Holding on additional mods - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-15-2014, 09:06 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Holding on additional mods

Hello

My MCA 2011 was bought used in January and came with blacked out front grill and I have the original grill in my garage. I have added a Raxion GPS with backup camera, ordered and loaded the Bama street 87 tune and just added an engine cover.

I have been on the edge about adding a CAI but after reading all the information and posts I have decided to stick with the factory box with the K&N air filter I installed. Yes CAI look good but not sure they are good return on investment

The car is plenty fast and very responsive after the tune.

I am sorry I will be out of town this weekend and not able to go to Myrtle Beach for Mustang week.

So I am going to hold with what I have in my ride. I have very nice riding and driving car that can hold its own on the road. Plus it looks good.

I will continue to go to the local Cars and Coffee events.

2015 Roush RS1 Premium w PP
Roush Performance upgrade-- Tinted Windows
JLT Catch Can--Ford Racing Strut Brace
Flowmaster scavenger "Y" pipe resonator delete
b2673ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2014, 10:21 AM   #2
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by b2673ad View Post
Hello

My MCA 2011 was bought used in January and came with blacked out front grill and I have the original grill in my garage. I have added a Raxion GPS with backup camera, ordered and loaded the Bama street 87 tune and just added an engine cover.

I have been on the edge about adding a CAI but after reading all the information and posts I have decided to stick with the factory box with the K&N air filter I installed. Yes CAI look good but not sure they are good return on investment

The car is plenty fast and very responsive after the tune.

I am sorry I will be out of town this weekend and not able to go to Myrtle Beach for Mustang week.

So I am going to hold with what I have in my ride. I have very nice riding and driving car that can hold its own on the road. Plus it looks good.

I will continue to go to the local Cars and Coffee events.
Hey Kevin-I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying the tune and GPS! Get to know the car before you're to continue modding it. That's the school of thought I'm from but I eventually cave and throw some extra parts on there. Ford did a great job with the factory air box but there's definitely a little extra corked up in there. The K&N Filter will definitely help create better flow as well. Let me know if there's anything else I can help out with in the meantime and enjoy!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:49 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
If you're happy with it, enjoy it! These cars came fast enough and enjoyable enough from the factory for most people. I didn't start modding until I had the car for almost 2 years, but then I made up for lost time LOL. Glad you are happy with your mustang, and glad you got to be where you want with it! That is the goal of everyone on this forum, to be where they want with your car. Enjoy your ride!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang