BAMA- What are you really getting from them? - Page 12 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-16-2014, 06:19 AM   #386
Registered Member
Regular
 
JoeyM91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Shawnee
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,840
American muscle are not even remotely the issue, they're great as ever. The issue people are running into is with dealing with Bama.

Let us know how your experience goes with them.
__________________
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-18-2014, 10:24 AM   #387
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
So the people at the Bama booth at the AM show had no idea what they were talking about. Like. They didn't even know what a data log was. I was with some forum members and one had said he talked to them about the "beta tunes" and they said they didn't know anything about that so I decided to go talk to them myself. They had no idea what beta tunes were or that they were coming out with new tunes. They said the tunes are the same as they have always been, no one gets different or special tunes, and I must be mistaken or someone is lying to me that they got special tunes written for them by Paul. That's when I said well, the car is mine and I was told they were beta tunes and Paul sent them to me directly. The answer was "oh, ok" and they turned to the next person and started talking. I just shook my head and walked away.
Not sure if they were just some random employees there for the show but I would assume the Bama booth had Bama employees.....
If those were the people who have anything to do with tuning your car I would be WORRIED. I think they don't though and at the most pick up phone calls. I sure hope so....
Now I'm a little worried about the "beta tunes" though. Another worker there even said he had no idea what Beta tunes were and that they definitely were NOT changing their tunes.....



Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:39 AM   #388
Registered Member
Regular
 
JoeyM91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Shawnee
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,840
Having been in tech support that deals with sales people. You talked to sales/marketing people. They don't know jack about the specifics of the products. They're only there to drum up business and send you to the people who know what they're doing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-18-2014, 10:42 AM   #389
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Having been in tech support that deals with sales people. You talked to sales/marketing people. They don't know jack about the specifics of the products. They're only there to drum up business and send you to the people who know what they're doing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
That's what I figured... but to not even know what a data log is, and to definitively say "no we don't have beta tunes" and all that instead of "I'm not sure let me ask", jeez. I know of a few people who went to the booth to purchase them thinking they would be getting the new tunes and instead walked away empty handed after their convo's
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:11 PM   #390
Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Malvern, PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
It happened to my 05 before I called Bama and asked why my 87 pulls harder than my 93 and they told me that it tuned for 3.7 I was shocked as I specifically put in writing that I have a 4.0. After that never tried Bama again. I still remember the guy who I spoke to but dont wanna name him. Eversince I have mpt
Hey-I'm sorry to hear about this but it sounds like that this error had occurred within our warehouse as we couldn't physically create a tune with your computer code for an '05. If you were ever to have an order placed with us again feel free to contact me directly and if I need to personally pull the parts and leave a hand written note inside of the box or boxes, I'll do so. Some might say it's overkill but I take pride in what I do here and I definitely make it my business to make sure our customers are happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
Read all 20 pages of this topic and just put my order in for the Bama tuner.

I'm completely impressed with how helpful Alex and American Muscle have been on this thread.

I'm super psyched after reading this.
I am always here to help out day or night no matter what! If you're to have any questions I'm a PM away!
__________________
Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:50 PM   #391
ToP
Registered Member
Regular
 
ToP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: St. Louis
Region: Missouri
Posts: 126
So now that I've had some more time behind the wheel, here are some quick thoughts on my experience with BAMA:

The 91 race tune is still like night and day compared to better the stock tune. Shifts are firm and the car can take off like a bat out of hell. I wish I would of went with the 93 octane, but accidentally picked 91. I'll be contacting BAMA about upgrading to the 93 and hopefully that will further improve the cars performance. I can't comment too much on the other tunes, street and performance, as I really see no need for them so I haven't tried them out. I do wish the tune was a bit more consistent, it feels like sometimes the car doesn't take off as strong as others. Although this could easily be attributed to the adaptive learning that comes with an automatic. Besides the inconsistency, which could or could not be BAMA's fault, the tune kicks ***. The tune is worth the money just to get the improved throttle response and firm shifts.

So quick question for those with BAMA tunes and an automatic: Do I pull fuse #47 or do i just re-install the tune in order to combat the adaptive learning?
__________________
2014 v6

Airraid CAI | BBK Ceramic Shorty Headers | BBK Catted X-Pipe | Ford Racing Sport Axlebacks | GT/CS Spoiler | Black GT500 Stripes
ToP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:43 PM   #392
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
Yes. Just pull it once every two weeks or whenever you want.

Grabber- that's bs! How can they even allow people like that represent their business? ! Even in sales you HAVE to be educated in all aspects of the company your selling for. Marketing even more so.
__________________
“anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”
-George Carlin
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:08 PM   #393
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Grabber- that's bs! How can they even allow people like that represent their business? ! Even in sales you HAVE to be educated in all aspects of the company your selling for. Marketing even more so.
I read a funny story on ME recently, can't remember who it was. The guy went to the Mazda dealership to buy an RX-8. The salesperson was touting how out has a lot of power for a 4 cylinder engine. The ME member says "actually, this car has zero cylinders." The sales guy is like "mmmmhmmmmm...."

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:18 PM   #394
Registered Member
Regular
 
JoeyM91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Shawnee
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
I read a funny story on ME recently, can't remember who it was. The guy went to the Mazda dealership to buy an RX-8. The salesperson was touting how out has a lot of power for a 4 cylinder engine. The ME member says "actually, this car has zero cylinders." The sales guy is like "mmmmhmmmmm...."

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Worked with enough sales people to believe it lol. SHOULD they know more about the product they're selling? Absolutely. Do they or do they need to? Nope. They can still make numbers.
__________________
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:44 PM   #395
Registered Member
Regular
 
smurf stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,341
Shame that Bama makes AM look bad.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2016 VW GTI 2.0 Turbo

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:52 PM   #396
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
Grabber, one of the reasons I was excited about you doing this whole write-up is that you said you were going to quantify the data. Dyno and track. What is your current plan for that?

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:56 PM   #397
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
I have the headers coming before this weekend. Once they go in it's Dyno time. Sorry for the delay; my friend who was gonna help me (he's a mechanics apprentice) hasn't had time lately and I don't feel comfortable tackling the header install myself. I'm sure I could figure it out, but I don't want to spend 8 hours doing it and end up with an exhaust leak.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:59 PM   #398
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Shunc01 has a thread he just started and he has literally the same set up with me with the shorty headers and he is taking it to the Dyno Thursday.
The numbers will be super similar to what I will get he will have an auto too. I believe he is doing MPT and Steeda from what I read.

I also need to put new brakes on this weekend. Mine are shot. Wasn't planning on that coming up but I have to stomp them to even stop now. 30k miles on them. I will be taking it to the closest track possible after the Dyno and new brakes. I have take off GT ones and I'm ordering Hawk HPS pads from AM


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:00 PM   #399
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I have the headers coming before this weekend. Once they go in it's Dyno time. Sorry for the delay; my friend who was gonna help me (he's a mechanics apprentice) hasn't had time lately and I don't feel comfortable tackling the header install myself. I'm sure I could figure it out, but I don't want to spend 8 hours doing it and end up with an exhaust leak.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Absolutely. I would definitely want a helping hand on something like that too. Good luck with the install! I hope you get a good quality set of BBK ceramics! Not those crappy welds some others got.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:09 PM   #400
Registered Member
Regular
 
DirtyDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Yes. Just pull it once every two weeks or whenever you want.

Grabber- that's bs! How can they even allow people like that represent their business? ! Even in sales you HAVE to be educated in all aspects of the company your selling for. Marketing even more so.
Why do you have to pull the fuse? I've never done this before and I've been getting tunes since 2012

2012 v6 Black Performance Package MT CAI 3:73 Ford Racing Gears 91 Hybrid Bama tune Deleted Mufflers
__________________
2012 v6 Black Performance Package MT CAI bbk Shorties Ceramic Headers 3:73 Ford Racing Gears MPT 91/ 91 Hybrid Bama tune Deleted Mufflers
DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:21 PM   #401
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Absolutely. I would definitely want a helping hand on something like that too. Good luck with the install! I hope you get a good quality set of BBK ceramics! Not those crappy welds some others got.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Thank you! I'm going to ask whoever I order from to check before sending them out. I gave AM the chance to price match since they have been so good to me so I am waiting to hear back tomorrow.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:32 AM   #402
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Why do you have to pull the fuse? I've never done this before and I've been getting tunes since 2012

2012 v6 Black Performance Package MT CAI 3:73 Ford Racing Gears 91 Hybrid Bama tune Deleted Mufflers
Apparently people have been having issues where their cars starts to loose it's "oomph" after a few weeks and people want to get that "throw you back in your seat" feeling. So you pull fuse 47 for 10-15 mins and it's supposed to reset the adaptive learning in the vehicle.

Many have said that this helps. I'm not sure I've never done it, but it's not harmful in any way, unless you break the fuse pulling it too hard or something.
__________________
“anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”
-George Carlin
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:45 AM   #403
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
It's an issue with automatics. Adaptive learning adjusts shifting characteristics. DirtyDan's signature says he has manual, which is why he didn't have the problem in 2 years.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:58 AM   #404
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Shouldn't just changing tunes do this for me? It's only been 3 weeks. If I pull it will I have to go through MPT's 50-75 mile relearn process (No WOT)?
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:26 AM   #405
Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Malvern, PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
So the people at the Bama booth at the AM show had no idea what they were talking about. Like. They didn't even know what a data log was. I was with some forum members and one had said he talked to them about the "beta tunes" and they said they didn't know anything about that so I decided to go talk to them myself. They had no idea what beta tunes were or that they were coming out with new tunes. They said the tunes are the same as they have always been, no one gets different or special tunes, and I must be mistaken or someone is lying to me that they got special tunes written for them by Paul. That's when I said well, the car is mine and I was told they were beta tunes and Paul sent them to me directly. The answer was "oh, ok" and they turned to the next person and started talking. I just shook my head and walked away.
Not sure if they were just some random employees there for the show but I would assume the Bama booth had Bama employees.....
If those were the people who have anything to do with tuning your car I would be WORRIED. I think they don't though and at the most pick up phone calls. I sure hope so....
Now I'm a little worried about the "beta tunes" though. Another worker there even said he had no idea what Beta tunes were and that they definitely were NOT changing their tunes.....
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Grabber-

I think one of the issues here is that you did not did speak to anyone directly but you are relaying information provided by someone else. Neither I nor you know exactly what was said or whom your friend spoke with. What we can both agree on is that you personally spoke with our Lead Calibrator and were sent our ‘Beta Tunes’ . You posted how amazing the tunes were , which leads me to believe that you are quite confident in, and satisfied with our tunes. Additionally, I believe you initially spoke with Patrick who confirmed the two of you discussed getting new ‘Beta Tunes’ before your second set were sent out by our Lead Calibrator.

Everyone at that booth is a Tuning Experience Specialist – their day to day duties involve creating and revising tunes, working with datalogs and improving customer experience through various channels such as telephone and email. Each team member knows the term "beta tune" and "datalog". Given the proximity to Diablo [and SCT] it could've been one of their guys but I would imagine they know what a Datalog is as well but we cannot be held responsible for what the manufacturers are claiming.

I just spoke with the Bama Lead Calibrator who confirmed he was there all day and was a part of literally every conversation except when he left to use the facilities. Everyone within Bama Performance has involvement in tune revisions to some degree and are fully aware of current BETA tunes as well as public releases (be it seat time in a car, reviewing datalogs or working side by side with our lead calibrator). To say that we didn't know what beta tunes or a datalog is an unfair statement that contradicts your actual experiences with us. Saying that no one gets "different or special tunes" also goes against your actual experiences with Bama. Regardless of a BETA Tune or Tune Revision, every Bama Custom Tune is truly custom. We encourage datalogs and build every tune to customers’ requests and alter them to meet or exceed expectations.
__________________
Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:39 AM   #406
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Grabber-

I think one of the issues here is that you did not did speak to anyone directly but you are relaying information provided by someone else. Neither I nor you know exactly what was said or whom your friend spoke with. What we can both agree on is that you personally spoke with our Lead Calibrator and were sent our ‘Beta Tunes’ . You posted how amazing the tunes were , which leads me to believe that you are quite confident in, and satisfied with our tunes. Additionally, I believe you initially spoke with Patrick who confirmed the two of you discussed getting new ‘Beta Tunes’ before your second set were sent out by our Lead Calibrator.

Everyone at that booth is a Tuning Experience Specialist – their day to day duties involve creating and revising tunes, working with datalogs and improving customer experience through various channels such as telephone and email. Each team member knows the term "beta tune" and "datalog". Given the proximity to Diablo [and SCT] it could've been one of their guys but I would imagine they know what a Datalog is as well but we cannot be held responsible for what the manufacturers are claiming.

I just spoke with the Bama Lead Calibrator who confirmed he was there all day and was a part of literally every conversation except when he left to use the facilities. Everyone within Bama Performance has involvement in tune revisions to some degree and are fully aware of current BETA tunes as well as public releases (be it seat time in a car, reviewing datalogs or working side by side with our lead calibrator). To say that we didn't know what beta tunes or a datalog is an unfair statement that contradicts your actual experiences with us. Saying that no one gets "different or special tunes" also goes against your actual experiences with Bama. Regardless of a BETA Tune or Tune Revision, every Bama Custom Tune is truly custom. We encourage datalogs and build every tune to customers’ requests and alter them to meet or exceed expectations.
Are these beta tunes something that have to be specifically requested? I am going to order tunes on monday and I would like the super awesome beta tunes!

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:45 AM   #407
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Grabber-

I think one of the issues here is that you did not did speak to anyone directly but you are relaying information provided by someone else. Neither I nor you know exactly what was said or whom your friend spoke with. What we can both agree on is that you personally spoke with our Lead Calibrator and were sent our ‘Beta Tunes’ . You posted how amazing the tunes were , which leads me to believe that you are quite confident in, and satisfied with our tunes. Additionally, I believe you initially spoke with Patrick who confirmed the two of you discussed getting new ‘Beta Tunes’ before your second set were sent out by our Lead Calibrator.

Everyone at that booth is a Tuning Experience Specialist – their day to day duties involve creating and revising tunes, working with datalogs and improving customer experience through various channels such as telephone and email. Each team member knows the term "beta tune" and "datalog". Given the proximity to Diablo [and SCT] it could've been one of their guys but I would imagine they know what a Datalog is as well but we cannot be held responsible for what the manufacturers are claiming.

I just spoke with the Bama Lead Calibrator who confirmed he was there all day and was a part of literally every conversation except when he left to use the facilities. Everyone within Bama Performance has involvement in tune revisions to some degree and are fully aware of current BETA tunes as well as public releases (be it seat time in a car, reviewing datalogs or working side by side with our lead calibrator). To say that we didn't know what beta tunes or a datalog is an unfair statement that contradicts your actual experiences with us. Saying that no one gets "different or special tunes" also goes against your actual experiences with Bama. Regardless of a BETA Tune or Tune Revision, every Bama Custom Tune is truly custom. We encourage datalogs and build every tune to customers’ requests and alter them to meet or exceed expectations.
I would hope that is the case just to the professionalism of both companies who share each other's services so closely. I personally have not delt with Bama too often and the times I have called it's been very short "i need a question answered" and it was answered.
Also I see a lot of people mentioning data logging. I tried it once but my computer crashed and lost all the information. How would you suggest I try this again? I'm still without a reliable computer.
__________________
“anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”
-George Carlin
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:10 AM   #408
Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Malvern, PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Are these beta tunes something that have to be specifically requested? I am going to order tunes on monday and I would like the super awesome beta tunes!
Hey,

Just to touch on this again this is just like when "hybrid" tune requests were floating around. Grabber had new tunes that Bama had been working on working on sent over for his V6 and they had so many requests for his setup they began incorporating his specs into every tune. If you're currently running Bama tunes on your GT and there's something that you would like changed shoot them a call so they can get a better idea of what you're looking for!

Alex
__________________
Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:14 AM   #409
Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Malvern, PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
I would hope that is the case just to the professionalism of both companies who share each other's services so closely. I personally have not delt with Bama too often and the times I have called it's been very short "i need a question answered" and it was answered.
Also I see a lot of people mentioning data logging. I tried it once but my computer crashed and lost all the information. How would you suggest I try this again? I'm still without a reliable computer.
Fintile

This can be done on your tuner itself! Shoot Bama a call and they're happy to walk you through the process!
__________________
Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:22 AM   #410
Registered Member
Regular
 
shunc01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,948
I was at the show too and figured that I would go to the Bama booth and asked some questions since I wanted to give Bama another shot and would like to talk about the beta tunes, so when I got there I asked the guy about beta tunes and he told me that he never heared of it and that they only have the once from before, so I told them that it's been everywhere in the forum and would like to try it so he just looked at me and said sorry man I have no info about that yet. So I walked out and dismayed maybe they are keeping it as a secret I dont know... Hey Alex I dont know if you remember me but I spoke to you before when I used to have my 05 v6 and I bought the sct tuner at your site and when I called and asked if why my 87 octane tune is more aggressive than my 93 tune and you just simply told me that my car was tuned for 3.7 engine that was unacceptable since I bought the product and expect it to be working, I am just glad my car didn't blew up since it was for 3.7 engine tune since then when I got the revise tune I keep getting check engine light and my car was sluggish and decided to go for Mpt and no problem at all and now I have my 2013 3.7 and would never go back at Bama instead got another Mpt and no complains and IT'S NOT TUNE FOR 5.0.. sorry just have to voice out my experience.

Borla touring, airraid Cai, Mac ceramic shorty headers, frrp x pipe, 2010 gt500 rims, 35 % tint and more to come..
__________________
2016 GT RACE RED MANUAL aka " RAGING BULL"
Mods:
Borla stypes cat back exhaust, tint kit all lights, 5.0 race red shift knob, MMD V SERIES SPOILER... and more to come...
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:30 AM   #411
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
So the people at the Bama booth at the AM show had no idea what they were talking about. Like. They didn't even know what a data log was. I was with some forum members and one had said he talked to them about the "beta tunes" and they said they didn't know anything about that so I decided to go talk to them myself. They had no idea what beta tunes were or that they were coming out with new tunes. They said the tunes are the same as they have always been, no one gets different or special tunes, and I must be mistaken or someone is lying to me that they got special tunes written for them by Paul. That's when I said well, the car is mine and I was told they were beta tunes and Paul sent them to me directly. The answer was "oh, ok" and they turned to the next person and started talking. I just shook my head and walked away.
Not sure if they were just some random employees there for the show but I would assume the Bama booth had Bama employees.....

If those were the people who have anything to do with tuning your car I would be WORRIED. I think they don't though and at the most pick up phone calls. I sure hope so....
Now I'm a little worried about the "beta tunes" though. Another worker there even said he had no idea what Beta tunes were and that they definitely were NOT changing their tunes.....

This was my own experience after being told about them not knowing what the "Beta tunes" were. I walked over there and asked them myself, and that's the convo I had with whomever it was.

I personally am very happy with my Bama tune. Paul was awesome and so informative when I spoke with him. He gave me confidence in his ability and I trust him with my car. I have nothing negative to say about Paul or my Bama 93 race tune that I ran in my car.

The purpose of this thread was (and is) to compare the different tunes to each other, the process of obtaining and modifying them, the customer service involved, and the actual performance numbers they put out.

I am not bashing Bama in any way, and I don't want anyone to think that. I am very happy with my Bama tune, and Paul, and the process I went through with him/Bama. I am just putting out the info. that was my own experience at the Bama booth since I felt it was relevant to the thread, and for the benefit of those interested in the thread.
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:56 AM   #412
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
So ..................................
I am not bashing Bama in any way, and I don't want anyone to think that. I am very happy with my Bama tune, and Paul, and the process I went through with him/Bama. I am just putting out the info. that was my own experience at the Bama booth since I felt it was relevant to the thread, and for the benefit of those interested in the thread.
I can see why it may be taken more defensively, because someone who is unsure about purchasing a tuner or tunes through AM produced by BAMA might take what you said as how the whole company might work, which we know is not the case.
Now from my own experiences with vender booths at shows is it is too often the case that they appear to be just guys off the street with Injen, HKS, Garrett, PIAA or whoever t shirts on and they get this "better than you" attitude and they don't know a blow off valve from an exhaust leak.

It's also possible it could be the company as a whole takes immense pride in training and educating their staff as much and in depth as possible, but what said staff does with that training is up to the individual.
How many of us could pass some god awful tests back in school but couldn't remember squat 2 weeks later? It happens. also you could be a great tuner and know how to do the most complex tuning logs on AEM or Megasquirt for any car, but it doesn't mean you can act like a jerker to a couple people who ask you questions. Personality again is something that is up to the individual.
__________________
“anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”
-George Carlin
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:14 PM   #413
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
Keep doing what you're doing, Grabber. We appreciate your objective documentation of your exact experiences with BAMA and MPT. All of your experiences, just describing exactly what happened, good and bad. That was the whole point of this thread. You've done a great job so far and I guarantee that more people have gained confidence in BAMA because of it. You've probably significantly their increased sales, haha!

I'm glad you reported what happened at the booth just how it happened. Like Fintile said, is just one sampling of some bad apples at their booth and can't be used to refute all the good experiences you had with others at BAMA. But you did the right thing by telling us about the bad apples. The followers of this thread want all the information do we can make our own decisions. We are smart enough to judge between the good and the bad fairly. It's not your job to be a 100% positive cheerleader and poster boy for BAMA.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:17 PM   #414
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
If it was taken that way then I apologize for coming off that way, and it is not what I meant. The whole company is wonderful.
This was just my experience at the booth at the show personally. Whoever I spoke to is who I should have, and did mean to reference, not either company as a whole. It is very hard for me to express myself on here (the internet) as a way that others will think I'm coming off as, and I myself think it is something totally different. As I said, I apologize for any misconstrued lingo that was the fault of no one but myself, and for anything I should have worded better.
What I posted in bold is my own experience, personally, and that is the truth. It is not meant to bash, insult, tarnish, etc. the reputation or image of Bama or American Muscle. I just placed an order with American Muscle 5 minutes ago for new brake pads and LED license plate lights.
Alex - If you took what I was attempting to say the way that Fintile put it, I sincerely apologize. I have nothing but respect and more for yourself and Paul, you have both been amazing to myself and the community as a whole. I know I can speak for everyone when I say thank you for going above and beyond for us.
Again, the purpose of this thread is to just put the info. and experiences I encounter out there for others to interpret. I apologize again if I did not do so appropriately, I am not used to so many people reading my thoughts and writing, and I was thinking out loud when typing when I should have previewed the post, read through it, and edited it to be as concise as possible.
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:21 PM   #415
Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Malvern, PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
I was at the show too and figured that I would go to the Bama booth and asked some questions since I wanted to give Bama another shot and would like to talk about the beta tunes, so when I got there I asked the guy about beta tunes and he told me that he never heared of it and that they only have the once from before, so I told them that it's been everywhere in the forum and would like to try it so he just looked at me and said sorry man I have no info about that yet. So I walked out and dismayed maybe they are keeping it as a secret I dont know...

Hey Alex I dont know if you remember me but I spoke to you before when I used to have my 05 v6 and I bought the sct tuner at your site and when I called and asked if why my 87 octane tune is more aggressive than my 93 tune and you just simply told me that my car was tuned for 3.7 engine that was unacceptable since I bought the product and expect it to be working, I am just glad my car didn't blew up since it was for 3.7 engine tune since then when I got the revise tune I keep getting check engine light and my car was sluggish and decided to go for Mpt and no problem at all and now I have my 2013 3.7 and would never go back at Bama instead got another Mpt and no complains and IT'S NOT TUNE FOR 5.0.. sorry just have to voice out my experience.
.
Hey shunc01-I'm having a little trouble following you on this! I'm not sure who you had been speaking with at the Bama Booth and it sounds irregular that whomever you spoke with would say that they had never heard of this, but had acknowledged they had sent them out once before. This is absolutely not a secret and the term is widely known within Bama.

As per speaking with you before I just looked through 2 months of PM's on my end here and didn't see any conversations. We did have an Alex that worked in Bama but he's no longer with them and I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with your tune. There's no reason why any of the tuners would've said that your car felt stronger on the Street tune, because it was "tuned for 3.7 engine" that doesn't even make sense to me! If you would like to speak with one of them further about this or if you would like for me to have someone contact you directly I'm happy to have that set up.

Alex
__________________
Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:23 PM   #416
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMChrisRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 93
Guys, I just want to confirm that you spoke to the Bama guys at the big black and red Bama tent next to their GT500, Raptor and 03/04 Cobra? Next to the Bama energy drinks?

Not one of AM's Mustang Experts at their tent? The AM team aren't all informed of the beta tunes, so that would make sense.

Every single Bama team member knows what the beta tunes are and have datalogged thousands of customers. I assure you that either someone was covering the tent for them while they ran out to get food or we're all confusing the Mustang Experts tent (guys in the AM shirts) with Bama. As a matter of fact, anyone that mentioned the beta tunes got a business card personally from Paul, Bama's Lead Calibrator.

Please let us know so we can look further into who could have been there at the time!

EDIT: Please keep in mind both SCT and Diablosport had tents attached to ours and the Diablo shirt is black with red and you very easily could have spoken to a Diablosport rep and not a Bama rep. This would make sense because they wouldn't be familiar with our beta tunes, as they're there at the show to talk about the hardware itself.

Hope this helps!
__________________
Chris Rose | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764 | Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
Need Help? PM AMAlexLazarus for immediate assistance!
AMChrisRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:25 PM   #417
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Keep doing what you're doing, Grabber. We appreciate your objective documentation of your exact experiences with BAMA and MPT. All of your experiences, just describing exactly what happened, good and bad. That was the whole point of this thread. You've done a great job so far and I guarantee that more people have gained confidence in BAMA because of it. You've probably significantly their increased sales, haha!

I'm glad you reported what happened at the booth just how it happened. Like Fintile said, is just one sampling of some bad apples at their booth and can't be used to refute all the good experiences you had with others at BAMA. But you did the right thing by telling us about the bad apples. The followers of this thread want all the information do we can make our own decisions. We are smart enough to judge between the good and the bad fairly. It's not your job to be a 100% positive cheerleader and poster boy for BAMA.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Thank you for the kind words Sakib. I know personally of 3 or 4 people who have purchased either a tuner or CAI + tuner combo from AM/Bama due at least in part to this thread and my personal advice to them.
I am young (21) and perhaps don't have the life experience/self-reflection capabilities of older, more experienced people when it comes to how I put things on here. I will try my best to word things more appropriately and selectively in the future when posting on this thread especially.
All I want is to help this community out that has been so good to me.
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:41 PM   #418
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMChrisRose View Post
Guys, I just want to confirm that you spoke to the Bama guys at the big black and red Bama tent next to their GT500, Raptor and 03/04 Cobra? Next to the Bama energy drinks?

Not one of AM's Mustang Experts at their tent? The AM team aren't all informed of the beta tunes, so that would make sense.

Every single Bama team member knows what the beta tunes are and have datalogged thousands of customers. I assure you that either someone was covering the tent for them while they ran out to get food or we're all confusing the Mustang Experts tent (guys in the AM shirts) with Bama. As a matter of fact, anyone that mentioned the beta tunes got a business card personally from Paul, Bama's Lead Calibrator.

Please let us know so we can look further into who could have been there at the time!

EDIT: Please keep in mind both SCT and Diablosport had tents attached to ours and the Diablo shirt is black with red and you very easily could have spoken to a Diablosport rep and not a Bama rep. This would make sense because they wouldn't be familiar with our beta tunes, as they're there at the show to talk about the hardware itself.

Hope this helps!
Hey Chris,
99% sure it was a Bama rep. I spoke with. It was right next to the 'stangs and raptor (that is an incredible raptor BTW I drooled over it for a good few minutes....may be my next car purchase). When speaking with him he said "'we' don't offer that" etc. and used "we" through out the entire convo., and they had said that "all of 'our' tunes are the same unless you update the mod's" and that someone is either mistaken or lying that Paul wrote "special" tunes for them. They knew who Paul was when I brought him up and referenced themselves as "we", "our", etc. when talking about Bama. When I said that it was my car and that Paul had specifically been in contact with me personally, they said "oh, ok" and turned and started talking to the person next to me.
I was the guy in a black "50 years" mustang shirt with a Blue Jays hat on, and the person I spoke with was around 5'11 with short dirty blond hair. Not sure if any of those descriptions are relevant, but those are the visual spec.s on myself and the person I spoke with!

Again, not trying to criticize/attack AM, Bama, you guys, or anyone! Just documenting my experience on this thread! I have no disputes/problems/anything towards AM or Bama, only respect!
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:47 PM   #419
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Keep doing what you're doing, Grabber. We appreciate your objective documentation of your exact experiences with BAMA and MPT. All of your experiences, just describing exactly what happened, good and bad. That was the whole point of this thread. You've done a great job so far and I guarantee that more people have gained confidence in BAMA because of it. You've probably significantly their increased sales, haha!

I'm glad you reported what happened at the booth just how it happened. Like Fintile said, is just one sampling of some bad apples at their booth and can't be used to refute all the good experiences you had with others at BAMA. But you did the right thing by telling us about the bad apples. The followers of this thread want all the information do we can make our own decisions. We are smart enough to judge between the good and the bad fairly. It's not your job to be a 100% positive cheerleader and poster boy for BAMA.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
+1, that's why I enjoy reading grabbers post......unbiased.

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:01 PM   #420
VIG
Registered Member
Regular
 
VIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmington
Region: Delaware
Posts: 1,238
BAMA- What are you really getting from them?

.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1408489266.354412.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	878.6 KB
ID:	163881  
__________________
IG: workshardplayshard
VIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I regret not getting packages added can I get them added Rahbarin 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 7 05-28-2013 07:42 AM
I mean really, really antlers and red noses! Loraco The Bar 18 12-27-2010 03:46 PM
This guy is having a bad day... A really, really bad day JROC The Bar 15 08-16-2007 11:52 PM
well im really really bored right now Zim The Bar 19 01-06-2004 09:30 PM
im really really bored. Zim The Bar 0 11-17-2003 04:59 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



05:47 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.