Brake squeal - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-15-2014, 10:26 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Brake squeal

I have the performance package and i think they come with better brakes but mine squeak pretty bad and sometimes it's an almost grinding sound is it something that would be easy to fix or am I replacing the brakes

Does anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Brandneutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2014, 11:07 PM   #2

Region: Nevada
I also have the performance package and have been hearing a grinding sound when I brake going over speed bumps. And today I also heard a slight squeaking sound while breaking. It doesn't even have 1,000 miles on it yet.

DarkhorseV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:14 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Well at least I'm not the only one hope someone knows more about it because I don't wanna have to go digging through my brake system

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2014, 11:22 PM   #4

I'm thinking about going to my dealership and seeing what's up. Did you get all the extended warranties? I was told that the breaks are better with the performance package as well. I just know I paid cash and only have 900 miles on it and it shouldn't have squeaky breaks.

Old 07-15-2014, 11:28 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I do have the extended warranty and if I take it in to the dealership I'm having them replace the clutch too cuz that sticks and your right a brand new car shouldn't have noisy brakes but I think that there is a brake pad that offers better stopping power at the cost of squeaking while they are cold have you noticed it goes away when the brakes are hot? Mine squeak regardless but I was just wondering

Old 07-15-2014, 11:36 PM   #6

Mine are also squeaking hot or cold. I was coming out of in&out drive threw when I noticed it. I had to turn down my stereo to make sure it was my car because it was a faint squeak but still, it's bran new.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:00 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I was reading online and one guy with the gt500 brakes said he used brake cleaner on the pads and the rotors and it helped

Old 07-16-2014, 09:22 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Brake cleaner, or they possibly aren't lubricated properly. Ideally you want to get the back of the pads, the slide pin and the notches where the pad slides across the shims.

I had a squeal like that when I swapped out my rotors and pads because I forgot to lubricate it
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:22 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I thought that you should put anti squeal on the back of the pads. What would you use to lubricate the other places

Old 07-17-2014, 10:56 AM   #10
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
my 2012 PP has had a speed sensative squeek that comes from drivers rear. Low mileage toy it showed up maybe 6 months in....very faint. I ignored it till I went in for the LCA tsb. They lubed that caliper. 6 months later (3-4K) it came back I lubed the caliper...I noticed a little wobble in the axle flange on the drivers side (measured at .011 / .013) but after lubing it got quiet again. It started again recently and is in being diagnoised as we speak (hopefully). I think I have a bent axle which the service advisor said will be an uphill fight to get wtty covered. I do have the advantage of every time I went to pick up oil filters I made it a point to say "hi" to my salesperson. I talked with her and hopefully she'll help with wtty if that is needed.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:02 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Anti squeal is pretty much just another name for it. Syl-Glyde. It comes in many shapes, sizes and brands but it's the same stuff.

Use that on the back of the pads, NOT the front OR the rotors. Slide pin (the pin with the little rubber bushing on it), and the all 4 notches where the pad slides on the metal shims.

Do NOT use oil-based lubricant like WD-40. Bad things happen, at best it will swell and lock up the bushing on the slide pin.
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang