BAMA- What are you really getting from them? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-21-2014, 03:37 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMustang12 View Post
I ve never felt bad for anyone as much as I do for Alex and Dan. They really should not be apologising to anyone because it is not AMs fault. Bama is the one who really needs to get their act together. It's because of bama that Alex and Dan are apologising which is not needed as AMs service is just fantastic. Anyways if you have Paul assigned to you then I'm sure you will get the revisions on time. He keeps his promise. I got third revision from him just now. Will keep you guys updated.
Alex has really helped me out numerous times. He's gone above and beyond to help me, fix any problems I may have had, and to even prevent any problems that could possibly arise. He has even helped me out on weekends or late at night when he is not on company time. I have nothing but respect and thanks for him, and in turn, the other AM guys on here.
As I said a few posts back, I had really great experiences with AM today regarding a headlight bulb issue. They spent a good amount of time with me, extending over multiple calls, they explained a lot to me about bulbs, headlights, how they work, what is required, etc. They saved me from hours of research and calls to different companies, and very easily could have saved me from hundreds of dollars being wasted on things that would not end up working. Whomever I spoke with should be commended.
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-21-2014, 03:46 PM   #72
Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Malvern, PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Thanks Alex. It was better after I was put on hold, but I really wasn't happy with the first half of my call, especially how the first few minutes were off the bat. I'm not one to over-react or take issue with people over the phone, I just ignore any negativity and remain positive. Maybe I should have said something while on the phone if I felt like I was being talked-down to, etc., but that is just not how I am.
I had two really positive calls with AM today about a headlight problem, and they were super helpful, even explained to me how the different kinds work and what would be needed to do a conversion and went really in-depth, answering all my questions until I fully understood everything, it was great. They set me up with a return for the ones I had purchased, and I received the e-mail immediately. They really saved me a good amount of time of researching and calling different companies and Ford.
PM's replied-You're very welcome! I'm not sure what happened on the first leg of the call but I'd like to get a listen myself to get a grasp on the tone. We pride ourselves on our customer service skills here, having worked on the phones myself for some time this is just not how we conduct business.

I'm very happy to hear about the phone call you had earlier with Steve! I left a few comments in the PM about those as well (I don't want you running around just to have them returned back to us with such great weather this week)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMustang12 View Post
I ve never felt bad for anyone as much as I do for Alex and Dan. They really should not be apologising to anyone because it is not AMs fault. Bama is the one who really needs to get their act together. It's because of bama that Alex and Dan are apologizing which is not needed as AMs service is just fantastic. Anyways if you have Paul assigned to you then I'm sure you will get the revisions on time. He keeps his promise. I got third revision from him just now. Will keep you guys updated.

No need what so ever! We're here to help our customers as best as we can and see to it that we deliver the best customer service possible. As you can see we're always on the forums bending over backwards to ensure you're satisfied. We will always go to bat for the Bama team as well and they're a great crew that loves to make power and customer service is their number goal. Again we've all had bad days and I'm not sure how his managed to trickle onto a phone call!

Alex
__________________
Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:47 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular
 
AJcruz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: OKC
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 503
I keep telling guys that Bama is not the way to go. You keep hoping and hoping that they will get there act together and even though you may have some good experiences they never disappoint to come around with some rude *** customer service. I called and emailed MPT numerous times and never a bad experience and super quick response. I've also helped the guys I work with get tunes from AED with awesome customer service. I don't understand why Bama continues to disappoint. A.M. Reps You don't have to apologize for them. Let them come on and apologize for themselves. Once again I will always continue to support A.M. And buy parts from them but I refuse to deal with Bama until things have definitely improved and I don't see bad results from them.
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-21-2014, 06:02 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular
 
Diehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North Reading
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,112
So what I'm getting from all of the above dialog is that the average person dealing with BAMA will have a good chance of getting the same type of negative experience as Grabber did unless they happen to hit it lucky or get preferential treatment, such as what Grabber ended up getting with the help of AM.
My hats off to Grabber!

Name:   download.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  8.0 KB
__________________
____________________________________________________
14 V6 auto, MCA, PP, BBK Shorties, MMD Hood Struts, Borla Touring A/B's, MAC ProChamber, aFe drop-in Filter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:04 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
I keep telling guys that Bama is not the way to go. You keep hoping and hoping that they will get there act together and even though you may have some good experiences they never disappoint to come around with some rude *** customer service. I called and emailed MPT numerous times and never a bad experience and super quick response. I've also helped the guys I work with get tunes from AED with awesome customer service. I don't understand why Bama continues to disappoint. A.M. Reps You don't have to apologize for them. Let them come on and apologize for themselves. Once again I will always continue to support A.M. And buy parts from them but I refuse to deal with Bama until things have definitely improved and I don't see bad results from them.
They really got to get their act together, I'm running Bama till my car goes into storage in November and if they still in this free fall I'm done and I'll go with MPT or steeda. I'm actually starting to regret going with Bama in the first place now.

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:07 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
So what I'm getting from all of the above dialog is that the average person dealing with BAMA will have a good chance of getting the same type of negative experience as Grabber did unless they happen to hit it lucky or get preferential treatment, such as what Grabber ended up getting with the help of AM.
My hats off to Grabber!
Attachment 161938
Hit the nail on the head!

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:12 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
UPDATE: talked with Paul, told me exactly what would be going on and is rewriting some stuff for me. He understood exactly what I want and really explained in detail what would be done and made sure it was what I wanted, and explained how it would do it and how he would fix my idle problem etc. excited to get them tonight and will report how they feel. Don't get me wrong, these new tunes are good. I wish everyone at Bama was as good as Paul. I'm 2/3 with them besides my phone convo with Louis. I will still give them more hope after my convo with Paul. He really sounds like he knows what he's doing and can get it done. I'll report back in a few hours


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:26 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular
 
AJcruz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: OKC
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
UPDATE: talked with Paul, told me exactly what would be going on and is rewriting some stuff for me. He understood exactly what I want and really explained in detail what would be done and made sure it was what I wanted, and explained how it would do it and how he would fix my idle problem etc. excited to get them tonight and will report how they feel. Don't get me wrong, these new tunes are good. I wish everyone at Bama was as good as Paul. I'm 2/3 with them besides my phone convo with Louis. I will still give them more hope after my convo with Paul. He really sounds like he knows what he's doing and can get it done. I'll report back in a few hours


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

That's good GrabberBlue, I'm glad your being taken care of. Hopefully the tunes workout for you. I'm just of the mindset that it shouldn't take the A.M reps getting involved to get things done. I wonder what's happening to those who are not on the forums which are about 70% of mustang owners :fear:
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:35 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
That's good GrabberBlue, I'm glad your being taken care of. Hopefully the tunes workout for you. I'm just of the mindset that it shouldn't take the A.M reps getting involved to get things done. I wonder what's happening to those who are not on the forums which are about 70% of mustang owners :fear:

I think most just don't know/care. It's the sad but honest truth. They don't think to ask or put time into it. They plug it in, it goes fast, they're happy. It's only is crazy people on here that will fight tooth and nail :p .


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:44 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular
 
JoeyM91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Shawnee
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,840
Having worked in a call center and customer service environment before a few tips: (These don't excuse rude behavior by the Rep, but these might help even your odds)

1) Do NOT call during lunch time (12-1ish), you might catch someone just as they're trying to leave for lunch, and they obviously won't be as apt to dig into things with you.

2) Don't call less than 1 hour before closing time. Same premise, people want to go home.

3) Best times to call are normally after lunch. People have eaten, they're awake and ready.

4) Get a really good rep? Get their name, and ask for a manager's e-mail, leave them some feedback. Encourage that good behavior and if worst comes to worst, you can request to speak with that person specifically. On the inverse if you get really crap service, get their name, end the call and get someone else. If they're REALLY rude, of course talk to their supervisor.

Again, this does NOT excuse rude behavior on the reps' part. Just some general rules that might help.
__________________
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:27 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Having worked in a call center and customer service environment before a few tips: (These don't excuse rude behavior by the Rep, but these might help even your odds)

1) Do NOT call during lunch time (12-1ish), you might catch someone just as they're trying to leave for lunch, and they obviously won't be as apt to dig into things with you.

2) Don't call less than 1 hour before closing time. Same premise, people want to go home.

3) Best times to call are normally after lunch. People have eaten, they're awake and ready.

4) Get a really good rep? Get their name, and ask for a manager's e-mail, leave them some feedback. Encourage that good behavior and if worst comes to worst, you can request to speak with that person specifically. On the inverse if you get really crap service, get their name, end the call and get someone else. If they're REALLY rude, of course talk to their supervisor.

Again, this does NOT excuse rude behavior on the reps' part. Just some general rules that might help.
I made sure to call after 1 for that exact reason! He was not outwardly rude/hostile, just seemed like I was being talked down too and was dismissive. Sort of like "how do you not know this" kind of attitude. It was my first "bad" experience with Bama, so I will not let 1 time be the end-all for me.
As I had said, I was called by Paul. He was awesome, really knew what he was talking about and after just a few minutes He fully understood what I wanted and had told me all about everything he would be doing. After that phone call I was really confident that I would get a good tune and the idle surging would be fixed. Quick, pleasant, informative. I trust my mustang's tunes with him. The tune literally arrived in 45 minutes, tops.
I was shopping for my girlfriend's new car all night, ended up picking out the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude black-on-black everything fully loaded. That thing is SWEET. ALMOST as cool as my mustang haha. Our driveway is going to look awesome with that and a grabber blue mustang in it.
Got back, loaded the tune up to my tuner, loaded it into the car for the drive home, and WOW. This tune is f&*(!ng amazing. Pulls hard through every gear, even harder at top end than the race and even harder low and mid range than the performance. It is a custom 93R, and it is amazing. I went 5 miles out of my way home to take it down a long road and really got into it. The shifts are so perfect they feel like a manual (I have an auto) When getting on the pedal hard you really feel the shifts! I was thrown back in my seat hard when flooring it from a stop, felt it immediately, and it continued all the way up through the RPM band. Immediately when letting off it shifted all the way down, perfect. Oh yeah, and no more idle surging besides the first 20 seconds or so from a cold start, and that's to be expected and it was about the same as stock, nothing crazy. This tune is crazy good. I went right from the 93R to it to really see if there was a difference, as I would get a better idea that way than stock to the new 93R. Literally sitting in bed right now looking forward to waking up and taking it on a long drive tomorrow. I really don't think MPT can be better than this, at least not noticeably so. Just to recap, this was the beta version of the new 93R tune, custom written to include the low/mid range power, which we clarified as quicker throttle response and more torque, and the high-end power of the 93R. It feels like the 93R and 93P met, had a baby, and that baby grew up and got bitten by a radioactive spider and now has super powers. This tune is EXACTLY what I was looking for. You know the feeling when you go from stock to your first 93 tune and you're like HOLY S*&T! I went from THAT to a whole new level of HOLY S*&T.
If you are skeptical about Bama, had bad experiences, or feel that their tunes are weak, request this tune. I don't know if you can call up and ask "can I have the same custom 93R with low/mid range torque and throttle response that Paul wrote for Grabberblue1993 Monday night at 6:20PM" LOL, but if any of the AM guys could help with that or getting you Paul's info. (extension 430 when you call Bama) and getting you all the same tune I was written today, you will really be impressed. Even if you have MPT and love it, if you run Bama now and are hoping for more, if you have the Bama tunes for life, try this exact tune out and you will be impressed. I haven't tried MPT yet, but if you have MPT and you try this tune out you will at the very least say "Wow, Bama really stepped their game up" and be impressed by it.

*****AM reps on here, if you could help get people set up with that, or just a way of calling Bama and getting set up with the same tune Paul wrote for me today, even if its by saying "I want the custom 93Race Paul wrote for Grabberblue (Brian) Monday night", I can guarantee you that a lot of people's attitudes towards Bama will change.******

Everyone reading this who has Bama tunes for life: Get set up with this exact tune. I'm sure the AM reps will read this and can get something set up with Bama so that you can get this same one that I do. If you're happy with your current Bama tune, don't like your Bama tune and want more, happy with your Steeda/MPT/anything tune, give it a try. Get this exact tune and give it a good test drive. Take the 15 minutes to call Bama after a way to request it gets set up and load it up. You will be impressed.
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:10 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
I'm really glad for you that you are happy with your tune and got good service from Paul. Here are the two biggest things that are going through my head as I read about your experience, however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I made sure to call after 1 for that exact reason! He was not outwardly rude/hostile, just seemed like I was being talked down too and was dismissive. Sort of like "how do you not know this" kind of attitude. It was my first "bad" experience with Bama, so I will not let 1 time be the end-all for me.
As I had said, I was called by Paul. He was awesome, really knew what he was talking about and after just a few minutes He fully understood what I wanted and had told me all about everything he would be doing. After that phone call I was really confident that I would get a good tune and the idle surging would be fixed. Quick, pleasant, informative. I trust my mustang's tunes with him. The tune literally arrived in 45 minutes, tops.
The problem is that BAMA knows about you and this thread. In just a few days this thread has 82 posts and over 1K views. You know they want to impress you and get a great writeup. This Luis guy was a jerk to you in the first half of the conversation before he got your VIN and info, i.e. when you were just another guy. Then you were on hold while he was talking to his colleagues, and they probably went "Oh s***, this is that guy writing that thread on Mustang Evolution." Then he comes back and is nicer on the second half of the conversation. Plus, after you posted here about how pissed you were, Alex steps in and gets personally involved with BAMA and Paul to make sure you are satisfied. (Nothing wrong with Alex doing that, I mean that's awesome that we have someone to go to bat for us, but is he seriously going to be able to do that with EVERYONE? It shouldn't be necessary for him to do it at all.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Got back, loaded the tune up to my tuner, loaded it into the car for the drive home, and WOW. This tune is f&*(!ng amazing. Pulls hard through every gear, even harder at top end than the race and even harder low and mid range than the performance. It is a custom 93R, and it is amazing. I went 5 miles out of my way home to take it down a long road and really got into it. The shifts are so perfect they feel like a manual (I have an auto) When getting on the pedal hard you really feel the shifts! I was thrown back in my seat hard when flooring it from a stop, felt it immediately, and it continued all the way up through the RPM band. Immediately when letting off it shifted all the way down, perfect.
I'm sure you have a great tune. This is awesome, and I'm really glad to hear this and it gives hope that BAMA's revised tunes are better than what people have been complaining about before. But as far as conclusions, I'm just going to leave it at "this sounds promising." The reason is that this is the first time you've ever tuned. There is going to be a strong psychological component, as you don't have anything to compare it to. I haven't tuned yet, so I'm just going off of what I've read of others in about one year on this forum, but EVERYONE is impressed with their first tune, granted there are no problems with it (just like you were with the original 93R you got on Friday). Then when people get a more aggressive one, they are impressed with it again, once the thrill of the first one wears off a bit.

I know you are planning on trying out MPT and comparing it to your revised BAMA tunes. I'm anxiously awaiting this. It will be extremely helpful to all of us following this thread to see your side-by-side comparison of the two, same car/mods. Even better if you can manage to get to a dyno and/or track and get numbers to compare.

Thanks again for all the hard work you are doing to give us these excellent write-ups and updates every step of the way. You are doing us a great service. May the best aftermarket tuner company win. Yay capitalism!
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:27 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular
 
mikeygaga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Long Island
Region: New York
Posts: 556
After all these complaints about Bama's customer service, you would think somebody of authority over there would step in and take care of it. Who's managing these reps? I know if I was their boss, I would call a meeting and tell them either get your **** together/ start being more patient with customers who call in or you're fired. Its something so easy to fix yet is creating such a bad image for them. Many times the phone reps are the face of the company, its important for them to be on their game.
__________________
2016 GT- Lund tune, jlt intake, mbrp catback.
2014 3.7 - SOLD
mikeygaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:05 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
I'm really glad for you that you are happy with your tune and got good service from Paul. Here are the two biggest things that are going through my head as I read about your experience, however.

The problem is that BAMA knows about you and this thread. In just a few days this thread has 82 posts and over 1K views. You know they want to impress you and get a great writeup. This Luis guy was a jerk to you in the first half of the conversation before he got your VIN and info, i.e. when you were just another guy. Then you were on hold while he was talking to his colleagues, and they probably went "Oh s***, this is that guy writing that thread on Mustang Evolution." Then he comes back and is nicer on the second half of the conversation. Plus, after you posted here about how pissed you were, Alex steps in and gets personally involved with BAMA and Paul to make sure you are satisfied. (Nothing wrong with Alex doing that, I mean that's awesome that we have someone to go to bat for us, but is he seriously going to be able to do that with EVERYONE? It shouldn't be necessary for him to do it at all.)

I'm sure you have a great tune. This is awesome, and I'm really glad to hear this and it gives hope that BAMA's revised tunes are better than what people have been complaining about before. But as far as conclusions, I'm just going to leave it at "this sounds promising." The reason is that this is the first time you've ever tuned. There is going to be a strong psychological component, as you don't have anything to compare it to. I haven't tuned yet, so I'm just going off of what I've read of others in about one year on this forum, but EVERYONE is impressed with their first tune, granted there are no problems with it (just like you were with the original 93R you got on Friday). Then when people get a more aggressive one, they are impressed with it again, once the thrill of the first one wears off a bit.

I know you are planning on trying out MPT and comparing it to your revised BAMA tunes. I'm anxiously awaiting this. It will be extremely helpful to all of us following this thread to see your side-by-side comparison of the two, same car/mods. Even better if you can manage to get to a dyno and/or track and get numbers to compare.

Thanks again for all the hard work you are doing to give us these excellent write-ups and updates every step of the way. You are doing us a great service. May the best aftermarket tuner company win. Yay capitalism!
I really can't believe how much attention this thread has gotten in such a short time. 1.5k+ views and almost 100 replies in about 5 days. Wow. That means that it is doing what it was intended to do, and that's help the mustang community make an educated choice instead of a guess or shot in the dark when picking a tune. That makes me very happy.

I can see where you are coming from about the customer service aspect. I actually mentioned to him on the phone that I was doing a write up for a forum, mustang evolution, when I was trying to explain why I wanted data logging for the idle surging.
Alex has been in contact with me since days before I even started the write-up, must have sent 50 PMs back and forth answering any questions I had and helping me out a few times with other things before I even started the write-up or had even thought of doing one. He would do the same for anyone on this forum for anything, just drop him a PM. I can see what you mean by "preferential treatment" but anyone on here if they just dropped him a PM to get in contact with Paul or anything else he would give you the exact same treatment. Even if I was so happy with a company I never complained once, if I could just take 5 minutes to write a PM and get the lead tuning specialist on my car, I would do it. I really can't imagine that the employees at Bama know who I am and that I'm doing a write-up on them, LOL, that's funny. Maybe I should have picked a cooler forum name HAHAHA, jokes.

I know that as a first time tuner I haven't compared it to anything else. However, I don't know how to word this, but it really was that good. I was happy with the original race tune. Not blown away, but happy. Pleasantly surprised is a good description. With this tune it was more like ecstatic. I really can't imagine being able to tune much more while being in the safety parameters through e-mail tunes. Maybe Lund could do it, but that's $200 a pop for a tune, and not the route the average first time tuner would go. As you said, I am excited to try MPT! I will be doing so next Monday. $75 is not a bad price, it will be considered a donation to the mustang community haha. For all I know, it could be so much better. I haven't tried it yet. One thing I do have to say. If I was a first time tuner, and this was the tune I received after asking for the modifications to it, and had it in my car Monday night and my first tune was in Thursday (4 days ago), I would not try a different company. I would be more than satisfied with it and I would not try a different company. Maybe in a year or so just to see what they were like, but I would be satisfied and not even think of trying another company. That is my honest opinion if I was just Joe Firsttime, and not doing a comparison between the two.
I will be tracking the car with both tunes the weekend after next. I'm sorry it has to be that long, I'm getting my hood re-painted by Ford and I'm going on vacation to New Hampshire with my family from Europe that just flew in. I will be taking the mustang to NH though! Can't wait to get into it on those country roads! Oh, and super cheap border store LIQUOR! What's better than fast driving, the great outdoors, and super cheap alcohol?
Anyhow, I hope Alex or one of the AM guys responds to this today with a way of getting some people on here set up with the exact tune I got from Paul last night.
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:14 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygaga View Post
After all these complaints about Bama's customer service, you would think somebody of authority over there would step in and take care of it. Who's managing these reps? I know if I was their boss, I would call a meeting and tell them either get your **** together/ start being more patient with customers who call in or you're fired. Its something so easy to fix yet is creating such a bad image for them. Many times the phone reps are the face of the company, its important for them to be on their game.
I agree 100% However, their attitude may be that they think they are doing nothing wrong. For example, they may have listened to my phone call and their opinion may have been that their rep didn't say anything he shouldn't have and I was just being overly sensitive or something. That in turn reinforces that person and all his co-workers that they didn't do anything wrong.
It's my belief that a customer is always right, especially when your product is $400 and the only company interaction is through phone calls or e-mail, never face to face. Your reflection of that company is based entirely on that person who you speak too. It also does not matter if you think you did nothing wrong, you should go above and beyond to not even put a seed of doubt in the customer's mind that you don't care about their problems. If I was the average customer, I probably wouldn't have asked to speak to a manager or anything like that, just been disappointed in the level of service I received. However, for the good of this write-up and everyone reading it, I felt it necessary to honestly post my feelings about the conversation and how I felt during the phone call.
They should have a big meeting with the AM guys to go over CS and how to always be happy. Your dog could have just died and you could be sick, you still act as cheerful as you can. The AM people when you call just sound enthused to help you out with your problems, they sound like it's me or you over the phone talking, knowledgeable about mustangs, and never trying to rush you off the phone. That's what they need to tell Bama to be.
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:42 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular
 
AJcruz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: OKC
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 503
Sakib hit the nail right on the head. I agree wholeheartedly.
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:39 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular
 
smurf stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,341
No let's see if someone else can get this "revision" of this 93R tune and have the same reaction.
__________________
2016 VW GTI 2.0 Turbo

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:54 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf stang View Post
No let's see if someone else can get this "revision" of this 93R tune and have the same reaction.

^ this is what I want to happen. Just give it a try what do you have to lose. Hopefully they can get it set up. Trust me guys, as the unbiased reviewer, this was a MAJOR change from even the tuned up 93R I had originally, which was in turn a big upgrade from stock. I know I'm a first time tuner but it really was a huge change it just felt perfect, I especially loved the super firm shifts when flooring it.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:26 AM   #89
Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Malvern, PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I agree 100% However, their attitude may be that they think they are doing nothing wrong. For example, they may have listened to my phone call and their opinion may have been that their rep didn't say anything he shouldn't have and I was just being overly sensitive or something. That in turn reinforces that person and all his co-workers that they didn't do anything wrong.
It's my belief that a customer is always right, especially when your product is $400 and the only company interaction is through phone calls or e-mail, never face to face. Your reflection of that company is based entirely on that person who you speak too. It also does not matter if you think you did nothing wrong, you should go above and beyond to not even put a seed of doubt in the customer's mind that you don't care about their problems. If I was the average customer, I probably wouldn't have asked to speak to a manager or anything like that, just been disappointed in the level of service I received. However, for the good of this write-up and everyone reading it, I felt it necessary to honestly post my feelings about the conversation and how I felt during the phone call.
They should have a big meeting with the AM guys to go over CS and how to always be happy. Your dog could have just died and you could be sick, you still act as cheerful as you can. The AM people when you call just sound enthused to help you out with your problems, they sound like it's me or you over the phone talking, knowledgeable about mustangs, and never trying to rush you off the phone. That's what they need to tell Bama to be.
I'm very happy to hear that you're enjoying the new tune so much and you're seeing such a drastic difference in performance. As our tunes evolve and continue to develop so does our customer service. This thread is invaluable to us as it shows where corrective measures and changes need to be made. We're in the process of doing this as we speak and you're going to see changes all over the place! If anyone is to have any questions please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM, as OP had said I'll answer after hours or even on the weekends. If anyone is to ever need an answer on something immediately or have a question on something that's tune related please don't hesitate to contact Bama directly at 888.226.9764. They're there to help!

Alex
__________________
Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:29 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
What MPT tune should I purchase? I'm assuming 93 race or performance and have them integrate them together? Any recommendations by anyone who has MPT would be awesome as I wanna get the best I can for this review. I will be heading to the track to have the Bama tune and MPT tune go head to head once I get the MPT tune how I like it. Looking like I will be going next weekend to englishtown, NJ.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:32 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ann Arbor
Region: Michigan
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
What MPT tune should I purchase? I'm assuming 93 race or performance and have them integrate them together? Any recommendations by anyone who has MPT would be awesome as I wanna get the best I can for this review. I will be heading to the track to have the Bama tune and MPT tune go head to head once I get the MPT tune how I like it. Looking like I will be going next weekend to englishtown, NJ.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I have mpt performance and its the best one anyone can ask for. I data logged a few days ago and I got a new revision pertaining to my car today. I could hear exhaust popping all the time which I like but I was afraid it could harm the engine but mpt responded saying they have it tuned in such a way to replicate boss 302 laguna seca. I would highly suggest the performance tune.
FordMustang12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:56 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
So I just got off the phone with Chris from MPT. Super helpful, spent about 15 minutes on the phone with him. He explained to me in detail every single kind of tune they offer, what each does, the different kind of shifts they offer for automatic, everything. I'm going to go with the 93 performance tune and the race shift. Can't wait to get it loaded in my tuner and test it out, he said it would be 3 business days until I get it. Good for me, as the 'stang is going in to get her hood repainted tomorrow. The key note I took from our conversation was that MPT sends the tunes out already maximized to their potential right off the bat, within the safety parameters for your car, of course. I decided not to go with the ghost cam option, the neighbors already hate how loud my car is. What I loved is that he didn't try and pressure me into purchasing the optional ghost cam tune, or into buying more than one tune. He simply informed me thoroughly of everything, and let me come to my own conclusions. Told him about the thread and he was excited, said he can't wait to hear about the results when I take it to the track next weekend. Purchasing the tune now, and I really look forward to seeing how it is. Pretty confident in MPT's ability to deliver after that phone call. Thanks to Chris from MPT for a pleasant and informative conversation!
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:06 PM   #93
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
MustangDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lake Forest
Region: California
Posts: 726
Ah, the next chapter, excellent
__________________
2013 V6 Auto Premium | Sterling Gray | Pony/Comfort/Security Packages
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:14 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular
 
llJAEll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Baton Rouge
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
Ah, the next chapter, excellent

I'm very interested in this but hasn't it been done before?

http://m.themustangsource.com/showth...225&styleid=28


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
llJAEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:23 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular
 
AJcruz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: OKC
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by llJAEll View Post
I'm very interested in this but hasn't it been done before?

http://m.themustangsource.com/showth...225&styleid=28


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Yes but not with these so call "new" Bama tunes that are suppose to deliver more power there hasn't been a comparison.
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:25 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular
 
14mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: New Port Richey
Region: Florida
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by llJAEll View Post
I'm very interested in this but hasn't it been done before?

Steeda or MPT or Bama Tune - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution


Originally steered to this forum because it seemed most suggest Bama for the "all you can eat" steak dinner of tunes, while other companies were a one time highest quality steak dinner. Looking at numbers, the difference in performance is small. Having free tunes for life still wins me over, even if they might be a few percentage points slower. And when the tunes for life are included with the purchase of the tuner, at the same price others charge for just the tuner with SCT canned tunes, or one custom tune, duh... I think most that tune plan on doing upgrades after their first tune, multiple upgrades in some cases. This makes prior tune as useless as a stock tune. Bama = Value that seems hard to beat.
14mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:33 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular
 
llJAEll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Baton Rouge
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
Yes but not with these so call "new" Bama tunes that are suppose to deliver more power there hasn't been a comparison.

I'm going to give Bama a call when I get off work today and see if I can't get this new tune. I don't think anything is wrong with the tunes they sent me but for $400 I feel like all I got was firm peddles and I run 91 race :/


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
llJAEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:33 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
MPT 93 performance with Race shift officially ordered, tune form filled out and sent in. 3 business days puts me at Friday. I will be taking my car and tuner with me to NH hopefully, so I will update from there.
MPT offers free revisions for up to 6 months if you add anything onto your car besides a SC, turbo, Nitrous, etc.
I *believe* you also get updated tunes from them if they update it at all or change something to make it better not specific to your vehicle, such as what Bama is doing with their "new beta tunes".
I am not planning on adding anything to my car performance-wise for awhile after I throw shorty headers on in a month. That will be it for me for bolt-ons, unless I can get a BBK throttle body super cheap (Don't really think it gives you enough for the price, and just am not confident in gains from it).
By the time (if) I get FI it will be $5,000+ and the last thing I will be worried about is $75 I spent on an MPT tune.
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:39 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by llJAEll View Post
I'm going to give Bama a call when I get off work today and see if I can't get this new tune. I don't think anything is wrong with the tunes they sent me but for $400 I feel like all I got was firm peddles and I run 91 race :/


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Ask for Paul and ask to get the same then he wrote for me (Brian), the custom 93race with low end throttle response and torque in it. It's a lot better than the original 93R I had. Took my friend who helps me with all my mod work for a ride today and he couldn't stop buzzing about it. He's a car guy and he kept insisting that it was under 5 seconds 0-60. Didn't have my clip and mount so I couldn't get an accurate read on my phone (cheap app), so he did it by hand. He had me in at 4.8,4.9, and 5.1. Not sure if it was over eager hands by him on the timer or not, hard to do it by hand on an IPhone...


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:38 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular
 
JoeyM91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Shawnee
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,840
I need to hunt down some place around here that actually carries 93 Octane and give this new one a shot.
__________________
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:55 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
I need to hunt down some place around here that actually carries 93 Octane and give this new one a shot.
I pay $4.17 per gallon for 93 here on Long Island. Regular (87) is $3.87, so its really not that bad at all. 15 gallon fill up let's say, .30 more per gallon, ends up being $4.50 more per tank. But I've noticed I get better gas mileage with the 93, a tank lasts longer. It's pretty much the same for me, and I can run the 93 tunes!
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:58 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular
 
JoeyM91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Shawnee
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I pay $4.17 per gallon for 93 here on Long Island. Regular (87) is $3.87, so its really not that bad at all. 15 gallon fill up let's say, .30 more per gallon, ends up being $4.50 more per tank. But I've noticed I get better gas mileage with the 93, a tank lasts longer. It's pretty much the same for me, and I can run the 93 tunes!
Price really isn't an issue it's FINDING it lol. There might be 3 stations in Oklahoma that even carry it
__________________
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:02 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Price really isn't an issue it's FINDING it lol. There might be 3 stations in Oklahoma that even carry it
That's crazy! It's at basically every station here on LI, I guess because so many high end cars. I would google where you could get it, maybe it would show something. I would also ask MPT/Bama if they could do anything for you concerning the fuel. Not sure if they could maybe bump up your performance a little while adjusting for the 91? Again, not sure on that but it doesn't hurt to ask!
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:08 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ann Arbor
Region: Michigan
Posts: 189
Well so as I said Paul sent me a new revision yesterday as well. I just flashed it after running on mpt revision 2 for about 48 miles. I drove on bama for about 5 mi. I must say Paul has done a great job here. He is extremely close to what mpt is offering. He might be just a tad far away like about 2% if at all. But again that's from just 5 mi of driving. I haven't been impressed with a bama tune before but this one did impress me.

Not sure grabber if Paul wrote same tune numbers for yours and mine difference being the transmission but this one is definitely impressive. Did wheels spin from 2nd to 3rd which I was never able to do with bama unless I was on the throttle like a jack ***. I did wheels spin maybe at half or a tad more of throttle. Impressive
FordMustang12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:10 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ann Arbor
Region: Michigan
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Price really isn't an issue it's FINDING it lol. There might be 3 stations in Oklahoma that even carry it
Did you try gasbuddy. Com? It's a great website to find fuel near you. I use that a lot.
FordMustang12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I regret not getting packages added can I get them added Rahbarin 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 7 05-28-2013 07:42 AM
I mean really, really antlers and red noses! Loraco The Bar 18 12-27-2010 03:46 PM
This guy is having a bad day... A really, really bad day JROC The Bar 15 08-16-2007 11:52 PM
well im really really bored right now Zim The Bar 19 01-06-2004 09:30 PM
im really really bored. Zim The Bar 0 11-17-2003 04:59 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



10:51 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.