BAMA service - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-16-2014, 07:30 AM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
I'd do the opposite, get the tuner first, the CAI is just eye candy with sound anyways,. My SCT x3 works just fine, maybe look into one of those? Also their are other providers like steeda and MPT.

A few things with CAI method coming first though. According to AM's youtube dyno video, tuner "or" CAI seems to be giving about the same power gains, with a slight (unnoticeable?) edge to tune. With a 2014 V6 manual, might be issues using X4 and a tune (as an electronic and computer tech, need latest techy versions of stuff that have longest expectant life to stay current). Warranty is less of a potential issue with CAI instead of tune. Wife wants more noise. Price is much lower for CAI. Eye candy. That is 6 things favoring CAI over tune for present configuration.

Now if I had an Auto V6, then a tune first would have more benefits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2014, 07:37 AM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
+1 that's what I said. It's dangerous and irresponsible. It's like smoking while you fill up your tank. Not to mention bad for your car.
As a sealed gas cap is part of the Fuel and Evaporation controls the computer takes care of, filling your car with the engine running can cause your computer to see things in the fuel system it does not expect; just like a missing gas cap will back when we still had real ones we could loose

Art
Old 07-16-2014, 07:40 AM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMustang12 View Post
Welcome to the forum. Just to make you aware that after you have about 30 posts on this forum you get 6% forum discount on parts from AM

Thanks. Hopefully by then any bugs will be worked out and I might use the discount for a tuner. Even without posts discount, they also offer $10 discount on $250 to anyone. Seeing as the CAI/Tuner combo does not offer any additional savings when buying both at same time, see no reason to get both now, when possibility exists that X4 tuner has issues with my V6 manual. But UPR has Airaid 450-265 CAI for less anyway (with free local pickup). The UPR combo package with tuner, CAI and o/r x-pipe started me on this journey of what should I do research..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2014, 08:40 AM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mayhem View Post
Thanks. Hopefully by then any bugs will be worked out and I might use the discount for a tuner. Even without posts discount, they also offer $10 discount on $250 to anyone. Seeing as the CAI/Tuner combo does not offer any additional savings when buying both at same time, see no reason to get both now, when possibility exists that X4 tuner has issues with my V6 manual. But UPR has Airaid 450-265 CAI for less anyway (with free local pickup). The UPR combo package with tuner, CAI and o/r x-pipe started me on this journey of what should I do research..
6% off 250 saves more money than 10 off 250.

Sent from my XT1049 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 07-16-2014, 08:56 AM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
6% off 250 saves more money than 10 off 250.

Sent from my XT1049 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

True, it would be $18 off of $300, or $282 (or $42 off CAI/Tuner combo). That's still more than the normal CAI from UPR price of $270, and don't need to wait to get post count up to 30 or 50 posts (although these threads are helping!) Impulse buying doesn't work if you need to wait. (EDIT: just read ordering terms at AM and even with post count, the 6% discount code does not apply to Airaid products due to manufacturer restrictions)

It is great AM is giving discounts to members and members should visit sponsors for purchases. But like Amazon free shipping to Prime members, sometimes you save more by skipping the deal.

Sorry to drift off topic a little. Still relates to how a company is perceived to handle customers with issues or products, and how that affects later potential customers. American Muscle is doing something you rarely see, jumping into the fire to help out customers in forums. Excellent start and perfect for the long haul. But todays purchases are being affected.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:23 AM   #111
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Hi Alex,
I also have a surging issue. Are these new tunes available to all yet?
We're more than happy to take a look and get a new batch sent over.! Shoot us a call at 888.226.9764 so we can get you some help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMustang12 View Post
Welcome to the forum. Just to make you aware that after you have about 30 posts on this forum you get 6% forum discount on parts from AM
In order to be eligible for the forums discount you're going to need 50 posts-

Please let me know if anyone has and questions and I'm here to help!
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 07-16-2014, 11:24 AM   #112
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Just joined forum, and one of the main reasons was to research and prepare for CAI with tuner combo in 2014 V6 Manual. Google sends searchers here. Seems this Bama tunes issue with manual V6's and Bama X4 is enough of an issue that I will now hold off on these upgrades from AM. Funny how one day you are ready to whip out your credit card, then the Internet resources stop you in time to rethink the entire plan. Now might just get the Airaid first, from different source (same prices everywhere anyway), and figure out the tune later. I'm sure AM and Bama will get things worked out, but thanks to users here sharing their stories, some owners might be spared short term grief.
Hey

Sorry to hear that some of the feedback you're seeing is steering you way from our tunes, I would guarantee you that you would be happy with your Bama Tunes! We tune more mustangs then anyone else in the market so you may see a little more feedback here. However as you can see I'm here making sure that everyone is take care of and more than satisfied with their tunes/orders. Our Bama team works very hard on our tunes and is continually improving them on a daily basis.

We're in the process of revamping our v6 tunes as we speak and I'm really impressed with what I've been seeing. There's nothing wrong with the old tunes and they're safe to run but they're ever changing and there's always going to be something new that we can bring to the table.

I'm so confident with our tunes that if you would like to try them out I would have you set up with CAI and BamaX4 Tuner on us to test out. If you don't like it we'll cover the shipping back, and the process wouldn't cost you a dollar. If you enjoy the setup as much as i think you will we'll chat about pricing and I'm make sure that you're taken care of at a deal you couldn't refuse.

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 07-16-2014, 11:29 AM   #113
Site Sponsor

Quote:
I'd do the opposite, get the tuner first, the CAI is just eye candy with sound anyways,. My SCT x3 works just fine, maybe look into one of those? Also their are other providers like steeda and MPT.

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
I definitely agree! I would go with the tuner first as well as it's going to really make the cold air come alive. Just the CAI isn't really that beneficial without the custom tune but it does have its perks. I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying your X3 I never had any issues with mine either. That device has been great for a long time!

There's a lot of great tuning companies out there and I think this gentleman would be really happy with a bama custom tune. I see you're bama tuned as well so you know the perks of having free tunes for life as well as our customer service team that's always available for you around the clock!

I would love to hear your feedback on your tune as we really appreciate your business and loyalty. If your feedback can help us improve our tunes in any way we would love to hear it.
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 07-16-2014, 11:35 AM   #114
Site Sponsor

Quote:
True, it would be $18 off of $300, or $282 (or $42 off CAI/Tuner combo). That's still more than the normal CAI from UPR price of $270, and don't need to wait to get post count up to 30 or 50 posts (although these threads are helping!) Impulse buying doesn't work if you need to wait. (EDIT: just read ordering terms at AM and even with post count, the 6% discount code does not apply to Airaid products due to manufacturer restrictions)

It is great AM is giving discounts to members and members should visit sponsors for purchases. But like Amazon free shipping to Prime members, sometimes you save more by skipping the deal.

Sorry to drift off topic a little. Still relates to how a company is perceived to handle customers with issues or products, and how that affects later potential customers. American Muscle is doing something you rarely see, jumping into the fire to help out customers in forums. Excellent start and perfect for the long haul. But todays purchases are being affected.
We do offer a 6% discount to all active members with more than a 50 post count. We offer this discount to give back to the community for how loyal you guys are and what you do for the forums and aftermarket community.

Some products are restricted from discounts and we make every effort to have the most aggressive pricing possible. There are very few products that are restrcited but Airiad is one of them. Keep in mind we do offer price matching that's not restricted. If you're seeing something listed elsewhere for less shoot us a call and we'll do our best to beat it for you.

Thank you for recognizing that we are in all of these threads to help out. We're constantly bending over backwards to ensure that our customers are in good hands and satisfied with their purchase. If you ever have any questions at all feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll get back to you and I'll gladly help you out!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 07-16-2014, 11:57 AM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Hey

Sorry to hear that some of the feedback .....(snip)

We're in the process of revamping our v6 tunes as we speak and I'm really impressed with what I've been seeing. There's nothing wrong with the old tunes and they're safe to run but they're ever changing and there's always going to be something new that we can bring to the table.

I'm so confident with our tunes that if you would like to try them out I would have you set up with CAI and BamaX4 Tuner on us to test out. If you don't like it we'll cover the shipping back, and the process wouldn't cost you a dollar. If you enjoy the setup as much as i think you will we'll chat about pricing and I'm make sure that you're taken care of at a deal you couldn't refuse.

Alex

Thanks Alex.
One thing that seems to stand out with the current issue is the manual transmission in '13 and 14's with X4 tune. Looking at Bama X4 reviews at AM, and nearly all reviews are from auto owners. To me, that indicates vast majority are purchased for auto's. Yet in this thread, nearly all issues are with smaller group that have manuals. Disproportionate amount of manual users with problems indicate something at the core of the problem. Doesn't mean it won't be corrected, just not enough samples for testing?

If things have progressed with manual transmission tunes for latest V6's, I'll give it a shot. PM sent.

Thanks,
Rob
Old 07-16-2014, 12:44 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
14Mayhem, I have a manual six and I didn't have any problems with the SCT X4 device itself or with the SCT tune on it which I ran for a little but before MPT was able to get me my tunes. If your gonna go with Bama I would wait until they get there tunes for the V6 squared away or go with MPT.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 07-16-2014, 12:52 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Thanks Alex.
One thing that seems to stand out with the current issue is the manual transmission in '13 and 14's with X4 tune. Looking at Bama X4 reviews at AM, and nearly all reviews are from auto owners. To me, that indicates vast majority are purchased for auto's. Yet in this thread, nearly all issues are with smaller group that have manuals. Disproportionate amount of manual users with problems indicate something at the core of the problem. Doesn't mean it won't be corrected, just not enough samples for testing?

If things have progressed with manual transmission tunes for latest V6's, I'll give it a shot. PM sent.

Thanks,
Rob
I have an auto but if you would like to wait to read my write-up on the Bama tunes it may help your decision! Like I said, I have an auto, but if they really feel good and can bump them up for me and I have no issues (idle surging, pinging, error codes thrown, etc.) then you should probably try it out
Old 07-16-2014, 01:37 PM   #118
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks Alex.

Thanks,
Rob
Rob,

When we're tuning for manual cars there's not really any adjustments to be made but what it sounds like you're reading about is throttle sensitivity that translates no matter what trans you have. People should only be seeing this with the race tune as it's going to be a little more aggressive. We can definitely make adjustments to this and back off at your request but everyone has different driving styles which is why Free Tunes For Life is so exciting!

We can absolutely get you set up and PM's replied! Just a heads up if you have any questions or want changes to be made we can datalog with you.

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 07-16-2014, 01:43 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Rob,

When we're tuning for manual cars there's not really any adjustments to be made but what it sounds like you're reading about is throttle sensitivity that translates no matter what trans you have. People should only be seeing this with the race tune as it's going to be a little more aggressive. We can definitely make adjustments to this and back off at your request but everyone has different driving styles which is why Free Tunes For Life is so exciting!

We can absolutely get you set up and PM's replied! Just a heads up if you have any questions or want changes to be made we can datalog with you.

Alex
Hey Alex quick question, I PMed you it but for some reason my PM's have been acting up and I haven't been receiving some if you replied. I asked if I had to fill out the questions in the email that was sent to me upon order acknowledgement. Bama said ignore it, but it says that the tuner won't be sent out for 7 days if I don't answer them? I told them on the phone what I had on my car. If you answered it my PMs are acting up and that's why I didn't get it.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:59 PM   #120
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
14Mayhem, I have a manual six and I didn't have any problems with the SCT X4 device itself or with the SCT tune on it which I ran for a little but before MPT was able to get me my tunes. If your gonna go with Bama I would wait until they get there tunes for the V6 squared away or go with MPT.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
AJ,

We're definitely full steam ahead and reworking our current line of tunes and I'm confident you would feel the different. If at any point you'd like to get set up let me know I'm a PM away.

