Am i gonna f up my stang!? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-15-2014, 12:34 PM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Eagle Pass
Region: Texas
Posts: 4
Am i gonna f up my stang!?

I have a 2013 v6 manual, love it and wouldn't be happier with anything else! I love revving it up and listening to the flowmasters i put, im wondering if its bad to drive hard or will my pistons blow up or something like that!?
memo_soy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-15-2014, 01:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Voltwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,442
really... really.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:10 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
TorchRed6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: East
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 306
unless you try to rev it past redline and be 100% stupid while shifting, no. its gonna survive just about anything
TorchRed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-15-2014, 01:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
mikeygaga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Long Island
Region: New York
Posts: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by memo_soy1 View Post
i have a 2013 v6 manual, love it and wouldn't be happier with anything else! I love revving it up and listening to the flowmasters i put, im wondering if its bad to drive hard or will my pistons blow up or something like that!?
yes it will.. Do not accellerate over 70mph or your engine will explode.
__________________
2016 GT- Lund tune, jlt intake, mbrp catback.
2014 3.7 - SOLD
mikeygaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:44 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
If you go over 70 MPH consistently you WILL blow your engine after a few weeks. If you rev it past 5,000 RMPs in your driveway your pistons will combust. If you hit 100 MPH your wheels will come lose and your muffler could backfire causing your engine to explode. If you have the windows open over 55 MPH you run the risk of your vehicle flipping due to air-drag. If your radio is too loud while you are going fast you could cause a wavelength-gasm and create a black hole inside your car causing it to turn into a Honda FIT.
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:45 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Voltwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,442
The pistons don't actually blow up, but the concussive kinetic force from the accelerated RPMS will actually cause them to separate from the crank and lift your cylinder head. This Is why you hear people say excessive cylinder pressure is bad, and most high HP cars go with a lower 9:1 or 9.5:1 compression ratio. However, since your cyclone 3.7 engine is a 14:1 static dynamic compression ratio, it really is possible to lift the head from excessive acceleration. I wouldn't do it.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:52 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
The pistons don't actually blow up, but the concussive kinetic force from the accelerated RPMS will actually cause them to separate from the crank and lift your cylinder head. This Is why you hear people say excessive cylinder pressure is bad, and most high HP cars go with a lower 9:1 or 9.5:1 compression ratio. However, since your cyclone 3.7 engine is a 14:1 static dynamic compression ratio, it really is possible to lift the head from excessive acceleration. I wouldn't do it.
Best explanation you can find, OP. It really is just too risky, especially with those flowmasters, they widen up the exhaust so much you're adding A LOT of horsepower and it will really put that engine at risk at any speed over 60+ In my honest opinion.
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:19 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
mikeygaga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Long Island
Region: New York
Posts: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
If you go over 70 MPH consistently you WILL blow your engine after a few weeks. If you rev it past 5,000 RMPs in your driveway your pistons will combust. If you hit 100 MPH your wheels will come lose and your muffler could backfire causing your engine to explode. If you have the windows open over 55 MPH you run the risk of your vehicle flipping due to air-drag. If your radio is too loud while you are going fast you could cause a wavelength-gasm and create a black hole inside your car causing it to turn into a Honda FIT.
__________________
2016 GT- Lund tune, jlt intake, mbrp catback.
2014 3.7 - SOLD
mikeygaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:22 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Voltwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,442
C'mon guys. This guy asks a serious question, I give him a serious response and then you come in here with that nonsense... very unprofessional. This whole thread is just turning into a kerfuffle of trolling, and I for one wont have it.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:43 PM   #10
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
MustangDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lake Forest
Region: California
Posts: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
If you go over 70 MPH consistently you WILL blow your engine after a few weeks. If you rev it past 5,000 RMPs in your driveway your pistons will combust. If you hit 100 MPH your wheels will come lose and your muffler could backfire causing your engine to explode. If you have the windows open over 55 MPH you run the risk of your vehicle flipping due to air-drag. If your radio is too loud while you are going fast you could cause a wavelength-gasm and create a black hole inside your car causing it to turn into a Honda FIT.
Dang! I'm tradin' my stang in for a Fit
__________________
2013 V6 Auto Premium | Sterling Gray | Pony/Comfort/Security Packages
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:01 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
C'mon guys. This guy asks a serious question, I give him a serious response and then you come in here with that nonsense... very unprofessional. This whole thread is just turning into a kerfuffle of trolling, and I for one wont have it.
Ummm... might have been a serious response but it was an inaccurate one...


The 3.7 has a compression ratio of 10.5:1. Not sure what the heck a "static dynamic compression ratio"... either you are static or you are dynamic... you can't e both... so no idea where the heck you are getting 14:1....

If you want a serious answer.. the biggest threat to the motor is running really bad guess and getting engine knock that you ignore and still hammer on the car... the weak point of the engine is going to be the hypertheuretic piston and the thin ring landing... the ring landing won't like much pre-detonation (pinging) and will have a tendency to have piece crack off causing all kind of havoc...

As for the pistons separating from the crank? Really? who's not being serious now? Not going to stretch the rods unless you add some type of FI...

Other thing might be if you over rev it, you might float a valve...
__________________
___
John - The V6 Apologist

2014 Ingot Silver Vert - MCA Edition

MPT Tuned - MRT Axle Back - MRT Catted H-Pipe - FRPP 3.55
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:03 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Ummm... might have been a serious response but it was an inaccurate one...


The 3.7 has a compression ratio of 10.5:1. Not sure what the heck a "static dynamic compression ratio"... either you are static or you are dynamic... you can't e both... so no idea where the heck you are getting 14:1....

If you want a serious answer.. the biggest threat to the motor is running really bad guess and getting engine knock that you ignore and still hammer on the car... the weak point of the engine is going to be the hypertheuretic piston and the thin ring landing... the ring landing won't like much pre-detonation (pinging) and will have a tendency to have piece crack off causing all kind of havoc...

As for the pistons separating from the crank? Really? who's not being serious now? Not going to stretch the rods unless you add some type of FI...

Other thing might be if you over rev it, you might float a valve...
LOL. I think that went way over your head... Like. Way up in the sky over your head.
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:06 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
LOL. I think that went way over your head... Like. Way up in the sky over your head.
hey.. i seriously thought you wanted a serious answer... but obviously you just wanted to have fun like everyone else...
__________________
___
John - The V6 Apologist

2014 Ingot Silver Vert - MCA Edition

MPT Tuned - MRT Axle Back - MRT Catted H-Pipe - FRPP 3.55
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:07 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
NewMtang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
C'mon guys. This guy asks a serious question, I give him a serious response and then you come in here with that nonsense... very unprofessional. This whole thread is just turning into a kerfuffle of trolling, and I for one wont have it.
Anyone know who died and left Voltwings in charge?
__________________
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:20 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Voltwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
LOL. I think that went way over your head... Like. Way up in the sky over your head.


lol I think this guy's too ^^

Seriously ... I said Kerfuffle ... you think I'm being serious?
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:26 PM   #16
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Eagle Pass
Region: Texas
Posts: 4
Alright well thanks guys I suppose I'm really not doing anything bad and I was wondering if anything has happened to people who do drive it hard, but thanks for the serious responses really helped and I guess there's really not much I should worry about!! 👌
memo_soy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:26 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 109
hey, yes, the op question is very juvenile to all of us... however, i think back to my first car... i had no idea about cars, except turn the key and put in gas! My Dad, while a great Dad, was very mechanically uninclined... So yeah, we view it as a ridiculous question, however, when I was young and uninformed, i might have asked the very same thing....
__________________
___
John - The V6 Apologist

2014 Ingot Silver Vert - MCA Edition

MPT Tuned - MRT Axle Back - MRT Catted H-Pipe - FRPP 3.55
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:31 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by memo_soy1 View Post
Alright well thanks guys I suppose I'm really not doing anything bad and I was wondering if anything has happened to people who do drive it hard, but thanks for the serious responses really helped and I guess there's really not much I should worry about!! 👌
Au contraire, young padawan, do watch that redline when revving. Also, the magical box that contains Google can answer mostly all of your questions, it is better to search there before coming to a forum where people may take your question and return it with a little jest. However, it is all in good fun. The only way to learn is to ask.
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:41 PM   #19
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Eagle Pass
Region: Texas
Posts: 4
yea well thank you all but yes im 18 and this is my first car so i just don't want to mess it up and was kind of worried, but thank you all and i will research alot more and keep learning!!
memo_soy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:49 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Voltwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,442
Type your question into google followed by forum names, its MUCH easier than using most forums built in search functions.

For example:
3.7 mustang max horsepower mustangevolution

or
3.7 mustang max rpm svtperformance

you get the idea. Learning to search google is your biggest help to modding your car. The platform has been out for years now... chances are the questions have already been asked and answered.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:54 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
If you go over 70 MPH consistently you WILL blow your engine after a few weeks. If you rev it past 5,000 RMPs in your driveway your pistons will combust. If you hit 100 MPH your wheels will come lose and your muffler could backfire causing your engine to explode. If you have the windows open over 55 MPH you run the risk of your vehicle flipping due to air-drag. If your radio is too loud while you are going fast you could cause a wavelength-gasm and create a black hole inside your car causing it to turn into a Honda FIT.


The real... boss 227
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1405457664128.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	161542  
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:12 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
The real... boss 227
Lmao! Good one.

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:39 AM   #23
Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Malvern, PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by memo_soy1 View Post
I have a 2013 v6 manual, love it and wouldn't be happier with anything else! I love revving it up and listening to the flowmasters i put, im wondering if its bad to drive hard or will my pistons blow up or something like that!?
Hey Memo-You're going to be just fine! As long as you're following your regularly scheduled maintenance schedule you're going to be fine! Revving every now and then wont harm the motor. Let us know if you have any other questions, we're here to help out!

Alex
__________________
Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gonna have to sell my 97 stang jesbowcur General Mustang Discussion 2 01-30-2014 10:09 PM
GONNA LOSE MY STANG 00STANG00 The Bar 29 02-21-2010 11:52 AM
I'm gonna sue you -- Ken The Bar 24 01-09-2004 09:06 PM
Well, im gonna claybar and wax the beast again tomorrow. greenflash00 Mustang Audio & Video 12 10-15-2003 07:10 PM
Wow.. tonight is gonna be fun .:DarkEntity:. The Bar 2 07-14-2003 08:34 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



05:33 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.