BAMA- What are you really getting from them? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-18-2014, 09:38 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Bone stock otherwise on poor tires, my 11 gt auto went from 13.3 to 12.8 just by installing the vans 93r. Took enough passes each way that I'm sure this is pretty accurate. Got my new tires. Anxious to try it again.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Kona Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2014, 09:42 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMustang12 View Post
Exactly. 93R pulls hard after 3k RPM and 93P will give more low end torque. Thats how they are designed. Though 93P gives more low end torque MPT is a monster in this regard. It just throws you back in the seat. As far as the sound goes it could have been just random.
I'm hoping it was random! I'm excited to try MPT, although one tune is $75 so I'm not sure which to pick, any recommendations? I am definitely going to work with Bama over the next week and get them dialed in, and then the following week I will try MPT and compare them, then track it.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:45 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I'm hoping it was random! I'm excited to try MPT, although one tune is $75 so I'm not sure which to pick, any recommendations? I am definitely going to work with Bama over the next week and get them dialed in, and then the following week I will try MPT and compare them, then track it.
Get the performance tune from MPT. It is the best in my opinion. Mine is DD and i ve used for several miles. I know Kona a member of this forum has used it for about 5000 miles and no issues at all. Performance tune is just crazy fast.
FordMustang12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2014, 12:47 PM   #39
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
UPDATE: Last night I got to take it on the highway and some long roads. It really throws you back in your seat when you floor it, my GF started freaking out when I did and said it was a lot faster than it used to be. Later that night I heard a noise from the back of the car, like a grinding noise on acceleration. No idea where that came from, I haven't heard it since...it weirded me out a little though. Today when I turned the car on it was idling at about 1200-1300 RPMs, and then went down to about 700-800 and stayed there. Not sure if it was because my driveway is on a slight hill, or if that's normal, or what the deal is. The car is in for some slight surgery, dropped her off just now to get a Ford Racing x-pipe welded in. Not really expecting any gains from it, just figured I would see if I could get any and change the sound a little. I will try the 93 performance later, and will be giving a call to Bama later in the day to see if they can fix a few things on the tunes. Any comments, ideas, suggestions on what I should ask for based on what I've written so far? Was going to see if they could get any more out of the 93R, and after seeing how the 93P is, maybe ask for a mix of the two. I would LOVE the 93R with low-end power.
I'm happy to hear that it's throwing you back in your seat! In regards to the grinding sound that's odd and I'm not entirely sure what that could be! I would try to reproduce it if possible. In regards to the surging were you adjusting your CAI at all over night? Either way we'd like to datalog it to take a closer look! Let us know how the X works out and shoot Bama a call when you get her back and they'll get you squared away!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:08 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
I'm happy to hear that it's throwing you back in your seat! In regards to the grinding sound that's odd and I'm not entirely sure what that could be! I would try to reproduce it if possible. In regards to the surging were you adjusting your CAI at all over night? Either way we'd like to datalog it to take a closer look! Let us know how the X works out and shoot Bama a call when you get her back and they'll get you squared away!

Alex

I was trying to reproduce it and could not. I may have ran over something or just a random noise. I wasn't playing with the CAI at all, but it does that stock a lot worse for me, and it wasn't really surging it was just high then low, not up and down. I'm hoping I get her back today! They didn't want to clamp it, insisted on welding it... So I'm a little worried what the price may be..... They always give me an honest price however. Horrible, silly question, but how exactly do I data log? I'm not the best with tech and googling it confused me.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 07-18-2014, 04:59 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

So I just picked up my car from the shop, had the Ford Racing x-pipe installed. Install was a little pricier than I had hoped for, but they had to bend and shape it and then weld it in, they recommended not using the clamps at all, and cut the old one out. So I guess the price wasn't too bad, especially since the install price + price of the pipe was less than the sticker price for the pipe. It cleaned up my exhaust note and quieted it down a decent amount, but it also made it a lot deeper and cut out the drone. It really sounds like a v8 now, very surprised and happy. I have to say I FEEL like it added some low end power. With the 93R it was really pulling even at 2k RPMs. As others have said, its like baking a cake, and I think this was a key ingredient! Anyhow, when I got home I loaded up the 93P tune. Didn't really feel any different, or feel any more low end or mid range power than the 93R. The 93R actually felt like it pulled harder throughout the band. I floored it on a stretch of road and my back end actually came a little loose at around 40 MPH! This has never happened in my car before, and myself and my passenger were very surprised (In a good way). Not sure if it was from the addition of the new mid pipe or the 93P, but tomorrow I will reload the 93R to see what's the case. Going to drive around on the 93P tonight to get a good feel for it, and I'll post the comparisons tomorrow morning. Any feedback, comments, questions, all very much appreciated!
Old 07-19-2014, 11:41 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Have to admit, this has peaked my interest to try it out. For AM: Is this tune still Beta or can I request it through the normal form?

Unfortunately will have to do 91, 93 octane is scarce to find out here for some reason
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:17 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So I just picked up my car from the shop, had the Ford Racing x-pipe installed. Install was a little pricier than I had hoped for, but they had to bend and shape it and then weld it in, they recommended not using the clamps at all, and cut the old one out. So I guess the price wasn't too bad, especially since the install price + price of the pipe was less than the sticker price for the pipe. It cleaned up my exhaust note and quieted it down a decent amount, but it also made it a lot deeper and cut out the drone. It really sounds like a v8 now, very surprised and happy. I have to say I FEEL like it added some low end power. With the 93R it was really pulling even at 2k RPMs. As others have said, its like baking a cake, and I think this was a key ingredient! Anyhow, when I got home I loaded up the 93P tune. Didn't really feel any different, or feel any more low end or mid range power than the 93R. The 93R actually felt like it pulled harder throughout the band. I floored it on a stretch of road and my back end actually came a little loose at around 40 MPH! This has never happened in my car before, and myself and my passenger were very surprised (In a good way). Not sure if it was from the addition of the new mid pipe or the 93P, but tomorrow I will reload the 93R to see what's the case. Going to drive around on the 93P tonight to get a good feel for it, and I'll post the comparisons tomorrow morning. Any feedback, comments, questions, all very much appreciated!

Is your car auto or manual? I feel like my bama tune isn't aggressive enough. I've tried both the 91P and 91R. Might have to talk to bama and see what they can do!

2013 Black 3.7 V6
_nathannnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:40 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nathannnn View Post
Is your car auto or manual? I feel like my bama tune isn't aggressive enough. I've tried both the 91P and 91R. Might have to talk to bama and see what they can do!

2013 Black 3.7 V6

Auto. Try the 93R it's nice. I feel like it's lost some since I put it in but I just flashed back to it today from the performance

Old 07-21-2014, 04:59 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Auto. Try the 93R it's nice. I feel like it's lost some since I put it in but I just flashed back to it today from the performance

My city or county doesn't carry 93, it sucks. If they do carry it idk where. I've gone to almost every gas station here.

iantrusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:50 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:

Were your initial test results posted for stock and with CAI/Tune set for 93 or 87?

Eagerly awaiting delivery of Airaid / Bama X4 combo to test with my Manual equipped 2014 V6 Performance Package. Looks like you had similar setup with gears and tires to stock performance package, but with auto trans. I plan on normally running 87S or 87P most of the time, since stock performance on 87 works pretty well already in the manual V6 PP. Race tune to test will be 91R.

Finally did a few passes before upgrades with great results. Best stock results below ran using AdvanceTrac Sport Mode on 3/4 tank of 87 octane, with a lot of clutch work still needed at launch to control spin. Tires chirping from 2nd to 3rd was a first. Happy with stock results although a little slower than most reviews show for PP, mostly due to my driving errors. Temperature was typical Florida 93F+ day and car only has 1500 miles on it. Hope the CAI/Tune combo will get me into the very high 8's in 1/8th mile using 87 octane, and breaking into high 13's in the 1/4 mile is expected.

First pass was learning experience, aborted 1/4 mile pass as rev limiter kicked in 1st to 2nd, along with shifting from 2nd to 5th!
60' = 2.05 (best 60 foot, some spin)
0-60 = 5.95 (rev limiter reduced)
1/8 = 9.42 @ 71.06 (coasting)

60' = 2.10 slight spin,
0-60 = 5.55 chirped 2nd and 3rd
1/8 = 9.15 @ 77.93

60' = 2.10 harder launch, more spin
0-60 = 5.60
1/8 = 9.15 @ 78.39
1/4 = 14.05 @ 100.51
(wheel spin at launch causes higher mph through traps)

The combo from American Muscle should be arriving in a couple days.

Relating to tuning.
Going from a Mark VIII (added 3.55 gears) with the same motor later used in the 4.6L Cobra, the Mustang V6 as a daily driver felt slower than the 4.6L V8. This was why I went with a tune, to try get the V6 up to speed. Add to that the fact the 4.6L V8 got a little better MPG in both city and Hwy. I was wrong, as the V6 kills the Mark VIII V8 by .7 in the 1/8th mile. I think the sleeper part of the Mustang makes it "feel" slower than it really is. Now I am just looking for better daily driver feel as well as increased MPG.
14mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:36 AM   #47
Site Sponsor

Quote:
I was trying to reproduce it and could not. I may have ran over something or just a random noise. I wasn't playing with the CAI at all, but it does that stock a lot worse for me, and it wasn't really surging it was just high then low, not up and down. I'm hoping I get her back today! They didn't want to clamp it, insisted on welding it... So I'm a little worried what the price may be..... They always give me an honest price however. Horrible, silly question, but how exactly do I data log? I'm not the best with tech and googling it confused me.
Understood!If it's still acting up I would recommend getting it looked at if possible. It's tough to diagnose something like this from behind a monitor! In regards to the datalogging shoot us a call and we'll give you a point by point on it unless you already did!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 07-21-2014, 08:43 AM   #48
Site Sponsor

Quote:
I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying the mid pipe too! I've read some mixed reviews over the past few years on them and it's great to get a hands on review like this. I didn't think that it would be something that would cut out the drone and that's definitely on the interesting side and sure is food for thought! I'd love to hear your thoughts on working the performance tune and I'll keep my eyes open for the review!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 07-21-2014, 08:46 AM   #49
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Have to admit, this has peaked my interest to try it out. For AM: Is this tune still Beta or can I request it through the normal form?

Unfortunately will have to do 91, 93 octane is scarce to find out here for some reason
Joey, I think you would be pleasantly surprised! Let me know if I can be of any assistance or shoot Bama a call at 888.226.9764 if you have any questions and need an answer immediately!

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nathannnn View Post

2013 Black 3.7 V6
Nathan we'd love to work with you on this! Shoot us a call so we can get a better idea of what's going on and get that looked at!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 07-21-2014, 09:18 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Understood!If it's still acting up I would recommend getting it looked at if possible. It's tough to diagnose something like this from behind a monitor! In regards to the datalogging shoot us a call and we'll give you a point by point on it unless you already did!

I will be calling later today. I am going to have a day on the phone with Bama, and then AM, as the H9 bulbs I ordered don't fit my Raxiom chrome projector headlights, and I had to switch back to stock . I also need the install hardware for the GT/CS spoiler as I lost it . Hopefully I can get that all figured out and then the tune. The mustang has taken over my life LOL, I'm sure a lot of you know the feeling.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:38 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

So after a weekend of driving around on the 93P, the 93R is much better. I really notice no difference in low end power in the 93P, maybe even less than the 93R. The 93R is just smooth and faster. I have not tried the 87S yet. I still want to get more out of the 93R though, as I KNOW there is more to be tapped into, I HOPE Bama will put more into it, instead of just saying they did and not really doing it as I have read they do. Haven't really figured out datalogging yet. Am I supposed to drive around with the tuner plugged in while it reads the volts and other thing? How do I send it? When I connect my tuner to my computer nothing happens, it says device software could not install, and I can't update it wirelessly... maybe it is just updated? Looked on SCTs website, but it's not the best in terms of explanations.... I will ask when I call Bama, just didn't want to sound dumb. Lastly, is it ok for me to change tunes so frequently? I have not been flashing back to stock as I was told I didn't have to when switching back and forth from Bama tunes. Hope this is OK lol. My CAI sounds a lot better when the 93R is in also! It whines and whistles the whole time rather than just a quick "whoosh" when I step on it. People keep asking me if I have a turbo in my car LOL, or if I did an engine swap or super charger since they can't believe how fast it is and how it sounds.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:44 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So after a weekend of driving around on the 93P, the 93R is much better. I really notice no difference in low end power in the 93P, maybe even less than the 93R. The 93R is just smooth and faster. I have not tried the 87S yet. I still want to get more out of the 93R though, as I KNOW there is more to be tapped into, I HOPE Bama will put more into it, instead of just saying they did and not really doing it as I have read they do. Haven't really figured out datalogging yet. Am I supposed to drive around with the tuner plugged in while it reads the volts and other thing? How do I send it? When I connect my tuner to my computer nothing happens, it says device software could not install, and I can't update it wirelessly... maybe it is just updated? Looked on SCTs website, but it's not the best in terms of explanations.... I will ask when I call Bama, just didn't want to sound dumb. Lastly, is it ok for me to change tunes so frequently? I have not been flashing back to stock as I was told I didn't have to when switching back and forth from Bama tunes. Hope this is OK lol. My CAI sounds a lot better when the 93R is in also! It whines and whistles the whole time rather than just a quick "whoosh" when I step on it. People keep asking me if I have a turbo in my car LOL, or if I did an engine swap or super charger since they can't believe how fast it is and how it sounds.
Well as for the data logging. Call bama and tell them you want to data log and they will send you instructions in pdf file on how to do it. It's fairly simple and no brainer. You will have to download sctlivelink gen2 from sct to data log. Bama will provide with the PIDS they need you to log.

I always flash stock and then flash any other tune. It's not needed but it's for safety reason. If anything happens in the midst the stock tune is not lost.

The swoosh sound is just fantastic to hear. Especially when you accelerate in 2nd gear slowly till you reach about 5k rpm. It's just addictive Haha.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:56 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well as for the data logging. Call bama and tell them you want to data log and they will send you instructions in pdf file on how to do it. It's fairly simple and no brainer. You will have to download sctlivelink gen2 from sct to data log. Bama will provide with the PIDS they need you to log.

I always flash stock and then flash any other tune. It's not needed but it's for safety reason. If anything happens in the midst the stock tune is not lost.

The swoosh sound is just fantastic to hear. Especially when you accelerate in 2nd gear slowly till you reach about 5k rpm. It's just addictive Haha.
Awesome, thank you, downloading it now. The whine is amazing! I have a super deep exhaust note now, and the rumble and whine put together just sounds amazing . Like I said, people legit ask me if I have a supercharger or turbo LOL. Once I can sell my set of extra wheels/rims I will be getting some nice ultra performance tires and I can't wait to run on those!
Old 07-21-2014, 10:02 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Awesome, thank you, downloading it now. The whine is amazing! I have a super deep exhaust note now, and the rumble and whine put together just sounds amazing . Like I said, people legit ask me if I have a supercharger or turbo LOL. Once I can sell my set of extra wheels/rims I will be getting some nice ultra performance tires and I can't wait to run on those!
Awesome. Yea i bought continental DWS last winter. Bought these all season tires because my car is a DD and i drive it in snow as well. DWS are great tires and performance on dry and wet surface is just amazing too.

Here is the how to datalog pdf from BAMA attachedHow to datalog (11-12).pdf
Old 07-21-2014, 10:24 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Awesome. Yea i bought continental DWS last winter. Bought these all season tires because my car is a DD and i drive it in snow as well. DWS are great tires and performance on dry and wet surface is just amazing too.

Here is the how to datalog pdf from BAMA attachedAttachment 161913
Thanks! it looks like I have to bring my laptop in the car with me and plug the tuner into both the OBDII port and my laptop? Should be interesting.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:28 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks! it looks like I have to bring my laptop in the car with me and plug the tuner into both the OBDII port and my laptop? Should be interesting.
Correct.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:04 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with Bama. Spoke with Luis. Started off the phone call by saying I wanted to do a data log and described the grinding noise I heard, told him I tried to replicate it, etc. His attitude was immediately "Well our tune couldn't cause that so it's not our fault so I don't know what you want me to do about that". Took a pause and a deep breath, and I explained to him (again) that I tried to replicate the noise numerous times, couldn't, and just wanted to be sure that nothing was wrong, as I don't see why it's an issue for me to feel better safe than sorry. After giving an "ok we can look into it" and being dismissive, I said well there is one other thing I need you to look into, I have been getting idle surging. This time his answer was "Well it'll do that sometimes nothing we can do about it, if it's not happening the same time every time nothing we can do about it". If there's one thing I don't like, it's being spoken down to like I'm dumb, or can't comprehend a concept, such as in this case "not Bama's fault". I don't know why he was speaking to me like this, maybe because I sound young on the phone, but any way. Again, I took a deep breath and calmly explained in detail that I just wanted to data log to see if everything was fine with my car, better safe than sorry, didn't see why there was such an issue with me wanting to do a data log. He THEN asked me if I had an intake on my car. Ten minutes into the conversation and he now asked me for any information about my car. He said well what model do you have. I told him a 2012 v6, and then he asked for a "number from your order or...anything?" Like it was my fault he didn't ask for this information. Again, ten minutes into the conversation. Should've been the first thing he asked. He asked to put me on hold while he looked into it. A few minutes later he gets back on the phone. His attitude seemed to be gone and he was much more helpful. Told me he would be changing the idling, they would rewrite it and send it out to me probably by the end of the day. Again, tried being dismissive and going "Ok well if that's everything just call us if you need anything" - I cut him off and said well there is one more thing I wanted to know. (Don't know why he wanted me off the phone so bad LOL). I asked him to put the throttle responsiveness from the 93P into the 93R. Took me about 3 minutes to describe this to him to make SURE he understood what I wanted. It shouldn't have. had to ask 3 times "The idle revision AND the 93P throttle responsiveness will be in the 93R, correct?" to get a "Yes they will be". I asked if it would be done by the end of the day like he said and he said yes by the end of the day or tomorrow depending on how busy they are. Finally he was able to get me off the phone.
All in all, not pleased at all with the first half of the conversation, or how I was spoken too at all. He was better the second half after I was put on hold. The total duration of the phone call was 20 minutes, should have been a lot less. I am not looking forward to my next phone call with Bama. While on hold I thought "MPT is sounding better and better every second on the phone with this guy". Hopefully their customer service is better than this. I was really disappointed, as I had a really good experience with Bama on my first phone call with them. This time I did not at all.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:25 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
UPDATE: Just got off the phone with Bama. Spoke with Luis. Started off the phone call by saying I wanted to do a data log and described the grinding noise I heard, told him I tried to replicate it, etc. His attitude was immediately "Well our tune couldn't cause that so it's not our fault so I don't know what you want me to do about that". Took a pause and a deep breath, and I explained to him (again) that I tried to replicate the noise numerous times, couldn't, and just wanted to be sure that nothing was wrong, as I don't see why it's an issue for me to feel better safe than sorry. After giving an "ok we can look into it" and being dismissive, I said well there is one other thing I need you to look into, I have been getting idle surging. This time his answer was "Well it'll do that sometimes nothing we can do about it, if it's not happening the same time every time nothing we can do about it". If there's one thing I don't like, it's being spoken down to like I'm dumb, or can't comprehend a concept, such as in this case "not Bama's fault". I don't know why he was speaking to me like this, maybe because I sound young on the phone, but any way. Again, I took a deep breath and calmly explained in detail that I just wanted to data log to see if everything was fine with my car, better safe than sorry, didn't see why there was such an issue with me wanting to do a data log. He THEN asked me if I had an intake on my car. Ten minutes into the conversation and he now asked me for any information about my car. He said well what model do you have. I told him a 2012 v6, and then he asked for a "number from your order or...anything?" Like it was my fault he didn't ask for this information. Again, ten minutes into the conversation. Should've been the first thing he asked. He asked to put me on hold while he looked into it. A few minutes later he gets back on the phone. His attitude seemed to be gone and he was much more helpful. Told me he would be changing the idling, they would rewrite it and send it out to me probably by the end of the day. Again, tried being dismissive and going "Ok well if that's everything just call us if you need anything" - I cut him off and said well there is one more thing I wanted to know. (Don't know why he wanted me off the phone so bad LOL). I asked him to put the throttle responsiveness from the 93P into the 93R. Took me about 3 minutes to describe this to him to make SURE he understood what I wanted. It shouldn't have. had to ask 3 times "The idle revision AND the 93P throttle responsiveness will be in the 93R, correct?" to get a "Yes they will be". I asked if it would be done by the end of the day like he said and he said yes by the end of the day or tomorrow depending on how busy they are. Finally he was able to get me off the phone.
All in all, not pleased at all with the first half of the conversation, or how I was spoken too at all. He was better the second half after I was put on hold. The total duration of the phone call was 20 minutes, should have been a lot less. I am not looking forward to my next phone call with Bama. While on hold I thought "MPT is sounding better and better every second on the phone with this guy". Hopefully their customer service is better than this. I was really disappointed, as I had a really good experience with Bama on my first phone call with them. This time I did not at all.
There you go. Good luck!
Old 07-21-2014, 01:45 PM   #59
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I am not looking forward to my next phone call with Bama. While on hold I thought "MPT is sounding better and better every second on the phone with this guy". Hopefully their customer service is better than this. I was really disappointed, as I had a really good experience with Bama on my first phone call with them. This time I did not at all.
Why am I not surprised
Man, I really hope things turn out better.
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:17 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
To be honest Grabber, I feel the exact same way every time I call them. Once I had someone very helpful that genuinely wanted to help me out, I wish I could have remembered his name, but every single other time the exact same feeling as you. I currently have some minor surging issues with my 91h and our new rep here said just to call and they will take care of it, but I'm really not looking forward to be "rushed" off the phone again like times past. Tbh I'm probably just going to go over to MPT, should b O.K for Bama though, one less person calling them. Really too bad they are associated with AM where I've invested over 3k and couldn't be happier with their customer service. Not sure what's happening on the Bama side.

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:27 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
To be honest Grabber, I feel the exact same way every time I call them. Once I had someone very helpful that genuinely wanted to help me out, I wish I could have remembered his name, but every single other time the exact same feeling as you. I currently have some minor surging issues with my 91h and our new rep here said just to call and they will take care of it, but I'm really not looking forward to be "rushed" off the phone again like times past. Tbh I'm probably just going to go over to MPT, should b O.K for Bama though, one less person calling them. Really too bad they are associated with AM where I've invested over 3k and couldn't be happier with their customer service. Not sure what's happening on the Bama side.

GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
It's really disappointing. The feeling I got was "Not our fault, not our problem". Literal word-for-word from the Bama rep when I told him about the grinding noise I heard from the rear of my car was "How would a tune cause a noise from the rear axle", with an attitude like I'm dumb or something. Um, IDK, that's why I'm calling!?
They said they would be revising my tune and sending it out today. I am very happy I was able to do this trial-run with the tuner. If I purchase it, it will be 10% off, so $360. MPT has the same tuner for $380. I'm leaning towards flashing my car back to stock, and packing the tuner up and sending it back.... Even if the tuner was only $299, I would pay $80 more to not deal with customer service like that again..... I will give it another week for the sake of this write-up and for the good of everyone who is/will/might read this thread..... but this has REALLY turned me off from Bama.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:31 PM   #62
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

It would be very interesting to record one of the Bama conversations and post it on the forum
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
Old 07-21-2014, 02:35 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
It would be very interesting to record one of the Bama conversations and post it on the forum
I have no idea how to do that, I am not the best with technology and my iPhone has seen much better days. They said they would send out the revised tune today, so I am hoping by 5 that I will have my new tune. I'm assuming they email it to me....? Not too sure on it. Guess if I haven't received an e-mail by 5PM I'm not getting it today...
Old 07-21-2014, 02:41 PM   #64
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
I have no idea how to do that, I am not the best with technology and my iPhone has seen much better days. They said they would send out the revised tune today, so I am hoping by 5 that I will have my new tune. I'm assuming they email it to me....? Not too sure on it. Guess if I haven't received an e-mail by 5PM I'm not getting it today...
From my understanding, I believe they'll email it to you. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:44 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes, they will email it to you. You will then load it onto your tuner and then flash it on the car. If you really get the tune today ill be surprised with a shocking look on my face haha.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:50 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes, they will email it to you. You will then load it onto your tuner and then flash it on the car. If you really get the tune today ill be surprised with a shocking look on my face haha.
After my phone conversation I will be shocked if I get it today as well. I will also be shocked if there is an actual difference in the tune.... lol.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:56 PM   #67
Site Sponsor

Hey,

I'm not entirely sure what had transpired over the phone but I wanted to personally apologize for the level of service that you received today. I have absolutely no idea what had happened on his way into work or what's in the water but this is 100% absolutely not how we conduct ourselves here, nor is this the type of service that we provide for our customers. Moving forward I would like you to work with me and Paul our Head Tuning Specialist to prevent things like this from happening in the future.

Furthermore I've already brought Paul up to speed and he's reviewing the call as we speak and putting the finishing touches on your revised tune. You're going to hear from him within the hour.

Again I want to apologize about this but hang in there, we'll have you up and running in no time!

Quote:
I am hoping by 5 that I will have my new tune. I'm assuming they email it to me....? Not too sure on it. Guess if I haven't received an e-mail by 5PM I'm not getting it today...
I'm personally assuring you that this will be emailed to you within the hour!

Quote:
From my understanding, I believe they'll email it to you. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
You are correct sir!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 07-21-2014, 03:10 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey,

I'm not entirely sure what had transpired over the phone but I wanted to personally apologize for the level of service that you received today. I have absolutely no idea what had happened on his way into work or what's in the water but this is 100% absolutely not how we conduct ourselves here, nor is this the type of service that we provide for our customers. Moving forward I would like you to work with me and Paul our Head Tuning Specialist to prevent things like this from happening in the future.

Furthermore I've already brought Paul up to speed and he's reviewing the call as we speak and putting the finishing touches on your revised tune. You're going to hear from him within the hour.

Again I want to apologize about this but hang in there, we'll have you up and running in no time!

I'm personally assuring you that this will be emailed to you within the hour!

You are correct sir!
Thanks Alex. It was better after I was put on hold, but I really wasn't happy with the first half of my call, especially how the first few minutes were off the bat. I'm not one to over-react or take issue with people over the phone, I just ignore any negativity and remain positive. Maybe I should have said something while on the phone if I felt like I was being talked-down to, etc., but that is just not how I am.
I had two really positive calls with AM today about a headlight problem, and they were super helpful, even explained to me how the different kinds work and what would be needed to do a conversion and went really in-depth, answering all my questions until I fully understood everything, it was great. They set me up with a return for the ones I had purchased, and I received the e-mail immediately. They really saved me a good amount of time of researching and calling different companies and Ford.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:24 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

I ve never felt bad for anyone as much as I do for Alex and Dan. They really should not be apologising to anyone because it is not AMs fault. Bama is the one who really needs to get their act together. It's because of bama that Alex and Dan are apologising which is not needed as AMs service is just fantastic. Anyways if you have Paul assigned to you then I'm sure you will get the revisions on time. He keeps his promise. I got third revision from him just now. Will keep you guys updated.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:31 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Your absolutely correct.

Edit, I was a little late on that one lol.

FastFord13 is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang