10.7 Second 3.7L - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-11-2014, 09:42 AM   #36
Road Trip!

Region: New York
10.7 Second 3.7L

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_ash0426 View Post
+1
I bet if any of these guys that have a 5.0 wouldnt of been able to afford it or wouldnt of had their parents help them buy their toy they wouldnt be talking to much. If they would have a 3.7 they would be defending the 3.7. I have one myself and i feel proud of it because even though its just a V6 it smokes about more than 3/4 of the cars out there that sometimes cost more than twice than mine. They have amazing potential and everybody has noticed that and a V6 running 10.7 is nothing slow. And yeah its true you could probably get a 5.0 running that with Nitrous and bolt ons but thats why its a V8 theres a night and day difference between that and the V6. At the end of the day you have to give credit where credit is due and this V6 deserves some credit. And just to make it clear even though i am defending the V6 that doesnt mean i would ever FI my stang i would prefer to buy a V8 because yes the 5.0s have way more potential and as much as we might hate it they sound sexy as f&@k. But to those like me who cant afford them yet well lets just say we can smoke the last generation V8s with some bolt ons

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

I had a 3.7 to slow...Got the 5.0...my parents never bought any of my cars...i'm now 44 with a six figure job. My 5.0 would be built up if not for my daughters tuition...smurf, learn to take the good with the bad...this forum is all about opinions and as long as I abide by the rules...i'll give my opinion on whatever I want good or bad. You have no right to tell me not to post about something. You don't like it oh well!!! As for me not knowing about build ups. Let me tell you what i do... I'm a machinist, for the last 26 years and in some of those years I have done machining work on engines. I bored out cylinders in blocks, ground heads, cams, cranks etc.

But to make you happy so you don't have a fit and go off the deep end. I'll leave this thread.

dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2014, 10:01 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
I had a 3.7 to slow...Got the 5.0...my parents never bought any of my cars...i'm now 44 with a six figure job. My 5.0 would be built up if not for my daughters tuition...smurf, learn to take the good with the bad...this forum is all about opinions and as long as I abide by the rules...i'll give my opinion on whatever I want good or bad. You have no right to tell me not to post about something. You don't like it oh well!!! As for me not knowing about build ups. Let me tell you what i do... I'm a machinist, for the last 26 years and in some of those years I have done machining work on engines. I bored out cylinders in blocks, ground heads, cams, cranks etc.

But to make you happy so you don't have a fit and go off the deep end. I'll leave this thread.

Oh trust I am pretty chill. I am not here having to defend myself by saying "Oh I am 44.......Oh I am a machinist......oh I bought my own car my mommy didn't buy it for me". So it looks like your the one with sand in the vag.

Thank you for being the bigger man and leaving.

Good bye.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:07 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Take a couple midol. Quit your bltching.

The 3.7 is a great little motor no doubt built much stronger than the 5.0
which can only be run safely at 550 hp if you want to keep it in one piece
long term . Sure you can run more Hp but you have to ask yourself to you feel lucky punk well do you.... anyways as I always say the 5.8 is the true KING of mustang motors if I was to buy another mustang I would get a good used 2013 -14 Shelby GT 500 , 662 HP stock , that motor / drive train can run 800 RWHP all day long with a simple pulley swap and a good tune.

Right now I'm running 530 Hp on 10 psi which is plenty for me out of my 3v 4.6 another good motor and about the max without forging it . I don't drag race so for a DD it's perfect lots of consistent steady intercooled boost when I want it unlike Nitrous that is hard on the motor. And I run a centrifugal SUPERCHARGER ( Vortech V3 ) which is much gentler on the motor / drive train vs roots style ,it gives me nice big block power out of a small 4.6 motor.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2014, 10:13 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post

The 3.7 is a great little motor no doubt built much stronger than the 5.0
which can only be run safely at 550 hp if you want to keep it in one piece
long term . Sure you can run more Hp but you have to ask yourself to you feel lucky punk well do you.... anyways as I always say the 5.8 is the true KING of mustang motors if I was to buy another mustang I would get a good used 2013 -14 Shelby GT 500 , 662 HP stock , that motor / drive train can run 800 RWHP all day long with a simple pulley swap and a good tune.

Right now I'm running 530 Hp on 10 psi which is plenty for me out of my 3v 4.6 another good motor and about the max without forging it . I don't drag race so for a DD it's perfect lots of consistent steady intercooled boost when I want it unlike Nitrous that is hard on the motor. And I run a centrifugal SUPERCHARGER ( Vortech V3 ) which is much gentler on the motor / drive train vs roots style ,it gives me nice big block power out of a small 4.6 motor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1405091592906.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	161212  
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:13 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Have y'all ever had a person, who, since they have no clue what they are saying, whenever they open their mouth, makes you feel like getting in an argument...

Anyways, gladiatoro, just so you know, the 550 HP, is to the wheels, not crank. I think it's safe to run it to around 600 RWHP without forging.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:15 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Many people...
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:17 AM   #42
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

This 10.7 Mustang 3.7 Cyclone V6 ;;;;;;;;;;;;;

IS A "STREET"CAR It is not just set up for drag racing. The owner actually uses his car. Of course he does use Slicks when at the track as well as a lot of other cars do.
There are Fox body Turbo V6 Mustangs that will turn in the 9's but they are strictly made for the drag strip."NOT the STREET"

It really don't matter much because no matter what you have and how fast it is there is always someone that will be faster. "JUST ASK ANY RACER"
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:30 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I think Smurfs point is how cheap you can make a Fox fast... including the price of the car. Fox bodies are cheap, and while I'm not a fan, they're great cars for playing and can be fast for less.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:46 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Lmao. +1
Old 07-11-2014, 10:49 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
I think Smurfs point is how cheap you can make a Fox fast... including the price of the car. Fox bodies are cheap, and while I'm not a fan, they're great cars for playing and can be fast for less.
True.

Just so many haters on this forum for some reason but to each their own.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
Old 07-11-2014, 11:41 AM   #46
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I don't see nothing but a friendly discussion here.

Smurf stang say's
Quote:
Just so many haters on this forum for some reason but to each their own.
What made you even think of saying this?
Just wondering.
Ronnie
Old 07-11-2014, 12:43 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Smurf stang say's

What made you even think of saying this?
Just wondering.
Ronnie
LOL.

Kinda like a big high school with tons of nut swinging.

What a contest.

Old 07-11-2014, 12:59 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Cool! But, man it sounds like crap. Rather have my 5.0 or other v8
Old 07-11-2014, 01:44 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Speak for yourself Rapinator 126 the 5.0 is simply middle of the pack
and ANY motor can be made to produce high HP even a 3.7 v6
it just depends how much $$$$ you want to throw at it.

Heck you can likely get 450 RWHP out of the new 2015 twin turbo 4 banger .
Old 07-11-2014, 01:48 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The new 5.8 gt500 motor is not even fully forged. Why do you think after so many people are blowing them up that they are ditching the trinity and going back to a iron 5.4 block.

Old 07-11-2014, 01:49 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No one said the 5.0 was top of the pack, so that part of your comment is unwarranted, actually, like nearly everything you say.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:55 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The new 5.8 gt500 motor is not even fully forged. Why do you think after so many people are blowing them up that they are ditching the trinity and going back to a iron 5.4 block.

ALL factory OEM GT500 connecting rods (not GT, CJ, etc), 2007-2012 are cracked powder forged rods - not traditional forgings.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:05 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
ALL factory OEM GT500 connecting rods (not GT, CJ, etc), 2007-2012 are cracked powder forged rods - not traditional forgings.
Who are you trying to school???
Google is where you get your info.
Ever had a trinity torn down yet???
I'll wait

Old 07-11-2014, 03:09 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Rapinator I noticed ur in Texas where in Texas r u? I'm in garland

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 07-11-2014, 03:44 PM   #55
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Back on track folks. If the slander at members continues, we will have to close this thread down.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:47 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mustang v6 View Post
Rapinator I noticed ur in Texas where in Texas r u? I'm in garland

New braunfels bud.

Old 07-11-2014, 03:57 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Who are you trying to school???
Google is where you get your info.
Ever had a trinity torn down yet???
I'll wait

No I never " tore down a trinity " but I'm sure you have .... wait you have
a 5.0 not a Shelby GT 500 hmmm.... perhaps a friends motor then ?

The 5.4 is a truck motor from the Ford F-150 and iron block to boot , not the greatest platform in 2007 when they came out they had 500 Crank Hp
with a giant blower and big displacement , not great numbers for a BLOWN
motor with 5.4 L . Heck my small block 4.6 L makes more power lol... and btw it has an aluminum block. The 5.8 on the other hand IS aluminum block and came out with 662 Hp STOCK in 2013 a massive difference in Hp and weight savings , the trinity is a GREAT motor FACT and one can get more out of it EASILY if 662 Hp stock isn't ENOUGH ..... also the 2013's / 14's handle way better than the first versions of the Shelby GT 500's they have much bigger brakes better suspension , better interior , better tire wheel package , more features aero dynamics designed to handle 200 MHP ......the list goes on and on the two cars don't compare sorry . Like I said if I was to buy another Mustang that would
be the one even if they make a Shelby GT 500 in the future it's unlikely it will have that much STOCK Hp plus I don't like the EURO / ASIAN stang .
Old 07-11-2014, 04:00 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No I never " tore down a trinity " but I'm sure you have .... wait you have
a 5.0 not a Shelby GT 500 hmmm.... perhaps a friends motor then ?

The 5.4 is a truck motor from the Ford F-150 and iron block to boot , not the greatest platform in 2007 when they came out they had 500 Crank Hp
with a giant blower and big displacement , not great numbers for a BLOWN
motor with 5.4 L . Heck my small block 4.6 L makes more power lol... and btw it has an aluminum block. The 5.8 on the other hand IS aluminum block and came out with 662 Hp STOCK in 2013 a massive difference in Hp and weight savings , the trinity is a GREAT motor FACT and one can get more out of it EASILY if 662 Hp stock isn't ENOUGH ..... also the 2013's / 14's handle way better than the first versions of the Shelby GT 500's they have much bigger brakes better suspension , better interior , better tire wheel package , more features aero dynamics designed to handle 200 MHP ......the list goes on and on the two cars don't compare sorry . Like I said if I was to buy another Mustang that would
be the one even if they make a Shelby GT 500 in the future it's unlikely it will have that much STOCK Hp plus I don't like the EURO / ASIAN stang .

You have so much to learn

Old 07-11-2014, 04:23 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Oh man I was just there at the Guadalupe river to much fun

Old 07-11-2014, 04:31 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mustang v6 View Post
Oh man I was just there at the Guadalupe river to much fun

Yes sir, float the river drinking some beer. Does not get any better than that.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:37 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
So many people who don't have the new 5.0 get so but hurt when they are mentioned. Enjoy what you have. Who cares who has done what and who knows how to do what. I will say one thing. If rapinator has something to say, he is the one I would listen to because just being around on this forum, you can tell which people know their stuff and he is one of them, just like deerslayer.Mod what you have and don't worry about what you don't.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:17 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

I dont know if you got me confused or who your trying to offend but you definitely got the wrong person buddy. I NEVER said your parents bought your car, i dont even know you. I was referring to the people who didnt pay for their car and brag about something that they dont even work for. As for the 6 figures you earn congrats man hopefully i can get there soon as well. I NEVER told you not to post about anything you have your people confused you can say anything you want for what i care. And about build ups AGAIN you have your people confused. So send the message to the person who actually cares and the one who actually told you that you didnt know about build ups. I take opinions very well from people because im here to learn about mustangs because by no means am i an expert but neither am i an ignorant. And if you didnt notice i was defending the V8s as well because in my opinion they are amazing cars and sound better and even have way more potential with less money invested

mark_ash0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:40 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
It's amazing how much time and energy is wasted on forums and the Internet in general.
chitownpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:08 PM   #64
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Back on track folks. If the slander at members continues, we will have to close this thread down.
Yes, back on track please. I created this thread to share someone's accomplishment in a 3.7, not to compare it to V8s past and present to try to make it seem better than them. All Mustangs can be fun and fast, simple as that.

Quote:
New braunfels bud.

Nice. I lived in Cibolo for a few years and went to college for a semester in San Marcos.

Sent from your mom's house.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:44 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Any car can be fun and fast.

I've always had 6 cylinder cars. I don't know why, but I gravitate toward them. I could tell you the ins and outs of a blown GM 3800 engine. I'm just waiting for the right time and funds to pursue those ambitions with this car.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:46 PM   #66
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post

Do it Smurf started it all. he he!!!

Old 07-11-2014, 09:48 PM   #67
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hey WhoDat

This is great information. I was gonna post it myself but you beat me to it. The six is not to be compared to a V8 or anything else. It is about this particular Mustang that does 10.7 in the quarter.
Me personally love all "MUSTANGS" I bought one of the very first ones back in 1964. A Baby blue convertible with a four speed and 289 four barrel with the optional rally pack and the air conditioner hanging under the dash.
V6 or V8-Who cares as long as it is a MUSTANG. These cars have been around for fifty years using all kinds of engines and transmissions. If it were not for the engine/transmission choices I don't think we would have Mustangs today. Some of us like our V6's and some like their V8's. I'm sure there will be a lot of people buying a 2015 with the four cylinders and will like them.

This 10.7 street Mustang that probably still gets great MPG and is good to look at and drive is a true "HOT ROD" 2014 era.
Ronnie
Old 07-11-2014, 09:53 PM   #68
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_ash0426 View Post
I dont know if you got me confused or who your trying to offend but you definitely got the wrong person buddy. I NEVER said your parents bought your car, i dont even know you. I was referring to the people who didnt pay for their car and brag about something that they dont even work for. As for the 6 figures you earn congrats man hopefully i can get there soon as well. I NEVER told you not to post about anything you have your people confused you can say anything you want for what i care. And about build ups AGAIN you have your people confused. So send the message to the person who actually cares and the one who actually told you that you didnt know about build ups. I take opinions very well from people because im here to learn about mustangs because by no means am i an expert but neither am i an ignorant. And if you didnt notice i was defending the V8s as well because in my opinion they are amazing cars and sound better and even have way more potential with less money invested

I quoted you on a couple things but added Smurf stang in the quote too. Go back and read it. You will see where i state his name in my post on your quote. I'm using the iPhone and can not do multiple quotes in one posting. It's quicker to do it the way I did than have a ton of post on here. Sorry you got confused.

Old 07-11-2014, 09:56 PM   #69
Road Trip!

10.7 Second 3.7L

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
Yes, back on track please. I created this thread to share someone's accomplishment in a 3.7, not to compare it to V8s past and present to try to make it seem better than them. All Mustangs can be fun and fast, simple as that.

Nice. I lived in Cibolo for a few years and went to college for a semester in San Marcos.

Sent from your mom's house.

The V8 was brought in to this post by a V6 owner. saying that since this V6 is impressive the V8's are not needed? That is what started the whole V6/V8 arguing.

End of topic!!!

Old 07-11-2014, 10:06 PM   #70
Road Trip!

10.7 Second 3.7L

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownpete View Post
Awesome. I have never been a fan of V-8s and now it seems like there is just no need anymore. Very impressive.

V6 guys if you're going to slam a V8 what do you expect in return??? Takes one to start a war.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang