BAMA- What are you really getting from them? - Page 6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-27-2014, 09:07 PM   #176
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
I completely understand where youre coming from. It would have made more sense if the person I was speaking to explained the situation like you did. Rather than taking the short route by blaming everything back at the customer. Courtesy goes a long way imo.

I have done about 4 data logs to show performance under normal driving and WOT. I will email it to BAMA tonight. Hopefully things will work out this time, it's my final straw.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
That's the answers I was getting when I spoke with Louis... "Well our tunes can't do that not our fault....". They need to take the time to explain things to concerned customers who are worried about their $20K+ vehicle..... We are not all professional tuners
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2014, 09:35 PM   #177
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Can one of you guys tell me if your rpm stays up for a bit when accelerating and letting off?

Jeremy
Old 07-27-2014, 09:41 PM   #178
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Street tune does that, I believe it's to keep the rpm's high for acceleration.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
llJAEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2014, 10:20 PM   #179
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Hey all sorry I've been away in NH with no service, just got home. Ended up getting a bad tank of 93 up there, pinged like crazy.... burned through that halfway home, put some 93 in, was gonna try the MPT out as soon as I got home.... then a rock came up and put a huge crack in my windshield that won't stop spreading....
Luckily I have glass insurance and I'm gonna take it in tomorrow.... but then I have to get my hood re-painted Tuesday by Ford.... I'm really hoping to get a chance to try out the MPT tomorrow after the windshield gets fixed.
I averaged 28.7 MPG over 786 miles on the trip from start to finish. 87S going up, stock going down. Up I averaged 27 but I was going 85-100 entire way up.
Sorry to hear you got that answer when you called Bama. It really sounds like Paul is on top of his stuff but can't run everything, and his "team members" are not so great.....

Did you get a chance to try the fuse pull?
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:23 PM   #180
Registered Member
Regular

BAMA- What are you really getting from them?

Double post
Old 07-27-2014, 10:41 PM   #181
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Did you get a chance to try the fuse pull?

I pulled it for 10 minutes plus some but I had it in stock. It felt better then before I pulled it (it was stock then too). Could feel a much bigger difference in shifts they were a lot firmer. Was so excited to try the MPT but I got the cracked windshield on the way home. I'm gonna load it up tomorrow after the windshield is fixed! Excited is an understatement. I will be pulling it weekly!

Old 07-27-2014, 11:26 PM   #182
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by llJAEll View Post
Street tune does that, I believe it's to keep the rpm's high for acceleration.

The race tune does it as well. It's rather annoying.

Jeremy
Old 07-28-2014, 12:08 AM   #183
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
That's the answers I was getting when I spoke with Louis... "Well our tunes can't do that not our fault....". They need to take the time to explain things to concerned customers who are worried about their $20K+ vehicle..... We are not all professional tuners
My point exactly! I mean I get it email tunes are not perfect right out of the box, and you gotta data log to take any kinks out. But hey if a customer is saying he's having some issues with it, at least hear him. What more baffling is the fact that when I have already mentioned 'my mpt tune is really smooth, no issues', then at least be courteous enough to ask for a data log to see whats going on. Rather than dumbing the person down right away.

Pheww.. why is it so hard for Bama guys to get their act together after staying in business for such a long time lol.
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:13 AM   #184
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My point exactly! I mean I get it email tunes are not perfect right out of the box, and you gotta data log to take any kinks out. But hey if a customer is saying he's having some issues with it, at least hear him. What more baffling is the fact that when I have already mentioned 'my mpt tune is really smooth, no issues', then at least be courteous enough to ask for a data log to see whats going on. Rather than dumbing the person down right away.

Pheww.. why is it so hard for Bama guys to get their act together after staying in business for such a long time lol.
Bama instantly seems to clam up and not answer anything if you say another companies name, like MPT for example. When I spoke to MPT, Chris there told me all about exactly how they were different from Bama, what exactly they would do, etc. I even told him about this write up and he checked it out and loved what was being done. Didn't say one bad thing about Bama, he even encouraged the competition between the two! Sounded like he really cared about getting me the fastest times possible, not one company vs. another.
It sounds like everyone besides Paul is new at Bama, or just not experienced? Maybe they are all inexperienced and since they have so many people calling they are super stressed and that's why they come off as abrupt/rude. I understand that if you have literally hundreds of people calling and saying "I want my tune faster" it could get old quick, but still.... the people who work at AM get the same calls and they always seem interested in the individual, as did MPT when I called, and they had no idea I was doing a write-up or anything until I told them.
Hopefully Bama can roll out these new tunes soon and hire more people like Paul. This is when people tune their 'stangs, not in the fall or winter, and I feel like they are really losing a lot of prospective customers to competitors, compared to years past.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:31 AM   #185
Registered Member
Regular

I still haven't gotten my tune from Bama and I put in the order last Tuesday.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:32 AM   #186
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I still haven't gotten my tune from Bama and I put in the order last Tuesday.

What!? That's insane. Did you check your spam box in your email? Did you ask for anything super complicated? What did they tell you would be the expected wait time?
Old 07-28-2014, 10:53 AM   #187
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Remember if you data log and send it to bama make sure you zip the files. They filter the files out if larger than 10 my. They don't tell you this and you come to know about it when you don't receive a tune for a week and you call them.
FordMustang12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:54 AM   #188
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What!? That's insane. Did you check your spam box in your email? Did you ask for anything super complicated? What did they tell you would be the expected wait time?

Yep nothing in my spam, I simply asked for something similar to your tune and he said our cars are very similar. No one gave me an ETA

Old 07-28-2014, 10:55 AM   #189
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yep nothing in my spam, I simply asked for something similar to your tune and he said our cars are very similar. No one gave me an ETA

Get on the phone with them right now and ask what the hold up is. Curious to know what the reason is.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:08 AM   #190
Registered Member
Regular

Pat answered and said there head tuner is supposed to be working on them now and I should have them today..::fingerscrossed::

Old 07-28-2014, 11:15 AM   #191
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Pat answered and said there head tuner is supposed to be working on them now and I should have them today..::fingerscrossed::

That seems to be what they always say when you complain about something or there's an issue that you don't just let go lol. Hopefully he gives ya something nice! Loading the MPT 93 tune in now! Bad news is I need a new windshield

Old 07-28-2014, 12:58 PM   #192
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Yeah I ordered mine Wednesday and it isn't here yet. Hopefully it comes today with yours.

EDIT: Just got mine 30 min after writing the post. Hope you get yours soon!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
jonyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:24 PM   #193
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
That seems to be what they always say when you complain about something or there's an issue that you don't just let go lol. Hopefully he gives ya something nice! Loading the MPT 93 tune in now! Bad news is I need a new windshield

Sorry to hear you're gonna need a new windshield. How much premium/deductible do you have to pay to get it replaced?

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:32 PM   #194
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyou View Post
Yeah I ordered mine Wednesday and it isn't here yet. Hopefully it comes today with yours.

EDIT: Just got mine 30 min after writing the post. Hope you get yours soon!

How do you like it!?
Old 07-28-2014, 01:34 PM   #195
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sorry to hear you're gonna need a new windshield. How much premium/deductible do you have to pay to get it replaced?

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
I have full glass insurance. I don't even have to pay a deductible for it thank God.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:54 PM   #196
Registered Member
Regular

UPDATE: So I got my MPT 93 tune in... it rules! I picked race shifting and the shifts are incredible, each one throws you back in the seat. It feels like I'm slamming gears even though I'm in an auto. It is quicker down low than the Bama 93R I had made for me. The MPT pulls noticeably harder from 1500-3000 RPMs, and just driving around town it is quicker. I didn't get the chance to test it out as much as I would like top end power wise, as I have a cracked windshield. However, I did a few take offs to about 60/70 and it feels really nice. The shifts just throw you back so hard I love it. Top end power-wise, I really don't think the Bama tune is far behind by much...if any actually. They feel really similar up top, the MPT just feels faster because its quicker down low.... All in all, I like the MPT more for driving around down and the down-low, but up top I really don't think there's much if any of a difference and you're just being "tricked" because the low-end on the MPT feels quicker. I'll drive it around some more but that's just a quick first impression!
Old 07-28-2014, 01:57 PM   #197
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
If you were to use this tune for DD duties how is the shifting when not at a WOT? Let's just say cruising around town.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:04 PM   #198
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf stang View Post
If you were to use this tune for DD duties how is the shifting when not at a WOT? Let's just say cruising around town.
Personally, I love it. Most people would probably want to pick a different shift setting, though. It really kick you back even going from 1st to 2nd at 25 MPH as you're pulling off from a stop sign. Not as hard of a kick as, say, when you floor it when you're tuned, but still a good kick back. It feels like you're slamming gears in a manual almost. For me, I love it, it's exactly what I wanted. For 90% of other people, they would be better off going with another shift setting. MPT said the same thing on the phone to me. "if it sounds like its too much for you, it is and you should go with a different shift setting." My car is my DD, and I love hopping in my car and driving it aggressively just to go a mile to the store. On the highway it's fine, you really only feel the pronounced shift-kick during "street" driving. Local roads, 20-40 MPH, stop lights, etc. If you don't want your car to feel like a race car and still want the performance but with more of a "cruise" feel and smooth shifts, go with a different shift setting. Hope that answered what you were asking.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:57 PM   #199
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds like a great tune for auto V6's. Seeing you compare to an "almost manual shift" kick, how much wheel spin does it feel like you get from 2nd to 3rd (short chirp or longer screech)? Curious how close it brings the auto w/tune to a stock V6 manual version, and 2nd to 3rd wheel spin noise seems like a decent reference.
14mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:31 PM   #200
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mayhem View Post
Sounds like a great tune for auto V6's. Seeing you compare to an "almost manual shift" kick, how much wheel spin does it feel like you get from 2nd to 3rd (short chirp or longer screech)? Curious how close it brings the auto w/tune to a stock V6 manual version, and 2nd to 3rd wheel spin noise seems like a decent reference.
They are nice chirps, not long screeches. Our opinions on duration of chirps may differ though so it is hard to describe it and both mean the same thing. They are good, solid chirps that last for a decent amount of time but do not screech or skid or anything. When you floor it from a stop they take a second to grip. I also have the 3.31 gears tho, so I'm not sure how that affects everything.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:56 PM   #201
Registered Member
Regular

BAMA- What are you really getting from them?

Delete
Old 07-28-2014, 04:59 PM   #202
Registered Member
Regular

And at the end of the business day today, still no tune LOL

Old 07-28-2014, 05:51 PM   #203
Registered Member
Regular

Uh oh dropping the ball again

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:12 PM   #204
Registered Member
Regular

What. That's crazy man. Call tomorrow and ask what the hell is up. Even a call saying sorry it's not ready yet would be nice. After driving to dinner and back I really like this MPT tune. I've gotten used to the race shifts. Couldn't be happier with it. I like it better then the Bama one I have for daily driving. Can't wait to see what they match up as at the track. I haven't heard back from AMAlex since last Wednesday, maybe he's on vacation or sick. I really don't have one complaint about my MPT tune or wish for anything more.

Old 07-28-2014, 06:21 PM   #205
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What. That's crazy man. Call tomorrow and ask what the hell is up. Even a call saying sorry it's not ready yet would be nice. After driving to dinner and back I really like this MPT tune. I've gotten used to the race shifts. Couldn't be happier with it. I like it better then the Bama one I have for daily driving. Can't wait to see what they match up as at the track. I haven't heard back from AMAlex since last Wednesday, maybe he's on vacation or sick. I really don't have one complaint about my MPT tune or wish for anything more.

Awesome dude glad to hear you are enjoying the mpt tune. This is exactly why I always recommend them if given the chance. Back to what you were saying earlier about bama customer service reps being rude because they have to deal with people calling in constantly.. If that is the reason it's absolutely ridiculous! Look at their job, they get to talk about/ experiment with fast cars all day!! I would kill for that job! Lol even if I had to deal with complaints all day, you still get to talk about cars. Maybe they need to spend a week at my job then they might just learn to appreciate theirs.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:30 PM   #206
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygaga View Post
Awesome dude glad to hear you are enjoying the mpt tune. This is exactly why I always recommend them if given the chance. Back to what you were saying earlier about bama customer service reps being rude because they have to deal with people calling in constantly.. If that is the reason it's absolutely ridiculous! Look at their job, they get to talk about/ experiment with fast cars all day!! I would kill for that job! Lol even if I had to deal with complaints all day, you still get to talk about cars. Maybe they need to spend a week at my job then they might just learn to appreciate theirs.
You are absolutely right that is no excuse at all, and I too would kill to have that job! I'm just trying to think of some possible explanation as to why they are like that... I can't wrap my head around it. Who knows, maybe by next summer they will have totally revamped their tunes and get their stuff rolling. I sure hope so. I only liked my custom 93 Race tune, the original race was OK, and the performance was totally underwhelming felt the same as the 87 street. My MPT is like the best of everything put together. Like I said, couldn't be happier with it, well worth the $75 IMO. That being said, I am happy I have the Bama tunes for life. Always being able to update and change things is very, very good.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:47 PM   #207
Registered Member
Regular

Just order MPT tune...

2012 v6 Black Performance Package MT CAI 3:73 Ford Racing Gears 91 Hybrid Bama tune Deleted Mufflers
2012 v6 Black Performance Package MT CAI bbk Shorties Ceramic Headers 3:73 Ford Racing Gears MPT 91/ 91 Hybrid Bama tune Deleted Mufflers
DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:52 PM   #208
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Just order MPT tune...

2012 v6 Black Performance Package MT CAI 3:73 Ford Racing Gears 91 Hybrid Bama tune Deleted Mufflers

As soon as I finish moving into my new place I'll probably have to do that

Old 07-28-2014, 08:19 PM   #209
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
So I tried the "new" 91r tune I got during my lunch break from work and it is slightly more aggressive than previously but shifts are not as hard as I would've thought. Overall it does seem to pull slightly harder in low and high end but I think I might end up ordering the mpt tune as well later.

jonyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:22 PM   #210
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyou View Post
So I tried the "new" 91r tune I got during my lunch break from work and it is slightly more aggressive than previously but shifts are not as hard as I would've thought. Overall it does seem to pull slightly harder in low and high end but I think I might end up ordering the mpt tune as well later.

91r from Bama?...I have the 91H and I just order 91 from MPT..I will see

2012 v6 Black Performance Package MT CAI bbk Shorties Ceramic Headers 3:73 Ford Racing Gears MPT 91/ 91 Hybrid Bama tune Deleted Mufflers
DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang