BAMA- What are you really getting from them? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-17-2014, 03:02 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
BAMA- What are you really getting from them?

Hey all, as some of you know, I am starting a write-up on BAMA tunes, my experience with them, how they compare to MPT, and everything else outside and in between.
Alex from AM was kind enough to hook me up with a free trial tuner (Shout out to AM for all they do for us forum guys), and it arrived today. I made my car bone-stock for a few weeks leading up to this so I could really get a good comparison and feel for the tune. (I have 3.31 gears from the factory).
Customer service - Bama was nothing but polite when I spoke to them on the phone, quick and easy, polite, even helped me find my 4-digit computer code in my engine bay. Friendly, talkative, an overall positive experience. That was Monday in the late afternoon, and they started work on my tunes on Tuesday. Thursday afternoon it shipped.
Today, Friday, the tuner arrived (24 hours from them to me, being in NY has its advantages for once). I put in my Airaid Cold Air Intake, and drove that around for a bit. No noticeable gains or difference besides the "whoosh" noise, which really isn't that loud IMO. When I got back, my private parts delivery man (AKA UPS guy) had just dropped off a package from AM, the tuner ( SCT SF4/X4).
I plugged it into my car, selected 93R tune, and began the tuning process. Couldn't be easier, literally "plug-and-play". After it loaded, I waited a few seconds, turned the car on, and sat for a few minutes watch my RPMs. No idle surges. Stock my car would actually idle surge a bit, with the tune it did not once in 3 timed minutes I watched it for.
After letting the car run for a bit, I took it for a quick spin before work. It just FELT better driving around side streets, the shifts were much better, and that god awful kicking-from-behind shift at low speeds was gone thank God. I took it on a few 1/8 mile long straight-aways where I could gun it, and HOLY JESUS, I was blown away. This thing is not the same car. I even picked my dad up to show him, and he was blown away too. It is much, much quicker in a straight line, once you hit 3,000 RPMs you shoot like a rocket, I had to be careful as the tires were trying to break loose and I was on a public road at 3PM.... down the block from a school.... maybe not the best test area... LOL. Anywho, I did that a few times and my 0-60 times were much improved. Bone stock I clocked in at 0-60 in 5.9, 3 times. With the CAI only, I got 5.8, 6.0, and 6.1. With the tune + CAI, I got 5.3, 5.1, and 5.25. I used the g-tac and pocketdyno apps for Iphone to time myself, and it is as close to accurate as I can get on an iphone. I have an OBDII dongle in the mail from amazon to get some "dyno" HP/TQ numbers in next week.
I will be testing it out once I get out of work tonight, and go on a few highway cruises and do some more testing. I am hoping for some "dyno" numbers next week, and I will be taking a long road trip up to NH and will get some MPG numbers for you all. Any questions, comments, suggestions, you name it leave 'em here, I'm always on and have the app for my phone so I will respond ASAP always.
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2014, 03:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1405627415.664107.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	812.3 KB
ID:	161660

Stock air box ^

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1405627437.504365.jpg
Views:	623
Size:	907.5 KB
ID:	161661

Airaid CAI ^ (Carbon fiber vinyl wrapped by myself)

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1405627495.138666.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	694.4 KB
ID:	161662

Loading up the 93R tune!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 07-17-2014, 03:13 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Do you feel that the majority of the acceleration changes are from the transmission shifting harder or is it actually pulling harder in each gear?

I would be interested in seeing what difference a 2nd or 3rd gear roll on would do stock vs tuned, assuming you can do that on the autos..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2014, 03:27 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
Do you feel that the majority of the acceleration changes are from the transmission shifting harder or is it actually pulling harder in each gear?

I would be interested in seeing what difference a 2nd or 3rd gear roll on would do stock vs tuned, assuming you can do that on the autos..
It feel like it's actually pulling harder. I've only tested out the race tune, I will test them all out this weekend. I have 93R, 93P, and 87S. The harder shifts I feel more just driving around town and on streets. When I floor it from a stop or slight roll (10 or less MPH) The shifts are hard, but once it hits 3k RPMs the thing launches. It is not slightly noticeable, it is throw-you-back-in-your-seat power. I haven't done any of the "dyno" stuff yet, but it feels like my dad's 2004 GTO did before it drowned (horrible yet funny story), and that was a v8, some quick googling shows it at 350 HP stock. My dad said it was just as fast if not faster than the GTO was, and he was very skeptical on a tune doing anything, but he was blown away by it. He is a car guy and has owned and played around with some fun things in his time, I think his old z28 was his favorite until some mechanic messed it up when he was trying to supe it up. Anyway, the thing pulls like the GTO did, and you can feel it's not just from the shifts. You would have to ask AM Alex on here if I received the old 93R or the "new" ones they are working on, but I asked them to give it some extra kick.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:27 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Not bad.

Now some track numbers would be great but at least you can test the car some way and get some numbers for repeatability.

Great write up also.

Also I usually run a friend of mine or my brother after each mod to see if they make difference.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:32 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf stang View Post
Not bad.

Now some track numbers would be great but at least you can test the car some way and get some numbers for repeatability.

Great write up also.

Also I usually run a friend of mine or my brother after each mod to see if they make difference.
Thank you! Track numbers will come probably 2 weeks from now, as I have to go to NJ for that. Long Island is not the place for 1/4 mile drag strips. It will be my first time on a drag strip actually, as I have only autocrossed a few times before (Very "interesting" with a RWD car). When I can make it down to the track I will do stock vs. tuned, and then vs. tuned + CAI. Not sure if there is a point in doing it stock with the CAI, as I really felt no difference at all with the CAI in stock compared to the stock airbox.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Hey all, as some of you know, I am starting a write-up on BAMA tunes, my experience with them, how they compare to MPT, and everything else outside and in between.
Alex from AM was kind enough to hook me up with a free trial tuner (Shout out to AM for all they do for us forum guys), and it arrived today. I made my car bone-stock for a few weeks leading up to this so I could really get a good comparison and feel for the tune. (I have 3.31 gears from the factory).
Customer service - Bama was nothing but polite when I spoke to them on the phone, quick and easy, polite, even helped me find my 4-digit computer code in my engine bay. Friendly, talkative, an overall positive experience. That was Monday in the late afternoon, and they started work on my tunes on Tuesday. Thursday afternoon it shipped.
Today, Friday, the tuner arrived (24 hours from them to me, being in NY has its advantages for once). I put in my Airaid Cold Air Intake, and drove that around for a bit. No noticeable gains or difference besides the "whoosh" noise, which really isn't that loud IMO. When I got back, my private parts delivery man (AKA UPS guy) had just dropped off a package from AM, the tuner ( SCT SF4/X4).
I plugged it into my car, selected 93R tune, and began the tuning process. Couldn't be easier, literally "plug-and-play". After it loaded, I waited a few seconds, turned the car on, and sat for a few minutes watch my RPMs. No idle surges. Stock my car would actually idle surge a bit, with the tune it did not once in 3 timed minutes I watched it for.
After letting the car run for a bit, I took it for a quick spin before work. It just FELT better driving around side streets, the shifts were much better, and that god awful kicking-from-behind shift at low speeds was gone thank God. I took it on a few 1/8 mile long straight-aways where I could gun it, and HOLY JESUS, I was blown away. This thing is not the same car. I even picked my dad up to show him, and he was blown away too. It is much, much quicker in a straight line, once you hit 3,000 RPMs you shoot like a rocket, I had to be careful as the tires were trying to break loose and I was on a public road at 3PM.... down the block from a school.... maybe not the best test area... LOL. Anywho, I did that a few times and my 0-60 times were much improved. Bone stock I clocked in at 0-60 in 5.9, 3 times. With the CAI only, I got 5.8, 6.0, and 6.1. With the tune + CAI, I got 5.3, 5.1, and 5.25. I used the g-tac and pocketdyno apps for Iphone to time myself, and it is as close to accurate as I can get on an iphone. I have an OBDII dongle in the mail from amazon to get some "dyno" HP/TQ numbers in next week.
I will be testing it out once I get out of work tonight, and go on a few highway cruises and do some more testing. I am hoping for some "dyno" numbers next week, and I will be taking a long road trip up to NH and will get some MPG numbers for you all. Any questions, comments, suggestions, you name it leave 'em here, I'm always on and have the app for my phone so I will respond ASAP always.
Great write up grabber!

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:40 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Great write up grabber!

GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
Thank you! I will be in contact with Bama to do some datalogging hopefully tomorrow or Monday to see if I can get any more out of the 93R.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:48 PM   #9
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Hey!

Thanks for taking the time to post your review! I'm very happy to see and hear that you're enjoying the tune so much. Get out and drive and let us know how it's working out!

As always let me know if you have any questions and drop me a line so we can finalize the order and make sure everything's dialed in!

Enjoy!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:55 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Thank you! I will be in contact with Bama to do some datalogging hopefully tomorrow or Monday to see if I can get any more out of the 93R.
Your giving me hope about Bama! I noticed you mentioned that you had no idle surging, did you notice any surging while your car was starting from a dead stop? That's where I'm having problems. Thanks.

FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:58 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Hey!

Thanks for taking the time to post your review! I'm very happy to see and hear that you're enjoying the tune so much. Get out and drive and let us know how it's working out!

As always let me know if you have any questions and drop me a line so we can finalize the order and make sure everything's dialed in!

Enjoy!

Alex

Going to send you a PM I have one or two quick questions. Definitely going to see how the tune handles a long road trip next weekend and then take it to the track the following week, and also do some updates and tweaks on a few things with Bama and see how it holds up or any problems arise, if everything's good I will definitely be finalizing

Old 07-17-2014, 03:59 PM   #12
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Thumbs up GREAT WRITE UP

Can't wait for the next installment, especially the comparison with MPT
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:00 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Your giving me hope about Bama! I noticed you mentioned that you had no idle surging, did you notice any surging while your car was starting from a dead stop? That's where I'm having problems. Thanks.

It was a good first experience with them, I'm looking forward to see how they handle tune revisions and how the tune holds up over a few weeks before finalizing my verdict, but a good first taste. I didn't experience any surging, but like I said it was just a quick 30 minute drive putting it through the paces and seeing what it could do. Tonight after I do 30 miles or so highway and more street driving I'll report back!

Old 07-17-2014, 04:05 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
Can't wait for the next installment, especially the comparison with MPT

Once I get the Bama tunes how I want them I will be comparing them to MPT! The 93R feels like it has a little room for improvement , specifically low-end power, but I was pretty impressed and if MPT can put out noticeably more than the 93r from Bama I will be blown away

Old 07-17-2014, 04:18 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Grabber, what brand OBDII dongle did you get? Does it display, record, or both? What kind of parameters, and how fast is the refresh rate?
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:22 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Grabber, what brand OBDII dongle did you get? Does it display, record, or both? What kind of parameters, and how fast is the refresh rate?

I got the iSaddle super mini off of amazon. I'm not really sure how to answer those questions as I have never used one before. It was $10 with 4 and a half out of 5 stars so I went with it and was going to play with it and figure it out.

Old 07-17-2014, 04:26 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post

If you have a brand you recommend and that would work (preferably) with an iPhone that would be awesome. I don't have any experience with them. I was going to run it with the torque app.

Old 07-17-2014, 04:51 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
If you have a brand you recommend and that would work (preferably) with an iPhone that would be awesome. I don't have any experience with them. I was going to run it with the torque app.

I just got the mini ELM from OBD Innovations.

Apple iOS Compatible Diagnostic Tools

It is a wifi unit. Apparently it is hard and expensive to find one with bluetooth that the iPhone will communicate with. I am running Engine Link from the App Store.

Did you find Torque for the iPhone? I looked, but did not find it anywhere.

Steve
'14 Deep Impact Blue V-6 Coupe
MCA Package
V-6 Performance Package
Premium Package
SRE TUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:53 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRE TUS View Post
I just got the mini ELM from OBD Innovations.

Apple iOS Compatible Diagnostic Tools

It is a wifi unit. Apparently it is hard and expensive to find one with bluetooth that the iPhone will communicate with. I am running Engine Link from the App Store.

Did you find Torque for the iPhone? I looked, but did not find it anywhere.

Maybe I will try one of those. I was going to use my dad's s4 for torque, and may be upgrading to the s5 from my iPhone next week.

Old 07-17-2014, 05:28 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I have had both! 93R tune and MPT tune! MPT is by far more aggressive and way better in my opinion. You will love MPT over bama rune tune.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Lambo345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:36 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambo345 View Post
I have had both! 93R tune and MPT tune! MPT is by far more aggressive and way better in my opinion. You will love MPT over bama rune tune.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Well the purpose of this write-up is to document the differences and entire process of tuning and then comparing them. Right now I am viewing neither as better than the other, and after first-hand experience I will document the differences in them, including the numbers they put out as accurately as I can, and then I will come to my own conclusion and let others come to their own. It's putting the info. out there for others to decide, not declaring one "better".
Old 07-17-2014, 06:03 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Well the purpose of this write-up is to document the differences and entire process of tuning and then comparing them. Right now I am viewing neither as better than the other, and after first-hand experience I will document the differences in them, including the numbers they put out as accurately as I can, and then I will come to my own conclusion and let others come to their own. It's putting the info. out there for others to decide, not declaring one "better".
+1 Thank you. Let's bring some objectivity and data to these debates. Not "you really feel it, bro!" Can't wait to see the results.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:11 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Can someone compare the numbers for a tune and CAI to a tune and no CAI? Curious to see if it makes any difference at all. Doesn't seem like it does from what I've heard.

iantrusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:20 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iantrusive View Post
Can someone compare the numbers for a tune and CAI to a tune and no CAI? Curious to see if it makes any difference at all. Doesn't seem like it does from what I've heard.

As previously stated, I will be doing that as well. There will be a difference from tune to tune + CAI. My guess is about 5-10 HP. Will know for sure when I can run some numbers. Not something you can feel as easily as untuned to tuned, but just because you can't feel a 10 hp difference doesn't mean it isn't there. I really only believe that untuned with a CAI is no difference from the stock airbox.

Old 07-17-2014, 06:24 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
As previously stated, I will be doing that as well. There will be a difference from tune to tune + CAI. My guess is about 5-10 HP. Will know for sure when I can run some numbers. Not something you can feel as easily as untuned to tuned, but just because you can't feel a 10 hp difference doesn't mean it isn't there. I really only believe that untuned with a CAI is no difference from the stock airbox.

Sweet thanks! Sorry guess I missed that part

iantrusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:31 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by iantrusive View Post

Mostly minor gains over the curve, next to nothing without a tune.

As for the comparison, I'm interested in seeing how this plays out as well. If Bama gets their stuff together, I certainly wouldn't mind giving them another shot. Lifetime tunes so why not?

My theory is MPT will be better in some areas such as low end power and harder shifts and Bama will be better in others like top-end power and idle smoothness and it will take tweaking from one or the other to get an all-round good package.
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:01 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quick question. Did bama give you their beta tune or is this review based on the older tune ?
FordMustang12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:04 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMustang12 View Post
Quick question. Did bama give you their beta tune or is this review based on the older tune ?
The answer that I received from AMAlex was that the tunes are always changing and being updated as they are sent out. When on the phone with Bama I had asked for more kick in the 93R tune. I'm not entirely sure if it is the beta tune or a completely different modified tune...

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Quote:
The answer that I received from AMAlex was that the tunes are always changing and being updated as they are sent out. When on the phone with Bama I had asked for more kick in the 93R tune. I'm not entirely sure if it is the beta tune or a completely different modified tune...
Hopefully he can chime in on this as I wasn't able to discern the answer to that question....
Old 07-17-2014, 07:13 PM   #29
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Hey,

I can confirm that these are the most updated tunes we have. As you know Bama's always working on the dyno, street and at the track to bring you the latest's and greatest tunes! I'm pretty impressed with what they came up with so far!

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the previous tunes, there's just always ways to make improvements and bring new things to the table. This is exactly what the Bama team is always doing!

Feel free to check in with the Bama team at any time and see what they're up to. They'd love to chat with you and datalog your tune etc..

I hope this helps!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:45 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Hey ! I'm having laptop problems at the moment but I can confirm they're v1.0 beta tunes

-alex

I think I was given the v1.0 beta tunes as well and I concluded the same thing for manual No surges , no intermittent rpm lags and no weird sounding exhaust notes. Just a little low on power and I love the most aggressive ones that's what Paul is working on now.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:58 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:21 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

UPDATE: Last night I got to take it on the highway and some long roads. It really throws you back in your seat when you floor it, my GF started freaking out when I did and said it was a lot faster than it used to be. Later that night I heard a noise from the back of the car, like a grinding noise on acceleration. No idea where that came from, I haven't heard it since...it weirded me out a little though. Today when I turned the car on it was idling at about 1200-1300 RPMs, and then went down to about 700-800 and stayed there. Not sure if it was because my driveway is on a slight hill, or if that's normal, or what the deal is. The car is in for some slight surgery, dropped her off just now to get a Ford Racing x-pipe welded in. Not really expecting any gains from it, just figured I would see if I could get any and change the sound a little. I will try the 93 performance later, and will be giving a call to Bama later in the day to see if they can fix a few things on the tunes. Any comments, ideas, suggestions on what I should ask for based on what I've written so far? Was going to see if they could get any more out of the 93R, and after seeing how the 93P is, maybe ask for a mix of the two. I would LOVE the 93R with low-end power.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:26 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
UPDATE: Last night I got to take it on the highway and some long roads. It really throws you back in your seat when you floor it, my GF started freaking out when I did and said it was a lot faster than it used to be. Later that night I heard a noise from the back of the car, like a grinding noise on acceleration. No idea where that came from, I haven't heard it since...it weirded me out a little though. Today when I turned the car on it was idling at about 1200-1300 RPMs, and then went down to about 700-800 and stayed there. Not sure if it was because my driveway is on a slight hill, or if that's normal, or what the deal is. The car is in for some slight surgery, dropped her off just now to get a Ford Racing x-pipe welded in. Not really expecting any gains from it, just figured I would see if I could get any and change the sound a little. I will try the 93 performance later, and will be giving a call to Bama later in the day to see if they can fix a few things on the tunes. Any comments, ideas, suggestions on what I should ask for based on what I've written so far? Was going to see if they could get any more out of the 93R, and after seeing how the 93P is, maybe ask for a mix of the two. I would LOVE the 93R with low-end power.
Is this issue reproduceable? Did you try going back to stock and check if the issue occurred again? Their new Race tunes combine 93P and 93R. No longer Hybrid tunes are offered as i understand. When cold the car will idle at higher rpms and then drop down to 650-700 as you described.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:31 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMustang12 View Post
Is this issue reproduceable? Did you try going back to stock and check if the issue occurred again? Their new Race tunes combine 93P and 93R. No longer Hybrid tunes are offered as i understand. When cold the car will idle at higher rpms and then drop down to 650-700 as you described.
I tried to reproduce the noise, went fast, slow, braked hard, braked soft, basically did everything. I went back to stock this morning went I sent the car in, and I didn't notice it on the drive there. I will drive it back from the shop stock, I've put about 30 miles on the car since I heard that noise and haven't heard anything since, could've just been a random noise.
I'll try out the 93P later today when I get back from the shop. If there is more low-end power from the 93P I'll let you guys know, as that is where I really desire some, from the 1k-3k RPMs street driving to give it a boost when doing some daily driving, as I really notice the 93R only when I can really get into it over 3k RPMs.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:34 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I tried to reproduce the noise, went fast, slow, braked hard, braked soft, basically did everything. I went back to stock this morning went I sent the car in, and I didn't notice it on the drive there. I will drive it back from the shop stock, I've put about 30 miles on the car since I heard that noise and haven't heard anything since, could've just been a random noise.
I'll try out the 93P later today when I get back from the shop. If there is more low-end power from the 93P I'll let you guys know, as that is where I really desire some, from the 1k-3k RPMs street driving to give it a boost when doing some daily driving, as I really notice the 93R only when I can really get into it over 3k RPMs.
Exactly. 93R pulls hard after 3k RPM and 93P will give more low end torque. Thats how they are designed. Though 93P gives more low end torque MPT is a monster in this regard. It just throws you back in the seat. As far as the sound goes it could have been just random.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang