JBA Shorty Headers - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-16-2014, 10:22 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
its only 1/8" difference in most v8 headers ( 1 3/4 vs 1 7/8) and thats often times enough to tell quite the difference. 1/4" is a big difference.
Voltwings is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2014, 11:28 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Like Volt said 1/4" is huge.

But also the JBA have a different routing than the BBK. Not sure how much that plays into the whole scheme of things.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2014, 04:07 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Ive had these JBA headers for around 4 months and they have worked perfectly and sound nice as well

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
mark_ash0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 12:30 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

@Mark you have the JBA shortys or long tubes? I want to hear an exhaust sound clip!
AirRaid CAI, BBK Ceramic LT Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Borla ATAK, MPT 93/97 Tune, Steeda LCA's and UCA, Steeda Relocation Brackets, 373 gears, WaveTrac LSD, Dynotech Driveshaft. Prothane Motor Mounts, Whiteline adjustable panhard bar & brace.Ground Control Coilovers with Koni's custom valved. Coming soon Circle D 3800 Stall and Lone Wolf Intake Manifold.
willb2305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 05:04 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
went to look at getting these, almost $100 more than everyone's been saying 0.0
Ponyboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:30 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyboarder View Post
This thread is 2 years old, and for a stainless header the price is good. They will outlast the bbk/mac mild steel headers.
Old 04-08-2016, 12:54 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyboarder View Post

Very old thread. I was the first stang in the world with jba shorty headers. Mine was the test and fitting car. I can tell you from experience from when i had the car that along with some jba axlebacks it sounds amazing for a V6 i used to love it back when i had my V6.

mark_ash0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 01:14 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Whoops my mistake! Good info though thank you!
Ponyboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 04:37 AM   #79
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
Ordered a set of these about a month ago. JBA I believe is overwhelmed as I just got a third "shipment will be delayed" email.
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, Performance Package: Roush Quarter Window Scoops; Roush Jackal Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Wire Mesh Grilles; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Differential Urethane Bushings; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; MBRP XP Catbacks; Drilled and Slotted Brake Rotors; BAMA 93R Tune; Royal Purple juice in everything!
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 06:01 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton CIT View Post
Ordered a set of these about a month ago. JBA I believe is overwhelmed as I just got a third "shipment will be delayed" email.
Did you ever receive them?
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 07:24 PM   #81
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
I ended up posted the conclusion to this on another thread. Got another "shipment" delayed message so I cancelled the order. I sort of was half mad and the other half thinking if production is that far behind they may be rushing to catch up which always is bad for quality control. I'm sure someone is willing to wait it out but for my part, I'm unfortunately turned off the JBA at this point. BBK doesn't seem to have major production problems like this. Just sayn'.
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, Performance Package: Roush Quarter Window Scoops; Roush Jackal Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Wire Mesh Grilles; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Differential Urethane Bushings; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; MBRP XP Catbacks; Drilled and Slotted Brake Rotors; BAMA 93R Tune; Royal Purple juice in everything!
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 05:14 PM   #82
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I guess I'll be the one to wait it out. Although the person on the phone said they would ship Tuesday.

Sent from my #racecar

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 06:52 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
I guess I'll be the one to wait it out. Although the person on the phone said they would ship Tuesday.

Sent from my #racecar
Which finish did you decide to go with?
Old 04-30-2016, 07:27 PM   #84
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Stainless.

Sent from my #racecar

Old 05-03-2016, 07:19 PM   #85
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Well, got my shipment notification today including fedex tracking number with ETA for Saturday.

Maybe it was just the ceramic coated ones getting pushed back ship dates?

Sent from my #racecar

Old 05-05-2016, 07:31 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well, got my shipment notification today including fedex tracking number with ETA for Saturday.

Sent from my #racecar
Looking forward to your thoughts when they arrive. They are on sale at AA for 25% off, might pull the trigger on a set of the titanium coated for $432.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:53 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

Sent from my #racecar
Can you do me a favor and take some really good pictures and kinda try to give a very detailed analysis. I know its asking a lot, but there's not a lot of info on these, and honestly if we dont go long tubes i'm leaning towards the JBA. Thanks.

Do an install thread and take lots of pics lol, people love pictures.
Voltwings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 10:19 PM   #88
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
Can you do me a favor and take some really good pictures and kinda try to give a very detailed analysis. I know its asking a lot, but there's not a lot of info on these, and honestly if we dont go long tubes i'm leaning towards the JBA. Thanks.

Will do. Probably be a while before they get installed. Going on vacation next weekend for a week. Then when I get back I'll have to catch up on everything that didn't get done while I was gone. Detailed pics should be no problem next week though.

Sent from my #racecar

Old 05-06-2016, 10:03 PM   #89
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Teaser 😉

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1462590163.040384.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	231.9 KB
ID:	200688

Sent from my #racecar

Old 05-06-2016, 11:17 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'd sure appreciate this also. Long Tubes are not an option for me, and really do want all stainless (ceramic). Anxiously awaiting for your input & experience. If I do go with headers, it will be JBA, want to see just how hard it really is to install, and once installed and several heat/cool cycles & re-tightened, is there none/some/lots of maintenance involved with headers.

Have fun on vacation & be safe.
Shadetree43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:10 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
From what I've read a 13mm flex head stubby ratchet wrench helps significantly with install.

Slickmullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 09:28 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadetree43 View Post
I'd sure appreciate this also. Long Tubes are not an option for me, and really do want all stainless (ceramic). Anxiously awaiting for your input & experience. If I do go with headers, it will be JBA, want to see just how hard it really is to install, and once installed and several heat/cool cycles & re-tightened, is there none/some/lots of maintenance involved with headers.

Have fun on vacation & be safe.
I would check with JBA about the metal used for their ceramic coated headers. I think they use plain steel and if you want stainless you have to go without a coating.
iguanaman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 10:40 AM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iguanaman3 View Post
I would check with JBA about the metal used for their ceramic coated headers. I think they use plain steel and if you want stainless you have to go without a coating.
Without double checking, I'm pretty sure there all stainless steel. Coated or uncoated.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:45 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Without double checking, I'm pretty sure there all stainless steel. Coated or uncoated.
This. They up charge on the coated because they are coating the raw stainless.
Old 05-07-2016, 11:47 AM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Teaser 😉

Attachment 200688

Sent from my #racecar
Nice, would you be willing to open and take some pictures this weekend? I'm trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger while they are still on sale.
Old 05-08-2016, 01:49 AM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Found these pics on another forum. Hopefully it helps!!
Old 05-08-2016, 06:54 AM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Those were my headers. I was not very happy with the quality of them and sent them back. #1 cylinder tube where it went into the flange was crimped down 1/4" because of the unnecessary angle it entered. The weld around the ports looked like some cheap blackjack headers and would of needed cleaning up in the tube as well. Then, the flange was not stainless and would of rusted up in no time. Sure they would of worked but the BBK quality was much better. Talks with JBA confirmed all headers were like mine. For what it's worth...

Sent from my XT1565 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 05-08-2016, 07:24 AM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubi351 View Post
Those were my headers. I was not very happy with the quality of them and sent them back. #1 cylinder tube where it went into the flange was crimped down 1/4" because of the unnecessary angle it entered. The weld around the ports looked like some cheap blackjack headers and would of needed cleaning up in the tube as well. Then, the flange was not stainless and would of rusted up in no time. Sure they would of worked but the BBK quality was much better. Talks with JBA confirmed all headers were like mine. For what it's worth...

Wow, that's a bit of interesting info on the JBA headers. I guess the lack of quality control is not limited to any one manufacturer. And then to find out that the flange is not stainless. I'm guessing that was the exit flange only. Is that true?
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Old 05-08-2016, 07:49 AM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
The flange that bolts to the head was mild steel.

Old 05-08-2016, 08:59 AM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The flange that bolts to the head was mild steel.

Wow , why would they do that I wonder? Mild steel is stronger and cheaper but for that application my curiosity is killing me. I wonder if I'll get an answer if I ask JBA?
Old 05-08-2016, 09:47 AM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Yea, jubi's pictures are why I wanted to see if a year or so later they were still the same. I am still 50/50 on just spending the extra $100 for the hooker shorty headers that are 304ss tubing and flanges with a lifetime warranty.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:59 AM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea I was reading your post and copied your pics to share with the group. Good pics and info thanks!!
Old 05-09-2016, 03:20 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Not sure how i feel about it not being a tuned length, thats really what maximizes the gains with the cam tuning. Granted, i dont make headers for a living, so what do i know.

You may not make headers for a living but you know what you are talking about
Logan541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:47 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Wow , why would they do that I wonder? Mild steel is stronger and cheaper but for that application my curiosity is killing me. I wonder if I'll get an answer if I ask JBA?
Keep in mind, the bbk and Mac shorty are entirely mild steel. At least with the jba the tubing is 409. With one of the coating options, the flange will last a good long time.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2016, 09:13 PM   #105
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

So could I paint them with high temp paint?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang