BAMA- What are you really getting from them? - Page 9 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-02-2014, 05:08 PM   #281
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Yikes! Reload a new tune and contact MPT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
I'd say go ahead with MPT, since you can always change your tunes gear ratio from your tuner itself. Bama and AM are two different branches of same company..with separate people in their respective customer service wing.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Is this doable with an SCT/X3 tuner?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2014, 05:59 PM   #282
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Yikes! Reload a new tune and contact MPT.

Is this doable with an SCT/X3 tuner?
Yep indeed, I have sct x3 tuner from last year and it definitely does have option to change your car parameters - gear ratio, wheel size and such.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 06:10 PM   #283
Registered Member
Regular

That's awesome. I'll have to do that when I revert to stock tune since I had 2.73 gears when stock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I'm having a problem with my MPT tune... If I floor it it immediately red lines..... All the way to 8000 RPM .... Any way to fix this? I can't go fast

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
What's the word?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2014, 06:17 PM   #284
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's awesome. I'll have to do that when I revert to stock tune since I had 2.73 gears when stock.

What's the word?
Umm I'm pretty sure you can do that for your stock tune too, but you would have to dig a little deep into it. Mine only shows engine parameters when I want to load a custom tune, nothing such thing for stock tune. I suggest maybe talk to your dealership and see if they can flash your stock tune or something by taking into consideration you don't have 2.73s anymore?

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 08-02-2014, 08:01 PM   #285
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Really some good info in here on different available tunes. I wonder if the 'Tunes for life' hinder them from really performing quality work from being flooded with small update requests that don't bring in any revenue to handle the additional work. I would think if they would charge a small fee of say 15-30 dollars for updates it would defer a lot of small updates or if they did continue they could use the $$$ to hire additional help. I know the 'tunes for life' sells a lot of people but I would much rather pay a small fee and get a quality product then go back and forth to get something decent.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 08:19 PM   #286
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
Really some good info in here on different available tunes. I wonder if the 'Tunes for life' hinder them from really performing quality work from being flooded with small update requests that don't bring in any revenue to handle the additional work. I would think if they would charge a small fee of say 15-30 dollars for updates it would defer a lot of small updates or if they did continue they could use the $$$ to hire additional help. I know the 'tunes for life' sells a lot of people but I would much rather pay a small fee and get a quality product then go back and forth to get something decent.
Good point. I've wondered that myself,, however I feel the majority is filtered and given a generic tune. One that doesn't require too many people or man power to do. say you install a no tune CAI. They will devise a tune that can be dispersed to the masses but also they can see if someone just installed a pro-charger or an OR exhaust. Then they will need to send that person something a little more specific.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:41 PM   #287
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

What's the word?
Call MPT and have them send you a new tune

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 08:42 PM   #288
Registered Member
Regular

I don't have MPT or are you referring to Grabbers comment on the Red line spike?
Old 08-02-2014, 09:29 PM   #289
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
I'm having a problem with my MPT tune... If I floor it it immediately red lines..... All the way to 8000 RPM .... Any way to fix this? I can't go fast

Call MPT and have them give u a new tune.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Quote:
I don't have MPT or are you referring to Grabbers comment on the Red line spike?
Sorry, for Grabber. Lol

2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:38 AM   #290
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I'm gonna have to wait to call them until tomorrow. I don't know why it's doing it, it's really weird. Can't put my foot down past halfway to the floor or it'll jump to 8k RPMs...
Gotta give points to Bama here, didn't have any issues at all with their tunes besides some slight idle surging which most people don't even notice/care to get fixed.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:17 PM   #291
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm gonna have to wait to call them until tomorrow. I don't know why it's doing it, it's really weird. Can't put my foot down past halfway to the floor or it'll jump to 8k RPMs...
Gotta give points to Bama here, didn't have any issues at all with their tunes besides some slight idle surging which most people don't even notice/care to get fixed.
Damn, so are you just running your 93 Race tune? I forgot what it felt like to run higher than a Street tune. Just loaded an 87 Performance tune (first time ive loaded one in a year) and it's a huge difference over street. Going to load a 93 Performance tune once they send it.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:22 PM   #292
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Damn, so are you just running your 93 Race tune? I forgot what it felt like to run higher than a Street tune. Just loaded an 87 Performance tune (first time ive loaded one in a year) and it's a huge difference over street. Going to load a 93 Performance tune once they send it.

I'm running my Bama 93 race right now until I can call MPT tomorrow. I love my Bama 93 race!

Old 08-03-2014, 06:38 PM   #293
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
This new 93 race tune from Bama has been outstanding, haven't had much time to elaborate on it bit I'll post a write up tomorrow at work. GREAT JOB BAMA

llJAEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:39 PM   #294
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm running my Bama 93 race right now until I can call MPT tomorrow. I love my Bama 93 race!

Old 08-03-2014, 09:57 PM   #295
Registered Member
Regular

Lol nice. Hope they can fix that issue for you quickly.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:34 PM   #296
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Could you be a little clearer on this issue? What jumps to 8K when you press the gas? The Tach needle or the engine or both? Are you saying the tranny drops into neutral and the engine revs past the redline?
iguanaman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:38 PM   #297
Registered Member
Regular

The needle and the engine both do. Not really sure, didn't want to do it repeatedly LOL.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:44 PM   #298
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The needle and the engine both do. Not really sure, didn't want to do it repeatedly LOL.
When you floor it does it feel as if the car is in neutral when it red lines? Does the car accelerate at all?
Old 08-03-2014, 11:49 PM   #299
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
When you floor it does it feel as if the car is in neutral when it red lines? Does the car accelerate at all?
Yes it accelerates. Slowly. immediately jumps to 8k RPMs when I floor it and I slowly accelerate
Old 08-03-2014, 11:55 PM   #300
Registered Member
Regular

Yikes!
Old 08-04-2014, 12:01 AM   #301
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yikes!
Yeah it sounded BAD. I hopped onto the parkway, floored it when I was going about 30, and it shot to 8k RPMs and made a very unhappy noise. Did it again lighter to see what would happen and it immediately shot to 6k before I took my foot off.... totally fine up to about 60% pedal down.... Gonna give MPT a call tomorrow. Hopefully they can fix this quick... it took 3 days to get the tune so I'm not sure....
Old 08-04-2014, 12:28 AM   #302
Registered Member
Regular

Well once you get it fixed you should consider a test drive on out towards Boston! I'd love to feel the difference myself!
Old 08-04-2014, 12:41 AM   #303
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes it accelerates. Slowly. immediately jumps to 8k RPMs when I floor it and I slowly accelerate
Wow. That sounds like it downshifts into 1st or something. That would sure make that engine sing. Not is a good way either. It's a good thing the Cyclone is one tough motor!
iguanaman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:41 AM   #304
Registered Member
Regular

So I just got off the phone with MPT. I described what was happening and they said this was normal? I told them it really couldn't be normal it instantly redlines. They sent me out an e-mail to reply to, describe what's going on, and then the tuner would work with what I said... it's gonna be another 3 days until I'll hear from the tuner.....
. Here's hoping I can have a working MPT tune by the weekend... I really wanna have fun with it... I'm loving my Bama 93 Race right now though!
Gotta say I had no problems off the bat with my Bama tunes, and they really hooked it up with exactly what I wanted, and outside of one phone call with someone I had good customer service....
Old 08-04-2014, 09:56 AM   #305
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So I just got off the phone with MPT. I described what was happening and they said this was normal? I told them it really couldn't be normal it instantly redlines. They sent me out an e-mail to reply to, describe what's going on, and then the tuner would work with what I said... it's gonna be another 3 days until I'll hear from the tuner.....
. Here's hoping I can have a working MPT tune by the weekend... I really wanna have fun with it... I'm loving my Bama 93 Race right now though!
Gotta say I had no problems off the bat with my Bama tunes, and they really hooked it up with exactly what I wanted, and outside of one phone call with someone I had good customer service....
Ah man..sorry... I really love my tune MPT..

2012 v6 Black Performance Package MT CAI 3:73 Ford Racing Gears 91 Hybrid Bama tune Deleted Mufflers
2012 v6 Black Performance Package MT CAI bbk Shorties Ceramic Headers 3:73 Ford Racing Gears MPT 91/ 91 Hybrid Bama tune Deleted Mufflers
DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:58 AM   #306
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Their lead calibrator Ken is really quick on getting back, write him a detailed email as to what's going and I'm sure he will get it sorted out for you (reply to the email you received your tunes with - that way he will have everything in front of him). I don't think it will be 3 days to make a new tune, since it's basically a revision.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 08-04-2014, 10:05 AM   #307
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
Their lead calibrator Ken is really quick on getting back, write him a detailed email as to what's going and I'm sure he will get it sorted out for you (reply to the email you received your tunes with - that way he will have everything in front of him). I don't think it will be 3 days to make a new tune, since it's basically a revision.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
I did as soon as I got off the phone, described everything and said if they need any more details or have questions to shoot me an email or a phone call. The tune felt really nice until it started doing this.....
Old 08-04-2014, 10:16 AM   #308
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToP View Post
Any of you guys with the "beta" BAMA tunes have any info on when BAMA plans to make these revamped tunes standard? I really need to purchase my tuner before I head back to school, but don't want to waste my time with BAMA if their new tunes haven't improved much. MPT is still practically the same price, so I still am leaning towards them.I was kinda hoping to see BAMA release the revamped tunes with a discount to drum up some business lost to other tuners .
Hey ToP,

I wanted to make it known that we're using the revamped tunes as we speak. I think you wouldn't be wasting your time at all and as you can see GrabberBlue1993 is enjoying his. You would definitely enjoy them!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:21 AM   #309
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Where's this AM show?
We're having our 6th Annual Car Show held at Maple Grove Raceway in Mohnton Pa-We'd love to have you!

Quote:
Nice. Looking to hear how it feels. Just got my BBK shorties installed today. Running on a BAMA 87 Street tune. Feels like a hot knife through butter compared to my drive to the shop!
I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying yours so much as well!
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:42 AM   #310
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I'd love to know what was changed in these revamped tunes. I haven't taking any times yet with my revamped 93 race tune but BAMA has defiantly put me on the "this car is a beast now" team lol.

It seems like the rpm's hang around 2k most of the time now which may be one of the biggest factors for fixing the lack of low end torque. The car is very drivable now.

llJAEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:48 AM   #311
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
We're having our 6th Annual Car Show held at Maple Grove Raceway in Mohnton Pa-We'd love to have you!
I'll be coming to the 7th Annual show, couldn't make it this year.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:46 AM   #312
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by llJAEll View Post
I'd love to know what was changed in these revamped tunes. I haven't taking any times yet with my revamped 93 race tune but BAMA has defiantly put me on the "this car is a beast now" team lol.

It seems like the rpm's hang around 2k most of the time now which may be one of the biggest factors for fixing the lack of low end torque. The car is very drivable now.

Yeah, there's no lag then power at 3k RPMs anymore! It's constant now I love it!
Old 08-04-2014, 12:56 PM   #313
Registered Member
Regular

After multiple phone calls and e-mails with MPT, who were great through out the whole thing, I finally got the tune dialed in. Turns out my gear ratio should have been set on "default" and not "3.31", which I had set it too. Car chirps through 1st and 2nd! Really fast. I am just not used to how fast it climbs through the gears.... it's at 5k RPMs at 45 MPH when I floor it. Called just to make sure and they said it's fine just floor it the auto tranny will do what it's supposed to and if it climbs into 6th all the way just let it go the auto tranny will get you there the fastest as possible and won't hurt the trans. They said their tune does this and that's how their tunes are so much faster than their competitor's and the stock tune.
It'll take some getting used too I guess.
Can anyone who has MPT chime in on this? It feels a lot better and I'm not bouncing off the rev. limiter.... just want to be sure I'm not hurting my car before I go around flooring it everywhere!

On a separate note, MPT was great throughout the whole thing. Got an email within 2 hours of my phone call. Polite, helpful, great in general.
The tune feels A LOT more aggressive than my Bama tune... but not necessarily faster. I'll have to run some times to be sure... the butt dyno FEELS like you're going super fast but that's just from the shifts.... Will have to get times to see which is faster. But MPT deff. gives off the impression that you're going so so so fast, which may be why people rave so much about them. Definitely a fun tune! Not sure which I like better, this or my Bama. They feel about the same overall in how fast they made my car, with the Bama being much better for a DD and smooth constant power and the MPT being a "my car feels like a race car" weekend tune.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:11 PM   #314
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE=GrabberBlue1993;2058722]Car chirps through 1st and 2nd! Really fast. I am just not used to how fast it climbs through the gears.... it's at 5k RPMs at 45 MPH when I floor it. Called just to make sure and they said it's fine just floor it the auto tranny will do what it's supposed to and if it climbs into 6th all the way just let it go the auto tranny will get you there the fastest as possible and won't hurt the trans....QUOTE]
I do not understand exactly what is happening here?

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:16 PM   #315
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE=smurf stang;2058727]
Quote:
Car chirps through 1st and 2nd! Really fast. I am just not used to how fast it climbs through the gears.... it's at 5k RPMs at 45 MPH when I floor it. Called just to make sure and they said it's fine just floor it the auto tranny will do what it's supposed to and if it climbs into 6th all the way just let it go the auto tranny will get you there the fastest as possible and won't hurt the trans....QUOTE]
I do not understand exactly what is happening here?
If I am at a stop, and I put the pedal to the floor, I climb so fast through the gears when I accelerate from a stop that I am in 5th gear when I reach 45-50 MPH.
Sorry for wording it so strangely before, hope that clears up any confusion!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang