New PR at the track last night - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-19-2014, 09:57 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
New PR at the track last night

So we've been taking my Girlfriends V6 a6 to the track and are pretty happy with the performance thus far.

Stock - 14.8 @ 94

Air Raid Intake / MPT tune - 14.1 @ 99

intake / tune / 3.73 gears / BMR lower control arms / relocation brackets and panhard bar with 275 35 19 Nitto Motivo all around - 13.7 @ 102

we took 3/10 off the 60 Ft alone with the new suspension, 2.5 to around 2.1 - 2.2. I noticed her tune file says its using 91 octane, but we have 93 here in Texas, so I'm hoping we have some more wiggle room left in the tune. Still on stock cats and headers, so I'm hoping this will be a low 13 second car by the end of summer.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2014, 05:40 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Nicely done! I can't believe how well this car responds to a few bolt-ons!

What was the DA like? Would imagine it was pretty high there?

2014 Ingot Silver Vert - MCA Edition

MPT Tuned - MRT Axle Back - MRT Catted H-Pipe - FRPP 3.55
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:41 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

To be honest I have no idea, it was in the 80's so it was nice and cool, but we had some rain earlier in the day so it was humid. My GF got the car to a 13.84 @102 just coming off idle at the line, I got the 13.78 @ 101 staging at about 1000-1500, so I feel there is more room in it with a good launch.

I used to think people were just being "polite" when I told them what our V6 was running like "ohh, that's pretty good for a v6," but after seeing some 2v and even 3v GT's run 14's - 15's all night it does make you feel pretty good about the 3.7.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2014, 12:36 PM   #4
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
You will get it down further

I ran a 13.3 but did a few things:
I ran lower pressure in my rear tires, ( about 24psi)
I ran more pressure in my front tires ( about 45psi)
I did not run through the water because street tires work better dry.
I used 87 octane gas. ( Always do)
I just ran the throttle down fairly slow to avoid wheel spin or bogging.
Just put it in drive and let it shift by it's self.

I only ran the one time but I was a drag racer in my early days and knew what needed to be done. You gotta be careful because it is really addictive and you can get hooked just like cigarettes or drugs.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
To be honest I have no idea, it was in the 80's so it was nice and cool, but we had some rain earlier in the day so it was humid. My GF got the car to a 13.84 @102 just coming off idle at the line, I got the 13.78 @ 101 staging at about 1000-1500, so I feel there is more room in it with a good launch.

I used to think people were just being "polite" when I told them what our V6 was running like "ohh, that's pretty good for a v6," but after seeing some 2v and even 3v GT's run 14's - 15's all night it does make you feel pretty good about the 3.7.
Check out this DA tool

DA Calculator - Density Altitude Calculator - DragTimes.com

Oh was at the track couple weeks ago and ran and beat a modded Ram Hemi. Guy cam over and asked if it had the 4.6 in my car. Nope, it's the 3.7 V6... "Oh, you must have a supercharger on it". Nope, just some bolt ons...

But yes I remember watching a lot of the 2005 GT only running 14s when they came out.

2014 Ingot Silver Vert - MCA Edition

MPT Tuned - MRT Axle Back - MRT Catted H-Pipe - FRPP 3.55
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Check out this DA tool

DA Calculator - Density Altitude Calculator - DragTimes.com

Oh was at the track couple weeks ago and ran and beat a modded Ram Hemi. Guy cam over and asked if it had the 4.6 in my car. Nope, it's the 3.7 V6... "Oh, you must have a supercharger on it". Nope, just some bolt ons...

But yes I remember watching a lot of the 2005 GT only running 14s when they came out.

80% Humidity for the night, but it says the DA was:
Density Altitude: 1827 feet
Relative Density: 94.76 %

I guess that's good? I really have no idea what that means haha, I've never been a serious drag racer, its just something for fun.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:38 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I ran a 13.3 but did a few things:
I ran lower pressure in my rear tires, ( about 24psi)
I ran more pressure in my front tires ( about 45psi)
I did not run through the water because street tires work better dry.
I used 87 octane gas. ( Always do)
I just ran the throttle down fairly slow to avoid wheel spin or bogging.
Just put it in drive and let it shift by it's self.

I only ran the one time but I was a drag racer in my early days and knew what needed to be done. You gotta be careful because it is really addictive and you can get hooked just like cigarettes or drugs.
Ronnie

Whats your 60 ft? I staged her stock 2.73 gears at 1000, 1500, 2000, even came right off idle and it never made a bit of difference, always like a 2.5. For these runs on the 275's and LCAs + Brackets I was staging at around 1500 rpm (I felt like 2000 spun a little, but its worth testing again) and was able to cut like 2.1 60's and I feel that helped a lot.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:02 PM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
My 60 foot time

I just put it in "D" and not just floor it but I briskly put my foot down after the car started moving. I wanted it to stay in 1st. as long as possible.
I can't believe how nice these Ford automatics will shift at full throttle.
My only mods are Magnaflow street axlebacks and an Airaid CAI. My tires are Pirelli P-Zero Nero 235/50/ZR18
I do have a 2.73 ratio rear.
I wish I was still working and had a better income so I could drag race my V6 Mustang . The potential is there but I can't afford anything breaking.
I was there with a friend and got talked into running the one time. ( He Paid ) and I beat him. He slept at the line.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang