X pipe cut and clamp 2013 v6 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-27-2014, 09:07 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow14 View Post
The x pipe will smooth your exhaust. Cut out the factory resonators and weld the x pipe in. This may be the sound your looking for

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Hmm interesting. But if i cut stock resonators, will I get any drone?

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2014, 07:46 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Anybody know what this set up would do with Roush axle backs? Would it be the same as I've been reading? Or be very different? I'm good with loudness, the louder the better!
UB2PED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:49 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Anybody know what this set up would do with Roush axle backs? Would it be the same as I've been reading? Or be very different? I'm good with loudness, the louder the better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2014, 01:26 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB2PED View Post
Roush abs are pretty similar to Pypes. Basically a straight through muffler. I guess there's a post in beginning on this thread, it might answer your question. Sorta mellow it down, take away some harshness/drone.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 07-28-2014, 01:32 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
Roush abs are pretty similar to Pypes. Basically a straight through muffler. I guess there's a post in beginning on this thread, it might answer your question. Sorta mellow it down, take away some harshness/drone.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||

Oh ok. I want extra sound, but I am still torn on this x pipe or an off-road h pipe. Two extremes lol, but I've heard my set up with the off-road and it sounds epic.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:14 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh ok. I want extra sound, but I am still torn on this x pipe or an off-road h pipe. Two extremes lol, but I've heard my set up with the off-road and it sounds epic.
Off Road is going to get obnoxiously loud. I don't think your car would sound like a mustang anymore, more like a 4 cylinder fart canon. Not to mention shiet tons of drone!

Have you heard the set up in person, or is it just YouTube? Cuz videos don't show you the real picture. More often than not, you will be in for a nasty surprise if you make your decision solely bases on camera footage. Been there done that.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 07-28-2014, 02:23 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

I gotcha, I've heard it in person. I didn't get a good listen though. Think I'll just get shorty heads and the cut n clamp pipe and call it a day lol.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:22 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
I gotcha, I've heard it in person. I didn't get a good listen though. Think I'll just get shorty heads and the cut n clamp pipe and call it a day lol.
You should be fine with your roush that will be loud enough

Borla touring, airraid Cai, Mac ceramic shorty headers, frrp x pipe, 2010 gt500 rims, 35 % tint and more to come..
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 04:28 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
You should be fine with your roush that will be loud enough

Borla touring, airraid Cai, Mac ceramic shorty headers, frrp x pipe, 2010 gt500 rims, 35 % tint and more to come..

I would stick with it, but I'm looking to open up the exhaust a little bit more. Just more free flowing is all.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:05 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Anyone have a video of before and after cutting off the resonators?
GT 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:07 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Hmm interesting. But if i cut stock resonators, will I get any drone?

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
I can't really say for sure, but I do know that with the mac shorties factory mid pipe and magnaflow muffler deletes I couldn't hear myself think at any speed. What mufflers do you have.
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:19 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I can't really say for sure, but I do know that with the mac shorties factory mid pipe and magnaflow muffler deletes I couldn't hear myself think at any speed. What mufflers do you have.
Oh lord that's insanely loud I guess. I have single tip GT500 mufflers, they're a bit mellow under normal driving. And I certainly don't wanna do a WOT pull all the time to hear em scream, which they really do lol.

I'm just looking to add a bit of volume to my setup, maybe amplify the mellow burble I have right now. Hence I'm kinda torn between getting a x pipe or high flow cats.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 07-29-2014, 12:30 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Get a shop to make u a custom h pipe

2014 v6 blacked out with dark yellow super snake. airaid cai, bbk tb, bama tunes, 3.73, and magnaflow competition exhaust.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:17 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh lord that's insanely loud I guess. I have single tip GT500 mufflers, they're a bit mellow under normal driving. And I certainly don't wanna do a WOT pull all the time to hear em scream, which they really do lol.

I'm just looking to add a bit of volume to my setup, maybe amplify the mellow burble I have right now. Hence I'm kinda torn between getting a x pipe or high flow cats.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Looking at the gt500 mufflers they look like my manual mufflers. In saying that you shouldn't have any drone issues. When I just had the headers my stock mufflers sounded great and had good volume. Leave the factory cats and replace the section behind them with a different style x pipe. The stock cats will keep the gt500's in check.

Old 08-02-2014, 03:32 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Looking at the gt500 mufflers they look like my manual mufflers. In saying that you shouldn't have any drone issues. When I just had the headers my stock mufflers sounded great and had good volume. Leave the factory cats and replace the section behind them with a different style x pipe. The stock cats will keep the gt500's in check.

Perfect, thanks. But just so that I'm understanding it right, you mean I should replace those giant looking capsules (resonators?) With an X pipe? - so essentially my setup would be this x pipe-stock cats-stock mid pipe-mufflers?

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 08-02-2014, 03:49 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Would BBK short tubes and borla atak A/B give me the loud deep throaty roar I'm looking for?

Black_out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:54 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Perfect, thanks. But just so that I'm understanding it right, you mean I should replace those giant looking capsules (resonators?) With an X pipe? - so essentially my setup would be this x pipe-stock cats-stock mid pipe-mufflers?

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Yes keep the factory cats and replace backwards to where the midpipe attachs to the cat back. Leave the over the axle piping stock

Old 08-02-2014, 04:50 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes keep the factory cats and replace backwards to where the midpipe attachs to the cat back. Leave the over the axle piping stock

Cheers Thanks. So basically I will have 2 (mid)pipes? X pipe before the cats, and stock hybrid h/x after cats? Sorry just a little confused here.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 08-02-2014, 07:10 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Cheers Thanks. So basically I will have 2 (mid)pipes? X pipe before the cats, and stock hybrid h/x after cats? Sorry just a little confused here.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
The hybrid xh pipe will be cut off just the x pipe.

shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:15 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
The hybrid xh pipe will be cut off just the x pipe.

Oh okay.. This makes more sense lol thanks though!

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 08-02-2014, 07:44 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

I used a 2012 GT oem H pipe and MagnaFlow Street axel backs and now BBK shorty headers. http://youtu.be/8u5chalm-RU
Sorry for the poor sound quality I'll upload a higher sound and video when I get a chance.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:47 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
I used a 2012 GT oem H pipe and MagnaFlow Street axel backs and now BBK shorty headers. http://youtu.be/8u5chalm-RU
GT mid pipe is definitely something I have looked into. But I have read a couple threads where people had a bad experience with em - loss of down low torque (bigger pipe size?), weird sounding exhaust note at WOT and such.

How do you like it on your setup?

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 08-02-2014, 08:32 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
GT mid pipe is definitely something I have looked into. But I have read a couple threads where people had a bad experience with em - loss of down low torque (bigger pipe size?), weird sounding exhaust note at WOT and such.

How do you like it on your setup?

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
LOL, those were mine. It was just so different than what I was used to and it hadn't been broken in for my car yet. Plus the power came back when I requested a tune I said under H or x pipe that I had a MagnaFlow. Top end power was greatly improved though. I love the feeling and with the headers it sounds so badass!
Old 08-02-2014, 08:33 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh okay.. This makes more sense lol thanks though!

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Lol sorry for the confusion.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:44 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

So I finally went to a exhaust shop today. I had that giant capsules just after the maifold are resonators, in fact they are cats lol whoops.

They removed my stock resonators, and put a pipe there. I asked him about the x and h pipe, and he said your stock mid pipe is basically doing the job of both - since it's a cross between two. Going with anything different would just be waste of $$.

Aite by standing behind the car, the start up feels nice and sort of throaty. But is it louder than before? I can't say that - maybe because I've gotten used to the sound of my gt500 mufflers? However, one guy was it sounds pretty sick - much like a v8. And the other one was like the exhaust note is Purdy good for a sick.

-from inside the car while driving, I don't notice anything louder different from before. Same pitched sound. Maybe it's me but I wonder why the hell on earth did ford even put those tiny resonators to begin with?!

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

I had a belief**

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 08-06-2014, 11:54 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_out View Post
Would BBK short tubes and borla atak A/B give me the loud deep throaty roar I'm looking for?

Here is what my setup sounds like: (I have BBK short tube headers, GT H pipe, and Magnaflow Street Series axel backs.)
2012 Mustang V6: http://youtu.be/vb3pNKORIMU

Not sure if it's audible but the deep tone is so much more predominant and there is a larger "gurgling" in the exhaust...not a V8 by any means but it's 3X more burly than before.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:14 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So I finally went to a exhaust shop today. I had that giant capsules just after the maifold are resonators, in fact they are cats lol whoops.

They removed my stock resonators, and put a pipe there. I asked him about the x and h pipe, and he said your stock mid pipe is basically doing the job of both - since it's a cross between two. Going with anything different would just be waste of $$.

Aite by standing behind the car, the start up feels nice and sort of throaty. But is it louder than before? I can't say that - maybe because I've gotten used to the sound of my gt500 mufflers? However, one guy was it sounds pretty sick - much like a v8. And the other one was like the exhaust note is Purdy good for a sick.

-from inside the car while driving, I don't notice anything louder different from before. Same pitched sound. Maybe it's me but I wonder why the hell on earth did ford even put those tiny resonators to begin with?!

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

I had a belief**

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Im glad it worked out for you
Old 08-08-2014, 08:53 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Im glad it worked out for you
Thanks though!

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 10-28-2014, 03:52 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Oldish post but was wondering does anyone know if the cut and clamp pipe is 2.5 inch in diameter or is it like 2.25 stock

airaid cai, bbk tb, bbk shortys, Ford cut/clamp, magnaflow comp catback. bama tunes, 3.73s,
Old 10-28-2014, 04:31 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mustang v6 View Post
Oldish post but was wondering does anyone know if the cut and clamp pipe is 2.5 inch in diameter or is it like 2.25 stock

airaid cai, bbk tb, bbk shortys, Ford cut/clamp, magnaflow comp catback. bama tunes, 3.73s,
Stock 2.25, slides over the pipes behind the resonators and fits the clamps going to the over the axle pipes.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:36 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

That's stink all my exuast is gonna be 2.5 but that.. Idk mhmm

Old 10-29-2014, 12:50 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I would think before you do that. You're creating a bottleneck in your exhaust which will not help. Going from 2.25 to 2.5 overaxles. Especially if you have aftermarket headers, going from the large headers down to the small mid pipe and then back out the large over axles.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:59 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

I know.. Idk what else to get I need my cats

Old 10-29-2014, 09:29 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

For the price i'd almost just have an exhaust shop remove the resonators... that's basically all it looks like the FRPP x-pipe does since it doesnt increase in size. The resonators are tiny as well, i imagine there will still be some gains in chopping them out, just dont expect anything huge.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:16 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
For the price i'd almost just have an exhaust shop remove the resonators... that's basically all it looks like the FRPP x-pipe does since it doesnt increase in size. The resonators are tiny as well, i imagine there will still be some gains in chopping them out, just dont expect anything huge.
The FRPP X replaces the factory h/x hybrid, it bolts up behind the factory resonators keeping them in place.
mariusvt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang