BAMA- What are you really getting from them? - Page 8 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-31-2014, 11:58 AM   #246
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
So I currently have nearly 34K on my 2012 V6, with the 4-year 40K warranty. I found a dealer here in Michigan (thanks to FordMustang12 who also lives in Ann Arbor!) who will install 3.55 Ford Racing gears and edit the speedometer and shift points without voiding warranty, so I'm probably getting that done real soon (hopefully next week). I have 2.73s right now. I just got a job down in Texas that I'm probably going to accept. The drive down there will quickly add 1,300 miles. And we all know how Texans like to drive an hour to get to the grocery store.

Point is, my tuning plan inspired by this thread might be put into action sooner than expected.
How is this done as the 2 dealers I spoke with said it can't be done cause the car does not have that gear option. Are they going to fool the computer by playing with the tire size and the 3.31 gearing option?

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2014, 12:58 PM   #247
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Just got info. on a Dyno..... $100 for an hour. Is this a fair rate? How many pulls do you think I could fit in an hour?
Old 07-31-2014, 02:44 PM   #248
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Not bad. Best I've seen is $50 for 3 pulls.you doing a dyno tune or just a HP measure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2014, 02:51 PM   #249
Registered Member
Regular

Just comparing Bama vs. MPT tunes on the dyno. Maybe stock too if I have time.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:21 PM   #250
Registered Member
Regular

That should be plenty of time
Old 07-31-2014, 07:55 PM   #251
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I read this non stop today and am so grateful you made this thread. I am buying a tuner soon and this definitely helped me on which way to go. I look forward to the rest of this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Steven3_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:44 PM   #252
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven3_7 View Post
I read this non stop today and am so grateful you made this thread. I am buying a tuner soon and this definitely helped me on which way to go. I look forward to the rest of this thread.

Awesome man! Really glad to hear it helped you! Definitely going to get some dyno numbers after the AM show, as well as 1/4 mile times! I'm trying to save as much $ as I can for the show so I can finish off my performance and exhaust build and then do a front and rear conversion this winter! The tuner is the best performance mod I have done to my car hands down, I love my 93R Bama tune and my 93 MPT performance tune! and it really brings out the best in all the other mod's like my CAI and x-pipe! Once I pick up my headers at the AM show this thing will be a beast!
Old 07-31-2014, 09:23 PM   #253
Registered Member
Regular

That's awesome man. I'm looking to get a Lethal Performance H pipe and Mac ceramic shorty headers myself. Can't wait to get everything together.

2013 v6 Black Mustang,JLT CAI, Flowmaster 40 series mufflers
Old 07-31-2014, 09:27 PM   #254
Registered Member
Regular

I'd really like to hear what that sounds like. I'm getting my BBK shorties installed tomorrow, I'm stoked!
Old 07-31-2014, 09:58 PM   #255
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Awesome man! Really glad to hear it helped you! Definitely going to get some dyno numbers after the AM show, as well as 1/4 mile times! I'm trying to save as much $ as I can for the show so I can finish off my performance and exhaust build and then do a front and rear conversion this winter! The tuner is the best performance mod I have done to my car hands down, I love my 93R Bama tune and my 93 MPT performance tune! and it really brings out the best in all the other mod's like my CAI and x-pipe! Once I pick up my headers at the AM show this thing will be a beast!
Hey, did you buy your borla Stingers yet? I read youre doing GT/CS conversion, have you looked into getting duraflex/look alike hoods? -with vents and functional hood scoops?

The reason I ask cuz I believe maybe it would give a sicker look, when couples with gt500 quad mufflers. Now of course this is just my opinion, and if you haven't yet started modding your car

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:01 PM   #256
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
Hey, did you buy your borla Stingers yet? I read youre doing GT/CS conversion, have you looked into getting duraflex/look alike hoods? -with vents and functional hood scoops?

The reason I ask cuz I believe maybe it would give a sicker look, when couples with gt500 quad mufflers. Now of course this is just my opinion, and if you haven't yet started modding your car

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||

I'm going to be picking up the Borla's at the AM show august 16th so I can get a good deal on them! I'm gonna be getting shorty headers as well! And if I can save up enough $ I will be getting a roush or boss rear diffuser and a decklid panel! What you're describing sounds really cool, I'll have to look at the show to get the best idea of everything in person, that's why I've been waiting the extra 2 weeks!

Old 07-31-2014, 10:08 PM   #257
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
I'd really like to hear what that sounds like. I'm getting my BBK shorties installed tomorrow, I'm stoked!

Be sure to post a video of that. I would like to hear what that will sound like.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:18 PM   #258
Registered Member
Regular

Where's this AM show?
Old 07-31-2014, 10:57 PM   #259
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven3_7 View Post
That's awesome man. I'm looking to get a Lethal Performance H pipe and Mac ceramic shorty headers myself. Can't wait to get everything together.

Id be really interested in hearing your setup!
Old 08-01-2014, 06:13 AM   #260
Registered Member
Regular

BAMA- What are you really getting from them?

Skip to 1:00 for the hard pull. It's very loud and you hear the rasp but it's not as bad as an off-road x pipe will be. This video is what inspired me, but I'm holding off for a month or so, so I can buy some lowering springs and pan hard bar.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:59 AM   #261
Registered Member
Regular

I like how it sounds on start up. There is rasp and buzzing but I think it would go away with if it was catted.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:07 AM   #262
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
I like how it sounds on start up. There is rasp and buzzing but I think it would go away with if it was catted.

Yea it would but the only catted one I know of for a v6 is the MRT and it's 560. I'd rather spend 230 on this and add some resonators.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:13 AM   #263
Registered Member
Regular

Or just get a GT stock H pipe and weld it in. Lol 100 total for the part and to install.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:22 AM   #264
Registered Member
Regular

Hmm, never thought of that.. What's the difference there? Still has cats though.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:57 AM   #265
Registered Member
Regular

Ya you would keep your cats just replace you stock mid pipe.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:01 AM   #266
Registered Member
Regular

Gotcha. Might try that out first see if I like it. Thanks.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:53 AM   #267
Registered Member
Regular

I get my car back today! Tomorrow I will be testing this MPT tune out to it's limits!! Gonna drive it hard

Old 08-01-2014, 06:59 PM   #268
Registered Member
Regular

Nice. Looking to hear how it feels. Just got my BBK shorties installed today. Running on a BAMA 87 Street tune. Feels like a hot knife through butter compared to my drive to the shop!
Old 08-01-2014, 08:30 PM   #269
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I get my car back today! Tomorrow I will be testing this MPT tune out to it's limits!! Gonna drive it hard

Drive that sucker like a 10 dollar Asian hooker. Ba ha ha ha ha

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:07 PM   #270
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you for this forum

Here is my story..I got my mustang back in 2012 and got a tuner/cai with AM. I've been really happy with the performance. Been running 91 Hybrid and a couple months ago I got 3:73 gears. Since I have tunes for life, I called Bama(AM) and requested a new tune. Once I got the tune, it did not feel the same. Car did not feel good....(never had a issue with AM) called AM up and ask if i got the right tune and that my car didn't feel right. They never ask me to datalog or nothing just told me that yeah you got the right tune. ok maybe it just me...I called twice about this. But then I seen this forum. I decide to try out MPT 91P.....The customer service was great!!...I felt that they cared to make my car to perform.. WOW!!!! so aggressive.. I'm so happy...the car feels how i thought it should feel (really good low end)..So GOOD! and I haven't even got on it yet. I'm going to get headers next and I can't wait...

BAMA= GOOD MPT=AWESOME

Hope this helps anyone out there.

2012 v6 Black Performance Package MT CAI 3:73 Ford Racing Gears MPT 91P/91 Hybrid Bama tune Deleted Mufflers
DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:59 PM   #271
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I finally was able to load the new tune up. Had to install windows on my Mac via bootcamp..pain in the ***. The tune is uploading as we speak. Fingers crossed..will update soon.

llJAEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 01:00 PM   #272
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by llJAEll View Post
I finally was able to load the new tune up. Had to install windows on my Mac via bootcamp..pain in the ***. The tune is uploading as we speak. Fingers crossed..will update soon.

MPT?

2012 v6 Black Performance Package MT CAI 3:73 Ford Racing Gears 91 Hybrid Bama tune Deleted Mufflers
2012 v6 Black Performance Package MT CAI bbk Shorties Ceramic Headers 3:73 Ford Racing Gears MPT 91/ 91 Hybrid Bama tune Deleted Mufflers
Old 08-02-2014, 01:03 PM   #273
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Still Bama, if it sucks I'll be MPT very soon

llJAEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 01:08 PM   #274
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by llJAEll View Post
Still Bama, if it sucks I'll be MPT very soon

It won't suck... I think the tune I got from them was bad...but the MPT tune is really nice!

2012 v6 Black Performance Package MT CAI 3:73 Ford Racing Gears 91 Hybrid Bama tune Deleted Mufflers
2012 v6 Black Performance Package MT CAI bbk Shorties Ceramic Headers 3:73 Ford Racing Gears MPT 91/ 91 Hybrid Bama tune Deleted Mufflers
Old 08-02-2014, 01:45 PM   #275
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Nice stripes, aye!

Prezona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 02:28 PM   #276
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Any of you guys with the "beta" BAMA tunes have any info on when BAMA plans to make these revamped tunes standard? I really need to purchase my tuner before I head back to school, but don't want to waste my time with BAMA if their new tunes haven't improved much. MPT is still practically the same price, so I still am leaning towards them.I was kinda hoping to see BAMA release the revamped tunes with a discount to drum up some business lost to other tuners .
ToP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:29 PM   #277
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToP View Post
Any of you guys with the "beta" BAMA tunes have any info on when BAMA plans to make these revamped tunes standard? I really need to purchase my tuner before I head back to school, but don't want to waste my time with BAMA if their new tunes haven't improved much. MPT is still practically the same price, so I still am leaning towards them.I was kinda hoping to see BAMA release the revamped tunes with a discount to drum up some business lost to other tuners .
Are you planning on doing performance mods in near future - say 6 months? Bama will take a bit of time before they make their beta tunes standard, they're still in their testing phase I believe. I'd say go with MPT if youre running out of patience lol.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 08-02-2014, 04:42 PM   #278
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
Are you planning on doing performance mods in near future - say 6 months? Bama will take a bit of time before they make their beta tunes standard, they're still in their testing phase I believe. I'd say go with MPT if youre running out of patience lol.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
I already have most of the common bolt-on mods. CAI, shorty headers, catted X-pipe, and Ford Racing Sport Axle backs. Only real performance mod left I might do is gears, but the install price is putting that idea on hold for the time being. I defiantly don't want to wait six months, especially when it sounds like I can go to MPT and get a great tune straight out of the box. I will admit that I'm kinda pulling for AM/BAMA to get it together, as they have been great to work with during my past mod purchases.
ToP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 04:47 PM   #279
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToP View Post
I already have most of the common bolt-on mods. CAI, shorty headers, catted X-pipe, and Ford Racing Sport Axle backs. Only real performance mod left I might do is gears, but the install price is putting that idea on hold for the time being. I defiantly don't want to wait six months, especially when it sounds like I can go to MPT and get a great tune straight out of the box. I will admit that I'm kinda pulling for AM/BAMA to get it together, as they have been great to work with during my past mod purchases.
I'd say go ahead with MPT, since you can always change your tunes gear ratio from your tuner itself. Bama and AM are two different branches of same company..with separate people in their respective customer service wing.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 08-02-2014, 04:54 PM   #280
Registered Member
Regular

I'm having a problem with my MPT tune... If I floor it it immediately red lines..... All the way to 8000 RPM .... Any way to fix this? I can't go fast

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang