BAMA- What are you really getting from them? - Page 13 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-19-2014, 06:49 PM   #421
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Hey shunc01-I'm having a little trouble following you on this! I'm not sure who you had been speaking with at the Bama Booth and it sounds irregular that whomever you spoke with would say that they had never heard of this, but had acknowledged they had sent them out once before. This is absolutely not a secret and the term is widely known within Bama.

As per speaking with you before I just looked through 2 months of PM's on my end here and didn't see any conversations. We did have an Alex that worked in Bama but he's no longer with them and I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with your tune. There's no reason why any of the tuners would've said that your car felt stronger on the Street tune, because it was "tuned for 3.7 engine" that doesn't even make sense to me! If you would like to speak with one of them further about this or if you would like for me to have someone contact you directly I'm happy to have that set up.

Alex
I didn't pm you guys about this since I already moved on and I'm sorry if I'm mistakenly thought that it was you that I spoke in the phone cos what are the odds of having two Alex in one company maybe a lot cos it's a common name but anyways glad that his not there anymore. That is exactly what he told me that my car was tuned for 3.7 and not 4.0 I know it doesn't make sense try imagining that when you're on the other side and hearing that to you're self. I was mortified. I don't have the Bama tunes for my new car now because of what happened but thanks.

Borla touring, airraid Cai, Mac ceramic shorty headers, frrp x pipe, 2010 gt500 rims, 35 % tint and more to come..
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2014, 06:51 PM   #422
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Anyone have any insight to this?

I updated the tuner on my computer and tried again, still getting the same message.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1408492271.042276.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	878.6 KB
ID:	163882
Old 08-19-2014, 07:58 PM   #423
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Update: Called up Bama...didn't realize they were open until 9PM. First time I called I got no answer.

Spoke with Ryan, who was very polite and helpful, and he ran my order number and all of that. Apparently they sent out the tuner and forgot to load the tunes. It was 8:35 when I called. He apologized for the mistake and said he'd work as quickly as possible to get the tunes over to me before they closed. Got the email at 8:55.

Thanks a lot to Ryan and the Bama crew!

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Update: Called up Bama...didn't realize they were open until 9PM. First time I called I got no answer.

Spoke with Ryan, who was very polite and helpful, and he ran my order number and all of that. Apparently they sent out the tuner and forgot to load the tunes. It was 8:35 when I called. He apologized for the mistake and said he'd work as quickly as possible to get the tunes over to me before they closed. Got the email at 8:55.

VIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2014, 08:05 PM   #424
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Glad you got that straightened out. Let us know what you think of them!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 08-19-2014, 08:19 PM   #425
Registered Member
Regular

Oh good. I just recently noticed the warnings and asking to update car parameters when loading my tunes
Old 08-19-2014, 08:24 PM   #426
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
I didn't pm you guys about this since I already moved on and I'm sorry if I'm mistakenly thought that it was you that I spoke in the phone cos what are the odds of having two Alex in one company maybe a lot cos it's a common name but anyways glad that his not there anymore. That is exactly what he told me that my car was tuned for 3.7 and not 4.0 I know it doesn't make sense try imagining that when you're on the other side and hearing that to you're self. I was mortified. I don't have the Bama tunes for my new car now because of what happened but thanks.
Hey! No apology necessary! I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing something. That's really weird and I would've felt the same If there's absolutely anything I can help out with in the future please don't hesitate to let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
Anyone have any insight to this?
I updated the tuner on my computer and tried again, still getting the same message.
Quote:

Sorry I missed the post and to hear about this again! I'm not entirely sure how something like that managed to happen as the tunes need to be physically loaded before they're boxed, and sent out. I'm happy to hear that you got my pm and Ryan was able to get them sent out so quickly! If there's anything else I can help out with let me know!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:34 PM   #427
Registered Member
Regular

I am so frustrated with my mustang I'm about to sell it. I think i got a lemon, its been nothing but a pain in the *** since i bought it brand new. Every time I upload a tune on my car now whether it be bama or mpt my car runs like crap. When everything is stock it runs great. I spoke to Ken at mpt and he said it sounds like my car has an underlying mechanical issue that becomes aggravated with the tunes. I have brought it into the dealer and they are clueless as to what the problem is. It has become so frustrating for me I'm at a loss of what to do. Keeping my eye out for a 5.0 to trade it in on.

/endrant.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:39 PM   #428
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygaga View Post
I am so frustrated with my mustang I'm about to sell it. I think i got a lemon, its been nothing but a pain in the *** since i bought it brand new. Every time I upload a tune on my car now whether it be bama or mpt my car runs like crap. When everything is stock it runs great. I spoke to Ken at mpt and he said it sounds like my car has an underlying mechanical issue that becomes aggravated with the tunes. I have brought it into the dealer and they are clueless as to what the problem is. It has become so frustrating for me I'm at a loss of what to do. Keeping my eye out for a 5.0 to trade it in on.

/endrant.

Wow man that's horrible news... I'm so sorry to hear that. Where at on Long Island are you? I would put everything back to stock and sell the parts and trade in for a GT there are some amazing deals right now and Labor Day

Old 08-19-2014, 08:45 PM   #429
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Wow man that's horrible news... I'm so sorry to hear that. Where at on Long Island are you? I would put everything back to stock and sell the parts and trade in for a GT there are some amazing deals right now and Labor Day

Ugh I know. I've been trying to keep a positive attitude about it but lately things seem so out of whack I can not even enjoy driving it anymore. I feel like I'm sitting on a ticking time bomb and with virtually no warranty it scares the crap out of me.

I'm in wading river out east in Suffolk county. But yea that's what I'm going to do keep the parts and sell it. I'm actually starting with selling my steeda intake. I know you said u wanted to buy one so maybe you might be interested? It only has about 6k miles on it and is basically mint.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:51 PM   #430
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ugh I know. I've been trying to keep a positive attitude about it but lately things seem so out of whack I can not even enjoy driving it anymore. I feel like I'm sitting on a ticking time bomb and with virtually no warranty it scares the crap out of me.

I'm in wading river out east in Suffolk county. But yea that's what I'm going to do keep the parts and sell it. I'm actually starting with selling my steeda intake. I know you said u wanted to buy one so maybe you might be interested? It only has about 6k miles on it and is basically mint.

I would be definitely interested just let me try and sell my airaid for the $ first . I like the blue steeda a lot better under the hood than the red airaid filter. If you're definitely selling let's see if we can work out a price and I'll sell the airaid.
I'm south shore Long Island by long beach, they have some really good deals on GTs by me here, so I'm sure they do by you too

Old 08-19-2014, 09:01 PM   #431
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I would be definitely interested just let me try and sell my airaid for the $ first . I like the blue steeda a lot better under the hood than the red airaid filter. If you're definitely selling let's see if we can work out a price and I'll sell the airaid.
I'm south shore Long Island by long beach, they have some really good deals on GTs by me here, so I'm sure they do by you too

Definitely would give you first shot at it and since we are local it saves us the shipping fee. I'll PM you a price and when you are ready we can work something out. For now it is sitting on my bedroom floor.

I think the blue air filter would really compliment your car nicely over the airaid! Plus you can tell steeda uses very high quality material.. it's solid.

I'm going to start shopping around for gt's. I'm leaning more towards a used low mileage 2011-2012 to save some money.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:03 PM   #432
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Definitely would give you first shot at it and since we are local it saves us the shipping fee. I'll PM you a price and when you are ready we can work something out. For now it is sitting on my bedroom floor.

I think the blue air filter would really compliment your car nicely over the airaid! Plus you can tell steeda uses very high quality material.. it's solid.

I'm going to start shopping around for gt's. I'm leaning more towards a used low mileage 2011-2012 to save some money.

I love my 2012 I personally am not a fan of the hood and bumper in the front on the 13-14s it looks like they "smile" at you. I also don't like the plastic on the back by the license plate. Sure shoot me a PM now or whenever so I can see where we are at! Shouldn't have much of a problem selling the airaid I wouldn't think

Old 08-19-2014, 09:10 PM   #433
Registered Member
Regular

Yea i really been diggin the 2011-2012 models. I like the front better like you said. The only thing I like on the 13-14's is the led tail lights. But to save a grand or two I can live without them. Post an ad on Craigslist when you are ready, it should sell within a couple days.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:14 PM   #434
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea i really been diggin the 2011-2012 models. I like the front better like you said. The only thing I like on the 13-14's is the led tail lights. But to save a grand or two I can live without them. Post an ad on Craigslist when you are ready, it should sell within a couple days.

Just replied to your PM! Ready anytime after Friday. I'll grab it from you then sell the airaid. I have bbk headers coming in Friday so I'll call MPT and Bama tomorrow so they can revise the tunes for both!

Old 08-19-2014, 10:01 PM   #435
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

BAMA- What are you really getting from them?

Just went out for a spin with the 93R tune. Felt good, but pretty conservative. I think there's some room to tighten things up a bit.

Still feeling some throttle hesitation starting from a stop and I think the shifts could be a bit firmer. I'd also like some more down low power.

Just emailed Bama back. Hopefully they can tighten things up a bit for me.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:31 AM   #436
Site Sponsor

Quote:
I have bbk headers coming in Friday so I'll call MPT and Bama tomorrow so they can revise the tunes for both!
Grabber-Shorty Headers for both the 3.7 and 5.0 will not require a tune. Let us know if you have any questions!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 08-20-2014, 07:34 AM   #437
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just replied to your PM! Ready anytime after Friday. I'll grab it from you then sell the airaid. I have bbk headers coming in Friday so I'll call MPT and Bama tomorrow so they can revise the tunes for both!

Sent you another PM. Your car is going to be awesome with the new shorties and intake! Depending on when I trade in my car the borlas will be up for sale then too.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:42 AM   #438
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Just went out for a spin with the 93R tune. Felt good, but pretty conservative. I think there's some room to tighten things up a bit.
Still feeling some throttle hesitation starting from a stop and I think the shifts could be a bit firmer. I'd also like some more down low power.
Just emailed Bama back. Hopefully they can tighten things up a bit for me.
VIG-I'm happy to hear that Ryan was able to get them sent over so quickly last night. One of the greatest things about Bama is that they're able to adjust the tunes for your driving style and I'm confident that they'll be able to tweak this for you and blow your socks off!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 08-20-2014, 08:32 AM   #439
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Another super quick response from Ryan over at Bama. They open at 9 and the email was sent at 9:15. I'm impressed. When I get to work it takes me at least 45 minutes before I do anything that can even remotely be considered productive.

He sent over a tune with better power and firmed up shifts.

Pretty excited to get this loaded up.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:36 AM   #440
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Another super quick response from Ryan over at Bama. They open at 9 and the email was sent at 9:15. I'm impressed. When I get to work it takes me at least 45 minutes before I do anything that can even remotely be considered productive.

Hey I'm just wondering a few things
- what mods do you have on your car that would be affected by the tune?
- if they're sending them over so quick (MPT does too), they probably just have a bunch that they just tweak to your car and send. Why not send the more powerful one originally? Thinking not all people will want it that fast/powerful and would rather have them ask if they do? ( think spicy wings at a restaurant: don't wanna offer ' too spicy ' as their normal hot wing because the average customer wouldn't come if they did )

Old 08-20-2014, 09:02 AM   #441
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
- if they're sending them over so quick (MPT does too), they probably just have a bunch that they just tweak to your car and send. Why not send the more powerful one originally? Thinking not all people will want it that fast/powerful and would rather have them ask if they do? ( think spicy wings at a restaurant: don't wanna offer ' too spicy ' as their normal hot wing because the average customer wouldn't come if they did )

Maybe for the same reason ford loads their weak *** stock tune

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:14 AM   #442
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, it's a vast improvement over the stock tune and it's definitely woken up.

I'm completely stock as far as anything that would be affected by a tune. My only other mods are a K&N drop in and 245/45/19 premium wheels.

Maybe they stay conservative with what they send out at first, like you said, to keep the average enthusiast happy. But I'm not conservative with anything and don't do moderation very well.

I guess there is a correlation between hot wings and tunes. I had 20 of the ghost pepper wings from Buffalo Wild Wings last night and felt they should be spicier. I guess personality traits show through in everything.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:14 AM   #443
Site Sponsor

Quote:

VIG,

I spoke with Ryan last night and first thing this morning! I'm happy to hear he had this sent out so quickly again! Please don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything else I can help out with and let us know how it's working out!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 08-20-2014, 09:18 AM   #444
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, it's a vast improvement over the stock tune and it's definitely woken up.

I'm completely stock as far as anything that would be affected by a tune. My only other mods are a K&N drop in and 245/45/19 premium wheels.

Maybe they stay conservative with what they send out at first, like you said, to keep the average enthusiast happy. But I'm not conservative with anything and don't do moderation very well.

I guess there is a correlation between hot wings and tunes. I had 20 of the ghost pepper wings from Buffalo Wild Wings last night and felt they should be spicier. I guess personality traits show through in everything.

Haha I don't think they're spicy enough either!! Deff. Don't use real ghost pepper.
Personality traits do show everything, it's pretty cool/scary.
I wasn't doubting the change over stock at all! It is a huge improvement over stock. I was just wondering about the "hot wings theory" let's call it about starting with a milder tune then having the option to increase it, maybe it appeals more to the customer base in general! Just some marketing process thoughts I am pretty curious about!

Old 08-20-2014, 10:37 AM   #445
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the heads up Alex, saved me some phone calls!

After speaking with Ken (head tuner) from MPT, he advised me to stick with the Airaid CAI versus the Steeda, he has seen better gains from the Airaid.
I would listen to anything he or Paul (head tuner at Bama) advise!
I like the look of the Steeda more, but I like a few HP better!

Cannot wait for the headers to arrive and get them on! I'm expecting a noticeable difference from them.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:41 AM   #446
Registered Member
Regular

Just buy a blue filter GB93!!! I've seen airraid selling blue filters on ebay.

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...888883&alt=web
Old 08-20-2014, 10:43 AM   #447
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Just buy a blue filter GB93!!! I've seen airraid selling blue filters on ebay.
I will when next Spring rolls around! Only reason I haven't is because I have a perfectly functioning oiled filter now and I've only been able to find non-oiled on eBay. Airaid's website shows much better filtration with the oiled versus non-oiled. It sure is a pain to oil it every 5k miles though (They say every 30k but it looks like crap after about 5k).
Old 08-20-2014, 10:53 AM   #448
Registered Member
Regular

Just found an oiled one
Old 08-20-2014, 10:59 AM   #449
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Just found an oiled one
It's definitely on the list for next spring along with some engine dress up caps and some paint/powder coating.
I'm done with bolt-ons after I get these headers installed. Then I just need a new AB exhaust and I will concentrate on my visual look! Hopefully my build will be done by next May!
Old 08-20-2014, 11:01 AM   #450
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
SCT Performance is the leader in the Ford tuning industry and Steeda's partner in developing this powerful package.
"SCT has seen the highest horsepower and torque results while using Steeda's Cold Air Kit, over any other brand." - Chris Johnson, President of SCT Performance
- See more at: Steeda 2011-14 Automatic Mustang GT Cold Air Intake - Made in USA 555-3156 - Free Shipping!
The CAI's are comparable in numbers ... so it is customer's preference as to which one they want to showcase under their hood.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:09 AM   #451
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up Alex, saved me some phone calls!

After speaking with Ken (head tuner) from MPT, he advised me to stick with the Airaid CAI versus the Steeda, he has seen better gains from the Airaid.

Cannot wait for the headers to arrive and get them on! I'm expecting a noticeable difference from them.
You're contradicting yourself. If you care more about a few HP than the looks, you should stick with the stock air box. We all know how I feel about CAIs vs. stock (spoiler, I like stock), but if I did take an aftermarket CAI it would be Steeda. Ish416 demonstrated good gains using Steeda CAI+Steeda tune over stock using a "virtual dyno" app. I know you've read this already since you participated in the discussion, but I'm linking to it here in case anyone else reading is interested: Steeda CAI and tune - results
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:11 AM   #452
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up Alex, saved me some phone calls! After speaking with Ken (head tuner) from MPT, he advised me to stick with the Airaid CAI versus the Steeda, he has seen better gains from the Airaid.
Grabber-Anytime! Steeda makes a great piece, comparable numbers, easy on the eyes-You would need the (11-14 V6 Steeda Cold Air Intake) If you're going that route hit us up for your Free Tune Revision as well!

Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 08-20-2014, 11:26 AM   #453
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
You're contradicting yourself. If you care more about a few HP than the looks, you should stick with the stock air box. We all know how I feel about CAIs vs. stock (spoiler, I like stock), but if I did take an aftermarket CAI it would be Steeda. Ish416 demonstrated good gains using Steeda CAI+Steeda tune over stock using a "virtual dyno" app. I know you've read this already since you participated in the discussion, but I'm linking to it here in case anyone else reading is interested: Steeda CAI and tune - results

I did contradict myself! Let me try and rephrase -
I hate the look of the stock box, and I love the look of any after market CAI and the whistle and change to my exhaust note that they bring.
I would lose a few HP to run an aftermarket CAI for the look and noise it brings to the table.
With that being said, as we all know, the numbers are so close and probably different every separate dyno test due to a variety of factors. I have the opportunity to purchase a Steeda, but first I would have to find a buyer for my Airaid, switch to stock box, ship that while running the stock box, then purchase the steeda and install and retune. It's a lot of work for the different look when as Fintile showed me I can just buy a blue filter!

So to rehash what I originally said, I'll just stick with the Airaid and get a blue filter, much less work and not having to find a buyer for the Airaid. I love the Steeda. It is my favorite cold air intake. I also love my Airaid. They are IMO the 2 best aftermarket CAI's and both top options! Not supporting one over the other, or performance, just would be a big hassle to go through that whole process when I can just buy a blue filter lol.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:35 AM   #454
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
I did contradict myself! Let me try and rephrase -
I hate the look of the stock box, and I love the look of any after market CAI and the whistle and change to my exhaust note that they bring.
I would lose a few HP to run an aftermarket CAI for the look and noise it brings to the table.
With that being said, as we all know, the numbers are so close and probably different every separate dyno test due to a variety of factors. I have the opportunity to purchase a Steeda, but first I would have to find a buyer for my Airaid, switch to stock box, ship that while running the stock box, then purchase the steeda and install and retune. It's a lot of work for the different look when as Fintile showed me I can just buy a blue filter!

So to rehash what I originally said, I'll just stick with the Airaid and get a blue filter, much less work and not having to find a buyer for the Airaid. I love the Steeda. It is my favorite cold air intake. I also love my Airaid. They are IMO the 2 best aftermarket CAI's and both top options! Not supporting one over the other, or performance, just would be a big hassle to go through that whole process when I can just buy a blue filter lol.

Your logic makes sense. That's a lot of reasoning going into your decision, haha.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:16 PM   #455
Registered Member
Regular

All the CAIs available are just like comparing various types of apples. They have different looks and styles but they are all the same fruit. Go with whatever you feel is best for you (looks, performance, ease of installation. )

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang