BAMA service - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-16-2014, 03:39 PM   #141
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mayhem View Post
Just trying to see why those with manual trans tune have issues, while those with the much more common auto do not seem to have issues. There has to be a difference somewhere?

3 people mentioned issues with their tune in this thread. All 3 have manuals. No auto trans owners reported issues. Threads like this are great for piling on with "me too", which makes things even more odd that auto trans tuners do not dominate the complaints, if they existed.
Yes, but should be taken with a grain of salt. There are random problems with both autos and manuals, SCT 3 and 4. There are surging issues,slow shifts, cars relearn taking away from throttle response etc that in fact people including myself pull fuse 47 or disconnect the battery to regain quick shifts/ throttle response. Don't just read a couple of threads and determine what's broke and what works, it takes a lot of reading and understanding why things work and why they don't. As Grabber pointed out an auto is way more consistent than the average manual driver so your assumption of manuals just being quicker in 1/4 mile is not accurate (edit) you did more digging and corrected your statement thumbs. As I mentioned earlier a CAI is a nice looking paperweight under the hood but without bolt ons and a tune will provide next to zero performance, especially when compared to just a tune, now if your worried about warranty problems from tuning just sit down with your service manager and see what they have to say about it, you might be surprised. It is well documented not only in this forum that the stock air box provides more than enough air and does not restrict airflow to our 3.7s.

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2014, 03:44 PM   #142
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Sorry, you are correct.
I double checked the first story from motortrend of .5 faster in the 1/4 and here is exact wording:

"When equipped with a manual, the Mustang V6 Performance Package is about a half-second quicker in a straight line."

When I first read it a few weeks back, it seemed as though they were only mentioning manual vs auto, now I see as you stated, it's the whole package.

Sorry again for posting info that was not complete.
No need to apologize! Not trying to argue with you or prove you wrong, just putting the correct information out there for you. There is never a reason to apologize for being wrong on this forum, if you don't ask questions or debate things you won't get the information you seek!
Old 07-16-2014, 03:52 PM   #143
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
.. As Grabber pointed out an auto is way more consistent than the average manual driver so your assumption of manuals just being quicker in 1/4 mile is not accurate. ..

And that is exactly why I have only run autos for 25+ years at the dragstrip. Consistency.

I did not buy a manual v6 mustang because I thought it was faster. Bought the car that had the best total package for the right price that worked for me. V6 Performance Package. As an ET bracket racer, I would have preferred auto for occasional winning final round fun at the track, but for street use, the manual does shine very well. The autos I did look at were premium packages with larger 18" tires and 3.31 gears added as well. Reviews from others mention faster, and just looking for answers to what seemed like only a manual tranny issue. My bad.

Sorry for confusion I seem to have caused.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2014, 03:59 PM   #144
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
And that is exactly why I have only run autos for 25+ years at the dragstrip. Consistency.

I did not buy a manual v6 mustang because I thought it was faster. Bought the car that had the best total package for the right price that worked for me. V6 Performance Package. As an ET bracket racer, I would have preferred auto for occasional winning final round fun at the track, but for street use, the manual does shine very well. Reviews from others mention faster, and just looking for answers to what seemed like only a manual tranny issue. My bad.

Sorry for confusion I seem to have caused.
Don't have to apologize, this is actually my first manual also after 22 years of driving a slush box, jk jk auto guys. How is your 1st to second shift, notchy at all? Crap I'm tread jacking. Sorry. Lol

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:18 PM   #145
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
So Paul sent me a second revision of the new beta tune today evening. I'm gonna try it out by tomorrow and let you guys know the performance on a manual.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:24 PM   #146
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMustang12 View Post
So Paul sent me a second revision of the new beta tune today evening. I'm gonna try it out by tomorrow and let you guys know the performance on a manual.
Awesome I should have my tune tomorrow and I will begin my thread!
Old 07-16-2014, 07:28 PM   #147
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Glad to hear that. Tunes are fantastic. Perfect tunes makes your car run like you upgraded to a new car. Enjoy your new tuner and tune
Old 07-16-2014, 10:55 PM   #148
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Glad to hear that. Tunes are fantastic. Perfect tunes makes your car run like you upgraded to a new car. Enjoy your new tuner and tune
Woohoo! I hope I get those! Gotta bring the car in to get some work done in the day and UPS drrops packages off by me at around 4pm.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:00 AM   #149
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
I'm happy to hear that he got in touch and had this sent out! Feel free to create your own review thread if you would like and enjoy!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 07-17-2014, 08:01 AM   #150
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Correction you WILL have your tune today!!! Just took a look and as of 6:58am she's out for delivery!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 07-17-2014, 08:03 AM   #151
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
I'm happy to hear that he got in touch and had this sent out! Feel free to create your own review thread if you would like and enjoy!

Alex
I did try the tune this morning and I immediately had to flash another one. It threw codes P0022 and P0012. It sounded like the engine was going to blow up and I had no acceleration at all.

Paul said he is working on it and maybe it's a corrupt file and get me a new one by Monday.

Yup once I have a perfect tune I might start a review thread for manuals too
Old 07-17-2014, 08:46 AM   #152
Site Sponsor

Quote:
I did try the tune this morning and I immediately had to flash another one. It threw codes P0022 and P0012. It sounded like the engine was going to blow up and I had no acceleration at all.

Paul said he is working on it and maybe it's a corrupt file and get me a new one by Monday.

Yup once I have a perfect tune I might start a review thread for manuals too
Yikes! That's highly irregular! I'm sorry to hear that this was problematic out of the gate. This is highly uncommon and hang in there, we appreciate your patience working with us on this!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 07-17-2014, 11:06 AM   #153
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
Old 07-17-2014, 11:13 AM   #154
Registered Member
Regular

Tuner should be here in a few hours! Question : My muffler shop had an emergency and isn't able to put my FR x-pipe on until tomorrow. Can i still try out the tune on my car? I told Bama I have the x-pipe and a CAI, but only the CAI will be on the car today. From what I have read it will be fine to do until tomorrow.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:03 PM   #155
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Tuner should be here in a few hours! Question : My muffler shop had an emergency and isn't able to put my FR x-pipe on until tomorrow. Can i still try out the tune on my car? I told Bama I have the x-pipe and a CAI, but only the CAI will be on the car today. From what I have read it will be fine to do until tomorrow.
Hey,

That shouldn't be an issue what so ever! Try out the tune! If you ever need something answered immediately don't hesitate to call Bama directly at 888.226.9764 , they're always there to help!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 07-17-2014, 01:11 PM   #156
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
lol
Old 07-17-2014, 01:15 PM   #157
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey,

That shouldn't be an issue what so ever! Try out the tune! If you ever need something answered immediately don't hesitate to call Bama directly at 888.226.9764 , they're always there to help!

Alex
Didn't think so, just wanted to be sure. I have my tank full of 93, just putting my CAI back in now, and eagerly awaiting the UPS man's delivery around 330-430! I did a nice, cheap little project the other day and wrapped the arm of my CAI in carbon fiber vinyl! For $10 and an hour or so of work it really takes away the cheap black plastic look and looks nice!
Old 07-17-2014, 01:17 PM   #158
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Didn't think so, just wanted to be sure. I have my tank full of 93, just putting my CAI back in now, and eagerly awaiting the UPS man's delivery around 330-430! I did a nice, cheap little project the other day and wrapped the arm of my CAI in carbon fiber vinyl! For $10 and an hour or so of work it really takes away the cheap black plastic look and looks nice!
Pictures of the carbon vinyl wrapping please?
Old 07-17-2014, 02:04 PM   #159
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1405623722.542411.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	812.3 KB
ID:	161658

Before ^

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1405623744.467817.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	907.5 KB
ID:	161659

After ^ Airaid cold air intake put in, carbon fiber vinyl wrapped the arm (one small wrinkle from sitting in the garage and putting the intake in, engine heat will smooth it out in a few minutes)

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 07-17-2014, 03:28 PM   #160
Registered Member
Regular

In case any issues might have been caused by the latest X4 firmware, there was a firmware update 2 days ago. Or maybe it will make things worse...?

Firmware Version: 1.1.1.5
Release Date: 07-15-2014
Old 07-17-2014, 03:34 PM   #161
Registered Member
Regular

MY WRITE-UP THREAD HAS BEEN POSTED. If you would like to check it out and follow along over the next few weeks, please feel free! Any contributions or questions are greatly appreciated.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:50 AM   #162
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hey-Please shoot us a call at 888.226.9764 if you're still experiencing any irregularities!

If anyone has any questions in the meantime please don't hesitate to let me know.

Alex

Sorry to bump this thread back up, but why do we need to use the phone first? Seems this in itself can cause a lot of issues. Email from the start would have everything in writing, and eliminate any confusion and probably solve most of the customer service issues. I have tried to find a way to send datalogs without calling in first, but gave up and called, which led me to this post afterwards, for hopefully a better future solution.

In todays digital world, calling should be the last thing we need to do, if all else fails, not the first step..
Old 08-04-2014, 09:18 AM   #163
Registered Member
Regular

I just gave up on them. Phone calls, emails, nothing works with them. Paul told me 10 days ago that he will ship me a shirt for testing out their beta tunes and still nothing. I don't even care about the shirt now. I'm just happy i don't have to deal with them anymore. I told Paul i moved and so please update my address and as usual no response. I think Paul was working with me only because of this thread and Alex. Once i said the tune is good he asked me to write it on the forum and offered a shirt which i never received.

Here is an email from him:-

"Awesome! And I know we will get better as this is our BETA .vs. MPT fully released tune. Thank you so much for all of the feedback and getting us where we need to be and your involvement in the BETA tuning process. Let me know what size shirt you wear and I will have someone send out an AM or BAMA T-shirt.

There is no obligation at all, but if you could make a posting about us being right on par with MPT and I truly feel the level of service and experience you have with us is second to tune.

I look forward to working together.

Paul"

Ridiculous service.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:26 AM   #164
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Sorry to bump this thread back up, but why do we need to use the phone first? Seems this in itself can cause a lot of issues. Email from the start would have everything in writing, and eliminate any confusion and probably solve most of the customer service issues. I have tried to find a way to send datalogs without calling in first, but gave up and called, which led me to this post afterwards, for hopefully a better future solution.

In todays digital world, calling should be the last thing we need to do, if all else fails, not the first step..
Don't worry they haven't fixed any issues for me either. They called and told them wtf they did to my tune and they supposedly were gna fix it.... Literally never got the new tune. **** it, MPT is the way to go. Better customer service and obviously better tunes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 08-04-2014, 09:30 AM   #165
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Honestly I think the fact that they are associated with am is the reason they are hanging on. Kind of a bummer that their customer service can't be like american muscles.

05 Gt Premium Performance White
Old 08-04-2014, 09:39 AM   #166
Registered Member
Regular

Phone communication's can quickly sour by simple things from both sides. Asking questions not expected by either side or wondering why that question was asked to you can throw a wrench into something helpful. Emails give both sides a chance to think about the questions and replies, with no surprises.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:53 AM   #167
Registered Member
Regular

I have only had one bad experience with Bama customer service. The rest has been awesome. Bama has totally re-invented their tunes, I love mine it feels just as good as my MPT (before my MPT stopped working and now I have to wait 3 days for a fix, hopefully). I was totally happy with Bama, just wanted to give MPT a try. Haven't been able to accurately test out MPT since the tune problems, so I'm not going to unfairly judge yet.
I love my Bama tune, they are totally re-inventing their tunes now and they are great. I know it has become the "in thing" to bash Bama on here, but if you haven't tried out the new beta tunes, please just wait a few weeks, try them, and then give your judgement. Bama is totally reinventing themselves both tune-wise and CS-wise. Instead of continuing to bash the same nail over and over again, see what they changed and then make your judgement. I was really impressed, as have others who have tried the new tunes...
Old 08-04-2014, 09:56 AM   #168
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I'm going to have to get a new tuner when I get the $$, not sure who I want to go with. Seems like Bama is getting bashed. So its hard for me to decide.....
Old 08-04-2014, 10:05 AM   #169
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
When are these beta tunes supposed to be officially released? Any info on that at all?
14.432 @ 103.34 mph
First time ever running a 1/4 this was my second pass. 60' times were pretty high. Will only get better with practice!
Old 08-04-2014, 10:08 AM   #170
Registered Member
Regular

Should be within a few weeks.... that's what I was told... if you call up and ask for tune revisions and request them they have started to say to just wait since they are rolling out an entire line-up of re-vamped tunes.... if you PM one of the AM guys on here, I'm sure they could get you in touch with Paul, Bama's head tuner, and he will send some awesome tunes your way... my re-vamped 93 race that he made up for me is amazing.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:08 AM   #171
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have only had one bad experience with Bama customer service. The rest has been awesome. Bama has totally re-invented their tunes, I love mine it feels just as good as my MPT (before my MPT stopped working and now I have to wait 3 days for a fix, hopefully). I was totally happy with Bama, just wanted to give MPT a try. Haven't been able to accurately test out MPT since the tune problems, so I'm not going to unfairly judge yet.
I love my Bama tune, they are totally re-inventing their tunes now and they are great. I know it has become the "in thing" to bash Bama on here, but if you haven't tried out the new beta tunes, please just wait a few weeks, try them, and then give your judgement. Bama is totally reinventing themselves both tune-wise and CS-wise. Instead of continuing to bash the same nail over and over again, see what they changed and then make your judgement. I was really impressed, as have others who have tried the new tunes...

Have new tunes as well, built for me after your tunes were built for you, with this thread in Bama's mind. Adding the CAI plus 87S or 87P gave me "slower ET's" across the board. Sure, 87P "felt" pretty good with butt dyno, but when tested for real numbers, lost more than a 0.10 in the 1/8th mile against stock tune and no CAI. Couldn't run 87S on the street as it was so bad. But this is a manual trans PP with latest 2014 ECU, so might not be the same as the older ECU's. Some stuff needs time to properly develop. Datalogs with 87S, 87P and stock sent. Hope to get updated tunes before Wednesday track and tune sessions.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:10 AM   #172
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Have new tunes as well, built for me after your tunes were built for you, with this thread in Bama's mind. Adding the CAI plus 87S or 87P gave me "slower ET's" across the board. Sure, 87P "felt" pretty good with butt dyno, but when tested for real numbers, lost more than a 0.10 in the 1/8th mile against stock tune and no CAI. Couldn't run 87S on the street as it was so bad. But this is a manual trans PP with latest 2014 ECU, so might not be the same as the older ECU's. Some stuff needs time to properly develop. Datalogs with 87S, 87P and stock sent. Hope to get updated tunes before Wednesday track and tune sessions.
It could also be driver error involved in your time loss. Not saying you're a bad driver at all, you just may not have hit your shifts as well... a lot harder to judge an 1/8 mile time for performance numbers in a manual... also, you will notice much better gains in a 93 tune or even a 91 .... 87 is pretty tame.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:19 AM   #173
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It could also be driver error involved in your time loss. Not saying you're a bad driver at all, you just may not have hit your shifts as well... a lot harder to judge an 1/8 mile time for performance numbers in a manual... also, you will notice much better gains in a 93 tune or even a 91 .... 87 is pretty tame.

Stock
3 passes:
1/8 = 9.17 @ 77.27, 60' = 2.12
1/8 = 9.15 @ 77.93, 60' = 2.10
1/8 = 9.15 @ 78.39, 60' = 2.10

87S
1/8 = 9.30 @ 76.21, 60' = 2.15
1/8 = 9.25 @ 76.83, 60' = 2.07

87P
1/8 = 9.35 @ 75.85, 60' = 2.15
1/8 = 9.30 @ 76.42, 60' = 2.15

During WOT, you could really feel lags with the 87P
Old 08-04-2014, 10:31 AM   #174
Registered Member
Regular

Those are really consistent! Try a higher octane race! I like my race A LOT better than the performance and street.performance and street feel like stock with different shift points in my auto, race totally transformed my car. Go for 91 or 93 if you can... free tunes for life!
Old 08-04-2014, 10:37 AM   #175
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
this is off topic but I really need to get my 60' times lowered lol. did you run the full 1/4 on those runs or just the 1/8?
14.432 @ 103.34 mph
First time ever running a 1/4 this was my second pass. 60' times were pretty high. Will only get better with practice!
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang