Gt throttle body on a v6 - Page 10 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-24-2015, 06:57 PM   #316
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mustang View Post
Last time I checked performance isn't measured by the brand of oil filter. Stp, k&n, motor craft, Mobil all have good oil filters. We motor craft and stp are mid grade. If I wanted the best I would put the best on it. Truth be told, as long as you change your oil and use a quality product it works just fine. If your going to bash a company or product then use facts not opinions.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

What?! So you are saying that this no name oil filter I use from Midas doesn't add 20 hp? Lol jk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2015, 06:59 PM   #317
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Hahahahaha oh they would love you to believe so. Just like the upper end lubricant they recommend increase performance and gas mileage. Haha.

14mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 07:01 PM   #318
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Hahahahaha oh they would love you to believe so. Just like the upper end lubricant they recommend increase performance and gas mileage. Haha.

They worked me a great deal and did a brake check for $99.99.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2015, 07:01 PM   #319
Registered Member
Regular

Wouldn't put the no name or Walmart filters in the quality product bracket. A few consumer reports have actually been done on oil filters before. It is amazing how similar most of them are yet they claim to be better and cost far more

Old 05-24-2015, 07:05 PM   #320
Kevin.Cook

I'm just messing with my last posts. Did or do you have anything set up to get some dyno #'s from your current config? I tried reading through the 30+ pages here on the mobile app but didn't see anything yet.

Old 05-24-2015, 07:23 PM   #321
Registered Member
Regular

No I got deployed early before I got to the dyno. I am going to run the virtual dyno on my computer next week and see how it looks

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

I know you were messing with me.

Old 05-25-2015, 06:24 AM   #322
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Florida
I never said for performance, i was stating just in fact a better filter. There has been numerous tests, and stp filters don't have a drain back valve. You wanna run **** filters go for it, but don't sit there and say stp is as good as other filters when it doesn't even have the same ****.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:06 AM   #323
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

To get more Horsepower when using the STP filter

You also have to have the STP sticker on your car. It does not necessarily need to be a Mustang, Any Brand car will pick up horsepower, torque, and handle much better using this combination of STP performance products.
I have to also let you know that the larger the sticker, The more performance you will get.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 07:56 AM   #324
Registered Member
Regular

Jon....welcome to marketing. Most things are manufactured by the same company and sold under different names. Also, read first before you post. They definitely have a drain back value. And your Motor craft=purolator.

'This filter is manufactured by Champion Laboratories, Inc. (same guys who make the spark plugs), and is sold under several other brand names.**Champion admits some of these outright, and they are: Lee, Lee Maxi, and STP.**Though they claim the Lee Maxi is a higher quality filter, they make no claims as to why.**It sounds more like a marketing scheme to me.

The Champion design has metal end caps on the filter cartridge, with the bypass valve stamped right into the bottom end cap like the Purolator.**I refer to this as a one-piece filter cartridge.

Though definitely not the same design as the Purolator, it does use the same type of leaf-spring-type spacer at the top of the cartridge and the*nitrile*anti-drainback*valve, which doubles as the cartridge-to-backplate*seal, at the bottom.

The telltale signs for a Champion filter are: 6 large holes for the oil inlet, one of which is larger than the others.**Only the black anti-drainback*valve can be seen through the inlet holes.**There are 6 large crimps holding the gasket in place.**Through the center outlet hole, you can see the bypass valve spring.**Usually, the*backplatemetal is dull, or even rusty.'

Old 05-25-2015, 08:00 AM   #325
Registered Member
Regular

Motor craft
'This is an interesting filter.**Basically, it is a Purolator Pure One filter cartridge in a Purolator Premium Plus case.**Don’t be fooled by the differently-shaped holes cut into the oil inlet.**This is the only difference.**This is a good filter design and if you want to get a Purolator Pure One filter, get*this one instead: it is cheaper.

Like the Purolator Pure One, this filter cartridge features a very large element surface area (400*sqin), but with many pleats (64).**This packs the filter together rather tightly and may restrict flow somewhat.**I could identify the Pure One element media by a purple dye they use at the seam.**It also has the mysterious assembly string wrapped around the outside of the element.**Like the*Purolators, it features a spring-loaded metal bypass valve and a*nitrile*rubber*diaphram-type anti-drainback*valve.**The bypass valve is stamped right into the bottom end cap of the cartridge, so it is all one piece.'

Old 05-25-2015, 08:05 AM   #326
Registered Member
Regular

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...Y4kDEV0gV1S5Fw

Old 05-25-2015, 08:08 AM   #327
Registered Member
Regular

This was done by ford and it even shows the components. Maybe we should have the companies do research for us to find which crap materials they all import and use are stronger and better. I mean who knows , maybe ford has a secret formula spray they put on the cardboard/paper filters that other companies haven't discovered yet.

Old 05-25-2015, 09:10 AM   #328
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I'm just gonna stick with Motorcraft

They are as good or better then almost anything. Wix is a close second.
As long as you change the Filter with the oil at the proper interval, I don't think any of them is so terrible that they will ruin your engine.
Most of us change our oil sooner then the 10,000 miles anyway.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 09:38 AM   #329
Registered Member
Regular

Exactly my point. Well said Ronnie

Old 05-25-2015, 09:54 AM   #330
Registered Member

Regular

Region: North Carolina
I still need to get me a catch can.....
Mods: Cervini Stalker Hood, Roush highflow upper and lower grill, AirRaid CAI, LMR strut tower brace,Mac LT headers,Mac Prochamber, Kooks Highflow Cats,Dynomax Race Bullets (resonators), 2.5 o/a pipes, 2011 Gt500 Axlebacks, MPT 93 performance tune.
alucard3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:33 AM   #331
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I use Motorcraft oil filters. Now that my local Wal-mart is selling them, makes it that much better. I think they sell them for $4.97, which is 3 or 4 dollars cheaper than anywhere else
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:54 AM   #332
Registered Member
Regular

Walmart does have good deals. I was referring to the Walmart supertech or what ever there brand is called.

Old 05-25-2015, 11:01 AM   #333
Registered Member
Regular

Wouldn't trust supertech

Old 05-25-2015, 11:07 AM   #334
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard3600 View Post
I still need to get me a catch can.....
I made mine and have a breather filter on the driver side due it the 3" intake tube setup not having any adapter for the home off that bank. Seems to be doing well and it isn't the suction side like the passenger bank is.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:26 PM   #335
Registered Member

Regular

Again, you want your car to have dry start ups, go for it, but to spend 1 dollar more a filter to get something with that is worth it, but then, it's coming from a guy who wants to put a huge over sized throttle body on his car
Old 05-25-2015, 08:14 PM   #336
Registered Member
Regular

Haha haha your an idiot who obviously doesn't know how to read where it has the very feature your stating it does not have. The tb mod is very popular and works well. If you have no facts and nothing to contribute to a forum why are you even here? This forum should be closed if you have nothing useful to say. Have fun with your base mustang with no mods and your lack of knowledge regarding cars.

Old 05-25-2015, 08:16 PM   #337
Kevin.Cook

Hey 14Mustang. I see you have the Boss Oil Cooler. When checking out this item on AM, it says it only fits the GT cars. How did you go about getting this on the V6?
Old 05-25-2015, 08:24 PM   #338
Registered Member
Regular

It fits perfectly but you have to modify the hose from the f150 3.5 v6 to make it work with our coolant systems. There is a write up on here that shows what to get. I can do a write up on how to if you would like. I spend 85$ total diverge cooler and the hose.

Old 05-25-2015, 08:30 PM   #339
Kevin.Cook

I tried searching the thread but the mobile app always crashes on my S5 whenever doing a search.

Any info would be amazing. I am always looking to add stuff to my engine bay

Old 05-25-2015, 08:31 PM   #340
Registered Member
Regular

Ok I'll post the link

Old 05-25-2015, 08:34 PM   #341
Registered Member
Regular

Interested in adding an oil cooler to your 3.7?

Old 05-25-2015, 08:46 PM   #342
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Interested in adding an oil cooler to your 3.7?

Thanks. I see it was mentioned an upgraded radiator might be needed. Unless someone has confirmed that the 3.7 radiator can handle the additional heat fine after tracking.

Old 05-25-2015, 09:21 PM   #343
Registered Member
Regular

Or just upgrade the thermostat. I am going to run some data logs and see what it shows when run hard

Old 05-25-2015, 11:42 PM   #344
Registered Member

Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon3.7 View Post
Again, you want your car to have dry start ups, go for it, but to spend 1 dollar more a filter to get something with that is worth it, but then, it's coming from a guy who wants to put a huge over sized throttle body on his car
It's to each his own, personally I would love to see the Dyno results with it myself, but at the same time I cant see how it wouldn't help with your intake ported, I will probably do the same thing with how cheap the GT throttle bodies are, after I get Lonewolf to port my intake.
Mods: Cervini Stalker Hood, Roush highflow upper and lower grill, AirRaid CAI, LMR strut tower brace,Mac LT headers,Mac Prochamber, Kooks Highflow Cats,Dynomax Race Bullets (resonators), 2.5 o/a pipes, 2011 Gt500 Axlebacks, MPT 93 performance tune.
alucard3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:23 PM   #345
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Jon....welcome to marketing. Most things are manufactured by the same company and sold under different names. Also, read first before you post. They definitely have a drain back value. And your Motor craft=purolator.

'This filter is manufactured by Champion Laboratories, Inc. (same guys who make the spark plugs), and is sold under several other brand names.**Champion admits some of these outright, and they are: Lee, Lee Maxi, and STP.**Though they claim the Lee Maxi is a higher quality filter, they make no claims as to why.**It sounds more like a marketing scheme to me.

The Champion design has metal end caps on the filter cartridge, with the bypass valve stamped right into the bottom end cap like the Purolator.**I refer to this as a one-piece filter cartridge.

Though definitely not the same design as the Purolator, it does use the same type of leaf-spring-type spacer at the top of the cartridge and the*nitrile*anti-drainback*valve, which doubles as the cartridge-to-backplate*seal, at the bottom.

The telltale signs for a Champion filter are: 6 large holes for the oil inlet, one of which is larger than the others.**Only the black anti-drainback*valve can be seen through the inlet holes.**There are 6 large crimps holding the gasket in place.**Through the center outlet hole, you can see the bypass valve spring.**Usually, the*backplatemetal is dull, or even rusty.'

FYI guys...Kirkland Brand Vodka is really Grey Goose also the Safeway brand of peanut butter is Peter Pan brand...Same **** different name...and one is the cheaper product...
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:49 PM   #346
Registered Member
Regular

Haha can't speak about vodka or peanut butter. The quoted text is from a research article regarding oil filters currently on the market.

Old 05-30-2015, 03:50 PM   #347
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
LOL, Ya ...I just wanted to add that in there for effect.
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang