New axlebacks, and horrible mpg - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-18-2014, 11:33 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
Hmm...people can choose to believe or not, but I have been fine tuning for years, posting for years, and then went to an SCCA Rally with my tank precisely filled and monitored by the authorized technician, until the set refill by the only authorized person refilled it. The Sport Car Club of America and Green Grand Prix will tell you it was 48 and change, because my odometer is off- with the actual offset incorporated, it's 49.42.

Now when I was just talking about it, yes, there was no tangible proof. In the Mustang, one can just hit reset and it would work to reset it. So it's easy to try and BS it. Let me tell you, the SCCA and GGP did not use my gauge- which only read 41, by the way.

Now my G1 Insight is easier- you can't reset the MPG with out resetting the number of miles. Here is my last tank and my most recent picture of the current tank in the Insight.

By the way, it's funny how 35 is impossible at 65, but Ford did 48.5 doing 43+ including many stops. Closed raceway, no one to draft. MUSTANG V-6 AVERAGES 48.5 MPG; RUNS 1,457 LAPS AT BRISTOL ON A SING ... - Press Release

Before haters want to claim I draft dangerously, getting within a few car lengths of the rear of a car was a 1 MPG penalty- zero tolerance, not permitted.

Sent from my XT1049 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
UltArc. I was not talking about your car, I was talking about a completely stock late model v6 with 2.73s on cruise control at 65. I know that you have done some absolutely amazing things with fuel economy on your car and I respect that. I just doubt that someone with a stock car on cruise control going over 65 is getting over 35 mpg.

And by doubt, I mean that's bull****.
CUBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2014, 11:50 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUBuffalo View Post
UltArc. I was not talking about your car, I was talking about a completely stock late model v6 with 2.73s on cruise control at 65. I know that you have done some absolutely amazing things with fuel economy on your car and I respect that. I just doubt that someone with a stock car on cruise control going over 65 is getting over 35 mpg.

Sorry friend, used to people talking crap to me on the internet lol. No fake though, the EPA claims as high as 37 for their test cycle. But that's the extent I know.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:03 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUBuffalo View Post

One week ago I would have agreed with you. But last Sunday I filled up, reset my gauge, immediately got on a country road, and drove about 60 miles home, almost all country roads with little traffic, usually between 60-70 mph, and the gauge read 34 mpg when I got home. It was about 80 degrees out, and I have Michelin energy saver tires, FWIW. My car is bone stock, engine-wise.

Correction on something you said. The guy didn't say he was on cruise control when he gets 40 mpg at 65 mph. In fact, in a later post he made a point to say you get worse economy using cruise, better if you use your brain to control the throttle depending on elevation changes. He said he gets 40 "while cruising" on the highway, not "while on cruise control."

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2014, 05:41 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
Wanted my proof before I posted it- expected highway EPA for the average V6 automatic driver is 25-37 MPG. Just because you can't do something doesn't mean NO ONE can.

+1, I couldn't do it, best I got with my old 2.73s was 32mpg at best, but with the right knowledge and aero mods I believe its possible......I just lack both and like to go fast. lol.

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:34 AM   #75
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Hey ultarc

Can you post the results like you did a while back on your rally. I'm trying to search for it but can't re member when you posted it last.
When I got my 34 MPG I did it on I-95 going through Georgia and part of South Carolina doing a steady 65 MPH with no stops, No slowdowns and cruise control on. Traffic was very light and I used Shell 87 octane gas. This was paper and pen and not the computer on my dash that said 33 MPG.
If you don't believe me you can ask my passenger "MARIO"

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:55 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

My personal results? The official results are at www.greengrandprix.com, I think mine are somewhere on ecomodder for the whole thing. Though I don't know if I ever made a post of exactly what the result was, I was pretty exited when the guy told me how much gas I used lol- I don't remember if I did my usual 10 minute fill up ritual (pictures of everything haha).

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 07-19-2014, 09:20 AM   #77
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I know you really work hard at good MPG

I was just looking at some of your old pictures where you put the bottom on your car to close it in. A perfectly flat bottom has to really help. The Aluminum driveshaft and all of the other things you did.
You at one time did post some pictures and some results but it probably was on somebody else's post. A lot of us were really interested in what you were doing at that time. A lot of us still are interested.
Ronnie
PS: I did find some pictures of the bottom of your car. This is the one mod I really like.

I also was looking at the cardboard template you made first. A lot of design and work went into this and with great MPG results.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:50 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Right now I need to find a lift to get back underneath her- she is longing to get to the drag strip :/ don't wanna jack this thread, we can chat on one of mine! OP, I can't fathom a reason AB would make any technical difference, as the exhaust should be freed up a tiny bit. Any further results on it? And if I remember correctly, were you doing pen and paper math or the car computer readout?

Old 07-19-2014, 08:55 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Just as an update, holding roughly 70 on I95 headed south to VA beach from my home in fauquier, I averaged 36 mpg with 3 people in my car and the trunk loaded with luggage, once I got to the city it dropped substantially to about 26 mpg, no pictures though, I'll try to get one on my way home tomorrow
cjohnson91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:58 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Thats also while running a 93 race tune where as before I was on stock tune with just myself in the car
cjohnson91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:57 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohnson91 View Post
Just as an update, holding roughly 70 on I95 headed south to VA beach from my home in fauquier, I averaged 36 mpg with 3 people in my car and the trunk loaded with luggage, once I got to the city it dropped substantially to about 26 mpg, no pictures though, I'll try to get one on my way home tomorrow
Pics or it didn't happen! LOL.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang