missouri
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I'll let you know as soon as my tuner arrives in the mail. I will do a quick test on all the tunes this weekend and do a quick write up. Then I will pick my favorite one, datalog and work with them to see if they can actually get more out of it or they don't update it at all like some have said. I will add to the review as I work with Bama. Hopefully that will help you and other prospective buyers!

It would be much appreciated! I just don't want to drop that much cash on something that offers little performance, or worse could harm the car. Really looking forward to getting your hands on thoughts.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2014 v6

Airraid CAI | BBK Ceramic Shorty Headers | BBK Catted X-Pipe | Ford Racing Sport Axlebacks | GT/CS Spoiler | Black GT500 Stripes
ToP is offline  
Old 07-15-2014, 11:41 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToP View Post
It would be much appreciated! I just don't want to drop that much cash on something that offers little performance, or worse could harm the car. Really looking forward to getting your hands on thoughts.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I'm in the same boat as you! Alex here was nice enough to offer me a free trial on the tuner and Bama tunes, so I am going to use the opportunity for the good of all. I have been on the fence about a tuner for a very long time, and I know that is the mod people have the most questions about. I've searched and searched for a "tell-all" on tuners, tunes, and Bama, but the info. is strewn across countless threads. So I will put my first-hand experience on everything involved in the tuning process, from customer service to tunes to tune updates and my thoughts on each step on here available for all. As I said before, I had a nice experience with bama's customer service when I called, so hopefully it keeps trending in that direction. I am excited to get the tuner. Any questions you have feel free to ask, and I will answer them to the best of my ability based on my experiences, and I am sure others will chime in!
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline  
Old 07-15-2014, 12:15 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
All in a days work! I can't stress enough how I'm here to help out no matter what so if there's ever anything that I can ever help out with or if there's an issue, problem, or question with an order I want to hear about it!



KB-Good numbers and that's interesting-Was this on the same dyno? Same day? Same fuel?

Alex
Alex, I love my bama tunes. The dyno was the same day and same 91 octane fuel. The only real difference in numbers was the rwtq. My hybrid pulled 268 rwtq. My Steeda and MPT tune pulled 276 rwtq. Not that I'm complaining about the numbers but just for conversation piece. I wonder is the new beta testing tunes are more powerful than your old hybrid tune?

Sent from my little Johnson.
2011 Kona Blue is offline  
Old 07-15-2014, 12:27 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ann Arbor
Region: Michigan
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Alex, I love my bama tunes. The dyno was the same day and same 91 octane fuel. The only real difference in numbers was the rwtq. My hybrid pulled 268 rwtq. My Steeda and MPT tune pulled 276 rwtq. Not that I'm complaining about the numbers but just for conversation piece. I wonder is the new beta testing tunes are more powerful than your old hybrid tune?

Sent from my little Johnson.
I did test the new beta tune. It did not seem to be more powerful than the hybrid tune but definitely refined and much better compared to the older tune. No more lag and surge issue. Rpm's rise linearly and no idle fluctuations that i've noticed.
FordMustang12 is offline  
Old 07-15-2014, 12:58 PM   #90
Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Malvern, PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToP View Post
Interesting thread. I almost pulled the trigger on the 3.73 gears + tuner kit from BAMA last month, but held off due to all the recent criticisms BAMA has received. Looking forward to seeing how BAMA's new tunes perform.
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I think you would be pleasantly surprised and as you can see our by our presence we want to make sure that our customers are happy with Bama's tunes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I'll let you know as soon as my tuner arrives in the mail. I will do a quick test on all the tunes this weekend and do a quick write up. Then I will pick my favorite one, datalog and work with them to see if they can actually get more out of it or they don't update it at all like some have said. I will add to the review as I work with Bama. Hopefully that will help you and other prospective buyers!
Thanks for keeping up in the loop! I'm pretty excited to hear your thoughts and see the write-up!

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Alex, I love my bama tunes. The dyno was the same day and same 91 octane fuel. The only real difference in numbers was the rwtq. My hybrid pulled 268 rwtq. My Steeda and MPT tune pulled 276 rwtq. Not that I'm complaining about the numbers but just for conversation piece. I wonder is the new beta testing tunes are more powerful than your old hybrid tune?

Sent from my little Johnson.
Ahh! Got ya! I just wanted to see and I'm sure you've seen me say it either here somewhere or on another thread but it's a public forum and the information should be there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMustang12 View Post
I did test the new beta tune. It did not seem to be more powerful than the hybrid tune but definitely refined and much better compared to the older tune. No more lag and surge issue. Rpm's rise linearly and no idle fluctuations that i've noticed.
I'm very happy to hear that it solved the lag and surge issues and there's no fluctuation. If something were to come up please let me know!

Alex
__________________
Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline  
Old 07-15-2014, 01:15 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
I love seeing where this thread is headed. I've been wanting information like this for a long time, like what Kona provided. Same car, same conditions, dyno numbers using different tunes. I'm excited to see results of these new bama tunes. Thanks for being test dummies for me, guys, haha. Grabber, is this the first time you've tuned your car, or do you have something to compare it to?

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline  
Old 07-15-2014, 01:39 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
I love seeing where this thread is headed. I've been wanting information like this for a long time, like what Kona provided. Same car, same conditions, dyno numbers using different tunes. I'm excited to see results of these new bama tunes. Thanks for being test dummies for me, guys, haha. Grabber, is this the first time you've tuned your car, or do you have something to compare it to?

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
This will be the first time that I have tuned my mustang. I will be making a write-up from the stand-point of those who want to go stock to tuned but are wary of what it involves and my experience with Bama and their tunes for all. Then I will compare the finished product from Bama to MPT and their process and my experience with them. I am hoping for weekly installments, since it will take a few days for tune updates and for me to get a real feel from them. I will answer questions anyone has daily (probably hourly, LOL), as well as any positive or negative experiences/tid bits I come across. I do not have a dyno available to me, but once I have my Bama tune how I want it and my MPT how I want it, I WILL dyno them both and see what the results are.
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline  
Old 07-15-2014, 01:54 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
This will be the first time that I have tuned my mustang. I will be making a write-up from the stand-point of those who want to go stock to tuned but are wary of what it involves and my experience with Bama and their tunes for all. Then I will compare the finished product from Bama to MPT and their process and my experience with them. I am hoping for weekly installments, since it will take a few days for tune updates and for me to get a real feel from them. I will answer questions anyone has daily (probably hourly, LOL), as well as any positive or negative experiences/tid bits I come across. I do not have a dyno available to me, but once I have my Bama tune how I want it and my MPT how I want it, I WILL dyno them both and see what the results are.
Sounds great! Thanks! You are doing us a great service.

Do you have an auto or manual? Reason I'm asking is that there is the adaptive shifting issue with autos, so as time passes and you change a tune, psychologically you might think the new tune is way better, but that's only because you got used to the old tune getting crappy because of adaptive shifting. So if you have an auto you should do that relay hack. If you have a stick, it's a moot point.
Sakib is offline  
Old 07-15-2014, 02:00 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Sounds great! Thanks! You are doing us a great service.

Do you have an auto or manual? Reason I'm asking is that there is the adaptive shifting issue with autos, so as time passes and you change a tune, psychologically you might think the new tune is way better, but that's only because you got used to the old tune getting crappy because of adaptive shifting. So if you have an auto you should do that relay hack. If you have a stick, it's a moot point.
I have an auto and I will do the Fuse 47 pull every Friday starting from the 2nd Friday. Today is Tuesday I am expecting to get the tuner by Thursday or Friday the latest. So next Friday I would do the first pull, or do the relay mod. I will be taking a nice road trip from Long Island to New Hampshire and back next Friday-Sunday, so that will be an awesome opportunity to show the MPGs I can achieve when tuned.
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline  
Old 07-15-2014, 02:35 PM   #95
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
MustangDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lake Forest
Region: California
Posts: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I have an auto and I will do the Fuse 47 pull every Friday starting from the 2nd Friday. Today is Tuesday I am expecting to get the tuner by Thursday or Friday the latest. So next Friday I would do the first pull, or do the relay mod. I will be taking a nice road trip from Long Island to New Hampshire and back next Friday-Sunday, so that will be an awesome opportunity to show the MPGs I can achieve when tuned.
Just a suggestion, but you may want to start a new thread for the write up, as the title of this thead is kinda on the nagative side. Maybe something like "Bama vs MPT - a freash start". Just a thought, but either way, I'll be following your write up with great interest. Thanks in advance
__________________
2013 V6 Auto Premium | Sterling Gray | Pony/Comfort/Security Packages
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline  
Old 07-15-2014, 02:40 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
Just a suggestion, but you may want to start a new thread for the write up, as the title of this thead is kinda on the nagative side. Maybe something like "Bama vs MPT - a freash start". Just a thought, but either way, I'll be following your write up with great interest. Thanks in advance
Thanks Mustangdawg that's a great idea. It will also be a lot easier to follow since this thread is already pretty long, and it will allow people a fresh start with out any of the info. contained in this thread. I will start the new thread as soon as my tuner arrives, hoping for Thursday or Friday the latest!
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline  
Old 07-15-2014, 02:42 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
Not to mention awful is spelled wrong. Annoys me every time I open this.
Sakib is offline  
Old 07-15-2014, 02:50 PM   #98
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
MustangDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lake Forest
Region: California
Posts: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Not to mention awful is spelled wrong. Annoys me every time I open this.
That's how bad the service was, it caused terminal misspelling
__________________
2013 V6 Auto Premium | Sterling Gray | Pony/Comfort/Security Packages
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline  
Old 07-15-2014, 03:28 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ann Arbor
Region: Michigan
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
That's how bad the service was, it caused terminal misspelling
Oops my bad. I did not write this from my notebook and spelled awful wrong
FordMustang12 is offline  
Old 07-15-2014, 03:33 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMustang12 View Post
Oops my bad. I did not write this from my notebook and spelled awful wrong
I guess it was such an "aweful experience that it was 'awe"-inspiring in its "aweful"-ness :p . No worries, I have made plenty a spelling/grammatical error on here as has literally anyone. The edit button is your friend. As are we all!
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline  
Old 07-15-2014, 03:40 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I guess it was such an "aweful experience that it was 'awe"-inspiring in its "aweful"-ness :p . No worries, I have made plenty a spelling/grammatical error on here as has literally anyone. The edit button is your friend. As are we all!
That makes sense, hah!

Yeah of course no worries, although I called it out, I don't really care. There are better places to be spelling/grammar Nazis than on internet forums (e.g. your own writing for work/professional purposes).
Sakib is offline  
Old 07-15-2014, 03:47 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
I think you would be pleasantly surprised and as you can see our by our presence we want to make sure that our customers are happy with Bama's tunes!



Thanks for keeping up in the loop! I'm pretty excited to hear your thoughts and see the write-up!

Alex



Ahh! Got ya! I just wanted to see and I'm sure you've seen me say it either here somewhere or on another thread but it's a public forum and the information should be there!



I'm very happy to hear that it solved the lag and surge issues and there's no fluctuation. If something were to come up please let me know!

Alex
Hi Alex,
I also have a surging issue. Are these new tunes available to all yet?

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline  
Old 07-16-2014, 06:38 AM   #103
Registered Member
Regular
 
14mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: New Port Richey
Region: Florida
Posts: 87
Just joined forum, and one of the main reasons was to research and prepare for CAI with tuner combo in 2014 V6 Manual. Google sends searchers here.


Seems this Bama tunes issue with manual V6's and Bama X4 is enough of an issue that I will now hold off on these upgrades from AM. Funny how one day you are ready to whip out your credit card, then the Internet resources stop you in time to rethink the entire plan. Now might just get the Airaid first, from different source (same prices everywhere anyway), and figure out the tune later. I'm sure AM and Bama will get things worked out, but thanks to users here sharing their stories, some owners might be spared short term grief.
14mayhem is offline  
Old 07-16-2014, 07:07 AM   #104
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mayhem View Post
Just joined forum, and one of the main reasons was to research and prepare for CAI with tuner combo in 2014 V6 Manual. Google sends searchers here.


Seems this Bama tunes issue with manual V6's and Bama X4 is enough of an issue that I will now hold off on these upgrades from AM. Funny how one day you are ready to whip out your credit card, then the Internet resources stop you in time to rethink the entire plan. Now might just get the Airaid first, from different source (same prices everywhere anyway), and figure out the tune later. I'm sure AM and Bama will get things worked out, but thanks to users here sharing their stories, some owners might be spared short term grief.
I'd do the opposite, get the tuner first, the CAI is just eye candy with sound anyways,. My SCT x3 works just fine, maybe look into one of those? Also their are other providers like steeda and MPT.

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline  
Old 07-16-2014, 07:21 AM   #105
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ann Arbor
Region: Michigan
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mayhem View Post
Just joined forum, and one of the main reasons was to research and prepare for CAI with tuner combo in 2014 V6 Manual. Google sends searchers here.


Seems this Bama tunes issue with manual V6's and Bama X4 is enough of an issue that I will now hold off on these upgrades from AM. Funny how one day you are ready to whip out your credit card, then the Internet resources stop you in time to rethink the entire plan. Now might just get the Airaid first, from different source (same prices everywhere anyway), and figure out the tune later. I'm sure AM and Bama will get things worked out, but thanks to users here sharing their stories, some owners might be spared short term grief.
Welcome to the forum. Just to make you aware that after you have about 30 posts on this forum you get 6% forum discount on parts from AM
FordMustang12 is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bama race tune > bama hybrid tune 13 stang22 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 11 04-16-2013 06:26 PM
Check Fuel Cap & Service Engine Soon Light??????? mattstang Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 8 12-25-2006 02:33 PM
copy of the 98 service manual on CD Danger Dude Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 0 10-13-2003 08:09 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



11:21 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.