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 07-16-2014, 02:01 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have an auto but if you would like to wait to read my write-up on the Bama tunes it may help your decision! Like I said, I have an auto, but if they really feel good and can bump them up for me and I have no issues (idle surging, pinging, error codes thrown, etc.) then you should probably try it out

Looks like we will have your auto review as well as a manual trans review coming up. Alex has set me up with Bama tunes as well and based on first phone call to Bama, things couldn't have been any smoother.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:06 PM   #122
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Hey Alex quick question, I PMed you it but for some reason my PM's have been acting up and I haven't been receiving some if you replied. I asked if I had to fill out the questions in the email that was sent to me upon order acknowledgement. Bama said ignore it, but it says that the tuner won't be sent out for 7 days if I don't answer them? I told them on the phone what I had on my car. If you answered it my PMs are acting up and that's why I didn't get it.
Hey!

Very odd! I'm seeing it come through right now! I just with Pat whose just about wrapping up on your tuner and you can disregard that email! Let me know if you have any other questions, I'm here to help!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 07-16-2014, 02:11 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey!

Very odd! I'm seeing it come through right now! I just with Pat whose just about wrapping up on your tuner and you can disregard that email! Let me know if you have any other questions, I'm here to help!

Alex
Awesome, thanks for the quick response here and I am excited to get my hands on the tuner and begin my research! I'm not sure what is up with my PM's but it has been having problems sending and receiving as have others who have told me they've sent it numerous times and then it will come through hours later. Oh well. Thank God I live in NY and the shipping time from you guys is insanely fast!
Old 07-16-2014, 02:13 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Looks like we will have your auto review as well as a manual trans review coming up. Alex has set me up with Bama tunes as well and based on first phone call to Bama, things couldn't have been any smoother.
Awesome, man! My phone call with them went really well too. Here's hoping we both have a smooth process and can see what these updated tunes can do, and give great write-ups which will really help prospective and current tuners!
Old 07-16-2014, 02:21 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

In for the write ups on the new tunes from Bama.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
Old 07-16-2014, 02:36 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Rob,

Alex

I see posts stating the manual trans versions exhaust flows better than the auto's, to the point that many auto owners swap exhausts to the stock manual version. Just grasping at straws, but it would seem that if the tune for manual transmission exhaust was not setup differently than the tune for auto trans exhaust, it might cause slight problems. Haven't looked at tune check list yet, so if it's on there and adjusted for manual exhaust vs auto exhaust (not just stock exhaust), then I apologize in advance.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:43 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I see posts stating the manual trans versions exhaust flows better than the auto's, to the point that many auto owners swap exhausts to the stock manual version. Just grasping at straws, but it would seem that if the tune for manual transmission exhaust was not setup differently than the tune for auto trans exhaust, it might cause slight problems. Haven't looked at tune check list yet, so if it's on there and adjusted for manual exhaust vs auto exhaust (not just stock exhaust), then I apologize in advance.
It's my understanding that there is just an extra tip in the auto's for a quieter sound. I don't think it has anything to do with performance. I do not have stock mufflers so it won't matter for me, but it's my understanding that there is no performance difference between the 2, or between them and aftermarket mufflers performance-wise.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:45 PM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
AJ,

We're definitely full steam ahead and reworking our current line of tunes and I'm confident you would feel the different. If at any point you'd like to get set up let me know I'm a PM away.

Alex
Ok sounds good Alex. I'll probably give Bama another try with the new tunes when I pick up my gear kit and MAC prochamber from you guys next month. thanks
Old 07-16-2014, 02:49 PM   #129
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
It's my understanding that there is just an extra tip in the auto's for a quieter sound. I don't think it has anything to do with performance. I do not have stock mufflers so it won't matter for me, but it's my understanding that there is no performance difference between the 2, or between them and aftermarket mufflers performance-wise.
+1, the only difference is that the autos have that the tip. Performance won't be affected by it. Thumbs.

GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:50 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You are probably correct. I do see some reviews showing the manual is roughly .5 quicker in the 1/4 mile than the auto. Just thought the exhaust differences might have also played a small role in that performance increase if the ECU was factory programmed for it (stock auto won't see increase with swap unless ECU is update?).
Old 07-16-2014, 02:51 PM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
We're more than happy to take a look and get a new batch sent over.! Shoot us a call at 888.226.9764 so we can get you some help!

In order to be eligible for the forums discount you're going to need 50 posts-

Please let me know if anyone has and questions and I'm here to help!
Hi Alex,
Will it just be the same tunes again or will they be the newer "revised" tunes?

Old 07-16-2014, 02:52 PM   #132
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You are probably correct. I do see some reviews showing the manual is roughly .5 quicker in the 1/4 mile than the auto. Just thought the exhaust differences might have also played a small role in that performance increase if the ECU was programmed for it.
The manual is not .5 seconds quicker in the quarter mile. That is impossible. An auto shifts as fast as humanly possible. A pro driver may be able to hit the shifts perfect every time and get a little more out of it, but there is no way .5 seconds. That is a HUGE difference.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:55 PM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You are probably correct. I do see some reviews showing the manual is roughly .5 quicker in the 1/4 mile than the auto. Just thought the exhaust differences might have also played a small role in that performance increase if the ECU was programmed for it.
If shifted perfectly, manuals will b a tad quicker due to the autos small drive line loss.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:58 PM   #134
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The manual is not .5 seconds quicker in the quarter mile. That is impossible. An auto shifts as fast as humanly possible. A pro driver may be able to hit the shifts perfect every time and get a little more out of it, but there is no way .5 seconds. That is a HUGE difference.

Not personal testing, just passing on review info.

Also see 1.1 sec quicker 0-60 times with performance package manual vs auto, but of course 3.31 gears help.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:02 PM   #135
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not personal testing, just passing on review info.

Also see 1.1 sec quicker 0-60 times with performance package manual vs auto, but of course 3.31 gears help.
3.31 gears, much larger performance tires, SVT rear sway bar will be a world of difference on a 1/4 track compared to 2.73 gears, 17' energy saver tires. It has nothing to do with auto v. manual. As stated earlier, maybe a .1 second favor to manual if shifted perfectly, but a lot more of a loss if not shifted correctly or you miss one.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:03 PM   #136
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If shifted perfectly, manuals will b a tad quicker due to the autos small drive line loss.

+1
Old 07-16-2014, 03:11 PM   #137
Registered Member
Regular

Just trying to see why those with manual trans tune have issues, while those with the much more common auto do not seem to have issues. There has to be a difference somewhere?

3 people mentioned issues with their tune in this thread. All 3 have manuals. No auto trans owners reported issues. Threads like this are great for piling on with "me too", which makes things even more odd that auto trans tuners do not dominate the complaints, if they existed.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:14 PM   #138
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I just purchased my X4 with BAMA tunes from AM. I hope I don't regret it later.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:24 PM   #139
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just trying to see why those with manual trans tune have issues, while those with the much more common auto do not seem to have issues. There has to be a difference somewhere?

3 people mentioned issues with their tune in this thread. All 3 have manuals. No auto trans owners reported issues. Threads like this are great for piling on with "me too", which makes things even more odd that auto trans tuners do not dominate the complaints, if they existed.
You can't take one thread online and say that tuned manuals have more issues than auto's. It has nothing to do with them being faster, as they are not, definitely not by .5 - 1.1 seconds, that is only because you are comparing basically totally different vehicles in terms of track speed and performance (gears, tires, track gear) on a track. This will not turn into an auto v. manual debate, especially not with convoluted facts such as the ones you posted on here. Do some research on tuning your car, and then try it for yourself. If you are that worried about your car being a manual and not wanting to do it for that reason, then don't tune it. The auto is affected more by the tune because it changes it's shift points to be much quicker and precise.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:32 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
... It has nothing to do with them being faster, as they are not, definitely not by .5 - 1.1 seconds, that is only because you are comparing basically totally different vehicles in terms of track speed and performance (gears, tires, track gear) on a track....

Sorry, you are correct.
I double checked the first story from motortrend of .5 faster in the 1/4 and here is exact wording:

"When equipped with a manual, the Mustang V6 Performance Package is about a half-second quicker in a straight line."

When I first read it a few weeks back, it seemed as though they were only mentioning manual vs auto, now I see as you stated, it's the whole package.

Sorry again for posting info that was not complete.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang