BAMA- What are you really getting from them? - Page 10 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-04-2014, 01:33 PM   #316
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Oh wow...that sounds intense...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2014, 01:45 PM   #317
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
They also said to switch back to stock AGAIN, then load the MPT tune, then drive it for 50-75 miles with no WOT so the car can relearn.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:57 PM   #318
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Hello

I have had no problems with my BAMA tune.

Great service and the car does perform better.

2015 Roush RS1 Premium w PP
Roush Performance upgrade-- Tinted Windows
JLT Catch Can--Ford Racing Strut Brace
Flowmaster scavenger "Y" pipe resonator delete
b2673ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2014, 01:57 PM   #319
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
So I am finally going to pull the trigger tonight. I think I'll give BAMA a shot, seeing as they still have a pretty good reputation as far as the safety their tunes. I simply can't afford to have a tune takeout my engine. I'm hoping to get in contact with an AM rep here to get setup with a tune just like grabber's.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Airraid CAI | BBK Ceramic Shorty Headers | BBK Catted X-Pipe | Ford Racing Sport Axlebacks | GT/CS Spoiler | Black GT500 Stripes
ToP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:05 PM   #320
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToP View Post
So I am finally going to pull the trigger tonight. I think I'll give BAMA a shot, seeing as they still have a pretty good reputation as far as the safety their tunes. I simply can't afford to have a tune takeout my engine. I'm hoping to get in contact with an AM rep here to get setup with a tune just like grabber's.

Shoot Alex a PM and he'll tell you exactly what to do! I believe you just need to purchase the tuner (use the forum discount, 6% off of $400 is a good amount!!!), and then you'll get an e-mail to fill out everything and then just wait for your tuner to arrive! Give Bama a call right now if you want too to ask what the process is for sure!
Old 08-04-2014, 02:09 PM   #321
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

I too have gained more confidence in BAMA because of this thread. I already contacted Alex this morning to get the ball rolling.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:39 PM   #322
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
I too have gained more confidence in BAMA because of this thread. I already contacted Alex this morning to get the ball rolling.
Awesome! I advise the 93 race. I asked for the low end torque/throttle response, not sure if that is now included in the new tunes, or however it works, but you will love the tune! The whole process was a lot simpler and easier with Bama than it was with MPT, definitely glad I bought the tuner from AM and have Bama tunes for life, then went with the one MPT tune.
Old 08-04-2014, 02:55 PM   #323
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Shoot Alex a PM and he'll tell you exactly what to do! I believe you just need to purchase the tuner (use the forum discount, 6% off of $400 is a good amount!!!), and then you'll get an e-mail to fill out everything and then just wait for your tuner to arrive! Give Bama a call right now if you want too to ask what the process is for sure!

Cool, thanks! By chance do you remember the name of the guy who wrote your tune? It's a pain to search via mobile, but I would like to request him for my tune. Sounds like your tune had the firm shifting and power down low I'm looking for.

Airraid CAI | BBK Ceramic Shorty Headers | BBK Catted X-Pipe | Ford Racing Sport Axlebacks | GT/CS Spoiler | Black GT500 Stripes
Old 08-04-2014, 04:27 PM   #324
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Cool, thanks! By chance do you remember the name of the guy who wrote your tune? It's a pain to search via mobile, but I would like to request him for my tune. Sounds like your tune had the firm shifting and power down low I'm looking for.

Paul! He's the head tuner
Old 08-04-2014, 04:41 PM   #325
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Paul! He's the head tuner
Thanks! Just put my order in, so fingers crossed! I'm both extremely excited and nervous at the same time. I'll defiantly report back once my tuner comes in.

Old 08-04-2014, 05:00 PM   #326
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks! Just put my order in, so fingers crossed! I'm both extremely excited and nervous at the same time. I'll defiantly report back once my tuner comes in.
Very nice! Glad you made your choice with BAMA! You really can't beat being able to send for a new tune at any point during your modding process. We aren't dropping thousands of dolls and installing parts in our cars all at once. It reassuring to know that a year two years down the road you can get a fresh new set of tunes.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:35 PM   #327
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Very nice! Glad you made your choice with BAMA! You really can't beat being able to send for a new tune at any point during your modding process. We aren't dropping thousands of dolls and installing parts in our cars all at once. It reassuring to know that a year two years down the road you can get a fresh new set of tunes.
Tunes for life is defiantly a plus. It gives peace of mind knowing BAMA is willing to stand by you as you continue to mod.

So here's a dumb question, did you guys get a confirmation email after filling out the BAMA form? I pretty sure mine went through, but my internet connection is acting up so I'm not positive.

Old 08-04-2014, 06:11 PM   #328
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Tunes for life is defiantly a plus. It gives peace of mind knowing BAMA is willing to stand by you as you continue to mod.

So here's a dumb question, did you guys get a confirmation email after filling out the BAMA form? I pretty sure mine went through, but my internet connection is acting up so I'm not positive.
No I didn't just call them tomorrow to make sure!
Old 08-05-2014, 08:12 AM   #329
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
PM's Replied-

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2673ad View Post
Hello
I have had no problems with my BAMA tune.
Great service and the car does perform better.
Sir,

I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying the Tune and Service-Let me know if you have any other questions!

Quote:
You're looking good to go and we should have this sent out shortly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions-As you know I check my PM's at all hours!

Quote:

This^^I think it's one of the greatest aspects and personally it was what made me get mine years ago.

Quote:

Let me know if you didn't get my PM! I sent the Tune Email over last night.

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #330
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Alex, pm and email received! Not to sound too anxious, but how long does it normally take to ship the tuner out? I am hoping to get it next week so I can test it out before I go back to school.

Old 08-05-2014, 07:37 PM   #331
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
Just bought a tuner last night also can't wait to see the diffrence.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 08-05-2014, 11:14 PM   #332
Registered Member
Regular

You won't regret it! Best mod for the money!!
Old 08-07-2014, 08:49 PM   #333
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
GB93 what exactly did you ask for in your MPT tune. I just got my 91 Performance Race tune today and I do like the harder shifts. One thing I didn't like was when driving at city speeds it seemed to downshift way too early. Not sure if it is how their stock 91r tune is but it only helps with their downshifting on high speeds. The difference in actual performance might be just slightly over the 91r tune from Bama but then again I'm not sure if I actually received the "beta" tune when that's what I asked for. Can anyone else confirm or deny if their fresh MPT tune downshifts too early? Kona Blue since you seem to have lots of experience with MPT as well did the relearn phase smooth this out if it was a early problem?
jonyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 09:06 PM   #334
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyou View Post
GB93 what exactly did you ask for in your MPT tune. I just got my 91 Performance Race tune today and I do like the harder shifts. One thing I didn't like was when driving at city speeds it seemed to downshift way too early. Not sure if it is how their stock 91r tune is but it only helps with their downshifting on high speeds. The difference in actual performance might be just slightly over the 91r tune from Bama but then again I'm not sure if I actually received the "beta" tune when that's what I asked for. Can anyone else confirm or deny if their fresh MPT tune downshifts too early? Kona Blue since you seem to have lots of experience with MPT as well did the relearn phase smooth this out if it was a early problem?

MPT said they couldn't bump anything up for more power since they are already at the limits they will safely tune too. It does down shift really early when I'm driving around town... If I go from 30mph to 25mph it's like I'm on the brake I just feel the car slow itself... Not the biggest fan of that myself.... I like it for more spirited driving. MPT said that's just how their tune is, I called and asked to make sure there was nothing wrong. It really doesn't feel that much better than my 93 race from Bama. Just more aggressive shifting. Maybe a tiny bit faster when I floor it. I love how smooth my Bama tune shifts tho.... I will switch between them when I want, I like both of them honestly I may like my Bama a little more and use that and just switch to MPT when I want more "fun" driving. Deff prefer Bama for DD.... Really isn't a noticeable difference in performance that I can tell... Like I said maybe a tiny edge to MPT but nothing to get excited about...

Old 08-07-2014, 09:14 PM   #335
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah that is exactly how it is from what I can tell and how I feel about each tune. I just wish they could have a baby and just be like the best tune out.*cough* BAMA *cough* But yeah I think a tiny edge to MPT with performance and shifting but BAMA has the better DD tune. Did MPT have you do any data logging not regarding your 5k rpm problem?
Old 08-07-2014, 09:27 PM   #336
Registered Member
Regular

I really like my MPT tune but I have MT

2012 v6 Black Performance Package MT CAI 3:73 Ford Racing Gears 91 Hybrid Bama tune Deleted Mufflers
2012 v6 Black Performance Package MT CAI bbk Shorties Ceramic Headers 3:73 Ford Racing Gears MPT 91/ 91 Hybrid Bama tune Deleted Mufflers
DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:19 PM   #337
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to olds442111
I'll chime in here for a second regarding AM / BAMA. I had a long telephone call with Paul yesterday, which led into another call today and several emails regarding tunes. Paul was very helpful with the matters at hand. I got a tune, drove the car, reported back to Paul. Paul in turn would send another tune for testing / critique. I do believe we finally came up with a pretty sweet tune for my 14 Automatic GT. Awesome throttle response, excellent shift points and firmness. No check engine light or wrench mode. Its taking time to work with a customer that is having trouble(s) that makes me stick with these guys. We will be tuning on the 2012 Standard trans car tomorrow night, as I think the tune in the 14 is a keeper for a while. Thanks Paul. AM guys, please pass the thanks on to Paul.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:28 PM   #338
Registered Member
Regular

I'm beginning to think that a lot of the issue is just with Auto tranies. Too hard of shifts and such, but if the performance between the two is not very noticable then it's not really much of a difference for someone with a MT.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:31 PM   #339
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm beginning to think that a lot of the issue is with Auto tranies. Too hard of shifts and such, but if the performance between the two is not very noticable then it's just a mater of preference.
I don't think most people think the MPT shifts too hard, rather people want the BAMA tune to shift like the MPT tune or at least have the option to.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:37 PM   #340
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I don't think most people think the MPT shifts too hard, rather people want the BAMA tune to shift like the MPT tune or at least have the option to.
But to be able to DD the MPT it sounds like they don't care for the shifts too much. I haven't ever driven a modified auto trany ever so i have nothing to compare.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:43 PM   #341
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
But to be able to DD the MPT it sounds like they don't care for the shifts too much. I haven't ever driven a modified auto trany ever so i have nothing to compare.
It's more so the early downshift. It works well for say a track or hill driving but not so much for city 25-40mph range.
As for the hard shifts when accelerating I absolutely love it.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:59 PM   #342
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
MPT tune definitely has a good amount of engine braking when traveling at lower speeds. I personally love the way MPT has the transmission shift down when traveling say 40 mph, step on the brake to slow down for a red light. My car downshifts like a manual and yet mine is an automatic.

I personally love the engine braking and downshifts because when its time to accelerate from that slower speed, your in a lower gear and its blast off time. The engine braking does start a bit early but i personally love that.

Sent from my naked Johnson. The thrid real non Boss 227
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:38 PM   #343
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
MPT tune definitely has a good amount of engine braking when traveling at lower speeds. I personally love the way MPT has the transmission shift down when traveling say 40 mph, step on the brake to slow down for a red light. My car downshifts like a manual and yet mine is an automatic.

I personally love the engine braking and downshifts because when its time to accelerate from that slower speed, your in a lower gear and its blast off time. The engine braking does start a bit early but i personally love that.

+1 to everything you are saying
I love the instant take-off ability of my MPT tune. I LOVE the firm shifts that knock you back in your seat. It feels like you are driving a manual. I'm not the biggest fan of the downshift but I do not mind it so much. If I get sick of it I just switch to my Bama tune! Same performance basically just super smooth. When I want to be a race car driver I switch back to MPT, Best of both worlds. And I love that bama tunes for life let's me have an 87S in case I travel and there's no 93 around me!
Old 08-08-2014, 12:54 AM   #344
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

The way you described it sounds really fun. I do drive a manual so I get what you mean to be able to have your car at the ready and then just punch it and take off. To have an auto and do the same things sounds great. It's starting to really make sense to me now the difference between the two.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:55 AM   #345
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
+1 to everything you are saying
I love the instant take-off ability of my MPT tune. I LOVE the firm shifts that knock you back in your seat. It feels like you are driving a manual. I'm not the biggest fan of the downshift but I do not mind it so much. If I get sick of it I just switch to my Bama tune! Same performance basically just super smooth. When I want to be a race car driver I switch back to MPT, Best of both worlds. And I love that bama tunes for life let's me have an 87S in case I travel and there's no 93 around me!
Would you entertain the thought of going to 91s since it probably would be less of an octane change? Not sure it would make much of a difference but I'm pretty sure 91 is offered most places.

And overall I just wasn't expecting that much engine breaking in the lower speeds. I like it but it just was weird because I was used to Bama's smooth downshifting. I think it will grow on me though since I've only driven maybe 30 minutes with it.
Old 08-08-2014, 01:06 AM   #346
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Would you entertain the thought of going to 91s since it probably would be less of an octane change? Not sure it would make much of a difference but I'm pretty sure 91 is offered most places.

And overall I just wasn't expecting that much engine breaking in the lower speeds. I like it but it just was weird because I was used to Bama's smooth downshifting. I think it will grow on me though since I've only driven maybe 30 minutes with it.
I've gotten used to it already.
I don't see a point in going to 91, the 87 is on my tuner because it's cheaper, and what little performance gain I would get (I bet you won't even notice) wouldn't be worth it to me if I want performance I will just my 93 bama race / MPT. The 87 tune is my "fuel economy" tune basically.
Old 08-08-2014, 01:08 AM   #347
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I've gotten used to it already.
I don't see a point in going to 91, the 87 is on my tuner because it's cheaper, and what little performance gain I would get (I bet you won't even notice) wouldn't be worth it to me if I want performance I will just my 93 bama race / MPT. The 87 tune is my "fuel economy" tune basically.
Hmm I understand I just wonder if switching between octanes with the tank does anything drastic. Not too sure just me thinking in text.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:16 AM   #348
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

The price difference between 87 and 91 octane is typically between 15 and 20 cents per gallon on average. I never run the car to empty and my usual fill up is about 10 gallons. The most you're gonna pay at that rate for 91 octane compared to 81 octane is like $2.00 more for 10 gallons. This is an example, but I'm sure you get where I'm goning with this. The manufactures manual actually says something about the car performing better with higher octane. Considering how much I've spent on after market upgrades for my ride, a couple of bucks really is not a big deal. Hell, that $2.00 extra is cheaper than a cup of coffee. I've come this far with my ride and I'm not gonna cheap out now on a couple of bucks for gas. That's just my take on it, but go for what ya know
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:42 AM   #349
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
The price difference between 87 and 91 octane is typically between 15 and 20 cents per gallon on average. I never run the car to empty and my usual fill up is about 10 gallons. The most you're gonna pay at that rate for 91 octane compared to 81 octane is like $2.00 more for 10 gallons. This is an example, but I'm sure you get where I'm goning with this. The manufactures manual actually says something about the car performing better with higher octane. Considering how much I've spent on after market upgrades for my ride, a couple of bucks really is not a big deal. Hell, that $2.00 extra is cheaper than a cup of coffee. I've come this far with my ride and I'm not gonna cheap out now on a couple of bucks for gas. That's just my take on it, but go for what ya know
Agreed, I ran 91 across the board until I moved. It was a 20 cent difference, which isn't much given everything. Now I have 93 o can run for cheeper than what the 91 used to cost me!
Old 08-08-2014, 08:59 AM   #350
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Agreed, I ran 91 across the board until I moved. It was a 20 cent difference, which isn't much given everything. Now I have 93 o can run for cheeper than what the 91 used to cost me!
Yeah, once I wrapped my head around that it's been 91 octane all the way. I'd love to go 93 octane, but it's not offered here in California. Either way, it doesn't make sense to get hung up over a couple of bucks
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang