BAMA- What are you really getting from them? - Page 17 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-19-2014, 05:58 PM   #561
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
Mhmm you have 2 options to 'eliminate' slop of our MT82s all together:

1) spend $5k+ on a tremec kit lol :p

2) MGW with high performance fluid, stainless steel clutch lines, and blow fish bracket. This will take care of at least 90-95% problems we have with MT82s.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
3rd option. Just do it right from the get go and buy the automatic. Ha ha ha ha ha. JK

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2014, 06:01 PM   #562
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
3rd option. Just do it right from the get go and buy the automatic. Ha ha ha ha ha. JK

nah not my taste... driving is more engageful and I like to have control of engine not other way around

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 06:03 PM   #563
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
nah not my taste... driving is more engageful and I like to have control of engine not other way around

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit
+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
JR4288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2014, 06:25 PM   #564
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Plus the feeling you get when you punch your car in gear 2 from 3k and then just row through gears. This can't be beat!!

Not disrespect to anyone who has an automatic, but personally speaking for me it's like driving a gearless scooter. You just punch the gas and it keeps going. I could care less about track times and auto crossing lol.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 06:36 PM   #565
Registered Member
Regular

Oh and let's not make this an automatic vs manual debate haha

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 10-19-2014, 06:47 PM   #566
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I completely agree bazinga!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
JR4288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 07:10 PM   #567
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||

lol I didn't I just said I prefer manuals and stated reasons

Old 10-19-2014, 08:28 PM   #568
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
So these beackets....do you get them from BAMA?
lol I'm just messing. I need to get one for me as well. I can't stand the flimsy feel of the shifter. I feel like I'm going to break it when I get into it.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:29 PM   #569
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
So these beackets....do you get them from BAMA?
lol I'm just messing. I need to get one for me as well. I can't stand the flimsy feel of the shifter. I feel like I'm going to break it when I get into it.
Are you talking about 1/ 2 post bracket for your shifter? -Then yes from Bama.

And if you're talking about blowfish transmission bracket, then I believe it's from CJ. Although it wouldn't be much of a help unless you're tracking your heck a lot and shifting at 6500-7000+. Better spend these 300 odd bucks on a MGW.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 10-19-2014, 09:48 PM   #570
Registered Member
Regular

Lol, no I was just joking about how you guys are talking about shifter brackets, but ya I can get one from Burton on AM
Old 10-19-2014, 09:51 PM   #571
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Lol.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:00 AM   #572
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Mhmm you have 2 options to 'eliminate' slop of our MT82s all together:

1) spend $5k+ on a tremec kit lol :p

2) MGW with high performance fluid, stainless steel clutch lines, and blow fish bracket. This will take care of at least 90-95% problems we have with MT82s.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Bazinga, I'm seeing more and more people talking about stainless steel clutch lines, what does it improve over the stock lines? I've done the fluid change (RP) and the bracket but I haven't done any research about upgraded lines. Thx.

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:03 AM   #573
Registered Member
Regular

These stainless steel clutch lines are meant to improve our clutch pedal feel. It takes care if clunkiness we see while rowing through gears. Well sort of.

My clutch currently sits/engageds way down low on the floor, and that's because our cars came with shietty rubber hoses that expand (and could potentially break) under spirited driving. This is where an upgraded line comes in, these will resist expansion and will engage your clutch away from the floor. As opposed to almost on the floor with our rubber lines. At least it will give you piece of mind knowing that you're safe while rowing through gears. A must have mod for out MT82s, just like a shifter bracket.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 10-20-2014, 10:41 AM   #574
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
These stainless steel clutch lines are meant to improve our clutch pedal feel. It takes care if clunkiness we see while rowing through gears. Well sort of.

My clutch currently sits/engageds way down low on the floor, and that's because our cars came with shietty rubber hoses that expand (and could potentially break) under spirited driving. This is where an upgraded line comes in, these will resist expansion and will engage your clutch away from the floor. As opposed to almost on the floor with our rubber lines. At least it will give you piece of mind knowing that you're safe while rowing through gears. A must have mod for out MT82s, just like a shifter bracket.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
You sure that isnt just because of the type of clutch it is? Push vs pull styles
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:26 AM   #575
Registered Member
Regular

I doubt it, though I could be wrong on this. All of my mods are currently sitting in a big recycling bucket in my garage, just don't have time to put them on. However, I have read tons of reviews by people who were complaining about their clutch being really spongy and getting engaged all way down by the floor (I am one of them). post installation of these ss lines, clutch engagement had quite a bit of improvement..about mid-quarter way above the floor.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 11-12-2014, 09:04 AM   #576
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I doubt it, though I could be wrong on this. All of my mods are currently sitting in a big recycling bucket in my garage, just don't have time to put them on. However, I have read tons of reviews by people who were complaining about their clutch being really spongy and getting engaged all way down by the floor (I am one of them). post installation of these ss lines, clutch engagement had quite a bit of improvement..about mid-quarter way above the floor.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Not bad...come spring I redoing my entire tranny a bit. Going to do break first: SS lines, Upgraded GT rotors and calipers...gonna paint them lol, maybe some cooling ducts or fins depending on which works or if I will even need it and racing brake fluid...you know the high temp DOT 4 stuff...maybe ATE Super Blue or something else if anyone has a suggestion.
tranny wise I replacing the fluid...I was going to go with Royal Purple but I'm hearing it doesn't work too well in temps below 40* (in other words New England winters...suggestions?) going to hopefully have a short shifter and bracket installed as well as SS clutch lines....is there any kind of Clutch fluid that i should consider or OEM is fine?
Old 11-12-2014, 09:26 AM   #577
Registered Member
Regular

Not sure if i should have just posted this on a new thread since this was about BAMA and the process of getting their tunes and dealing with their employees i thought Id post this here.

A moth ago I emailed BAMA ( about a week after a Fall Cruise i went on with Strange Mud and Co.) My car just seamed really boggy and off. I kept resetting the ECu it was great then a few miles later it went to poop again. Slow and boggy.

They asked me to send them a datalog so did. A week later they send me a revision. Nice! It was much better! smoother and felt really nice and clean down low...then at 3k + it felt slower and off...like it lost the power. Sent them another email with a datalog, they email me 4 days later asking for another datalog...rather than argue i email within the hr with the same datalog I had sent them 4 days prior.

Another week goes by and I had already done a new datalog for this 2nd revision. They sent me the 3rd revision on Friday of last week and 5 mins after loading it in I get a CEL. I immediately reload the last tune and email them...( mind you every email I have sent either gets responded to withing a couple mins or I don't get a reply till the next day.) Monday i got an email saying to do a NEW datalog...I had just done one on Thursday with Shunc01 why would it be any different right?)
At this point its been almost an entire moth of this back and forth. So I politely email them that it cant be done. I've been borrowing a comp this whole time to do this and with winter around the corner I wont be able to keep my CAI installed and will need to switch over to my winter tires. Not to mention i will be gone the last week of Nov to the 2nd week of Dec. Its just not doable.

I get an email from Bama first thing this morning. Since i had mentioned to them about the "wrench" light appearing they asked me to include a PID called "torque source". I feel bad cause i just *****ed about them wanting me to do another data-log but i have to go right back to my original statement, they are jam packed with customers who all want different things for their cars and tuning a car through email is like teaching someone (who has never cooked ever) to make Chicken Coquovine (not sure how its spelled) over email. The data-logs are the pictures I take to show them what it looks like and then i tell them how its acting...its like being emailed pictures of the cooking process and then having someone describe the smells with out knowing any of the ingredients that are going into it or how it is even supposed to smell when finished....

Point is, as much as we all (in the words of Queen) "Want it all, and want it now" We just need to get over it and be patient. Ultimately the best way to go is to just do an in house dyno tune, you cant expect Wolfgang Puck's Frozen dinners to taste the same as if you ordered the dish at one of his restaurants...it will never happen.
Old 04-19-2015, 03:44 PM   #578
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Great write up!
austin3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 04:32 PM   #579
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Florida
Have any of yall done this while within warranty?
Old 04-19-2015, 05:31 PM   #580
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon3.7 View Post
Have any of yall done this while within warranty?
I had my 3.7 tuned at 5k miles! I bought my pony with 22 miles on it. One doesn't realize how sloppy and sad the factory tune and shift points are in an automatic until you get an aftermarket tune.

Have a great day!
Old 04-19-2015, 05:57 PM   #581
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I had my 3.7 tuned at 5k miles! I bought my pony with 22 miles on it. One doesn't realize how sloppy and sad the factory tune and shift points are in an automatic until you get an aftermarket tune.

Have a great day!

Have you had any issues with warranty work since your car is tuned?

2013 Black Mustang 3.7, Pony package, cold weather package, Borla Ataks
Old 04-19-2015, 06:07 PM   #582
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin3.7 View Post

It varies dealer to dealer. Just talk to your dealer
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:11 PM   #583
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
It varies dealer to dealer. Just talk to your dealer

Okay thanks.

Old 04-19-2015, 06:49 PM   #584
Registered Member

Regular

Well i just bought this car, and bought a extended warranty with it, just wondering if i should risk it.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:01 PM   #585
Registered Member
Regular

If it's automatic it's worth it. Stick shifts w bolt on mods you won't tell difference.

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
Old 04-19-2015, 07:03 PM   #586
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Well i just bought this car, and bought a extended warranty with it, just wondering if i should risk it.
I tuned my car around 8k miles. I decided there was no way I was waiting until the warranty was over. Refunded my extended warranty and bought the tuner/tune. I'm now sitting on 14k miles (and 5 months later) and haven't had a single problem.

Haven't needed any warranty work so can't comment on that.

Car is a 14 v6 auto.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:03 PM   #587
Registered Member

Regular

I'm definitely going to do it. Was actually about to drop the hammer on it, but saw there was a discount code, just have to get post count up and pm Dan. So i'll probably just wait out on that.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:04 PM   #588
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
I tuned my car around 8k miles. I decided there was no way I was waiting until the warranty was over. Refunded my extended warranty and bought the tuner/tune. I'm now sitting on 14k miles (and 5 months later) and haven't had a single problem.

Haven't needed any warranty work so can't comment on that.

Car is a 14 v6 auto.

Mine is a 14 V6 as well, with 17k miles on it. It does have factory warranty, but the wife wants the aftermarket for ease of mind with 100 dollar deductable.. I didn't know i could cancel the extendo and get reimbursed.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:06 PM   #589
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Mine is a 14 V6 as well, with 17k miles on it. It does have factory warranty, but the wife wants the aftermarket for ease of mind with 100 dollar deductable.. I didn't know i could cancel the extendo and get reimbursed.
Yup. Refunded it as soon as possible to get the most money back because I decided this car wasn't staying stock for XXXXX miles! Nice chunk of change back in your wallet too.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:17 PM   #590
Registered Member

Regular

I'll ask the finance lady when she calls me back tomorrow if i can cancel. Just going to be coming off of the loan anyways
Old 04-19-2015, 08:13 PM   #591
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Never had any issues and I have 45k miles. My pony is long out of warranty at this point but she has been tuned since 5k miles..

Have a great day!
Old 04-19-2015, 09:40 PM   #592
Registered Member
Regular

I'm looking on eBay and I've found the X4 tuners for around $315, but some are for different years like the 05-10 models instead of the 2013 which is what I have. Does it really matter if I buy a tuner that is for a different year model or are they actually specific to the model?

Old 04-19-2015, 09:46 PM   #593
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm looking on eBay and I've found the X4 tuners for around $315, but some are for different years like the 05-10 models instead of the 2013 which is what I have. Does it really matter if I buy a tuner that is for a different year model or are they actually specific to the model?

I would not recommend buying it on eBay if you want new. Just buy it from AM directly. Its the way to go. Its $ 379 and 6% off that price from forum discount!

Have a great day!
Old 04-19-2015, 09:52 PM   #594
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I would not recommend buying it on eBay if you want new. Just buy it from AM directly. Its the way to go. Its $ 379 and 6% off that price from forum discount!

Have a great day!
Something else to keep in mind is the fact that if you buy it from ebay, you still need to buy tunes. That final amount will, in almost every case, be more than having bought it brand new to begin with. Buy it from a retailer to get their tunes included.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:55 PM   #595
Registered Member
Regular

Good points. I didn't think about the forum discount or having to buy the tunes. Thanks!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang