10.7 Second 3.7L - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-08-2014, 09:14 AM   #1
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
10.7 Second 3.7L

Gotta gives props to CFM for a job well done. I would love this turbo setup in my own 3.7.

The World's Fastest V6 Mustang Sticks Two Fingers Up At Six-Cylinder Pony Car Haters
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2014, 11:32 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Looks quick. 130 MPH trap is impressive.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
So far so good.

They have been testing that bad boy for a while now.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2014, 06:45 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Awesome. I have never been a fan of V-8s and now it seems like there is just no need anymore. Very impressive.
chitownpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:05 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownpete View Post
Awesome. I have never been a fan of V-8s and now it seems like there is just no need anymore. Very impressive.
The only problem is going to be the guy who puts a similar setup on a V8...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:37 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Region: New York
10.7 Second 3.7L

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post

+1^

But the guy with the V8 will not need the turbo all he need is the same suspension and tire up grades and a 150 shot of nitrous.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:41 PM   #7
Road Trip!

I would like to know how much money they have in the bottom end of that motor and cost of the FI setup. Got to be well north if $10k with all the mods.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:43 PM   #8
Road Trip!

10.7 Second 3.7L

Quote:

Sure the is, if you want to see 8 seconds

Old 07-08-2014, 07:45 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
I would like to know how much money they have in the bottom end of that motor and cost of the FI setup. Got to be well north if $10k with all the mods.

Precisely.
And you have to factor in which engine will be more reliable at the end of the day....
Old 07-08-2014, 08:34 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:

Hector is still on the stock bottom end. Car has 3.55 gears, torque converter, roll cage, drag radials and CFM's pre-production turbo kit. No more, no less. Been running high 10's for over a year now so knock on wood.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:46 PM   #11
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveWire003 View Post
Hector is still on the stock bottom end. Car has 3.55 gears, torque converter, roll cage, drag radials and CFM's pre-production turbo kit. No more, no less. Been running high 10's for over a year now so knock on wood.

Hector won't be on the stock bottom for long.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:40 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
True, if 10 seconds still isn't enough you shoulda got a V-8. For most people this is way more than they can use. I rarely get much chance to floor my stock V-6 but it's cool to see what's possible with technology over displacement. I'm not saying you shouldn't get a V8 but Import types like myself tend to like smaller displacement engines, especially turbos. If the Turbo 4 was available I would've got it over a 6.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:39 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Actually the stock bottom end on the the 3.7, well am the internals except the pistons, are forged. They are nasty little engines and are built to handle alot. The Pistons are the weak point but an easy replacement. Ford used forged internals on the 3.7 and it was a great decision. The 5.0 does not have the same quality internals and with modifications like on this 3.7 it will not last as long. It needs much more internal work to be able to compare longevity to the v6 even with the turbo or super charger setup

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
14mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:43 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quite an accomplishment. Not sure cost or durability was a consideration, but it proves the capability is there. Kudos. I'd like to see a screw blower for the V6. Wonder if they have the stock piston pins in there? Not for long!
Black12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:52 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
True, if 10 seconds still isn't enough you shoulda got a V-8. For most people this is way more than they can use. I rarely get much chance to floor my stock V-6 but it's cool to see what's possible with technology over displacement. I'm not saying you shouldn't get a V8 but Import types like myself tend to like smaller displacement engines, especially turbos. If the Turbo 4 was available I would've got it over a 6.
It is cool!
When Honda came out with the S2000, I was amazed. Nobody can deny the efficiency of small engines.
There's been a rule that has existed for as long as the internal combustion engine has been around though. It is...

There is no substitute for cubic inches.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:26 AM   #16
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
It is cool!
When Honda came out with the S2000, I was amazed. Nobody can deny the efficiency of small engines.
There's been a rule that has existed for as long as the internal combustion engine has been around though. It is...

There is no substitute for cubic inches.
I thought it went "no replacement for displacement" haha That rule definitely held true before technology became so advanced in these newer cars. Anything's possible at this point.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:57 AM   #17
Admin

Supporter
Admin

What I like about this is that folks who know Mustangs, will pull up beside a non 5.0 badged Mustang, and think they will have an easy day...then he shows them. He has created a sleeper V6, which is going to suprise some stock 5.0's along with other hi-po makes.

If I had a 5.0 and did simular work to it, I'd surely remove the 5.0 badges to do the same to unsuspecting others that pull up along side.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:34 AM   #18
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
What I like about this is that folks who know Mustangs, will pull up beside a non 5.0 badged Mustang, and think they will have an easy day...then he shows them. He has created a sleeper V6, which is going to suprise some stock 5.0's along with other hi-po makes.

If I had a 5.0 and did simular work to it, I'd surely remove the 5.0 badges to do the same to unsuspecting others that pull up along side.

Not me, 5.0 will stay and probably a custom plate... Like, N2O 5 0

Old 07-09-2014, 02:16 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hector won't be on the stock bottom for long.

Been on it long enough and they do not baby that car. Secret is in the tune.

But no need to bash on a great idea and product they have worked so hard on.

And dobypaw3, if you want to be fast get a fox body and be done with it.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
Old 07-09-2014, 04:29 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mustang View Post
Actually the stock bottom end on the the 3.7, well am the internals except the pistons, are forged. They are nasty little engines and are built to handle alot. The Pistons are the weak point but an easy replacement. Ford used forged internals on the 3.7 and it was a great decision. The 5.0 does not have the same quality internals and with modifications like on this 3.7 it will not last as long. It needs much more internal work to be able to compare longevity to the v6 even with the turbo or super charger setup

The MIGHTY 3.7 L Ford should have taken a cue from it with the 5.0
too bad.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:31 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
Gotta gives props to CFM for a job well done. I would love this turbo setup in my own 3.7.

The World's Fastest V6 Mustang Sticks Two Fingers Up At Six-Cylinder Pony Car Haters

Advantage 3.7
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:21 PM   #22
Road Trip!

10.7 Second 3.7L

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf stang View Post
Been on it long enough and they do not baby that car. Secret is in the tune.

But no need to bash on a great idea and product they have worked so hard on.

And dobypaw3, if you want to be fast get a fox body and be done with it.

So Smurf you are saying I need a Foxbody to go fast? PLEEEEEASE!!! Bwahahaha!!! Do you know what the fastest quarter mile 5.0L is in the world? That's right a coyote. It is a built. TT 5.0L with 2138hp runs 7 seconds at over 200 mph. So you can take that foxbody and stick it up your @$$!!! The coyote can easily handle up to 600rwhp close to 700-750 at the crank before motor work is needed. No previous GT motor can do that. You need to build up the old 5.0L and stroke them to make big power. I could drop a mere $2000 and be in the low to mid 11's without losing any sleep. The coyote has the most potential out of any 5.0L. excluding the Boss of course.

FYI the new 5.0L are a much better daily driver you can build to go really fast. Rides much better than a foxbody. Also a lot of fast foxbodies have LS motor in them. Who wants a chevy powered foxbody? Not me!!!

Old 07-09-2014, 06:35 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post

Not to take away from the CFM car.. because it certainly is amazing... But i remember this car... a 9 second V6 Mustang... i remember running against him in Georgia at a V6 Shoot-out... holy crap!

1995 Ford Mustang Turbocharged V-6 - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine

Quote:
So Smurf you are saying I need a Foxbody to go fast? PLEEEEEASE!!! Bwahahaha!!! Do you know what the fastest quarter mile 5.0L is in the world? That's right a coyote. It is a built. TT 5.0L with 2138hp runs high 7 seconds at over 200 mph. So you can take that foxbody and stick it up your @$$!!! The coyote can easily handle up to 600rwhp close to 700-750 at the crank before motor work is needed. No previous GT motor can do that. You need to build up the old 5.0L and stroke them to make big power. I could drop a mere $2000 and be in the low to mid 11's without losing any sleep. The coyote has the most potential out of any 5.0L. excluding the Boss of course.

I think he means if you just want to go fast and you want to do it easily and for a s little money as possible than just grab up a Foxbody.... Sure the new 5.0 is amazing but there is going to be a lot more money involved...

2014 Ingot Silver Vert - MCA Edition

MPT Tuned - MRT Axle Back - MRT Catted H-Pipe - FRPP 3.55
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:45 PM   #24
Road Trip!

10.7 Second 3.7L

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Not to take away from the CFM car.. because it certainly is amazing... But i remember this car... a 9 second V6 Mustang... i remember running against him in Georgia at a V6 Shoot-out... holy crap!

1995 Ford Mustang Turbocharged V-6 - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine

I think he means if you just want to go fast and you want to do it easily and for a s little money as possible than just grab up a Foxbody.... Sure the new 5.0 is amazing but there is going to be a lot more money involved...

For about $2000 and you are running low to mid 11's in a new 5.0L. I do not want a beater. I need a daily driver and a fast one. You will never get what I want from a foxbody and do it cheap!!!

Old 07-09-2014, 07:05 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Fox Bodies? Why even talk about dated antiques on this forum? Isn't there a place for old Fox body's, Pintos, Pacer's etc?
Old 07-10-2014, 08:34 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
For about $2000 and you are running low to mid 11's in a new 5.0L. I do not want a beater. I need a daily driver and a fast one. You will never get what I want from a foxbody and do it cheap!!!

What I am saying is that you come into this thread where the accomplishments of this V6 are great and you are bashing them. No need.

Beating your chest that your little 5.0 is so much better than this V6 that he has developed and built by hand in which you have no clue what you are talking about is absurd.

With the foxbody comment is that my little toy that I built whoops all them new 5.0's with all the tunes and little tricks. So old tech.....yeah your right it is old but it works. And yeah I got power steering, radio and ac.

So instead of putting down this thread with no idea of what you are talking about cause you didn't even know what the build has in it just appreciate people's ingenuity.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:21 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
"Woops all them new 5.0's " that sure is a ballsy statement

Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Haha "whoops all them new 5.0's" hahahahaha... Suspension work, minor bolt ons, and a tune, just as fast, for less. Put on any FI, and the 5.0 will drag your *** down the street.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:57 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Just saying that give credit where credit is due.

Also not that I whoop them but not to many here that I have run into that have FI or that trap more than 130. Sorry but my little stroker with a 100 shot ain't the fastest but sure ain't the slowest.

Old 07-10-2014, 01:09 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

400 shot, get it get it

Old 07-10-2014, 01:21 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
400 shot, get it get it

Naw show me how it is done.

Old 07-10-2014, 01:24 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What I am saying is that you come into this thread where the accomplishments of this V6 are great and you are bashing them. No need.

Beating your chest that your little 5.0 is so much better than this V6 that he has developed and built by hand in which you have no clue what you are talking about is absurd.

With the foxbody comment is that my little toy that I built whoops all them new 5.0's with all the tunes and little tricks. So old tech.....yeah your right it is old but it works. And yeah I got power steering, radio and ac.

So instead of putting down this thread with no idea of what you are talking about cause you didn't even know what the build has in it just appreciate people's ingenuity.

+1
I bet if any of these guys that have a 5.0 wouldnt of been able to afford it or wouldnt of had their parents help them buy their toy they wouldnt be talking to much. If they would have a 3.7 they would be defending the 3.7. I have one myself and i feel proud of it because even though its just a V6 it smokes about more than 3/4 of the cars out there that sometimes cost more than twice than mine. They have amazing potential and everybody has noticed that and a V6 running 10.7 is nothing slow. And yeah its true you could probably get a 5.0 running that with Nitrous and bolt ons but thats why its a V8 theres a night and day difference between that and the V6. At the end of the day you have to give credit where credit is due and this V6 deserves some credit. And just to make it clear even though i am defending the V6 that doesnt mean i would ever FI my stang i would prefer to buy a V8 because yes the 5.0s have way more potential and as much as we might hate it they sound sexy as f&@k. But to those like me who cant afford them yet well lets just say we can smoke the last generation V8s with some bolt ons

mark_ash0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:31 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Naw show me how it is done.
Waiting on nitro Dave and Lance to get back with me. No more baby 200

Old 07-11-2014, 04:42 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Waiting on nitro Dave and Lance to get back with me. No more baby 200

400 shot?
Weak :p
600 shot or bust! Hahaha

The real... boss 227
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:23 AM   #35
Road Trip!

Quote:

Take a couple midol. Quit your bltching.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang