BAMA service - Page 6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-04-2014, 10:40 AM   #176
Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Malvern, PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mayhem View Post
Sorry to bump this thread back up, but why do we need to use the phone first? Seems this in itself can cause a lot of issues. Email from the start would have everything in writing, and eliminate any confusion and probably solve most of the customer service issues. I have tried to find a way to send datalogs without calling in first, but gave up and called, which led me to this post afterwards, for hopefully a better future solution.
In todays digital world, calling should be the last thing we need to do, if all else fails, not the first step..
No need to apologize, This is a public forum and the post isn't going anywhere! I 100% hear what you're saying and were working to improve our communication here daily. I completely agree with you in that the age we live, some of us just don't have the time to make a call. We're in the process of making our communication that much better from FAQ's like how to Datalog to loading a tune. We aim to have a 24 hour turn around time on emails and as impatient as I am I don't want customers to be hanging by a thread waiting for an email when you could call. Thanks for your feedback we appreciate it!
__________________
Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-04-2014, 10:43 AM   #177
Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Malvern, PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMustang12 View Post
I just gave up on them
Hey!

This is 100% our fault. I'm not sure how the shirt manage to slip through the cracks like this but I'll make sure one is sent out right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcronin04 View Post
When are these beta tunes supposed to be officially released? Any info on that at all?
MrCronin,

Just to clear this up we're running these tunes as we speak!
__________________
Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline  
Old 08-04-2014, 10:52 AM   #178
Registered Member
Regular
 
mrcronin04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Peru
Region: Illinois
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post

MrCronin,

Just to clear this up we're running these tunes as we speak!

Great! So if I order new tunes today, they will be the "beta" tunes that Grabber has had?
__________________
2012 Performance Package V6
Airaid CAI
93R BAMA tune
14.432 @ 103.34 mph
First time ever running a 1/4 this was my second pass. 60' times were pretty high. Will only get better with practice!
mrcronin04 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-04-2014, 05:42 PM   #179
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ann Arbor
Region: Michigan
Posts: 189
I can't believe this forum actually edited the title from awful bama service to bama service. Haha great going
FordMustang12 is offline  
Old 08-04-2014, 05:45 PM   #180
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
MustangDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lake Forest
Region: California
Posts: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMustang12 View Post
I can't believe this forum actually edited the title from awful bama service to bama service. Haha great going
Yeah, I noticed that too. What's the point? I guess we can't handle the truth
__________________
2013 V6 Auto Premium | Sterling Gray | Pony/Comfort/Security Packages
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline  
Old 08-04-2014, 05:52 PM   #181
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ann Arbor
Region: Michigan
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
Yeah, I noticed that too. What's the point? I guess we can't handle the truth
Like really? I never thought Mustang Evolution such a big mustang forum would ever do this. The whole point of this thread was to make people aware of what they are falling into and Am guys make aware of what's going on. This change really surprised me.
FordMustang12 is offline  
Old 08-04-2014, 06:10 PM   #182
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
I don't even have words for the name change. Who runs this forum, Obama?
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline  
Old 08-04-2014, 06:17 PM   #183
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
Whether AM is a sponsor of the site or not, there is something really off-putting about ME editing threads because the content is critical of a sponsor. Say a pharmaceutical company buys ads on CNN, then it's uncovered that the researchers did some unethical practices in the clinical trials of a drug... should CNN not cover the story because the company is buying ads? AM and BAMA have a relationship, and AM sponsors ME, but ME existed before AM started sponsoring them (I assume), the purpose being for Mustang enthusiasts to share their knowledge about Mustangs. That includes honest reviews of products and services. ME doesn't "owe" AM anything in terms of content of its site. AM must have made hundreds of thousands of dollars through this forum by its members finding out about them through it, and that's not going to be significantly impacted by one thread titled "awful BAMA service."

Show some backbone, ME.
Sakib is offline  
Old 08-04-2014, 06:38 PM   #184
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Charlotte, NC
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,045
^ actually most forums have rules as far as bashing sponsors like that. I know of one that has a separate section for only the parties involved (sponsor and customer) to post to resolve issues. And most will delete any threads that are tasteless bashing of a sponsor in misc. sections.

At the end of the day you have to remember these forums cost money to run. In addition to people's time there is server costs as well and site maintenance (unless you want to to consistently crash all the time). This is generally brought in by advertisements from companies. Although open discussion is fair game there is a difference between bashing a sponsor and making a well though out post related to a product or customer service and handling it in a professional manner. Some of the posts of here you can tell the poster isn't even looking for a resolution but just bashing them.

A perfect example is the thread comparing tunes this is going on now in a different section. The OP compares his Bama tune to other companies tunes in a very analytical and professional way. Instead of saying 'this sucks bc I don't like it so nobody should buy it'






Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline  
Old 08-04-2014, 07:03 PM   #185
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
A perfect example is the thread comparing tunes this is going on now in a different section. The OP compares his Bama tune to other companies tunes in a very analytical and professional way. Instead of saying 'this sucks bc I don't like it so nobody should buy it'
The OP of that thread seems to agree that the name change is rubbish:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I don't even have words for the name change. Who runs this forum, Obama?
Unless you are talking about a different thread that I don't know about? I would like to read it!
Sakib is offline  
Old 08-04-2014, 07:45 PM   #186
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
^ actually most forums have rules as far as bashing sponsors like that. I know of one that has a separate section for only the parties involved (sponsor and customer) to post to resolve issues. And most will delete any threads that are tasteless bashing of a sponsor in misc. sections.

At the end of the day you have to remember these forums cost money to run. In addition to people's time there is server costs as well and site maintenance (unless you want to to consistently crash all the time). This is generally brought in by advertisements from companies. Although open discussion is fair game there is a difference between bashing a sponsor and making a well though out post related to a product or customer service and handling it in a professional manner. Some of the posts of here you can tell the poster isn't even looking for a resolution but just bashing them.

A perfect example is the thread comparing tunes this is going on now in a different section. The OP compares his Bama tune to other companies tunes in a very analytical and professional way. Instead of saying 'this sucks bc I don't like it so nobody should buy it'






Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
What other thread comparing tunes on here now comparing tunes?

Sent from my naked Johnson. The thrid real non Boss 227
2011 Kona Blue is offline  
Old 08-04-2014, 08:00 PM   #187
Admin
Admin
 
Janet H's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Inland NW
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
^ actually most forums have rules as far as bashing sponsors like that. .....
And so does Mustang Evolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMustang12 View Post
I can't believe this forum actually edited the title from awful bama service to bama service. Haha great going
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMustang12 View Post
Like really? I never thought Mustang Evolution such a big mustang forum would ever do this. The whole point of this thread was to make people aware of what they are falling into and Am guys make aware of what's going on. This change really surprised me.
The forum is a great place for direct questions about products and services and even general winges or concerns about lousy customer service a are OK so long as they don;t get too personal.

Where the line is crossed however when the problem is directly related to a purchase or transaction with a vendor. Those are customer disputes and they really should be resolved directly with the vendor or by other means available like the BBB rather than on the forum. Posting e-mails sent to you by a vendor is also uncool as that's private and was intended for you, not the entire forum.

There are several reasons for this...
a). we can't really help because it's not our transaction,
b). often when there's a complaint, the opposing party will also post in rebuttal and then we have a giant pi$$ing match and the forum is not a judge or jury.
c). we try to be fair and even handed with everyone. We also do not allow vendors to post and say things like " John Doe failed to pay his bill with us and no we're out $500.00 bucks. John Doe is a deadbeat".
d) sometimes a member will post a really negative comment about a vendor to try to coerce them into action. Generally even though the issue is resolved and the member is ultimately happy, the negative comments remain public and can impact future business for the vendor.
Disputes cut both ways and we try to handle them fairly and all the same way.

Here is the section of our forum rules that pertains to this:

Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and dealer through other means but not through our community.
Thanks for understanding
__________________
.
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss

Janet H is offline  
Old 08-04-2014, 08:15 PM   #188
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ann Arbor
Region: Michigan
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
And so does Mustang Evolution.





The forum is a great place for direct questions about products and services and even general winges or concerns about lousy customer service a are OK so long as they don;t get too personal.

Where the line is crossed however when the problem is directly related to a purchase or transaction with a vendor. Those are customer disputes and they really should be resolved directly with the vendor or by other means available like the BBB rather than on the forum. Posting e-mails sent to you by a vendor is also uncool as that's private and was intended for you, not the entire forum.

There are several reasons for this...
a). we can't really help because it's not our transaction,
b). often when there's a complaint, the opposing party will also post in rebuttal and then we have a giant pi$$ing match and the forum is not a judge or jury.
c). we try to be fair and even handed with everyone. We also do not allow vendors to post and say things like " John Doe failed to pay his bill with us and no we're out $500.00 bucks. John Doe is a deadbeat".
d) sometimes a member will post a really negative comment about a vendor to try to coerce them into action. Generally even though the issue is resolved and the member is ultimately happy, the negative comments remain public and can impact future business for the vendor.
Disputes cut both ways and we try to handle them fairly and all the same way.

Here is the section of our forum rules that pertains to this:

Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and dealer through other means but not through our community.
Thanks for understanding
Honestly, I did not read the rules and I'm sure most of us did not. Well I posted an email intended for me correct. My mistake. So If this crossed the line this thread should have been closed or I should have been warned and name shouldn't have been changed. When you google for bama this thread shows up and that's the reason why the name has been changed in my opinion.

As the other person said I wasn't responding all the time? Well I posted this thread not to just thrash bama I had no intentions of doing so. I kept updating of what was going on. All the promises of me getting calls from them failed, tunes failed, etc. If recieved excellent service at any point I posted that too for ex Alex and Paul. Also when I felt the tune was comparable to mpt I posted honest opinions.

I m not good with words as other people are and maybe that's why this took a direction of just bashing bama which I really did not intend. Every walk I had with them is what I shared. I understand they are the sponsors of this forum and that's great but really name change for a mistake of posting email instead of closing the thread or giving a warning maybe?
FordMustang12 is offline  
Old 08-04-2014, 09:12 PM   #189
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMustang12 View Post
Honestly, I did not read the rules and I'm sure most of us did not. Well I posted an email intended for me correct. My mistake. So If this crossed the line this thread should have been closed or I should have been warned and name shouldn't have been changed. When you google for bama this thread shows up and that's the reason why the name has been changed in my opinion.

As the other person said I wasn't responding all the time? Well I posted this thread not to just thrash bama I had no intentions of doing so. I kept updating of what was going on. All the promises of me getting calls from them failed, tunes failed, etc. If recieved excellent service at any point I posted that too for ex Alex and Paul. Also when I felt the tune was comparable to mpt I posted honest opinions.

I m not good with words as other people are and maybe that's why this took a direction of just bashing bama which I really did not intend. Every walk I had with them is what I shared. I understand they are the sponsors of this forum and that's great but really name change for a mistake of posting email instead of closing the thread or giving a warning maybe?
Although I agree with you, I think you should let it go. They've made their stance known, and even though I don't agree with it 100%, it's reasonable. Alex and Dan have gone above and beyond defending themselves and apologizing on this thread. As others have noted, it shouldn't even be their responsibility or their place to apologize. But they do it anyway. Let's just cut them and ME a little slack. It might make you upset today, but in a couple days you won't care, I'm sure.
Sakib is offline  
Old 08-04-2014, 09:20 PM   #190
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ann Arbor
Region: Michigan
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Although I agree with you, I think you should let it go. They've made their stance known, and even though I don't agree with it 100%, it's reasonable. Alex and Dan have gone above and beyond defending themselves and apologizing on this thread. As others have noted, it shouldn't even be their responsibility or their place to apologize. But they do it anyway. Let's just cut them and ME a little slack. It might make you upset today, but in a couple days you won't care, I'm sure.
Na I've already let it go. Alex sent me 2 shirts and some quarter window decals in the morning. I thanked him for it and I felt it was a bit too generous on his part since it was not his mistake. I also asked him to not send me so many stuffs but it was shipped by then.

It's alright I guess I'm done with it
FordMustang12 is offline  
Old 08-04-2014, 11:57 PM   #191
Registered Member
Regular
 
olds442111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Hammond
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 303
Send a message via AIM to olds442111
Can I please get someone from AM to contact me regarding a poor tune that was received? I've shot Dan a message but no response as of yet. Shoot me a PM or something with an extension. The check engine light and poor performance isn't a desirable feature Thanks in advance.
__________________
White 2014 GT coupe / Auto Trans / Louisiana
olds442111 is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 01:04 AM   #192
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by olds442111 View Post
Can I please get someone from AM to contact me regarding a poor tune that was received? I've shot Dan a message but no response as of yet. Shoot me a PM or something with an extension. The check engine light and poor performance isn't a desirable feature Thanks in advance.

Call Bama. Dan can't do anything at 1AM ET.... Cal Bama tomorrow. Don't rush to get the AM guys involved in a simple tune revision. Or jump on the "bash Bama bandwagon" . Just call tomorrow that should be your first step and then see what happens.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 02:03 AM   #193
Registered Member
Regular
 
olds442111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Hammond
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 303
Send a message via AIM to olds442111
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Call Bama. Dan can't do anything at 1AM ET.... Cal Bama tomorrow. Don't rush to get the AM guys involved in a simple tune revision. Or jump on the "bash Bama bandwagon" . Just call tomorrow that should be your first step and then see what happens.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Thanks for the helpful advice.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
White 2014 GT coupe / Auto Trans / Louisiana
olds442111 is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 07:31 AM   #194
Registered Member
Regular
 
AJcruz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: OKC
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 503
Still don't understand why people keep using Bama. They are terrible and keep showing that time and time again. I get the tunes for life but there is also Steeda and if your worried about MPT not having tunes for life just remember this. The only time you need a tune change is if you have a mod that will significantly increase air coming in (like some CAIs, ported intake manifolds, Ported cyl. heads), free flowing exhaust mods (longtubes, cat deletes) or a power adder (supercharger/turbo). A.M. is reps are here to continuously try to mend a broken process and imo will never be fixed. Good luck to those who keep trying. Oh and I thought this was a open forum? First time I've seen editing of a post by mods like that.
AJcruz1 is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 07:58 AM   #195
Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Malvern, PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcronin04 View Post
Great! So if I order new tunes today, they will be the "beta" tunes that Grabber has had?
Just to clear this up we're running these tunes now! When we develop tunes in house we'll start with project and employee cars and then have them sent out for a trial run like we did for Grabber. Once we gather feedback and comments we'll have them tailored even further to what our customers want. Being said not everyone is going to want to have Grabbers identical setup as we all have our own driving styles. One of the great things about Bama is that they can alter the tunes as you see fit so if there's something you don't like they'll make every attempt to have them customized for your needs. Hope this helps!
__________________
Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 08:01 AM   #196
Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Malvern, PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMustang12 View Post
Na I've already let it go. Alex sent me 2 shirts and some quarter window decals in the morning. I thanked him for it and I felt it was a bit too generous on his part since it was not his mistake. I also asked him to not send me so many stuffs but it was shipped by then.

It's alright I guess I'm done with it
Hey,

Again that was my fault as the request came to me. I promise I wont send anything else unless you ask! As always don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions and enjoy the gear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by olds442111 View Post
Can I please get someone from AM to contact me regarding a poor tune that was received? I've shot Dan a message but no response as of yet. Shoot me a PM or something with an extension. The check engine light and poor performance isn't a desirable feature Thanks in advance.
Olds-Shoot me a PM with your order info and a good contact number and I'm happy to have a Tuning Specialist reach out to see how we can help here!

Alex
__________________
Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 08:24 AM   #197
Registered Member
Regular
 
mrcronin04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Peru
Region: Illinois
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Just to clear this up we're running these tunes now! When we develop tunes in house we'll start with project and employee cars and then have them sent out for a trial run like we did for Grabber. Once we gather feedback and comments we'll have them tailored even further to what our customers want. Being said not everyone is going to want to have Grabbers identical setup as we all have our own driving styles. One of the great things about Bama is that they can alter the tunes as you see fit so if there's something you don't like they'll make every attempt to have them customized for your needs. Hope this helps!


Oooh. I understand now. Still pretty new at all of this. Especially to tunes. The only reason I bring it up is when I first got my tuner with my preloaded tunes, the 87P tune that came on my tuner seems a little more aggressive than the 93R that I ordered a week or so later. Never tested the 2 on the track at all to see if there actually was a difference.
__________________
2012 Performance Package V6
Airaid CAI
93R BAMA tune
14.432 @ 103.34 mph
First time ever running a 1/4 this was my second pass. 60' times were pretty high. Will only get better with practice!
mrcronin04 is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 08:40 AM   #198
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
Still don't understand why people keep using Bama. They are terrible and keep showing that time and time again. I get the tunes for life but there is also Steeda and if your worried about MPT not having tunes for life just remember this. The only time you need a tune change is if you have a mod that will significantly increase air coming in (like some CAIs, ported intake manifolds, Ported cyl. heads), free flowing exhaust mods (longtubes, cat deletes) or a power adder (supercharger/turbo). A.M. is reps are here to continuously try to mend a broken process and imo will never be fixed. Good luck to those who keep trying. Oh and I thought this was a open forum? First time I've seen editing of a post by mods like that.
So your saying the only time someone needs a revised tune is if one gets CAI, Long tube, short tube headers, off road mid pipe, high flow mid pipe, port and polish intakes, super or turbo chargers. Lets not also forget 3:55, 3:73 and 4:10 gears. So essential a person needs a tune by doing what almost every person on here does. We either buy and install bolt on mods or some add boost. ??????

People are concerned about getting free tunes for life because we add mods as time goes on. Hello bro. Lol. We add power mods and new tunes need to be revamped to accommodate those mods. So free tunes is an important part too people.

We just don't get a tune and not add any power mods to our mustangs. A new tune is required for many mods and needed to maximize there full potential.

Sent from my naked Johnson. The thrid real non Boss 227
2011 Kona Blue is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 08:53 AM   #199
Registered Member
Regular
 
AJcruz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: OKC
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
So your saying the only time someone needs a revised tune is if one gets CAI, Long tube, short tube headers, off road mid pipe, high flow mid pipe, port and polish intakes, super or turbo chargers. Lets not also forget 3:55, 3:73 and 4:10 gears. So essential a person needs a tune by doing what almost every person on here does. We either buy and install bolt on mods or some add boost. ??????

People are concerned about getting free tunes for life because we add mods as time goes on. Hello bro. Lol. We add power mods and new tunes need to be revamped to accommodate those mods. So free tunes is an important part too people.

We just don't get a tune and not add any power mods to our mustangs. A new tune is required for many mods and needed to maximize there full potential.

Sent from my naked Johnson. The thrid real non Boss 227
Ok, first off I didn't include gears because you don't need a tune revision for that. You can correct the speedo with just the tuner. Secondly most people get longtubes and mid pipe together so that is one revision for two mods and you don't need tune revisions for short tubes. Steeda's CAI is the only one that requires a tune as far as CAIs go. So my point is there are very few mods that need tune revisions and with some planning can easily be done in the 6 month window MPT gives you. That's a better option than going with Bama or like I said if your determined to get free tunes for life go with Steeda. They have good safe tunes from what I've heard.
AJcruz1 is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 09:04 AM   #200
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
That's a better option than going with Bama or like I said if your determined to get free tunes for life go with Steeda. They have good safe tunes from what I've heard.
Steeda has free tunes for life??? Man this gives me a lot more to think about! I didn't look into them at all. I like that they have a relationship with Ford. Makes me feel safer about it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 09:10 AM   #201
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
Ok, first off I didn't include gears because you don't need a tune revision for that. You can correct the speedo with just the tuner. Secondly most people get longtubes and mid pipe together so that is one revision for two mods and you don't need tune revisions for short tubes. Steeda's CAI is the only one that requires a tune as far as CAIs go. So my point is there are very few mods that need tune revisions and with some planning can easily be done in the 6 month window MPT gives you. That's a better option than going with Bama or like I said if your determined to get free tunes for life go with Steeda. They have good safe tunes from what I've heard.
Any CAI needs a tune to maximize its effectiveness. A six month period is not a long period for many people to fully mod their cars. Many people take years to fully mod their cars. Not everybody has a money tree they can just buy a performance tuner, CAI, Long tube headers with mid pipe, new gears, port and polish, cat back system all within 6 months.
Some can and that's great but many can't. We piece the mods over period of years and free revised tunes are great.

Also, I run Steeda tune as well as bama and MPT. .

Sent from my naked Johnson. The thrid real non Boss 227
2011 Kona Blue is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 09:21 AM   #202
Registered Member
Regular
 
14mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: New Port Richey
Region: Florida
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
Ok, first off I didn't include gears because you don't need a tune revision for that. You can correct the speedo with just the tuner. .


I'm not seeing that as an option after you install a Bama tune with SCT X4. Seems like settings are disabled, and you would need to go back to stock tune before you could change anything yourself. Maybe I am not looking in the right place? Of course a quick phone call to Bama will have the tune updated to reflect the new gears.
14mayhem is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 09:42 AM   #203
Registered Member
Regular
 
AJcruz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: OKC
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mayhem View Post
I'm not seeing that as an option after you install a Bama tune with SCT X4. Seems like settings are disabled, and you would need to go back to stock tune before you could change anything yourself. Maybe I am not looking in the right place? Of course a quick phone call to Bama will have the tune updated to reflect the new gears.
I dunno maybe it's a Bama thing and they lock it. :dunno: I got my X4 from MPT and it allows me to change the gear ratio.
AJcruz1 is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 09:43 AM   #204
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Steeda has free tunes for life??? Man this gives me a lot more to think about! I didn't look into them at all. I like that they have a relationship with Ford. Makes me feel safer about it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Nothing wrong with Steeda. I have a Steeda tune and purchased it when they went free tunes for life.

Sent from my naked Johnson. The thrid real non Boss 227
2011 Kona Blue is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 09:52 AM   #205
Registered Member
Regular
 
AJcruz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: OKC
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Any CAI needs a tune to maximize its effectiveness. A six month period is not a long period for many people to fully mod their cars. Many people take years to fully mod their cars. Not everybody has a money tree they can just buy a performance tuner, CAI, Long tube headers with mid pipe, new gears, port and polish, cat back system all within 6 months.
Some can and that's great but many can't. We piece the mods over period of years and free revised tunes are great.

Also, I run Steeda tune as well as bama and MPT. .

Sent from my naked Johnson. The thrid real non Boss 227
Ok I'll give you the CAI but like I said there is no tune revision for gears. You just use the tuner to adjust the speedo. Longtubes/mid pipe, CAI ported intakes (which most dont do) are the only mods that need a tune revision. You get nothing from a tune revision for a cat back on the six as its not even a true cat-back. Any tuner will tell you this. You don't have to have money that grows on trees. Set a plan to save money and get everything up front or during the time period and you will be fine. It's not hard to do. Make a plan and budget. If that's not your cup of tea go with Steeda. End of story. It's that simple Bro. lol No need to go back fourth over it.
AJcruz1 is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 10:12 AM   #206
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
Ok I'll give you the CAI but like I said there is no tune revision for gears. You just use the tuner to adjust the speedo. Longtubes/mid pipe and ported intakes are the only mods that need a tune revision. You get nothing from a tune revision for a cat back on the six as its not even a true cat-back. Any tuner will tell you this. You don't have to have money that grows on trees. Set a plan to save money and get everything up front or during the time period and you will be fine. It's not hard to do. Make a plan and budget. If that's not your cup of tea go with Steeda. End of story. It's that simple Bro. lol No need to go back fourth over it.
Lol. Im just playing bro.

Sent from my naked Johnson. The thrid real non Boss 227
2011 Kona Blue is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bama race tune > bama hybrid tune 13 stang22 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 11 04-16-2013 06:26 PM
Check Fuel Cap & Service Engine Soon Light??????? mattstang Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 8 12-25-2006 02:33 PM
copy of the 98 service manual on CD Danger Dude Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 0 10-13-2003 08:09 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



04:23 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.