Did you get the extended warranty? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-16-2014, 10:02 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Did you get the extended warranty?

When you were buying your mustang did you get extended warranty?

I paid 2500 to go from 3 year 36000 miles to 5 years 79000 miles.

I also paid 800 for gap insurance you never know.

I am trying to see if i got ripped off

edit its bumper to bumper
1800CoolGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2014, 10:03 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I paid like 1500 i believe for 100K premium extended warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Ranger052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:07 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I think there is 3 different warranties
white14v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2014, 10:56 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
It sounds like you got ripped off. $2500 for 2 more years of bumper to bumper? Anything that is replaced or worked on under your bumper to bumper automatically has a 2 year unlimited mile add-on to that parts specific warranty according to Ford. Ex. Your paint needs to be redone, you get the 2 years unlimited miles added on. IMO it is better to do a complete and thorough check of everything before warranty expires and get anything that may need replacing replaced, and then anything you did have problems with will have the warranty extension. Not to mention is cheaper to have an extended warranty that covers your power train as well when your warranty is about to be up, not when you first get the car. I understand you wanted to be safe, buy $2500? Jeez lol. By 3 years anything that was gonna go wrong would have, and you would have the extended warranty for free on those that did. And anything else certainly wouldn't add up to 2500 in 2 years unless you had the worst built mustang in history. Hell, you would just want to replace it with aftermarket parts by then anyway and it would be cheaper than 2500 for a full aftermarket suspension!

Old 07-16-2014, 11:11 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yah i felt like i paid too much and still feel like i paid too much.

Its nice not to have to worry about putting on miles but i definitely feel like i got ripped off.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:25 AM   #6

I bought the extended warranty on the 2009 dodge minivan i purchased new. I would never get one again. felt like i got ripped off and it was always a fight with the dealer over whether the issue with the car in question was covered.

i'd rather take my chances and use my personal mechanic who i trust. worst case scenario i'll trade the clunker in for something else.
Runingwithpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:32 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runingwithpower View Post
I bought the extended warranty on the 2009 dodge minivan i purchased new. I would never get one again. felt like i got ripped off and it was always a fight with the dealer over whether the issue with the car in question was covered.

i'd rather take my chances and use my personal mechanic who i trust. worst case scenario i'll trade the clunker in for something else.
Well i got the premium one so pretty much everything is covered.

I also plan on keeping the car for atleast 5 years so thats another reason i got it. The thing is i felt like 2500 was alot and i guess my instinct was right
Old 07-16-2014, 11:43 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Extended warranty? Of course you know that you bought your new car second hand off the dealer who bought it from FORD. Then you bought a warranty from the same dealer, NOT... FORD motor company, because FORD doesn't sell extended warranty's. Everything is negotiable! Pay what you want or walk. You can buy a warranty at any age for any car. Dealers DEAL. Buy your car for your offered price, take it and and never go back to the DEALER after the factory warranty is over. Find a good mentor.
Black12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:24 PM   #9
Admin

Supporter
Admin

I was able to obtain the remainder of the factory warranty, plus an additional 100K drivetrain warranty (at no cost) because I bought my Mustang used from a Ford dealer. The 100K warranty is something this dealer (backed by Ford) does on all their "certified pre-owned" used vehicles.

Something to kick around to those who are thinking on buying used.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:53 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black12 View Post
Extended warranty? Of course you know that you bought your new car second hand off the dealer who bought it from FORD. Then you bought a warranty from the same dealer, NOT... FORD motor company, because FORD doesn't sell extended warranty's. Everything is negotiable! Pay what you want or walk. You can buy a warranty at any age for any car. Dealers DEAL. Buy your car for your offered price, take it and and never go back to the DEALER after the factory warranty is over. Find a good mentor.

You are wrong!!!

With my extended warranty i can go to any ford or Lincoln dealer in the USA

Ranger052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:08 PM   #11
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Mine is right from "FORD"

I bought my car brand new in 2012. I Bought the Genuine "FORD" 5 year to 70,000 mile extended warranty at the same time for $900.00. It takes over when the Factory 3 year coverage is over. It is bumper to bumper but it is $50.00 deductible if I do need to bring it in for repairs.
So far my Mustang never needed anything at all. Notheing has gone wrong with my car at all.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:32 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

That was a good price Ronnie, $900 is a lot better than $2500, for that price it is worth it I would say just in case

Old 07-16-2014, 06:58 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
That was a good price Ronnie, $900 is a lot better than $2500, for that price it is worth it I would say just in case

That $900 was a good price! The difference probably went in the dealers pocket.
Of course, unless you're getiing a good deal (like Ronnie did) or you want to include its cost in your car loan, you can wait 'til the 3-year/36,000-mile bumper to bumper coverage ends. At which time you may or may not want it.
Also, remember that the power train warranty and roadside assistance are 5-year/60,000-miles.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:38 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I have never bought any extended warranty and have saved over $30,000 over the years. It's been cheaper for me to buy new every few years with the money I save in not buying warranties or ever paying for maintenance besides oil changes.
chitownpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:57 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Paid 1800 for a 10 year 80K all inclusive. I didn't think that was too bad.

2008 Roush 427R
2014 V6 Prem
rmb427r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:00 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Check out floodfordesp.com and their prices...I also overpaid ($1405 for a 6yr/60,000mi warrantee) that I am now being refunded for...can get a 7yr/100000 mile warranty for $800 2-3 years (25-30K miles) in the future

rlapointjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:01 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1405558904.737402.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	425.7 KB
ID:	161597

Old 07-16-2014, 08:02 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

That's for my car 20,000 miles into the future

Old 07-16-2014, 08:43 PM   #19
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Yes, I just put it all on Ford Credit

I traded for $5,000 out the door. Then I added the warranty for $900.00
Total was $5900.00 which I just paid off in two months.
Ronnie
Old 07-16-2014, 08:49 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I meant to put this picClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1405561751.992019.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	458.5 KB
ID:	161612

Old 07-16-2014, 11:06 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I bought my car brand new in 2012. I Bought the Genuine "FORD" 5 year to 70,000 mile extended warranty at the same time for $900.00. It takes over when the Factory 3 year coverage is over. It is bumper to bumper but it is $50.00 deductible if I do need to bring it in for repairs.

So far my Mustang never needed anything at all. Notheing has gone wrong with my car at all.

Ronnie

So what does bumper to bumper actually cover? I also paid around 2800 for the extended and gap insurance.

Dcansmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:12 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
7 year 125,000 premium ford esp. paid 1990. 100 deductible. Rental included.

I found Lombard ford has it for 1745 online. I'm keeping it through the selling dealer.
badka2ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:49 AM   #23
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Extended warrantys are a gamble. My experience on autos is that if something major is going to happen, it usually does within the factory warranty period. Buying an extended warranty gives you the piece of mind and security of knowing your covered if something fails beyond the factory warranty, but with many cases, nothing fails, so the money spent was moot.

Same way with appliances (TV's, washers, dryers, refrigerators). You get a factory warranty that usually covers one year from defects, and can extend that for 30 to 50 bucks more for a couple of years. Todays appliances last for several trouble free years. I roll the dice and deny those as well.

My feeling is that if a warranty is my first and formost priority in purchasing a car, then I'll buy a vehicle that has a 100K factory warranty included in its price.

If we were to tally up the number of paid warranty claims made on a particular automobile type after its factory warranty expired, the companies that sold extended warranties will still be a far cry ahead. They are in the business to make money.

Again, its a gamble at best. Do some homework before you buy a particular brand or model to see what its service repair record is. I'm seeing that the Mustang is doing very well in this catagory. Not a whole lot of issues being reported in the way of costly repairs having to be done after the factory warranty expires.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:17 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlapointjr View Post
Check out floodfordesp.com and their prices...I also overpaid ($1405 for a 6yr/60,000mi warrantee) that I am now being refunded for...can get a 7yr/100000 mile warranty for $800 2-3 years (25-30K miles) in the future

I purchased mine car in March do you think its too late for a refund?

Right now my car has 6000 miles on it so technically i havent even reached the point where i used any of the extended warranty because extended warranty will kick in after 36000 miles.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:32 AM   #25
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

The thing about the ""EXTENDED WARRANTY"" is this>>>>

If you don't get it == Something will go wrong as soon as the factory warranty expires.

If you do get it== You can assure yourself that absolutely nothing will go wrong.

That is::: until your extended warranty expires.

Ronnie
Old 07-17-2014, 08:43 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
If you don't get it == Something will go wrong as soon as the factory warranty expires.

If you do get it== You can assure yourself that absolutely nothing will go wrong.

That is::: until your extended warranty expires.

Ronnie
Well i plan on getting it once i get near 36000 miles but as of right now i feel like i have been overcharged by paying 2500 to add another 34000 miles to the warranty because the people that posted on here have gotten it for much less.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:53 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1800CoolGuy View Post
Well i plan on getting it once i get near 36000 miles but as of right now i feel like i have been overcharged by paying 2500 to add another 34000 miles to the warranty because the people that posted on here have gotten it for much less.

Contact the dealer, and if that does not work, contact Ford ESP reps. They will handle it for you.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:54 AM   #28
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Wow, That is a lot

1800CoolGuy,
Look on you paperwork and see exactly what you paid for. Either you got 100,000 mile coverage or you got swindled. Is your's from "FORD" or did they sell you some non-Ford coverage?

You say:
Quote:
Well i got the premium one so pretty much everything is covered.

I also plan on keeping the car for atleast 5 years so thats another reason i got it. The thing is i felt like 2500 was alot and i guess my instinct was right
$2,500 is a lot if you only got 70,000 5 year extension.

Ronnie
Old 07-17-2014, 12:57 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

I want to wish all of you that purchased your warranty the best of luck. Outside of factory warranty, know that all your issues will be with the dealer and not FMC. That said, you are at the mercy of your favorite dealer. Merciful they are NOT. Make sure everything is in writing and you understand what your part ($) is. Dealers love these extended warranty's, that's why they sell them, it's not for your benefit.
Black12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:37 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

I didn't purchase any extended warranty because I knew I would void it within a couple weeks lol.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:41 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Did you get the extended warranty?

Floodfordesp.com bought five warranties from them and really easy to do and 100% ford, not 3rd party that most dealers push as they get a % kick back.

Or at least while your at the dealer making the deal use your smart phone and check Floodfordesp for the price first to help you negotiate, I have yet to find a local dealer that can touch it.

I like to hold on to vehicles so got the max 7/125 and premium care.

But warranties are only as good as your plans. If you like new cars all the times dont get them,simple as that for me.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Batdive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:01 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batdive View Post
Floodfordesp.com bought five warranties from them and really easy to do and 100% ford, not 3rd party that most dealers push as they get a % kick back.

Or at least while your at the dealer making the deal use your smart phone and check Floodfordesp for the price first to help you negotiate, I have yet to find a local dealer that can touch it.

I like to hold on to vehicles so got the max 7/125 and premium care.

But warranties are only as good as your plans. If you like new cars all the times dont get them,simple as that for me.

+ 1 on floodfordesp.com

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

Old 07-18-2014, 12:35 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Extended warrantys are a gamble. My experience on autos is that if something major is going to happen, it usually does within the factory warranty period. Buying an extended warranty gives you the piece of mind and security of knowing your covered if something fails beyond the factory warranty, but with many cases, nothing fails, so the money spent was moot.

Same way with appliances (TV's, washers, dryers, refrigerators). You get a factory warranty that usually covers one year from defects, and can extend that for 30 to 50 bucks more for a couple of years. Todays appliances last for several trouble free years. I roll the dice and deny those as well.

My feeling is that if a warranty is my first and formost priority in purchasing a car, then I'll buy a vehicle that has a 100K factory warranty included in its price.

If we were to tally up the number of paid warranty claims made on a particular automobile type after its factory warranty expired, the companies that sold extended warranties will still be a far cry ahead. They are in the business to make money.

Again, its a gamble at best. Do some homework before you buy a particular brand or model to see what its service repair record is. I'm seeing that the Mustang is doing very well in this catagory. Not a whole lot of issues being reported in the way of costly repairs having to be done after the factory warranty expires.
Look at the extended warranty like health insurance for your car. You don't always need it but when you do your glad you have it. It's a gamble like any other insurance policy.

With the cost of an engine, transmission, computer, sound system, and labor etc. etc. I'm ok with spending the bucks. I'm covered for 7/125,000. It costs me $35 a month in the payment. That's about what I pay for my gym membership, if I take my wife out to a reasonable restaurant we pay more than that for one meal, I can deal with it for the peace of mind. Honestly, I hope I never use it.
badka2ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:42 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I didn't purchase the extended warranty. I have a little over 5,200 and my car wont be two years old on the 19th January.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:13 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Lol as soon as I walked in to do the last paper work I told the guy let's make this fast and simple lol I don't want any warrantys

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang