Went to wal-mart to change oil-pretty sure they put too much. - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-05-2014, 05:17 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger052 View Post
I just don't get it :p

Ford only charge us 39.99 for Oil, Filter, Tire rotation and fluids fill up and you guys keep going to Walmart and all those cheap places. Why?
^^^^^what he said. Thumbs.

2013 3.7 Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2014, 05:40 PM   #37
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Some cars are impossible to do that with. Some of the old Honda's oil filters are right in front of the engine and tilted at 45 degree angle. The old landcruisers oil filters were pretty much in the wheel well and mounted horizontal. I remember having to pull the wheel well halfway out to get to it. I kinda miss managing that shop after talking about it.
And then cars like our Hyundai Sonata, you can change the oil filter from the top of the engine bay. Only thing you have to do under the car is pull the plug.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:20 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I think it's funny you guys think the dealership can't mess things up or doesn't hire noobs at times. The only benefit to the dealership is documentation of service. I don't trust them anymore than Walmart unless I'm watching.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2014, 09:23 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
It's not that dealers can't mess up it's the fact that if they do they will fix it because your warranty is through them. Nothing would be a bigger headache then wal mart/ jiffy lube messing up your car and get into a blame game between them and ford over who's at fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:48 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger052 View Post
I just don't get it :p

Ford only charge us 39.99 for Oil, Filter, Tire rotation and fluids fill up and you guys keep going to Walmart and all those cheap places. Why?
Fully synthetic oil with ford is $75. Like i said thats not the reason i went the problem w ford is they close at 5:30 and i get off from work at 5:30.

Either way i am doing my own oil from now on.
1800CoolGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:48 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
I think it's funny you guys think the dealership can't mess things up or doesn't hire noobs at times. The only benefit to the dealership is documentation of service. I don't trust them anymore than Walmart unless I'm watching.

You've missed the point. If the OP doesn't want to change his oil himself, the dealer would be the place to go. It's a good deal with the coupon they have and the services they provide, and his car is a still-under-warranty 2014.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:52 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Went to wal-mart to change oil-pretty sure they put too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1800CoolGuy View Post
Fully synthetic oil with ford is $75. Like i said thats not the reason i went the problem w ford is they close at 5:30 and i get off from work at 5:30.

Either way i am doing my own oil from now on.

Others will argue, but I'm running the Motorcraft semi-synthetic. That's what came from the factory so that's what I'm running. That runs $49.99 with The Works coupon. I change every 5,000 miles. My car is not run hard.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution[COLOR="Silver"]
Old 07-05-2014, 10:05 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Full synthetic at the dealer I go to is 55. In Cleveland, at my preferred group (where I buy my cars) it is 100.

Sent from my XT1049 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:33 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I change mine with full synthetic for less than $35 in my driveway.

Also, just because something is under warranty doesn't mean they HAVE TO fix it *coughMT82cough*. Once again, there are lots of ups and downs anywhere you go. I'd rather let someone I know change it, than some random guy at any place.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:00 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
I change mine with full synthetic for less than $35 in my driveway.

Also, just because something is under warranty doesn't mean they HAVE TO fix it *coughMT82cough*. Once again, there are lots of ups and downs anywhere you go. I'd rather let someone I know change it, than some random guy at any place.

I change my own oil in all my vehicles except the Mustang. My reasoning is, that is the only vehicle I have that has a warranty, and not that I am looking for them to fix anything in particular, I just feel better they are checking the car over on a regular basis in case there is something not right that I may not notice right away that could be fixed under warranty. It's not that expensive to have them do it, and gives me a little extra peace of mind. When the warranty is up, I will probably be laying under that one also.

Old 07-06-2014, 12:15 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
I change my own oil in all my vehicles except the Mustang. My reasoning is, that is the only vehicle I have that has a warranty, and not that I am looking for them to fix anything in particular, I just feel better they are checking the car over on a regular basis in case there is something not right that I may not notice right away that could be fixed under warranty. It's not that expensive to have them do it, and gives me a little extra peace of mind. When the warranty is up, I will probably be laying under that one also.

This pretty much sums up my situation as well. I mark my filter so I know if they changed it or not . They use only Ford filters and oil and it's on record for being maintained . My 04 Nissan is a different story, I do that myself.
chitownpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:25 AM   #47
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I'm really fortunate

My Ford dealer has a seperate buiding that only does oil changes, Tire (rotatoins/replacements/repairs on tires) and when they do the oil filter change the person doing the job checks everything on your car. I always ask for my guy "Willie" and he is the one I always have servicing my Mustang. Never ever a problem at all.
I know not all Ford dealers have this so you need to be aware of how they service your car. I do think that going to a Ford dealer is way safer and better then going to Walmart or some thief Jiffy Lube place that hires untrained monkeys to mess up your car big time. At least they train the one's at a Ford dealer on how to do a service properly. And you know the filter will be changed.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:55 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I have everything done by my trusted mustang Peformance shop you just need to find someone like that near you because case like walmart the people there are clueless

2003 full Bolt on GT
Basshunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang