Lethal Performance Off Road H Pipe? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-05-2014, 03:11 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Lethal Performance Off Road H Pipe?

I came across lethal's off road h pipe and it caught my interest with its really low price. Has anyone put this on?

I only have Roush AB's as far as exhaust goes.

What kind of performance gains would I be seeing with this on top of my tune and CAI?

I am looking to gain a deeper exhaust note but nothing too obnoxious for a DD.
Prezona is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2014, 03:54 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Going with a off road pipe it gonna be raspy

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 07-05-2014, 04:39 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Especially with Roush, its going to sound terrible.

2013 3.7 Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2014, 08:28 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Not sure what started the O/R craze. Facts are there is a minuscule difference of power between high-flow catted (legal and MUCH less raspy) and catless. It may be a bit louder but it definitely doesn't help the natural break in tone the Roush would have at ~3k.

The catted is more expensive, but for obvious reasons. As has been said, it will be loud and it will be raspy. Obnoxiously in my opinion, but it's up to you.
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:19 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Lethal Performance Off Road H Pipe?

Mrt h-pipe with high flow cats is reasonably priced. $500 somethin i think. Beats $1000 for the magnaflow h. OP, youll need to weld in some glasspacks of it will sound lime butthole if you take the o/r route. Theres a 3.7 on youtube with that exact setup and it sounds BOMB.
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:56 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I have bbk shortys lethal o/r h and roush abs.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Big_red502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 12:07 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Nice yeah I follow this dude Dillon Shand on Instagram and he has a pretty similar set up. Can someone link the glasspacks I can't seem to find them. Lol
Old 07-06-2014, 01:45 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Not sure what started the O/R craze. Facts are there is a minuscule difference of power between high-flow catted (legal and MUCH less raspy) and catless. It may be a bit louder but it definitely doesn't help the natural break in tone the Roush would have at ~3k.

The catted is more expensive, but for obvious reasons. As has been said, it will be loud and it will be raspy. Obnoxiously in my opinion, but it's up to you.
Actually anything other the OEM or OEM equivalent cats in their original location is illegal according to Federal Law. Check the whole thing out the Catted pipes still say "For Offroad Use Only"
I can't believe how many people would risk an up to $25,000 dollar fine for a couple of extra HP
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:53 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

In a state where no emissions tests take place, and lack of fines for it, I think its mainly "feel good legislation.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:00 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
In a state where no emissions tests take place, and lack of fines for it, I think its mainly "feel good legislation.
Friend was written for non OEM cats in North Carolina, this was after passing emissions with the High Flow cats twice, the original ticket was $15,000 Dollars and he had to go to Federal Court. After putting it back to Stock, getting a lawyer and losing the days at court he was into it $6200, $1500 for the fine the rest in court costs and lawyers fees. Not worth it in my book.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:44 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

So, they have emissions testing. Here, they don't.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:49 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

He got stopped on the Freeway when he was written, no problems going through the state Emissions test. Stopped by a LEO that knew a little more than most.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:00 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Expres View Post
He got stopped on the Freeway when he was written, no problems going through the state Emissions test. Stopped by a LEO that knew a little more than most.
I'm in Oklahoma, not the least bit worried. #1) No state testing whatsoever. #2) The Ford dealer has seen my full aftermarket exhaust and hasn't even mentioned it. #3) The cops here really do not give a crap unless you're just outside revving your engine like a tool and enough people complain. Even then they won't inspect the car.

If I lived in California or somewhere like that, I might be concerned. But with how tight the rules are and how expensive it is to live there, I don't think I will be making that move anytime soon. You can't have any fun with your car
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:08 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Ok... i was running MRT Interceptor axle back and MRT catted H-Pipe... started out very very raspy and after 2,000 miles it mellowed out some... There where some gains when we put in the H-pipe but not a lot....

Last Thursday we put in a set of BBK shorty headers. We had issues getting the MRT H-pipe to mount up to the BBKs. I was out of time, so we mounted the stock mid-pipe back in....

Couple of things:

1) The sound with the BBKs, stock mid-pipe and MRT axle back is AMAZING!!!

2) Butt dyno says i actually have more low end grunt with the stock mid-pipe and BBKs than i did with the stock manifolds and MRT H-pipe. Track results also seem to show this.

3) Putting the car on the dyno Saturday to verify results....

Ok... so hit the track Friday... my 8 year old daughter used the camcorder for the very first time... After listening to the video with headphones and seeing the results at the track, i'm going to leave the stock mid-pipes on the car!!!

So IMHO... keep the mid-pipes stock and swap out to shorty headers...

2014 Ingot Silver Vert - MCA Edition

MPT Tuned - MRT Axle Back - MRT Catted H-Pipe - FRPP 3.55
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:00 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Ok... i was running MRT Interceptor axle back and MRT catted H-Pipe... started out very very raspy and after 2,000 miles it mellowed out some... There where some gains when we put in the H-pipe but not a lot....

Last Thursday we put in a set of BBK shorty headers. We had issues getting the MRT H-pipe to mount up to the BBKs. I was out of time, so we mounted the stock mid-pipe back in....

Couple of things:

2) Butt dyno says i actually have more low end grunt with the stock mid-pipe and BBKs than i did with the stock manifolds and MRT H-pipe. Track results also seem to show this.

Ok... so hit the track Friday... my 8 year old daughter used the camcorder for the very first time... After listening to the video with headphones and seeing the results at the track, i'm going to leave the stock mid-pipes on the car!!!

Thanks for all of the info! Interesting. Yeah after hearing everyone's thoughts, especially about the fines that are applicable it think I might keep my mid pipe and just throw on some headers because all in really looking to gain is low end grunt. And if I can gain a deeper exhaust note that's be awesome too!

Thanks for the vid and all!
Old 07-06-2014, 08:25 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Although many dog the bbk headers on here I love mine.

Old 07-06-2014, 08:36 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_red502 View Post
Although many dog the bbk headers on here I love mine.

The quality I would say is represented by the price. If I had paid more I would have expected better quality. I was miffed on Thursday when we found out my MRT H-pipe just wasn't going to mount up... However in the grand scheme of things that was actually a good thing as I'm really loving my new setup!

2014 Ingot Silver Vert - MCA Edition

MPT Tuned - MRT Axle Back - MRT Catted H-Pipe - FRPP 3.55
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:56 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I have over 20,000 trouble free miles on my BBK shorties.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:21 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post

Couple of things:

Sounds great!! I wonder what a cut and clamp h-pipe would sound like on stock midpipe
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:25 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

How long will.chrome headers last? I know they end up a hideous rainbow.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
andrewheath09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:52 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Couldn't say I went with ceramics

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang